• Published 31st Dec 2015
  • 774 Views, 2 Comments

A Gift From A Friend - DecentNighTime



A Life Lesson conversation that took place in Cutie Mark Chronicles.

  • ...
4
 2
 774

Chapter 1

The wind is blowing on her short blond mane. The red band attached at the end of tail bouncing up and down.The short hooves running as fast as they can take. The enthusiasm in her eyes that never been shown. Applejack nevermore been happier to be back on her farm. Granny smith and Big Macintosh standing at the gate waiting for Applejack run to them. Granny smith opened her front two hooves to give her young grandchild a warm hug.

“Oh Applejack, you came back” Said Granny Smith with tears streaming down. Applejack looked up at Granny's face, the ambition to leave the farm was a huge regret at that moment for Applejack.

“Ah’m so sorry, Granny smith” Applejack pushed herself away from Granny so she can see Big Mac as well. “Ah shouldn’t go to aunt and uncle orange for a new life style.” Applejack turned her head to Big Mac then continued her speech. “Home is not a place, but a feeling. Ah will not leave this barn ever again.”

Just then a shine came from Applejack's flank. The three apple symbol appears.
“Granny, ah got mah cutie mark!”

Big mac and Granny smith went for one more group hug then let go. Applejack noticed Big mac’s eyes sparkled and little tear appeared.

“You’re crying, big brother?”

Big mac quickly began to shake of his tears off. “No.”
“Ah maybe made a mistake, but Ah can reckon tears, big brother”

“Ah said ah ain’t crying. Stop the fuss” barked Big Mac

“Me, stopping the fuss? You were the one with the whining”

“Are not”

“Are too” jested Applejack.

Granny stood in between Applejack and Big Macintosh, each of them giving frowns looks.
“Listens youngster, a fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or win through who-can-eat-the-fastest contest, as a true farmer.” said Granny smith.

Applejack immediately spoke “Bet ah can beat you on that”

“Naha”

“yaa” teased Applejack.

Big Mac and Applejack ran back to the barn, continued their argument inside, left Granny behind at the front gate. Smiling, Granny looked at the sky, the sun above the horizon, its rays of light glimmering in across the yard and clouds near it moving slowly. “Better get that pie ready.”said Granny for herself, softly.

* * *

The bell from the barn was heard from distant. “APPLEJACK!” yelled Granny. “BIG MAC, TIME TO COME INSIDE”
Applejack heard the bell, quickly she collected the apples from the ground and throw it into the bucket. She lifted the filled basket on her back and began to wobble back. At sight, Applejack caught a blue spot at her periphery. Wonder what that can be? Thought Applejack. She dropped the basket and ran for the blue spot.
The spot appeared more to be a filly on the ground. The sky blue coated pony with rough rainbow mane seemed to be in a rouse state. Applejack’s came near the pony and her shadow covered the filly entirely, which woke the filly up.

“aaugh” moaned the filly. she lifted her eye cover barely half way. Applejack notice that the filly have moderate cerise eye color.

“You okay?” asked Applejack concerned.

“Where am I?” the filly got back on her hoof and stretched her back. She looked around then at Applejack. “Who are you?”

“Ah'm Applejack, ah saw you laying on the road, like a dead tree, so ah thought you might need some help”

“Well I am fine, beside what can you do to help me?” snapped the filly
“Hey, what’s with the attitude?”

“What’s with y--” the filly arched her wing in agony. the filly moaned then repeated “ow” multiple times.

Applejack couldn't stand to watch the pony. “let me take a look on the wing”

The filly almost refused the offer but accepted since her wanted to end the pain. Applejack moved the wing and tentatively placed her hoof on the wing. “Eyup, you might need to stay and rest, you wings might not take it anymore if you fly of. if you want you can stay here to rest.”

“Thanks, Applejack, I landed on the wrong side and guess stretched my wings out on the wrong time.” the filly looked down in sorrow then back at Applejack. “Sorry if I was rude to you earlier, I didn’t know what went through me”

“None taken” replied Applejack and gave a bright smile to the filly

“My name is Rainbow dash”

“Nice to meet you, Rainbow” Applejack lend a hoof out.

“You too, apples” Rainbow shaked the hoof.
The fillies walked back to pick up the spilled apples that Applejack had dropped earlier. Rainbow dash talked about her home on Cloudsdale and how much she loved to race. She mention multiple time her ambition in life is to become a Wonderbolts member and she need practice. Applejack shared similar stories and shared some jokes about her pranks on Big Macintosh. Both fillies had a laughs and smiles that been shared all the way to the barn. At the front gate, Applejack's smile faded and faced her head down. Rainbow realized the misery.

“What the matter, Applejack?”

Applejack sighed. “I left earlier to live a new life style. Then came back” Rainbow dash did not have much to say about that. She remained silent. “ah thought ah might be happy. To see around and to get away.”

“Away from what?” Rainbow knew she had to ask that. However, Applejack took the turn to remain silent. Rainbow went on with her curiosity. “What’s wrong with living here? I mean in a farm. Applejack you have a the nicest family here. why would you to want get away?”

“It's my parents, they are in the hospital”

Rainbow dash approached in front of Applejack. “You don’t mean they are. . .”

“Of course not, you peach brain, they havin’ another baby” Applejack poked Rainbow dash on her forehead.
Rainbow dash’s marvel quickly came to an end when she knew what was going on. “You didn’t want to feel left out so you left.”

Applejack blinked twice then glared at Rainbow dash. Tears began to block Applejack’s sight while heavily inhaled and exhaled her breathing. “Is it that obvious?” Applejack’s voice cracked.

Tears streaming down on each cheek. Applejack fall to the ground and began to quiver. Rainbow dash looked around embarrassed, she didn’t know what to do. Should I put my hoof on her head or something? The sobbing continued and Rainbow dash gently as she could patted Applejack on the head.

“So so, now. . .can. . . you stop crying?” asked Rainbow dash, she let a cocky smile to set her friends more comfortable.

Applejack looked up at her friend. “S-sorry”

Still breathing uncontrollable, Applejack continued what she wanted to say for a long time. “Ah was so scared that mah p-parents will forget me. or leave me out of the picture. W-when they announced that they are havin’ a new baby. Ah hated the thoughts of leavin’ but ah thought that would be the best for them.”

“That’s ridiculous.” Once more Rainbow snapped at Applejack. This time Applejack lingered the silent.

“What the hay do you mean?”

“I mean your parents will never forget you. You’re their first daughter. I know this brings on more responsibility to be a big sister and all, but that is what you need.”

Applejack is more confused than ever. “Huh?”

“Think about it, you and you’re --”

“Sister”

“Right, sister can come up hundreds of fun stuff you guys can do. like playing with each other, taking care of one and another. Sometimes being a big sister is better than being a superhero.”

Applejack wiped her tears. “Thanks, Rainbow, ah needed that. and the cry. Ah held that for so long that ah didn’t even remembering keepin’ it”

Rainbow dash moved closer to Applejack and embraced her.
Still embracing, Applejack asked. “Hey, Rainbow did you have siblings?”

“No, but I always wanted to”
The sun was below the horizon, the stars began so show and the moon arise from the west. The fillies broke the hug and looked each other in the eye, they knew what is going to happen next.

“I guess it’s time to say goodbye” Rainbow dash’s voice cracked when she said this.

“Goodbye, till next time, Rainbow” smiled Applejack then gave her friend one more hug.

Author's Note:

A cute reminder from the past. For once Applejack parents is not dead, for now, but had to adjust getting a new sister, Applebloom. Hoped y’all enjoyed it. :ajsmug: :rainbowderp:

Comments ( 2 )

Not exactly a bad little story, but you seriously need an editor. All of the blatant errors which should have been picked up by most word processing applications were pretty jarring.
I think that to many avid readers such as myself, flaws like the ones here are akin to running headlong into a mental brick wall.

Don't stop trying, practice makes perfect.

6786208 thanks for being honest! Really. I just don't know how to get an editor, tho

Login or register to comment