• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 2,383 Views, 77 Comments

The Fat and The Skinny - Dinodisneylover1



Can it be? The world's greatest comical duo have somehow arrived in Equestria? Still alive?

  • ...
2
 77
 2,383

Party for Two

After a few minutes of walking, Stan, Ollie, Twilight and Spike finally reached a café. A waiter pony came to them.

"Good morning, princess Twilight." the pony said friendly.

"Good morning, Savoir Fare. Nice to see you again." Twilight replied.

"We reserved a special table for you and your assistant." Savoir said.

"That's very kind of you, Savoir. Is there place for two more? I've brought some friends with me." Twilight asked.

"No problem, Your Majesty." Savoir answered.

"This is Mr. Hardy." Twilight introduced. And Ollie expanded his hoof to shake Savoir's hoof.

"Mr. Hardy. Pleased to meet you." Savoir said.

"My friend Mr. Laurel, Mr. Fare." Ollie introduced.

"Mr. Laurel." And Savoir shook Stanley's hoof. "Follow me."

Savoir Fare brought them to their table.

"Your table." Savoir said.

"Thank you." Twilight said.

The four individuals sat at their table and Savoir Fare gave them the menu cards.

"Take all the time you want." Savoir said.

"Thank you, Savoir." Twilight said.

Stan, Ollie, Twilight and Spike were looking in the menu cards to see what they want to eat. Ollie puts his glasses on to read. Twilight and Spike have already chosen, but Ollie and Stan are still thinking.

"I would like to have a daffodil and daisy sandwich, please." Twilight said.

"And for me pancakes, please." Spike said.

"Alright. What about you, gentlecolts." Savoir asked.

Ollie was thinking a little bit and then a smile came on his face.

"A swiss cheese, cucumber, tomato and romaine lettuce sandwich, and also some toast. And a cup of coffee." Ollie said.

"For me the same, please." Stanley said.

"Very well, coming right up." Savoir said.

And Savoir went inside the café. Then Ollie forgot something.

"Oh, garçon." Ollie said.

"Yes, sir?" Savoir asked.

"Could you also bring me a parfait?" Ollie asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Put one on my sandwich too." Stanley said.

"You don't put parfaits on sandwiches." Ollie said to Stan. "Just cancel the parfaits, garçon."

"Yes, sir."

"But bring me a small demitasse." Ollie said.

"Yes, sir."

"Oh, Gaston." Stanley said. Ollie looked weirdly at Stan because he said the word wrong.

"Yes, sir?"

"Also one for me in a big cup." Stanley said.

Ollie watched the audience and then at his pal with a look of 'With whom am I friends?'.

"A big cup. Where were you brung up?" Ollie asked and Stanley scratched his hair even if his hands are hooves. "Pass the hors d'oeuvres." Then he turns his attention to Twilight with a smile. "You pardon my friend ignorant."

"That's quite alright." Twilight said.

Ollie was trying to put a napkin on his neck, but it became a little bit difficult now that he has hooves. He began to struggle. Twilight saw it.

"Wait, let me help you." Her horn glowed and the napkin was placed on Ollie's neck. She tied it in a knot.

"Thank you. That was kinda handy. Too bad I'm not a unicorn." Ollie thanked her.

"You're welcome. It's like you never used hooves before." Twilight said.

Stanley gave Ollie the hors d'oeuvres and Ollie picked some and then handed the plate over to Twilight.

"You know, I'm awfully glad we've met you, Twilight. I still want to thank you for everything you've done for us, Twilight. Saving us from those timberwolves, giving us a place to stay and all that stuff. And you too, Spike." Ollie said

"You're most welcome. I'm sure anypony else would have done the same." Twilight said

"No, really. We want to do something in return." Ollie said.

"Well, if you say so." Twilight said.

"Say, maybe they can help you with organising your books." Spike said.

"Maybe. But I'm much more organized and I have magic on my side. Uh, no offense, sirs." Twilight said.

"It's okay. Where are you going to spend your vacation this summer. A..." He stopped talking because he saw Stanley peeling a tomato. He putted the knife in his mouth and hold the tomato in his hooves. Ollie looked at the audience with an annoyed look.

"Tsk, tsk." Ollie said and grabbed some lettuce and ate it.


Minutes passed. The quartet enjoyed their breakfast and were on the road back to the castle.

"The most delicious sandwich I've tasted so far." Twilight said.

"Hm. It was a very delicious sandwich indeed." Ollie said.

