• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 3,433 Views, 54 Comments

The Mare to Heart - Veridian Phantom



A story involing you (the reader) and Rarity through which you fall in love.

  • ...
8
 54
 3,433

Chapter 6: The Mare to Heart

Dashing through the streets like a bat out of hell, ponies were watching you speed by them as your mane and tail were slicked back from the sheer pressure of the wind, the alleyway seemed easier to find now that you knew where it was.

Ahead of you, you spot a pink mare with a very poofey, curley pink mane and tail, your only guess is it's Pinkie Pie. No pony else in this whole town has the same hair style as her, or is pink for that matter... Coming back to reality you catch up to her much quicker than you thought the distance between you two was.

“Hey Pinkie what are you doing here?”

“Oh hey Thunder, well you told me how you were looking for the road Rarity went by, or rather, the alleyway and I got to thinking, earlier I had a twitchy-twitch that something bad was going to happen so I put two-and-two together and decided to find the alleyway she took and found this biiiiig hole here. Then I tho-” You put a hoof over Pinkie's mouth to silence her from the long rant.

“Well Pinkie if you've guessed right Rarity was kidnapped by Diamond Dogs, this is the only hole available so i'd like to make sure the dogs don't return and cover it up from hearing people talking outside of it, so if you'll excuse me i'm going down there to save Rarity.”

“Do you want me to come with you to help kick some doggy butt?” Pinkie was eager to come, but you had another idea for her.

“Can you gather every one of your friends, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and Fluttershy? Get them to come after me into the hole if at all possible, i'll be going on ahead to make sure Rarity is all right”

“Okie Dokie Lokie!” And with that Pinkie Pie was off to find her friends, she bounces really fast for someone so quirky.

Looking down into the hole you can see it is big enough for a pony to fit in with ease and comfort, good for you considering you're smaller than most anyway... The hole was also dark, but the Diamond Dogs use glow sticks to help them see where they're going, fortunately the glow sticks last a couple of hours so it'd be best to follow the trail that leads right to them.

With a huff and a puff you jumped headfirst into the hole, it curved after about ten feet, so crawling was what you had to do next. After about twenty seconds of crawling you come to this opening that looks like a dome covered in other tunnels, looking around you note that it's quite bright considering that only glowsticks provided light.

To the right of you, there's another glowstick trail which looks like it's big enough to walk through. Instead of walking you full-on bolt it through the path, not long after doing so you see a Guard Diamond Dog with it's back turned to you. Your best option is to sneak up to it, then give it a good whack to the back of the head as to knock it unconscious. You get closer to the guard who is standing perfectly still not moving as if watching something, you creep up and get right behind him before raising both front hooves and slamming them down onto the back of his neck, thus knocking the guard out.

Looking past where the guard was standing, curious as to what had him so mesmerized you see a gigantic dome, easily the size of a baseball field. This is all under Ponyville?! You thought to yourself. Looking inside the dome you spot a stage with tons of lights all around, by the looks of things a concert was going on, at least a good 500 dogs were present before the stage, lights flashing all around, no one was on-stage yet, as it seems it hasn't started yet. Looking onwards from the balcony you're looking from you observe all the dogs at the scene, they look more-or-less weak, unlike real dogs or the guard dog you had just knocked out.

“Alright all you mutts, are you ready to begin!!” An announcer dog came onto the stage with a headset and bellows with the might of a thundercloud. The dogs before the stage go mad with cheers and screams waiting for what was about to come onto the stage, looking behind the announcer you notice a set of instruments. Seriously? A band? You were now interested as to how these creatures ever obtained the smarts to do something like this.

“Aaaaah yeeah~ Bring out. The Diamond Dogs~!” The announcer dog was ecstatic as a group of dogs came onto the stage and the crowd went wild and started screaming at the top of their lungs. Three dogs were what made up this band.

“Hello everymutt, are you ready to rock out?” The main dog screamed, which looked to be the singer, wore a diamond collar just like the other two did. “My name is Rover, with my pals Spot, and Fido.” He paused for a moment, looked back and nodded his head. “And we're The Diamond Dogs!!”

The crowd again was riddled with cheers and whistling coming from the crowd, everything in the room suddenly went insane and extremely loud.

“Today we have a special prize for a random lucky winner of the draw. The lucky of the draw gets a backstage pass with us for the day, and a special animal which can use magic powers to find gems. Bring out the pony!” Rover bellowed, with a smug grin on his face.

Your jaw suddenly dropped, if not for the skin limit, it would've been through to the other side of the earth. Rarity was now on stage in a cage escorted by two guards. You started trembling at the thought of fighting off all those dogs to go and save her, the image of her being used by those animals is what fuelled your rage.

