• Published 8th Jan 2016
  • 3,721 Views, 41 Comments

Maud's Boulder Holder - Phaoray



Maud needs someone to watch Boulder while she's away. Can Trixie handle the responsibility of pet sitting?

  • ...
0
 41
 3,721

The Great and Powerful Pet Sitter.

"So sorry, Darling. But, how can I put this delicately? My own pet barely tolerates me, so perhaps you should ask someone else?"

"Is this sum kin'a joke? Did Rainbow put ya up ta this? No? Well, jes put em in a field somewhere, Ah'm sure he'll still be there when y'all come back."

"O-oh, um, um, I'd love to take care of him...i-it is a him, yes? Oh, g-good. B-but, I-I'm pet sitting already this w-weekend, and he might get, um, c-chewed on. S-so-"

"Maud? Oh, right, you give the tours at the history museum. No, I don't go to school here, just y'know, having a look. But really, how can a rock be a pet? I can prove to you that he isn't alive, and doesn't need to be watched! Just give 'him' to me for one moment. Okay, simple experiment. Animals react in some manner if you throw them. Ergo, if he doesn't react to being thrown, he is not alive. Now, I'm just going to skip him over this water, and-"

"Seriously? Fine, I've been asked weirder things by your sister. Hand em over." Dash held a hand out to Maud. After giving a slow blink, Maud took off her backpack and took a small bag out of it. Rainbow looked to the bag confusedly.

"What's that?"

"It's for Boulder."

She placed Boulder in Rainbow's hand, along with two pages of paper.

"And what's this?"

Maud looked at Dash, expressionless as an iceberg. "It's paper."

Dash glowered. "And what's written on it?"

"Instructions."

"Grr...instructions for what!?"

"Boulder."

"Ya know what? Forget it, let's just-" Dash read over the first few sentences of the page. "Umm, Maud?"

Maud continued to stare at her.

"Why am I feeding a rock?"

"He's not a rock. He's Boulder."

"Why am I feeding Boulder?"

"If you don't feed him, he'll run away."

Rainbow stared at Maud for a moment, hoping for a punchline that never came.

"Okay, I'm out."


Later in the Cafeteria

"Hey, Maud!"

"Hey, Pinkie."

"Aww..." Pinkie sat down next to Maud, the food on her tray dangerously swaying side to side as it was unceremoniously dropped on the table. "You sound sad. What's wrong, did someone break open a geode in front of you again?"

Maud's forehead wrinkled the tiniest amount at the memory. "Its insides were everywhere..."

Maud took Boulder out of her pocket.

"Ooohh...you still haven't found anyone to take care of him while we're on vacation yet? Did you ask the girls like I said?"

She nodded.

"hmmm..." Pinkie pondered, scratching her head a little. "What about that other Twilight? If she is as nice as the pony one she might be willing to help. I heard she was spotted sleeping by the pool. Though someone else let me know on my way over that she was sporting a mean looking black eye, so she's probably at the nurse's if you wanna go ask her."

"She provoked Boulder."

"Really? Well, what about Sunset?"

"Boulder doesn't trust her."

Pinkie began inhaling her food. Gravy and bits of potato flew around her, though none of the accidental missiles landed on Maud. "How come?"

"Boulder attacked her before."

Slllluuurrrrp! "Ah, that incident. Gotcha. Weeeellll, this doesn't leave many options, Chomp! Maud. You're gonna have to resort to some extreme measures!" Pinkie gave Maud her signature grin.

"But I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"She'll be weird about it."

Pinkie licked her lips in satisfaction, her tray, and the area around her, decimated. "I did say you shouldn't wait till the last minute to find someone, Maud. You really need to work on making more friends."

"...I have friends.."

"Aww, Maud." Pinkie started, giving her sister a tight squeeze. "I told ya, I'm your sister. We're something different from friends. We're, we're, umm...Fristers! Yeah, so you need to make friends still!"

"...I have friends..."

"Who?"

Maud pointed over to the girl in question.

"Right, but you don't want to ask her."

"Cause she'll be weird about it."

Pinkie nodded, her curls bouncing around due to the force. "No problem, Maud! I'll help out like a good Frister should! Hey!" Pinkie started waving her hands erratically while yelling, trying to get the girl's attention.

"Trixie! Hey! You! No, not you! You're not Trixie! You're Principal Celestia!"

Celestia face palmed before putting a finger to her lips and signaling to Pinkie.

"Oh! Thanks, Principal Celestia! That's a great idea! Hey, Trixie!" Pinkie brought two fingers up to her lips and whistled loudly for her.

Looking over, Maud saw Trixie hiding her face in her hands and several people sitting next to her snickering.

Pinkie sat back down, sighing dejectedly.

"I don't think she noticed me yet. I'll try again when she's not busy looking at her hands."

"...Pinkie..?"

"Yes, Maud?"

"...Is this what Frister's do?"

"Definitely!"

"...Let's just be sisters then..."

"Awwww..."


Behind the school right before third period.

"You owe me for that."

"But, Pinkie-"

"No Buts!" Trixie waggled a finger in front of Maud's face. "You are supposed to keep her from embarrassing Trixie, remember? I'm going to have to work even harder these next few days to prove to everyone that Trixie is not some dog you can just call for on command."

"I don't think anyone-"

"Besides," Trixie interrupted. "if you don't owe Trixie, then Pinkie does." She smirked before giving Maud a smoldering look. "You wouldn't want me asking Pinkie to pay me back like I ask you to, right?"

Maud looked away briefly, and then back to Trixie, before blinking once.

"I thought so. Oh, don't act so pouty, Maud. You know Trixie would never do that, right?" She furiously batted her eyelashes at Maud.