Then all of a sudden, three little fillies came out of nowhere. The first is a yellow earth pony with a red mane and a bow. The second is a white unicorn with a purple and pink mane. And the third is an orange pegasus with a purple mane. They all came to Twilight.

"Hey, Twilight." The three said in unison.

"Hello, girls." Twilight greeted them. "How are you?"

"Oh, just hanging out." the pegasus said.

"Say, Twilight. You probably don't now somepony who could use some help finding his or her cutie mark, do you?" the earth pony said.

"No. Sorry, girls." Twilight said.

"It's alright. We'll play ball." the unicorn said.

The little pegasus noticed the two stallions.

"Uh, Twilight. Who are they?" she asked.

"Oh, girls. These are my new friends. Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy. Sirs, I'd like you to meet Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle are sisters of two of my best friends. And Scootaloo sees my friend Rainbow Dash as a sister she never had." Twilight introduced.

"Heheh, they sure look funny." Sweetie Belle spoke and came straight to them.

"Awww. Why look at that. My goodness, Ohohoho." Ollie said and shook Sweetie's hoof. Then Ollie began to hug Sweetie and she returned the hug.

"They sure are cute." Stanley said.

"Yes." Ollie responded.

"I've never seen anypony like you here before." Scootaloo said.

"Well, that's because were not from Ponyville." Stanley said.

"They're comedians." Twilight said.

"Heheh. Well, they sure look like comedians. Are they from Las Pegasus? That would be awesome." Apple Bloom asked.

"Well, they never told me where they come from. But they're going to tell me sooner or later. Say, are you going to come to Stan and Ollie's welcome party?" Twilight asked.

"We sure do. We wouldn't want to miss a party in all of Equestria." Apple Bloom said.

"When is it?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Oh, dear. Pinkie forgot to tell me." Twilight said.

Then all of a sudden, Pinkie came out of nowhere.

"Twilight. I forgot to tell you. The party is tonight inside Applejack's barn at 9:00 p.m." Pinkie said.

"Oh, thanks Pinkie." Twilight said with a face that says 'Where did she come from?'.

"So, Stan. Ollie. How's your day in Ponyville?" Pinkie asked.

"Oh, just dandy. We couldn't have it any better." Ollie said.

"Yes, you could. At your welcome party. Well, see you tonight. Lalalalalalala." with that said Pinkie merrily skipped away.

Ollie looked dumbstruck at Pinkie. He still couldn't forget that moment when she squeezed him tightly or when she ran away like she was the Flash.

"Come on, sirs. Let's go back to the castle and get you fixed up. See you tonight, girls." Twilight said.

"See you tonight, Twilight." Sweetie Belle said.


At the castle. Twilight, Spike, Stan and Ollie are preparing themselves for the welcome party.

"Say, Twilight." Ollie said.

"What is it, Ollie? I can say Ollie and Stanley to you guys, right? 'cause I've been using them at some moments." Twilight asked.

"Oh, that's quite alright. Some of my best friends call me that especially Stanley." Ollie said.

"It's fine with me too." Stanley said.

"Good. What is it you want me to ask?" Twilight asked.

"If we don't have to wear anything special for tonight." Ollie said.

"For tonight, not really. Unless you want too. We dress ourselves for special occasions like the Grand Galloping Gala. But most of all, we don't acually wear clothes." Twilight said.

Ollie jumped a bit by that. And looked at Stan who's also looking at him.

"You mean you're naked?" Stanley asked.

"Well, I'm covered with fur, but when you say it like that then yes. Is there a problem with that?" Twilight asked.

"No, not at all. But where we come from, we wear clothes for warmth. But then it became a decency thing." Ollie explained.

"And where exactly do you come from?" Twilight asked.

Ollie began to think again because she asked once again where they come from.

"Well, does it help if I describe where we come from?" Ollie asked.

"That might get us somewhere." Twilight answered.

"Well, we live in an apartment. Me and Stanley together." Ollie told.

"Aren't you married? A pony your age should be married unless you want to stay single." Twilight said.

"We were married. Many times." Ollie told further.

"And divorced. Many times." Stanley added.

Twilight got shocked by the word 'divorce'. Cause there's nothing worse than losing your one true love.

"I'm so sorry to hear you got divorced." Twilight sympathised.

"Ah, don't sweat it. We knew somewhere that they weren't the right ones for us." Ollie said.

"That and because we two spend to much time with each other." Stanley said.

"That's awful. Why wouldn't your previous wives let you hang out with each other?" Twilight said.

"Oh, they thought that we did not pay enough attention to them." Ollie said.

"And did you?" Twilight said.