A sudden memory of your father popped into your head, he was at a cafe, the very same cafe where he met your mother with you and your brother. That day he relayed everything that happened as to the day he met her for the first time. He proceeded by telling you both to stand in a certain spot right next to a booth in the restaurant, and he quickly ran outside. He got outside and started yelling so you could here, he said: I was walking along, which was an average day, when I saw her through the window, her beauty mesmerized me, I was just stunned. My father once told me, all you need is life once-in-a-while is twenty seconds of insane courage. So I walked into the restaurant and went right up to her at the booth and stood there like an idiot, motionless, speechless, unable to utter a word. She just simply looked up at me with curious eyes as to what I was about to do. He stopped there and the both of you simply stood there looking at your father with amazement, he came close to the both of you and said Remember this always. A simple twenty seconds of insane courage can change a ponies life forever, abiding by this statement can mean the difference between a happy life, or a sad life. Use it well.

Gathering up the courage you mutter to yourself twenty seconds of insane courage. And with that note you were off just as the band started to play their first song (<-- play it all the way through). You bolted back where you came from and down through another tunnel leading down towards the stage, two guards had spotted you and started charging at you with full force. You lowered your head, flared your nostrils and full out ran towards them, you side-stepped the first one and kicked the back of it's head. The second one swung to catch you but you stopped short of where he thought you would run to, with quick thinking you jumped onto his head and clobbered him a good one, both dogs now unconscious you begin your full out run, adrenaline pumping through your system and your heart racing at the speed of light.

Taking a right you can see through a hole in the path, the band singing their heart out and Rarity scared. With another full bout of anger filling you up, your legs suddenly got fired up, and allowed you to run even faster, Another wave of guards came at you, about a good four of them, the four guards had trapped you in a circle with you in the middle, they all charged at the same time and as they came at you in a full dive-tackle you crouched down close to the earth, charged up your legs and took off into the air leaving behind four dogs that collided with each other and slumped to the ground, with that you were off to the next set of tunnels.

You hear the prattle of a few other guards yelling orders to search and find you. As another wave comes by you, you duck behind a large rock and they run right past, splitting off into different tunnels, quietly coming out from behind the rock you break out into full stride towards the entrance of the stage, the only way you know of is straight through the crowd.

“Almost there, i'm coming Rarity!” You thought out loud to yourself.

You finally reached the entrance to where the audience would've come in. Coming around the corner full speed you bump into the large guard that stood there with a grin on his face, he was easily twice the size of any other dog you've faced. With determination to pass you run up the tunnel with him in full chase, seeing as he's twice the size, he'd need a large tunnel to get through. He ran after you with evil eyes bent on catching you, just as he was about to get you he stopped dead and was stuck in a rather small opening towards the next set of tunnels, heading around through another tunnel you spotted a few feet back you reached the entrance finally, noting that the guard was still stuck in the tunnel and struggling to get free.

You bolt into the crowd, some noticing you while others were completely entranced by the band's awesome song. Majority of the crowd in the back had turned around to glance at the new face that turned up to interrupt their concert, clearly ponies weren't allowed in. With determination to make it through the crowd you flared your nostrils, lowered your head, put on a wicked grin and scraped at the ground. Some of the dogs got scared with your look and moved out of the way, but the rest of them did not want you to pass. Just as you were about to charge in head-first a huge gust of wind whipped by you as if you were in an air tunnel. Rainbow coloured wind? Looking forward you saw Rainbow Dash take out the nearest dog to you, clearly K.O.'ing him for the rest of the concert, behind you Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle walked up right next to you.

“Alright everypony time ta saddle up, and get us here a rodeo going, Yeehaw!” With that Applejack dashed into the crowd knocking over dogs left and right, her impressive strength from apple bucking was paying off, and showing off.

“I brought everypony just like you said Thunder!” Pinkie Pie was jumping up and down in place excitedly. “I also brought my Party Canon!” Your eyes grew wide at the size of that thing.

“How did you get THAT massive thing in here?!” You asked out loud.

“It's Pinkie Pie, we just use that as a reason and ignore it, it's impossible to understand her. Sometimes she even breaks something called the 'fourth wall' whatever that is.” Twilight responded. “Now let's kick some ass.” With that, Twilight brought her head down, lit up her horn and proceeded to shoot laser beams out of it in rapid succession.

Fluttershy even peeped up, although you barely heard her over dogs yelping and the band playing music.

“Go on Thunder, we'll handle the crowd of dogs, don't worry about us, just save Rarity” Fluttershy charged in trembling, she stopped dead at the first dog that looked at her, and Rainbow came through sweeping the dog off the ground and dropping him somewhere far away from her. Rainbow flew up right above you.

“Thunder grab onto me, we're going to make you fly!” Before you could say anything she grabbed your hooves and tossed you like a missile towards the stage.

“AAAAHHHHHH!!” Was all that was heard coming from you at that point, many dogs looked up and watched as you twirled through the air with both front legs and back legs stretched out. Time seemed to move slowly as you flew over the crowd with incredible speed and accuracy.

You proceeded to make a landing by tucking in your hooves and doing a front flip to land it perfectly. The band suddenly stopped playing (<-- stop the music here, or keep playing), watching you dash for the cage, they yelled out.

“Get him, don't let him get her out!” Rover screeched, frightened.

Two guards appeared before the cage and you knocked both of them out with ease, those days in Cloudsdale, practicing manoeuvres is really paying off. With that you found the keys to the cage on one of the knocked out guards, the band put down their instruments and proceeded to run after you.

“Thunder, you came to save me? Where's Fancypants?” She was shocked that her 'boyfriend' didn't even bother to come save her.

“Don't bother with him, I like you Rarity, and I-” she put a hoof over your mouth. And brought you into a hug, she brought her head back and pressed her lips against yours, they were soft, and gentle. The kiss was passionate, time slowed down if even for the moment you kissed, your heart is beating faster than before, your face burned red, and hers flushed a light pink. You stood there not moving, mesmerized by what just happened.

“We should really get going, now.” She said with a smile, she was right too, the band was right behind you.

“You're right, let's go, It's time to Dash away, and leave behind the sound of Thunder!” You yelled. Rarity got onto your back, and distributed her weight accordingly for you to fly. Your wings which you haven't used in years since the flying accident suddenly darted outwards in each direction and flapped down causing you and Rarity to fly in the air. Without thinking and her on your back you flew towards the exit, whistling for everypony else to vacate the area pronto. Flying through the tunnels after years of not flying was a little difficult, but having fast reflexes like Rainbow Dash was a good thing, these tunnels winded for a long time until you came out the same way you went in, up and up you went out of the hole, everypony else following behind you lagging a bit behind because Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had to carry Applejack and Pinkie Pie, while Twilight just teleported out. You flew high into the sky above Ponyville and floated there for a few second before slowly coming down for a landing just before the others.

Letting Rarity off you could feel her heart pumping as quick as yours, the adrenaline you felt finally wore off and you felt tired, you started wobbling side to side just as Rarity caught you. You looked up into her beautiful turquoise eyes, she held you there perfectly still as you were drained of energy, or even the will to stand.

“Thunder Dash you were simply amazing, I can't possibly thank you enough, and to be honest, I like you too, I just couldn't think straight, i'm sorry for deceiving you, it must have been hard for you, seeing me with him.” Rarity was on the verge of tears for having caused you so much trouble.

Seeing her cry broke your heart, so you put your hoof up to her cheek, wiping away a small tear, and you raised your heard to give her a small peck on the other cheek.

“It's okay Rarity, i'm not worried about that, i'm just glad your safe.” Thanking your dad in your head for his wise words and teachings, you watch her smile and give you an even bigger hug than before.

The other five were watching the both of you going "awww", and quiet "yays" came out of somepony as well. The others dispersed and went back to their homes, it was getting quite late after-all and they wanted to give the both of you some privacy. Rarity and you sat there on the street in each others arms for a while, completely at peace, feeling her heartbeat next to yours was peaceful.

“Rarity, I'll be the pillar that supports you, if you'll be the platform that holds my love.” She doesn't move, you could feel tears rolling down your shoulder from her face, but you knew they weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of happiness.

“I'll be your platform, Thunder Dash.”

Comments ( 10 )

So his a pegacorn?

977823

where was he a unicorn at? i don't recall writing him using magic.

furthermore he's my OC, no horn whatsoever. wings only.

also too, the term is alicorn

979519 in chapter 1 it sez his forte was healing magic. and i dunno if its true or not but i asumed pegacorns were just a highbreed of unicorns and pegasi where as with alicorns they were a bit of all three types, lived for thousands of years, had so much power they could move celestial bodys and had manes and tails made out of magic or whatever like the princess sisters. I thought ppl used pegacorns so that they can have an OC that can fly and do magic without having to explain where this forth alicorn came from and isn't related to the royal family without doing the "I'm actually a human and i just woke up like this" bit.

wowowow that a lot of info i did not know :rainbowderp:
man i need to know my mystical animals :facehoof:

979821

:facehoof: i knew this would happen, so then yes. He's a pegacorn. i dun goofed. ah well, pegacorn sounds cool. Your explanation seems to make a lot of sense so it must be true :\

982773 I'm sorry if i sounded trollish or powernerd ish I was just a bit confused on what he was and alicorns always confuse the crud out of me when i think about them(all three of the cannon ones being princecsses with no king or queen and two of them having the power to move celestial bodys but when someone like discord pop up celestias like "I could so help yous girls with this but cake makes a better argument")

982960

it's okay, yeah i always found that weird, how're they princesses not queens? also too, if they're all powerful, why can't they beat discord or chrysalis with ease?

WE BOUGHT A ZOO REFERENCE! My last comment on your last chapter, saying it was the best chapter. I lied. THIS, is the best chapter. Well done , bravo! You deserve more than 15 minutes of fame!

1040590

YES YES YES SOMEONE GOT THE REFERENCE!!! oh thank god i wasn't the only one that watched that insanely awesome movie.

i love that quote the most, "20 seconds of insane courage". i use it.

Login or register to comment