"...So...about Boulder..."

Trixie rolled her eyes. "Right, right. Trixie is more than happy to put you further in her debt. She'll watch the little guy while you are away."

Maud looked away again, her left foot quietly starting to rub against a rock underneath it.

"What?" Trixie demanded with a small scowl. "You don't think I can handle taking care of Boulder? I'll have you know that Trixie is one of the greatest pet sitters at Canterlot High School! She uses animals in her acts all the time!"

"Fluttershy-"

"Trixie said one of the greatest pet sitters! There are others who lower themselves to spending all their time on nothing but pets, but, Trixie's ambitions are far greater!" Trixie held a fist up in the air triumphantly, clicking on a small mini fan hidden behind her to make her cloak flutter a little.

Maud tilted her head to the side, silently looking Trixie over with a muted face. "You weren't wearing that at lunch..."

Trixie took her hand down and switched the fan off, giving her hat a little tap before answering Maud. "What? I like to dress up for you. You don't like it?" Trixie bit her lip, trying to look cute.

"I didn't say-"

"Then it's settled!" Trixie declared, slapping her hands together before holding one out in earnest. "Now, hand Boulder over. Trixie promises he won't have a single chip missing when you come back."

Maud raised an eyebrow slightly.

Trixie sighed. "Right, sorry. I promise that Boulder will be in one piece when you come back. Is that better?"

Maud stared at Trixie's hand for close to a half minute, causing Trixie's enthusiastic smile to slip down to a subtle grin. Finally, Maud took Boulder out of her pocket and placed him in Trixie's hand.

Trixie quickly placed Boulder to her lips, giving him a small kiss before softly tossing him into the air and twirling around. Boulder fell into the front of her dark blue hoodie and quickly out the bottom of it, where he was quickly tossed back into the air again and fell back down into one of the nearly invisible pockets of her skirt. Finally, she gave Maud a bow and held it, waiting for a reaction from her audience.

Maud blinked. "You'll make him dizzy if you do that."

She gave a muffled groan before bringing her head back up. "He'll be fine, Maud. You act like you don't trust me or something."

Maud's head shook a half an inch back and forth once. "I didn't-"

"It's fine, Trixie knows. Now, what is all that?" Trixie pointed to a small bag and a few papers in Maud's hands.

"It's for Boulder..."

"Fair enough, give it here." Trixie took the papers and small bag, placing them inside her bookbag just as the school bell rung.

"Hmph, Trixie is going to be late for class now. That's another you owe me. So, since we are both late already..." Trixie quickly invaded Maud's personal space, their bodies separated from one another by no more than an inch or two. Slowly, Trixie tilted her head and closed her eyes, her lips puckering up as she leaned towards Maud.

"..."

Trixie made kissing noises.

"..."

Opening her eyes, Trixie caught the sight of Maud's blue frock just as she disappeared behind the school building. She gave a small giggle and picked up her bookbag.

"It's adorable how shy Maudie is in public."

Hmm...what should Trixie use her favors on? Perhaps Trixie can collect on that kiss at the mall? Might be too public, I don't want Maud to turn to stone on me again...

She continued to ponder as she walked back into the school.


Later that day found Trixie hanging out on her bed in her room. While not the most spacious place in the house, Trixie's parents would complain if she stripped down to her underwear and lounged anywhere else. It was just so freeing after coming home from school, like shedding all the stress from her body. They hadn't minded at all when she was younger, but, once two mounds of flesh grew on her chest, they turned into complete prudes about it. Absentmindedly, she poked at Boulder with her finger while talking to Maud on her phone.

"How long are you going to be gone?"

"...A week..."

"Aww, Trixie's going to miss you."

"..."

"...Is Pinkie in your room?"

"...Lime...she's glaring."

"Hmph, she'll just have to get over it, it's not Trixie's fault she's repressed. By the way, Trixie has some...questions about this list."

"..."

Trixie took the list off of the wooden tray table she kept by her bed. "The first part is easy enough, Trixie will keep Boulder on her all the time unless she is asleep."

"...Don't wash him."

"Trixie wasn't planning to, unless he gets dirty."

"You wash a lot of things."

Trixie blushed and glared at the phone. "Once! Only once did Trixie forget her phone in her pocket!"

"..."

She groaned. "Okay, maybe she also washed her wand by mistake. And her smoke bombs. To be fair though, the look on mom's face was funny."

"..."

Sigh."I will make sure Boulder is out of my clothing before I wash anything."

"Thank you."

"You are always welcome, Maudie. You should really take advantage of such a rare privilege. Maybe to sneak into Trixie's room one night, perhaps?"

"..."

"Now that that is settled, on to the next part of this rather extensive list. Whole grain crackers once a day? Trixie's never seen Boulder 'eat'."

"...He doesn't have a mouth."

"...Trixie knows that, Maud. So what's the point of feeding him?"

"You know how you don't like tofu?"

"Right, it just tastes hollow compared to real meat. Trixie still says it's because tofu has no essence to it."

"But you don't have that problem with crackers, right?

"No, but why would that-"

"-Boulder eats the cracker's essence..."

"..."

"...'

"..."

"...It's a rock thing."

"Maud...why should Trixie waste good crackers on Boulder?"

"Why do people waste good castles on fish? It doesn't rain in a fishbowl."

"Cause it's cute? Fish deserve to have underwater castles."

"And Boulder deserves to eat..."

That...almost made sense to me. I've really gotten too used to Pie family logic.

"Fine, Trixie will spend precious crackers on him. But only for you, Maud."

"..."

"Lime's still glaring, isn't she?"

"Get off the phone with that weirdo already! We're leaving in an hour!"