"We paid enough attention to them as much as they want." Stanley said.

"But it didn't work." Ollie said.

They both looked a bit sad. Twilight couldn't feel anything but sympathy for them.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find a new girl somewhere. Both of you." Twilight said.

"Why, thank you, Twilight. You know how to heal a stallion's heart." Ollie said.

"You're welcome. Now, are you ready? We don't want to be late, do we?" Twilight said.


"Really? You guys faced bandits and bogeymen and you even won a war?" Twilight asked dumbstruck.

"We certainly did." Stanley said.

"Those were difficult times, but it was worth it." Ollie added.

"Me and my friends faced even bigger threats: Changelings, dragons, an evil centaur, an evil king, sirens, even a manticore and a hydra." Twilight told.

"Mythological creatures?" Ollie asked.

"Doesn't sound like their made-up this time." Stanley said.

"You don't have those kind of creatures where you come from?" Spike asked.

"Well, where we come from those creatures you mentioned are all made-up or there hasn't been any proof if they exist." Ollie said.

"Well, those bogeymen you mentioned sound like they're also made-up." Twilight said.

"They actually weren't supposed to exist. We fought against them in another place." Ollie said.

"Technically, we actually arrived in that place by a book. Magically. Didn't we, Ollie?" Stanley said.

"You went to another world inside a book? That's awesome. Me and my friends went to another world in a comic book." Spike said.

"Unbelievable." Ollie said.

"Looks like we have a lot in common when it comes to adventure." Twilight said.

"Indeed." Ollie said.

The quartet kept on talking about their adventures and their lives and it all changed into a beautiful friendship. After an hour, they finally arrived at their destination.

"Well, sirs. There it is. Sweet Apple Acres. Like I said, my friend Applejack works there with her family. She bucks the apples from the many trees here and with those apples, they can make everything: apple cider, apple pie, apple fritters. Well, many things that are made from apples." Twilight said.

"That sounds delicious." Ollie said.

"The water is already coming out of my mouth." Stanley said.

Twilight couldn't help but laugh.

They stopped at the barn and opened the gates. It was dark just like in those old horror movies.

"There's nothing here." Ollie said.

"It's alright. Go inside." Twilight said.

They went inside the barn and the gates are closed. Stan and Ollie looked around. Nothing but darkness before there eyes.

"Twilight." Ollie whispered. "Twilight."

Stanley tapped Ollie's shoulder and Ollie got easily scared.

"Oooooh." Ollie screamed quietly and gave Stanley a push. Then a light came from above and shined on the two stallions. And suddenly, a second light was on and it shined on a familiar pink pony.

"Helloooooo, Stan and Ollie!

Then the whole room was filled with light. The light revealed a nicely decorated barn, a lot of ponies and more. Pinkie began to dance and bounce around.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. A fine welcome to you.
Welcome, welcome, welcome. I say 'How do you do?'

She placed party hats on Stan and Ollie.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I say 'Hip Hip Hooray.'
Welcome, welcome, welcome to Ponyville todaaaaaayyyyy.

And she ended the song with a slide.

"Wait for it." Pinkie said and all of a sudden, cannons came out from every corner in the barn shooting confetti.

Stan and Ollie couldn't believe their eyes. This is something that has never happened to them before. Well, there was a time when they got a party in honor to them. But alas, they never could experience it because of some trouble with Ollie involving boots. And when Stan and Olie still couldn't get those boots off, their wives arrived. And when they found out what they're husbands were truly up to, they began to shoot at them. In other words: another nice mess.

"So, did you like the song? Did you? Did you? Huh? Huh? Huh?" Pinkie smiled welcoming.

"It was great. Thank you so much, miss Pie." Ollie said.

"Oh, there's no need to call me 'miss'. You can call me 'Pinkie'. All of my friends do." and Pinkie fluttered her eyes. "And you don't need to thank me. Making everpony smile is my job."

"Wow, Pinkie. You've really outdone yourself this time." Twilight said.

"Aw, shucks." Pinkie blushed.

"Come, sirs. I'd like you to meet the rest of my friends." Twilight said.

Stan and Ollie followed Twilight. She brought them to three familiar fillies and four other ponies. A yellow pegasus with a pink mane, a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane, an orange earth pony with a stetson hat and a white unicorn with a purple mane.

"Look, there they are." Scootaloo said and the other ponies turned their attention to the two stallions and Twilight.

"Stan. Ollie. I'd like you to meet my friends. Girls, meet Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy." Twilight said.

"Hey. Aren't you those two stallions who fought against each other in towns square?" the cyan pegasus spoke.

"How do you know?" Stanley asked.

"I saw you two from the clouds during my nap. I was awake and heard something from towns square. Then I saw a whole lot of ponies looking at you. Dude, the silly moves you did to each other. HAHAHA!" the pegasus burst into laughter.

"Oh...my. I don't even want to think about causing trouble. What caused you to fight each other?" the yellow pegasus spoke.

"He pinched me." Stanley said and pointed to Ollie.

"Well, you were going to say something stupid as always." Ollie defended.

"Now, now, gentlecolts. We're not going to start again, are we?" Twilight said.

"Don't worry, Twilight. We won't fight." Ollie said.

"Hahah. I've never seen something hilarious like that in all my life. I like you, guys. Name's Rainbow Dash. The fastest flier in all of equestria." The cyan pegasus introduced herself.

Then an orange hoof shook Ollie's hoof violently. "Well, howdy-doo, Mister Hardy, a pleasure makin' your acquaintance. I'm Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like making new friends."

"Also a pleasure to meet you." Ollie said while doing his best to not cring from the strength of Applejack's hoof until she let loose. His hoof aching.

"A pleasure to meet you and your friend, Mister Laurel. I'm Rarity. I'm a fashion designer. If you need a new dress or something, just come to the Carousel Boutique." Rarity extended her hoof.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Rarity." Stanley said and kissed Rarity's hoof.

"Oh, we have a gentlecolt in our midst." Rarity felt flattered.

"Also a pleasure to meet you, Miss Rarity." Ollie said and kissed her hoof as well.

"Well, make that two." Rarity said

Then Ollie went to the yellow pegasus.

"And who are you, my dear?" Ollie spoke to her.

"I'm...I'm Fluttershy." the pegasus spoke quietly.

"Fluttershy. That's a beautiful name. But why do you talk so quiet? Are you ill?" Ollie asked.

"No. She's just shy about meeting other ponies." Twilight said.

"It's okay, Miss Fluttershy. We won't hurt you." Ollie said, trying to comfort her.

With that, Fluttershy felt a bit more comfortable.

"Hello, everypony." Pinkie said coming out of nowhere.

"And you've already met Pinkie Pie." Twilight said.

"We never expected something like this. I don't know what to say." Ollie said.

"Stan and Ollie are also looking for a job. They don't have any money at the moment." Twilight said.

"Y'all can come to me if you want to. I could use some help with applebucking. It pays well." Applejack offered.

"You can also come to me." Rarity said.

"Or me at Sugarcube Corner." Pinkie said.

"Or me helping with the animals if you like too." Fluttershy said.

"Well, we can try all of them to see what's best. We can start with Applejack." Stan suggested.

"Alright, that's fine with me." Applejack said.

"So we really are friends of each other?" Ollie asked.

"Of course, we are. Group hug!" Pinkie said and the Mane Six, Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders all hugged Stan and Ollie and they hugged them back.

"Alright, everypony! Let's paaaaartaaaaay!" with Pinkie saying that everypony cheered.

"I've got a number that we could dance to." Stanley said and brought out a music plate. Ollie jumped by that.

"Where did you get that?" Ollie asked.

"I always keep it with me." Stanley said.

"It's your party, so let's do this." Pinkie said. She grabbed the plate and placed it on the gramophone.

The song began to play. The ponies heard it, but it was totally new to them. But then they began to get the groove. The first one who began to feel it, was a grayish pegasus pony with a yellow mane and wall eyes. The rest followed and partied like they've never partied before.

"Ooh, now this is my jam." Pinkie said.

"I've never heard a song like that before, but I like it." Twilight said.

All the ponies, Spike, Stan and Ollie were dancing like they've never danced before.

"Now this is my kind of party." Ollie said.

"It surtenly is, Ollie." Stanley said.

"And best of all, we've made some friends who are not from our world. The professor would be proud of us." Ollie said.

"Maybe we should stay." Stanley said.

"We'll think about it. Now if you'll excuse me I'll ask Twilight or one of the other mares if she wants to dance." Ollie said.

Everypony kept dancing: Twilight doing her silly dance from 'Sweet and Elite', Spike doing his dance from 'Party of One'. And they all gathered to make a train. Seems like Ollie and Stan are having the time of their life.

Author's Note:

I thought the end song of this chapter would be a great song to start a party. And I also wanted to play this song as a tribute to Maurice White, founder of Earth, Wind and Fire, who sadly passed away this month by the effects of Parkinson disease.

RIP Maurice White 1941-2016
:ajsleepy::fluttercry: