• Published 29th Dec 2015
  • 496 Views, 3 Comments

A Rainbow's Tale... - SuperCyclone

  • ...
 3
 496

The Spectrum

The Spectrum
Normal POV
Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash walked through Ponyville. It was a beautiful morning, the sun shined bright above them. Rainbow Dash stopped for a second. Scootaloo noticed that she wasn't next to her and looked behind her. Rainbow Dash just stood there with her head down. She looked as if she ran out of air.

"Rainbow Dash, are you ok?"

The Rainbow maned pegasus looked up at Scootaloo and smiled. She started to walk a little faster again.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just tired I guess."

They continued on there day as usual. Scootaloo had a certain thought running through her mind. She decided to ask Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow Dash? How is it at the factory?"

"Everything's okay. I mean we're in charge of the weather so..."

"No, I mean...how are you there?"

"Oh, well alright I guess. I mean the factory is filled with toxic gases and so much more. That's why I haven't taken you up there. It's very dangerous for somepony like yourself."

"But I can handle it. I'm as strong and tuff as you are."

"Yeah, I believe Scootaloo."

Rainbow then took out her wing and hugged her.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. The factory is a very dangerous place. There's a lot of machines there that could injure even the strongest of ponies. Maybe when you're older I'll show you around."

Scootaloo was a bit disappointed. Rainbow noticed this and got an idea.

"Hey, how about we take a flight?"

Scootaloo smiled. She got on Rainbow's back and off they were.

At The Rainbow Factory

Lightning flew up to the giant tall building. He entered inside where many ponies were at work. He flew towards a high place and then walked. It was his birthday and he really didn't want to work. But his boss told him to.

"You're late Lightning."

Speaking of boss, he called out to Lightning. Lightning looked back to see his boss with a serious face. His boss walked up to him and he looked upset. Lightning apologized and explained.

"I'm sorry sir, but I had to-"

"Don't you know that we're all responsible for Equestria's weather?"

"Yes sir but-"

"And that Celestia depends on us to keep everything in order?"

"Yes sir, and I even did it."

"You did what?"

"I designed the Spectrum. The device that keeps everything in order. The weather and the factory itself."

"Really? And I'm Twilight Sparkle." His boss said sarcastically.

Lightning wanted to just choke him for insulting his idol.

"Get back to work!"

Lightning sighed and went to his position in the factory.

Twilight's home...

Twilight and her friends were at the map discussing a certain idea. They had been going on about the map and its properties. They had recently made friends with Starlight Glimmer. What they wondered is if the map was controlled by somepony.

"Hey everpony."

They all looked at the door to see Rainbow Dash entering.

"Uh hey Rainbow Dash. Shouldn't you be workin' at the factory?" Applejack questioned.

Rainbow Dash just laughed.

"Don't worry. My buddy, Hide, will take care of stuff. I just came here to see what you were up to."

Fluttershy remembered something that she wanted to ask.

"Umm Rainbow Dash. If it's possible, may you make sure that it isn't cloudy for today's Grand Galloping Galla? It would be nice to see the moon shine."

"Oh sure, not a problem. I'll have to ask somepony to make sure the Spectrum is set for clear night sky. I'll do it right now."

Rainbow pressed her hoof on her ear. She was contacting one of the bosses. Soon somepony answered.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Hide, buddy. Can you make sure that the Spectrum is set to clear night sky?"

"Already on it, ma'am."

"Thanks, and I told you. You can call me Dash."

"Yes, Dash."

She finished contacting her friend and she laughed.

"Well, there you go! I'll see you all later. I'm going to go and see how the Cutie Mark Crusaders are."

Rainbow then flew off and outside the door.

At the Rainbkw Factory...

It was almost time for everypony at the factory to call it quits. Lightning was about ready to leave. He was excited about his birthday. He was then tapped on the shoulder. He looked to his right to see his boss. Doctor Hide Atmosphere.

"Lightning, Rainbow Dash has asked that you fix the Spectrum. She wants a clear night sky for the Grand Galloping Galla."

"But sir, today's my birthday."

Hide just walked away and scoffed.

"Happy birthday. Now go and fix it!"

Lightning sighed and flew towards the spectrum. He couldn't believe that he had to spend his birthday fixing Equestria's weather. And his own machine! He flew up and found the Spectrum. The Spectrum was a huge clear triangle prism. It probably was estimated at 200 feet wide and 600 meters in height!

Below the giant pyramid was a giant bucket which estimated to 250 feet in length and 400 meters in height. Inside the bucket was every single type of weather. They even had rainbows in there. It was changed into liquid because Rainbow Dash thought it was a better system.

Lightning noticed that the clear pyramid had a wire sticking out. He flew down to examine it. There were to plugs that needed to be put together. He couldn't just connect them that easily. They were spewing out electricity. He needed them to be shut off.

He put his hoof on his ear contacting somepony. Finally somepony answered.

"Yes?"

"Yes it's Lightning here. Could we turn off circuit 39 to connect two loose plugs?"

"Sorry, I'm off my shift."

"But it's dangerous here-"

No pony answered and Lightning sighed. He flew up and grabbed to two plugs. He started to sing to himself.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Lightning. Happy birthday...to....me."

He then put the two plugs together. Nothing electrocuted him. He sighed in relief and put the wire back. Suddenly, an electric charge shot through the wire causing Lightning to scream in pain. He then forgot to fly and fell down towards the bucket of weather.

He fell inside screaming as the wire shocked the liquid sending excruciating pain in his gains. His fur started to change from black to many colors. His cutie mark changed from a lightning bolt to a blue bolt. His eyes changed from green to blue.

He then started to drown inside the bucket. Then..he was gone.

Meanwhile...

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo walked along the streets off Ponyville. The sun was setting and it was almost time for the Grand Galloping Galla. Rainbow Dash stopped all of the sudden. She felt a sharp pain on her stomach. Scootaloo ran towards her.

"Rainbow Dash! Are you okay?!"

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine. Just tired that's all."

"Maybe you shouldn't go."

"What? Are you kidding. I wouldn't miss this! I'll be okay. I just need to rest when I get back. I'll be fine."

What the two didn't know is that there were two ponies watching them. One of them was Dr. Atmosphere. He looked at the other pony next to him.

"Who was he?"

"Lightning Rod. A rainbow factory employee in charge of the rainbows in this place. He worked down below the factory. You could say he was invisible."

"Well, with this child in charge of us we have to hide this. Make sure that Lightning stays invisible. This could prove useful to us in the future."