"...I gotta go..."

"Fine, love you!"

"..."

"Grrr! Give me that! Trixie! Quit making Maud blush, you exhibitionist freak!"

"Love you too, Lime."

CLICK!


Crreeeeeeeeeeak!

Trixie groaned, blearily opening her eyes. "H-huh? Whoz'at? Mom?"

Fumbling for a moment, Trixie found her light switch, turning it on only after she closed her eyes. A little less then a minute later, she slowly reopened them and looked around, only finding her door slightly ajar for some reason.

"Gah. Mom must have checked in while I was asleep. Would be nice if she stopped leaving the door open on her way out. She knows it creaks." She grumbled, slipping her feet over the side of the bed and into her plateau slippers. After wiping some of the sleep from her eyes, Trixie proceeded over to the door. On the way there, she gave her tray table a brief glance.

Boulder wasn't there.

"Huh?" She looked over the table, but the only thing on it was the bag of supplies Maud had given her for Boulder.

I could have sworn I left him there last night.

Knowing she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep before solving this mystery, Trixie stepped out of her room, and headed for the kitchen. Looking around, Trixie didn't find anything out of place, rock-like or other. The living room, however, gave her pause.

Trixie looked the couch over in confusion. There was Boulder, next to a small mound of crackers. Trixie remembered laying here, watching a movie earlier tonight, and eating crackers. Maybe she hadn't cleaned up again?

As for Boulder, well, he was in her pocket all day, it was likely that he slipped out of Trixie's pajama pocket when she got up and went to bed.

...Right?

With some trepidation, Trixie cleaned up the couch, placing the box of crackers away before picking up the ones scattered around the couch. Was it just her, or did the crackers seem...lighter than normal?

Yeah, Trixie really is tired if she is thinking about what Maud said about crackers and their essence.

Still...

Trixie had a cracker halfway to her mouth before realizing it. With a nervous chuckle, she tossed them in the garbage and brought Boulder upstairs.


Two Days Later

Trixie sat down on the couch in her family's living room, groaning tiredly.

"Gah, what a dull week! It's all due to that stupid rock head being away. Bah, Trixie is fine without her. Still, what should I fill this weekend with? Definitely staying in tonight. Maybe I should ask the others about going to the mall tomorrow? Perhaps that old shop on the corner has something new Trixie could use to impress everyone with on Monday."

Continuing to mutter, Trixie slinked her shirt over her head and tossed it on the floor, making herself comfortable while turning the T.V. on. Her parents were out till later today, so she didn't need to worry about them complaining to her at her state of undress again. As Trixie flicked through the channels, trying to figure out what to watch, she mused about Maud's crazy list for Boulder.

Sure, carrying him around with Trixie? That was fine, it's like keeping a little piece of Maudie with me anyways.

She grinned, while she hadn't done it every night, she had kissed Boulder goodnight in proxy of Maud a few times.

But, wasting crackers? Wrapping him up in the blanket and watching those weird shows with him? Sorry Maud, but Trixie is only willing to put up with that when you're around.

Moving around a bit more and snuggling underneath the blanket, Trixie inched her way out of her pants and, when she was down to her skivvies, tossed everything else on the floor and got comfortable.

And playing with him? How do you play with a rock? Maudie has such a strange imagination.

She sighed, day dreaming a bit about Maud as her eyelids began to feel heavy. Her arm dropped the remote as she lazily looked at the screen for another few minutes.

Meh, i'll just nap for a little. A wonder such as Trixie needs her beauty sleep.


No no no no no!

Trixie threw open the last drawer of her dresser, frantically throwing clothes across her room, despite knowing how pointless it was.

She had lost Boulder.

After waking up from her nap, Trixie had lazily made her way up to her room, and looked at random videos on her laptop before going back to sleep. In the morning, she had reached over to the tray table where she normally placed boulder only to find it empty.

She hadn't panicked right away, but, after checking the kitchen, the couch, and her backpack, Trixie quickly proceeded to freak out and tear the rest of the house apart. Luckily, her parents had headed out for the weekend to visit some friends, letting her trash the house in peace as she searched.

Trixie wasn't dumb, she knew to search through her clothes from the day before. But, after finding them folded by the dryer, there was still no sign of Boulder.

Okay, calm down! There has to be a good explanation for this! Rocks don't run away if you don't feed them!

She pondered over the last place she had seen Boulder.

Science class! Trixie had grown bored, and took Boulder out to poke at with a pencil. After class, Trixie had made her way to her locker. Maybe she had accidentally left him at school? She didn't leave him on that desk in Science... right?

After grabbing her keys and stuffing a piece of bread in her mouth, Trixie ran out the door. There were no buses for her to take there today, so she would have to make her own way to the school, and find a way in.

"Trixie's coming, Boulder!"

Ya better believe, I got Tricks up my sleeve.

Trixie took her phone out of her pocket while she walked, wondering who could be calling her.

Maud.

Click!

Trixie walked faster.

Ya better believe, I got Tricks up-

Click!

P-perhaps I should jog there, just for the exercise.

Ya better believe-

Click!

Ya better belie-

Click!

Ya better-

Click! Click! Click! CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK-


"She's going to kill Trixie..."

Apparently, some students wasted their time on clubs during the weekend instead of enjoying it. While Trixie couldn't fathom why, it meant she had an easier time getting into the school than she first thought she would. But, after tearing apart her locker, and searching the entire Science room, Boulder was still nowhere to be found.

Ragged and still trying to catch her breath from all the searching and running, Trixie stumbled out of the school, making her way to the field behind it.

Maybe someone found him and put him outside? Maud's not going to trust Trixie with anything again after this!

She whimpered a little, aimlessly searching around the ground.

"Trixie?"

She looked up to see Rainbow Dash in her soccer outfit.

"What the heck are you doing out here?" Rainbow walked over to her. "Huh, wow, you really let yourself go on the weekends, huh?"

Trixie glared. "At least it's obvious when Trixie doesn't mold herself to perfection, unlike some people Trixie knows."

"Pfft, please, this look is natural and awesome from any angle. You and Rarity are just too crazy about make-up to recognize it. Still doesn't answer my first question though."

She sighed. "Have you seen Boulder?"

Dash tilted her head a bit. "Yeah, why?"

Before she knew it, Trixie had both hands on Dash's shoulders and was gripping tight enough to make Dash flinch. Out of the corner of Trixie's eye, she vaguely noted Rarity casually walking towards the field they were in. "What!? Where is he!?"

"Woah! Woah! Hang on, Trix! Last time I saw him was, like, days ago. What the heck is wrong with you!?"

"Trixie was supposed to take care of him, but he ran away last night!"

"He...what?" Rainbow started growing nervous as Trixie's voice took on a higher pitch.

"Trixie hasn't been feeding him, so he ran away! Or...something!"

Dash extracted herself from Trixie's grip, then took a step backwards. Then another, just in case. "Oookay...look, umm...how about I...help look around for him?"

"R-really? Do you need Trixie to describe him for you?"

Rainbow gave her a very forced grin, a bit of sweat dripping down the sides of her face as she took in Trixie's manic expression. "U-umm no, I'm sure I'll know which rock he is when I see him."

Trixie stamped a foot angrily on the ground. "He's not a rock, he's Boulder!"

Sorry, sorry! Look, I'll, I'll call you if I find him." With that, Dash took a few more steps backwards, before starting a quick sprint away.

"Wait!" Trixie called out, watching Dash sprint over to a confused Rarity. "Do you even have Trixie's cell number!?"

"I'll figure something out!" Rainbow grabbed Rarity's hand and began dragging her away from the field.

"R-rainbow dear, what are you-"

"Just run, I'll explain later!"


Stupid, useless Rainbooms.

After searching around for a bit longer, Trixie had given up on the school, and slowly meandered home. Her hopes of seeing Boulder lying in the grass somewhere, or on the sidewalk, were dashed by the time her house came into sight. At this rate, Trixie was truly screwed, She considered trying to replace Boulder, but...

She'd know. Trixie is amazing, but, fooling Maud? Especially about Boulder? Trixie would get a piece of granite with an ounce of pumice attached to the side of it, or worse, insult Maud by replacing him with some dusty rhyolite stone that simply had the right shade she was looking for.

Hang out with a crazed stone lover, and you learn things. Useless things.

"Boulder!" Trixie cried, reaching the back of her house and starting to look through the grass near her mother's bushes in desperation. "You've had your fun, now come back!"

Stupid Boulder, stupid, stupid Trixie!

Trixie started walking over to the small bush in front of her room's window. "I-is this because Trixie didn't take care of you like she said she would? She's sorry! She'll do everything on the list for now on, she swears! Just please let Trixie find you before Maud finds out!"

Clack! Clack!

Startled by the noise of rocks hitting against one another, Trixie slowly approached the bush, getting on her knees and peering under it when she was a yard or two away.

Behind this particular bush was Trixie's little rock garden, containing every stone Maud ever brought her to thank Trixie for one thing or another. And, admittedly, a few that Trixie herself had grudgingly found pretty, in a rock sort of way. Peering under the bush gave Trixie just enough of a view of it. Her eyes widened. She had found Boulder!

And...a squirrel, the most likely cause of all the racket, but that was a footnote compared to finally finding Boulder.

The squirrel eyed Trixie nervously as she tried to shoo it away, her hand slowly moving towards Boulder. "Trixie thanks you for revealing where Boulder's been hiding all this time. Now, if you could just take your fuzzy butt somewhere else?".

The squirrel kept one eye on Trixie as it scampered over to Boulder.

"...Don't you dare."

It placed a paw on top of Boulder.

"Look, the backyard is the only place Trixie can practice her fireworks. It's nothing personal."

He picked Boulder up. Trixie grit her teeth and gave him a glare that she was sure could have turned several igneous rocks back into magma.

Again, Maud's fault.

"Put him down, and we can both walk away, unharmed. You do not want to invoke Trixie's wrath."

The squirrel popped Boulder into its mouth.

Trixie screamed and lunged.


"Get down here, you pathetic coward!"

The scuffle was over before it had begun, with Trixie receiving a few new cuts on her face and a lot of dust on her clothing. Still, she had managed to corner the squirrel up the tree in her yard. Unfortunately, all screaming at it did was make Trixie's throat dry.

"Fine!" She took her phone out. "Trixie really didn't want to do this, but you have forced her hand! Trixie knows people, talented people! People who will hand her your furry head on a silver platter for this!"

Trixie dialed the number and waited. After far too many rings, a slightly nasally male voice answered.

"Animal Control, how may I assist you?"

"Trixie has a problem, a squirrel problem!" She glared up the tree at her fuzzy opponent.

"I see. Is the animal acting strangely, Miss?"

"He stole Trixie''s pet! Is that strange enough!?"

"...A squirrel stole your pet?"

"Yes!"

There was a pregnant pause.

"...A...squirrel...stole your pet..."

"That is what Trixie said! Trixie warned him, but the villain scooped Boulder up into his mouth like the nut hiding monster he is! Normaly, she could handle a demon like this on her own, but it caught her unaware!"

Trixie began gesturing wildly while she continued to speak.

"Trixie bravely fought the beast to a stand still. Knowing he was outmatched, the furry behemoth, rather than face defeat at the hands of the Great and Powerful Trixie, ran up a tree! So...Trixie called you..." she finished lamely.

There was another concernedly long pause.

"...and what kind of pet is Boulder, ma'am?

"Trixie's pet rock. Well, he's not actually her pet, but she's pet sitting him. When will whatever the animal equivalent of a SWAT team arrive?...Hello...? Helllooooo...?"


"H-hello? W-what's wrong? Are they okay?"

"Fluttershy! It's about time!"

"T-Trixie? I-I was told this call was f-from my sister at the hospital..."

"Trixie had to get creative when that twit of a receptionist said you couldn't be interrupted. Do you even have a sister?"

"N-no, b-but, Rainbow sometimes says she is when she calls. She's, well, a little impatient at times."

"Trixie never would have guessed."

"S-so, my p-parents are okay?"

"What? Oh, yeah, turns out both of their appendixes didn't burst simultaneously. It was just some ketchup."

"I-I'm kinda in the middle of a s-surgery."

"So, Trixie has a problem."

"O-one of the hamster's ate a few dozen pennies, and-"

"A problem that requires your immediate assistance."

"I don't really know what they were thinking, leaving an entire roll of-"

"A squirrel barricaded itself up a tree with Boulder, and apparently the over paid Animal Control office is not sending support."

"-I, I mean, who does that? Rolls of coins are not pet toys! B-but-"

"Fluttershy!"

"Ahh!...O-oh, s-sorry."

"While Trixie is sure whatever you were saying is very important, we are here to work on Trixie's problem."

"R-right, l-look, um, um, I-I don't want to be r-rude, but-"

Trixie rolled her eyes while searching through her pockets.

"I-it's just, I-I am at work, a-and the hamster really really-"

Finding what she wanted, Trixie took a lighter out and flicked it on, holding it against the fuse.

"A-and, I'm s-sorry, b-but it wasn't nice at all to lie a-about my-"

Trixie held the phone above her head as she angled the bottle rocket away from the tree. Letting go at the last minute, Trixie watched it shoot up into the sky, and explode with a loud pop. A loud yelp from her phone immediately followed the explosion, and Trixie placed it next to her ear again.

"W-what was that?"

"That? Oh, don't worry about it, Trixie just found a way to get Boulder back on her own. She just needs to work on her aim."

"..."

"..."

"I'll be there in twenty minutes."


Bang! bang! Bang!

Trixie sighed. We have a doorbell. How many times have I told her that by now?

The blankets fell to the floor as Trixie stood, leaving her just in an over sized t-shirt and a pair of grey silk pajamas. She gave a brief stretch before pausing the documentary on Lignite, and then looking over to Boulder. He was resting on top of the couch, a small, grey blanket around him, and a dozen crackers sitting close by. Assured that he was still where she left him, Trixie lazily walked to the front door.

Upon opening the door, Trixie gave out a small noise of excitement, and started grinning.

"Maudie! You're back! How was the trip?"

"...It was good..." She looked to the side, the middle finger on her right hand twitching back and forth a little. "The Crystal caves had more rocks than I expected..." Maud looked back at Trixie.

"Aww, I'm glad to see it was so exciting for you! So..." Trixie smirked, placing a finger lightly on Maud's shoulder and slowly starting to run it up and down her arm. "How about you come in and tell Trixie all about it?"

HONK! HONK! HOOOOONK!

"...I take it that that is Limestone?"

Maud nodded. "We haven't been home yet...but Boulder-"

Trixie interrupted, biting her lip and pouting a little. "Right, right, you came for Boulder, not Trixie."

Maud's eyes widened by an eighth of a centimeter. "No, I-"

Trixie interrupted by putting her finger to Maud's lips. "I'm just teasing you, silly. Wait here and Trixie will-"

"Oh...there you are." Maud leaned over and picked Boulder up from next to Trixie's legs. "...I missed you."

Trixie's hairs stood on end as Maud stood back up, Boulder in hand.

"Thanks for taking care of him, Trixie..." Maud looked away briefly before returning her stare to Trixie's eyes. The slightest hint of a shade of pink was visible on Maud's cheeks as she started leaning towards Trixie.

HOOOOOOONKKK! "What's taking so long!? Let's go already! HOOOONK!

Maud quickly pulled back, and gave Trixie two light pats on the head. "I'll see you later..."

Maud shut the door behind her, a door Trixie quickly banged her head on and slunk down to the ground by. She then proceeded to curl up into a groaning ball of confusion and frustration.

Why does Trixie always get mixed up with the weird ones?

Author's Note:

Just a little, or not so little, one-shot I wanted to try due to a few conversations on the skype group "Chat of the Holy Trixie Warriors" I am part of. Hope you enjoyed it.

Comments ( 41 )

Trixie didn't even get a thank you kiss!

6812950 Lime's kind of a jerk like that.

Haha, nice one shot!

I've grown surprisingly done of Maud and Trixie pairings. I think you did well while expressing Maud's stoicism while still letting us see that Trixie's feelings aren't one way.

I also felt that this portrayal of Trixie was very endearing. She was willing to earnestly watch Boulder even though she didn't see why Maud was so weird about it. She may have slacked some for the sake of the drama of the story, but I was a little surprised by get pretty genuine sincerity. In fact, Trixie's genuine expressions of affection for Maud are really cute. I wish I could read more of them.

Honestly, though, I suppose the nature of the story made it easier to see how Trixie has changed and been influenced by Maud but I also want to see how Maud has changed from her affection for Trixie. I wish I could read more about this cute couple.

I also, maybe surprisingly, found Limestone pretty endearing in a way. Straightforward and probably a little mean, I like to think she still cares for her sister and doesn't particularly dislike Trixie... She just doesn't get her out their relationship. As weird as Trixie thinks the Pie's are, I'm sure they all think she's pretty weird herself.

Anyways, I know this was just a one-shot, but I wanted to express my interest in it anyways. Thank you for the chapter!

Great story.

6815352

I've grown surprisingly done of Maud and Trixie pairings.

Hmm...did you mean 'fond of'? Or are you actually done with them as a pair? I haven't seen many decent stories with the pairing myself, and thought it might be fun to give it a try.

Regardless, I'm glad you liked it. if this story is well liked and people want more, I do have several other one-shots I thought about to continue it when I am in the mood. Two would be before this chapter, and two after it. I have two other projects I need to get working on, but I wanted to try to do a few one-shots this year, and this is the first of them.

I also, maybe surprisingly, found Limestone pretty endearing in a way.

Heh, yeah, the tiny parts with her were fun. I kind of see her in the same way, actually, though it doesn't portray at all in the story.

Thanks for the comments, they help keep me motivated. :pinkiehappy:

6817099

Haha, yes, I meant fond of. I type all my comments out on my phone and the same laziness that keeps me from moving five feet to my computer also keeps me from rereading them after I'm done, so... Autocorrect.

The Trixie x Maud pairing is one that has managed to entice me despite how few good examples there are of it, but something about their chemistry makes me wish I could read more of their interactions. I'd even wholeheartedly accept purely platonic friendship. Maybe it's the idea that Trixie would be looking for expressions of adoration that Maud won't provide... But I also love moments of sincere emotion from Maud despite her stoicism that Trixie would be so proud to see.

I think the best example of Maud x Trixie romance I've seen outside of this overshot is Foudubulbe's comic series on the pairing.

To be fair, though, Trixie is my big, weird love in MLP, so I like reading new facets and opinions of how her character can be more. That said, I'd love to read more one shots like this but I'd also like to read any of your upcoming projects since I've loved everything you've written so far here on FIMFiction.

Maybe we'll also get to understand Lime a little better in the future too? Thanks in advance!

I love this paring and I'm always glad to see more of it! I love it!

She missed a whole class while sleeping by the pool! And she's sporting a mean looking black eye, but I can't get her to tell me why."
"She provoked Boulder."

That might have been a little overboard, Maud.

"Really? Well, what about Sunset?"
"Boulder doesn't trust her."
Pinkie began inhaling her food. Gravy and bits of potato flew around her, though none of the accidental missiles landed on Maud. "How come?"
"Boulder attacked her before."

He doesn't trust Sunset because he attacked her? Boulder sounds like a real jerk. :ajbemused:

Trixie held a fist up in the air triumphantly, clicking on a small mini fan hidden behind her to make her cloak flutter a little.

She's resourceful. As Boulder is technically a resource, I'm not sure if this'll go really good or really bad.

"Grrr! Give me that! Trixie! Quit making Maud blush, you exhibitionist freak!"
"Love you too, Lime."
CLICK!

Awesome. :rainbowlaugh:
I like the thing Trixie and Maud have going here, even if we don't get to see a lot of it.

"That? Oh, don't worry about it, Trixie just found a way to get Boulder back on her own. She just needs to work on her aim."
"..."
"..."
"I'll be there in twenty minutes."

Score two for Trixie. :trixieshiftright:
Score one was with Lime.

This was fun. :pinkiesmile:

6858594
I laughed at that bit with Twilight.

Anybody who decides to test whether or not someone else's pet is alive by throwing them into a lake is pretty much asking for it, anyway. Whether or not Boulder's alive, Maud acts like he is, so imagine if it had been a hamster or something.

GOOD stuff! i am a fan of this pairing and am glad to see a gem like this. or Azurite as the case may be.

Fou

I loved it! :)

6858594

He doesn't trust Sunset because he attacked her? Boulder sounds like a real jerk.

Well, there was circumstances about that incident that will be revealed in coming stories. :pinkiehappy:

Awesome. :rainbowlaugh:

I like the thing Trixie and Maud have going here, even if we don't get to see a lot of it.

Did you mean Trixie and Lime? If so, then yeah, I kinda like it and am hoping to do more interaction between them at some point.

6878450 Fou, the creator of the ultimate Mauxie comic commented! :pinkiegasp:

I-I mean, yeah. :trixieshiftleft: That's kinda cool. :trixieshiftright:

6879445

Did you mean Trixie and Lime? If so, then yeah, I kinda like it and am hoping to do more interaction between them at some point.

Them too, but mostly Trixie being able to bring some actual emotion out of Maud, Maud giving Trixie a soft spot (ironically), and their general interaction makes for a really cute couple! :rainbowkiss:

...If Maud gets what passes for shy around Trixie, at least in public, I'm wondering how Marble reacts.

6879473 Heh, agreed. I was going for there being emotion from Maud on some level, but it hardly showing on screen. So, Lime saying that worked quite well.

Hopefully I can work the evolution of their relationship in well over the course of these. Others commented on the changes that Trixie has done since being with Maud, but this story doesn't really show any changes on Maud's part.

As for Marble...I can only imagine, but, I suppose her just getting into a relationship would be monumental in itself.

If Boulder ever had kids and Trixie had to watch them she probably wouldn't last 3 hours.:rainbowlaugh:

Boulder is a earth Elemental I bet, with all the magic that grown around him he must of come to life.
Well if they take good care of of him he'll grow up to big and strong ....like this.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/castleage/images/7/74/Genesis.png/revision/latest?cb=20100218021226

Maude: ...........................They grow up so fast.

Good stuff :pinkiehappy:

Nearly 30 weeks and two prequels later, and this passage makes much more sense:

"Really? Well, what about Sunset?"
"Boulder doesn't trust her."
Pinkie began inhaling her food. Gravy and bits of potato flew around her, though none of the accidental missiles landed on Maud. "How come?"
"Boulder attacked her before."

I truly hope you continue with this series.
--Spade

6858594

He doesn't trust Sunset because he attacked her? Boulder sounds like a real jerk.

Errr, THANKS! :twilightangry2:
7187137 No, just me! But beware us living rocks, especially the big ones! The Nargun

:pinkiesmile:"Really? Well, what about Sunset?"
"Boulder doesn't trust her."
:pinkiesmile:"How come?"
"Boulder attacked her before."
:pinkiegasp:"Ah, that incident.

What Incident? The plot thickens!!

Celestia face palmed before putting a finger to her lips and signaling to Pinkie.

"Oh! Thanks, Principal Celestia! That's a great idea! Hey, Trixie!" Pinkie brought two fingers up to her lips and whistled loudly for her.

tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mdde2e22ec6ebd75cacee4b8cdf7f738do0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=290&h=164

That...almost made sense to me. I've really gotten too used to Pie family logic.

And now she's one of the damned!:pinkiecrazy:

And...a squirrel, the most likely cause of all the racket

static1.e621.net/data/e4/0f/e40ff51cc1ef3dea8d19a6f0714ba5ca.gif
24.media.tumblr.com/a1fa774e8c4bf2bb74105c9a1e92f3e8/tumblr_mlnqu3iJiu1qmo3obo6_r1_400.gif

Boulder is now best pony. :trixieshiftright:

That was a hilarious story! Boulder eating crackers' essence :D, jeez that was nice. I really liked how Trixie's and Maud's relationship going, Maud being shy, and Trixie being too insistent, I also liked that Trixie is becoming more like Maud. Knowing all the rocks, similes and other stuff. Such a cute pair they are :rainbowkiss:

The stone lives!!!!!!

Will you continue the Trixie adventures?

8679115
yeah, I've just been lethargic on my writing lately. I have plans, I just need to write them out. :twilightsheepish:

8679126
Omg, that's so good to hear, I've been craving for your Trixie a lot, she's like the most Trixiest of Trixie, I based your Trixie on my Trixie :D. In my pathfinder games, this is so amazing. I'm drawing a comic right now, and when I drew the actions Trixie did, it reminded me of your stories. XD I will finish it soon, maybe I will show it to you. But it's good to know you will be back Phaoray :D.

8679210
I originally based my Trixie off of...well..several other writers. The biggest one initially was Yukito, who I still chat with at times. I played a male version of Trixie in a D+D game a few years back, had a chameleon familiar named Leon that was from Yukito's works and everything.

Video games have kept me away more than I care to admit, college has added to it, but if I wasn't gaming so much, I'd be writing. I have some plans to get back into it again soon, just gotta finish getting this last game out of my system and then gonna go cold on them for a bit. :pinkiehappy:

8679789
Wow, I mean :D, a celebrity, my idol is writing to me, favorite author, I'm really excited XD. Sorry, that had to be taken out of my system.

Your D and D adventure seems interesting, you were a wizard, I assume? My Beatrix is a sorceress, and here's the short comic about our party, I'd be honored if you read it. It's silly, really, but I guess you'll recognize your smug and being a bit vulgar Trixie XD. I had a lot of fun drawing it.

What kind of game, if it's not a secret, I've lost my fair share of time by playing Fallout 4, Terraria and Lisa: the Painful, the latter one was quite crazy and really did a trick on me.

8681029
Heh, happy to hear my responses made your day. Sorry about the late reply, more of my lethargy I'm trying to shake off.

I was a sorcerer, Trickster did not need a crutch like a book to cast his mind blowing spells. :trixieshiftright:

I used many illusion spells, creating copies of myself to take hits across the battlefield, put fake walls up to block off terrain, and even made illusionary boxes that trapped people inside of them until they mentally thought they had broken through or the spell expired. Fun times.

It was a good comic, though I did have some trouble figuring out which scene to read or jump to next. It was amusing nonetheless. :pinkiehappy:

Currently I've spent a ton of time in Stellaris, a 4x game. It was both fun, boring, and annoying, but I managed to make a good pony empire under it's Eternal Alicorn monarch Trixie, so once I got some mods in it turned out okay.

I have a few ideas for the continuation of this series, hopefully I can make it a goal to finish this series by the end of this year. if I do the extra stories in my head, I think their is four to go.

8689111
Do I spam a lot? I mean, this commentary section is supposed to be about this story :D. Well to be honest I was rereading it, and it's still pretty awesome and hilarious, I couldn't find any more stories about EqG Trixie, so I am reading these stories and I dare say that your stories are like Golden Times, you know? XD I say golden times, because nowadays I don't see any new stories about EqG Trixie, so golden times it is, such precious times. I wish I could forget about your stories and read them again :d.

Now that the 'comment' section is written I may reply to you. Don't worry about replying late, I'm having problems with internet so I get offline for days and weeks, it's normal.

Sooo, you were a sorcerer too :D, that's awesome. I'm proud my Beatrix is a sorcerer too, though she is now an oracle, kinda like sorcerer but she is cursed and "talks to herself", by talking to herself I mean she is talking with her deity. I explained everything in my newest character development here.

