• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 3,355 Views, 170 Comments

Journal of an Alicorn Clone - Tired Old Man



A silly clone of Princess Celestia writes about her not-so-ordinary life.

  • ...
5
 170
 3,355

The First Slice of Life Is Definitely the Tastiest!

Dear... Journal?

Celestia said I should start keeping… whatever a journal is supposed to be. She made it sound pretty fun at first--I get to write whatever I want, whenever I want, and all I had to do was write it in a book! It... uh, really doesn't sound all that fun when I say it out loud like that, especially when she said that it was just me writing about my life experiences.

But then she posed it as a challenge. I needed to make some life experiences in order for me to write about them, of course! And my first challenge? Find a book to write in! YES! I was BORN ready for this, like, six hours ago!

Except I didn't know where to start. Luckily, she gave me a clue. I needed to find a place with a bunch of books that wasn't a bedroom; some place called a 'library', and it wasn't outside the castle. She made it sound very big, so it should have been easy to find!

It took me about an hour, but I finally found it! The library! I had never seen so many books in my life! Probably because this was the only library I'd ever seen!

But all the books I found in there already had things written in them! I didn’t see any blank book! Was I supposed to write in the space that’s left where there aren’t words?!

I hope that’s what she meant, because that’s what I’m doing right now! A bunch of these books don’t have a lot of room for writing though, but I found some that didn’t have a lot of words! They’re kind of like… what did she call those books with a bunch of pictures… Aha! Photo albums!

Except they’re not really photo albums. Photo albums don’t talk, but the ponies in these pictures talk with these funny white bubbles that come from their mouth. That doesn’t happen when I talk though, and this quill Celestia lent me doesn’t draw the bubbles either. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to think about the bubbles first before saying anything? What if I think about them right now while talking?

...Nope, that doesn’t work. Darn, that would have been cool! ...I think. I don’t know what “cool” means either, but it sounds right! And I think that matters a lot!

Anyway, I guess this will have to do until I find a book with no words in it! And if I can’t, then these other talking picture books I found will have to do! They hid behind the tall bookshelves in the corner, and they’re inside this thin clear bag-thing I can’t open with my hooves. It kind of seems like somepony really didn’t want them to be found.

But if they were that hard to find, I bet nopony’s written in them either! I’ll get past that bag somehow, and then I’ll have more paper to write on! Now, how to get it open… Maybe if I use my teeth, I can--Oh! Hi Celestia! Can you open this bag for me? I need more books to write in!