A shame I don't have any illusions spells, I chose spells that can protect me and those that can deal damage. Like "shield" and "magic missiles", but I do have "hypnotism" and "deja vu" spells. Deja Vu is pretty cool, you cast it on somebody, and the target is doing the same thing twice :D. Although, now I'm an Oracle and I will have very different spells, Oracle is like a battle mage, I will have different weapons levitating around me and protecting me. Hmm, you say "fun times", why'd you stop playing? Did you reach 20th level? I'm only 5th and it's already painful enough XD

About comic... How do we read? It's from left to right, am I right? Maybe I'm confused, and accidentaly made it manga-like. Or I dunno XD.

Stellaris, huh? Now I can pass the time in this game :D, thank you very much. An empire you say? That's an interesting game, never heard of it until now, oooh, can't wait to play it. You may have "infected" me with your lethargy :D.

I can't wait to read them, and feel free to ask me to draw anything, I will do it for my favorite author, well that is if my drawings are good enough :D. I feel like they're childish, don't feel bad about saying the truth I don't mind the criticism. Good luck with your stories, though :pinkiehappy:

Thumbs up!

8691245

XD I say golden times, because nowadays I don't see any new stories about EqG Trixie, so golden times it is

I need to look around again, but I have yet to find a long starlight x Trixie fic, despite them being the big item when it comes to Trixie these days. It's all either porn or a quick 5k romance story. :ajsleepy:

huh, being blind in a rpg is always a pain, good she recovered. My Trickster eventually became a follower of Talia, Bronze dragon god of Love. It was a bit random, but that's where the rp took him. :pinkiehappy:

A shame I don't have any illusions spells, I chose spells that can protect me and those that can deal damage. Like "shield" and "magic missiles",

Heh, I think I might have done a total of...100 damage from 1st level to when we ended at 15th? It was all about controlling the battlefield and getting the enemy to attack the wrong targets. I can't imagine how much damage Trickster mitigated for the party.

we got up to 15th level and then decided to end it, play the character's progeny and all that. So the game world and the events are all still in the world, we just aren't those characters anymore.

While it may not be much, you can check out some journal entries Trickster did on this website, it's the main one we use to keep track of characters, levels and everything in the world we play in. The journals are from his perspective, sooo they are a touch exaggerated in his favor.

I can't wait to read them, and feel free to ask me to draw anything, I will do it for my favorite author, well that is if my drawings are good enough :D

I may prod at you later, I am trying to fight off my lethargy and get back to a chapter a month at least, so gonna see what I can do with this month and work on that Mauxie story. Wish me luck! I may prod at you just for someone to talk pony a little, all my other writer friends are not around anymore, so I just have myself for motivation and the surprising amount of likes and follows I've been receiving lately. :pinkiehappy:

8708670
Actually, the startrix ship was, and is a big item, but it seems that it's not really. Yeah, I agree I've only like read only one actually good fanfiction, I'm waiting for more.

Talia god of love you say, huh. Freya is a god of love too, that's funny XD. It's like I don't alternate versions of our dnd worlds.

Oh my goodness, I will read that great and powerful journal right away, looks interesting :D. You guys even have a website, that's amazing.

Well, I will be happy to help whenever the time comes. But, I just want to say that I will be offline for one year after April month. It's because of rules in the country I live, Russia to be exact. And here you have to go and train in an army camp or something for a whole year...

Anyways, good luck with stories. And the likes and lots of love that you get is deserved. Truly, you of all writers are underrated, people should check you out more, in my opinion :D

I liked all five of these stories. Limestone remains the highlight, and I think Quartz Quartet was the best of them. Should we expect more someday, or is that the end of the tale?

8924588
It's not over, I am just poor on writing right now. Everyone I used to edit for or chat to about writing kind of faded away or stopped so not as much driving me lately. Plus college hasn't helped. I hope to look at writing more, but not sure when. :ajsleepy:

This is a very well-written and entertaining series, but is Maud supposed to be so dark and scary? This instalment is only tolerable if we assume that Twilight was about to throw Boulder, but, being a total klutz, accidentally hurled him into her own face. Otherwise, Maud is a violent lunatic who should be sectioned, and the story is Accidental Nightmare Fuel. Is that what you intended?

9142199
This story probably has some...issuey parts to it at this point. First off, it was a random comedy and I figured Twilight about to throw boulder into a pond and Maud punching her was humorous.

Second, this story was the first one made in the Mauxie series, when I was just doing a one shot for the heck of it. It grew into the other stories much later as you can see by the publish dates. :twilightblush:

There is one other major issue...but since noone has mentioned it I'll happily keep that to myself for now. :trixieshiftright:

But really, if someone was about to fling your pet into a pond, I can see getting physical to prevent it. Maud's just odd in her choice of said pet considering what most people consider a pet to be.

9142275
It doesn't help that I read this straight off the back of the others, where Maud is so OP that she can easily dominate not just Sunset Shimmer, but all three of the Dazzlings at once in a physical fight, to the point that they're all terrified of her. That makes the thought of her slugging poor, sweet, nerdy, vulnerable, insecure Sci-Twi and knocking her out cold (over a stupid rock), and then callously leaving her where she lies, even more perturbing than it would otherwise be. YMMV. I'm not really a fan of EG Maud having super strength; not just because she isn't an Earth Pony so there's no real reason for it, but because it gives the impression that she could've easily sorted out the villains in the first two movies, without having to call upon the magic of friendship, if only she could be bothered - she just couldn't be bothered. That reflects rather poorly on both her and Princess Twilight.

I don't want to give the impression that I hated this series, because I didn't! You're a very good writer, good enough to keep me reading the whole lot in one extended sitting, and I liked everything else about it. I especially enjoyed The Flirtatious and Half-Naked Trixie's exhibitionist streak, which felt strangely appropriate for the character!

Will there be another story after this one?

what a tragic tale

10458352
Indeed, I hoped to evoke true suffering with that ending. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment