• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 9,354 Views, 218 Comments

Mother And Son Adventures - Inferno demon Dash



Spike has never really felt as loved by his family as most creatures were his age growing up, but even he knows just how much his mother loves him. And knows she'll do whatever it takes to protect him, even if he's not her flesh and blood.

  • ...
22
 218
 9,354

Buy An Apple

Spike was sweating profusely as he slammed his back into the tree with a loud groan nearly hurting his wings, his tail ached from using it for so long to help Applejack and the family with Zap apple season as he questioned to himself why he even bothered in the first place, wiping the sweat off his forehead as he turned his head to the left and saw Applejack slamming her back hooves into the tree with enough force to knock it over but she was aware of her strength, he remembered she told him that she was able to kick a large boulder on the hunt for Rockhoof’s shovel when he was younger.

He glanced at the older mare’s extremely powerful and rather sexy looking hind hooves, the thought to touch her bare ass and giving it a squeeze coming to the forefront of his mind and sent a shock through his spine as he remembered the time he almost kissed her while thinking about Rarity, he snorted smoke out of his nose with a roll of his eyes at how innocent and naïve he once was years ago and how stupid he felt pinning after the unicorn.

Spike placed a claw to the side of him as he used the tree to slowly stand up, his eyes not leaving the orange earth pony who once used him as a lighter to aid in her family reunion as he smiled, remembering at one time that Capper Dapperpaws had used him as a flamethrower to push back the Storm King’s army.

Rather stupid in hindsight but he had to admit it felt good to be useful during a critical time in Equestria. He wondered how Rarity’s date with the walking, smooth as silk talking cat went as he made a mental note to ask her about it and to see how both of his friends were doing but before he did anything, he had to finish the task he had been given, why did he agree to this again?

Shaking his head, Spike picked up the basket, his much larger if more intimidating size allowing him to carry the basket filled with the special rainbow colored apples in his right claw with ease as he slid it over to the next tree, coincidentally standing right behind the cowpony as his heart raced and he curled his claws, multiple thoughts racing through his head with how to ask out the mare of his affection as he nervously and unknowingly scratched at the bark in front of him with his left claw as his right softly tapped his hip while he gathered the courage to say one word to the hard working pony.

He opened his mouth as he finally had some semblance of words to say with confidence before a bright orange and red flash caught his eye as he looked and saw Peewee flying above him who chirped at his master before gliding down to land on his right shoulder making the drake give a soft and caring stroke of his hand to the immortal bird, at least he thinks that phenoxies are immortal, he would have to ask his mother, the gods know Discord would not give him a straight answer.

“You tell Peewee to mind where he’s flying, Spike, you hear? Don’t want him setting my trees on fire now, ok sugar?” Applejack’s playful if a bit tired voice nearly caused Spike to freeze as he turned his head to the earth pony and opened his mouth, his plan basically shot with a crossbow as all he could do was nod in embarrassment.

“Having trouble with matters of the heart, Spike?” A voice whispered to the left of him as he turned and saw a miniature Discord laying on his shoulder with Rainbow Dash’s sunglasses on, eating a Zap apple in his lion claw that Spike was damn sure was not ripped yet as Spike scowled.

“Shouldn't you be helping Fluttershy, Sugar Belle and Apple Bloom on the other side of the orchard.” He spat with annoyance as the god merely took off the glasses with his eagle talon and gave the drake a blank expression.

“I can do both.” Discord argued before calmly throwing the rest of the apple in his mouth and slowly transformed his body into a snake that wrapped around Spike’s neck as he continued.

“Besides, helping you to become a permanent member of the Apple family is much more...devious.” He whispered as Spike ignored the urge to throw Discord off of him and merely looked into his red eyes.

“Don’t let Twilight see you in that form, she’s still terrified of snakes. And how exactly do you plan on-”

“You going to get a move on anytime today, Sugarcube? We’re burning daylight and still got a few more hours left.” Applejack asked the drake who looked over towards her in almost paralyzing fear before he cleared his throat and seeing out the corner of his eye that Discord had vanished he quickly brought his tail back and with as much force as he could, he slammed against the base of the tree, thankful when the apples came raining down into the empty basket he quickly grabbed it and gave an uneasy smile to the mare who raised an eyebrow but quickly went back to work as Spike released a breath he did not know he was holding in.

He felt Peewee flap his wings to land onto the ground and peck at a Zap apple that had rolled away before Spike breathed a sigh of relief.

“Thank Celestia.” He whispered to himself as he grabbed both full to the brim baskets and lifting them up on his shoulders, went towards the barn to store them and grab two more to continue with his work.

“You’re welcome, my little scales.” A familiar voice spoke as he turned his head to the left and saw his mother on his shoulder with a halo above her crown and tiny angel wings spread out on her back as her original wings were nowhere to be seen, small enough to sit as she did exactly that as it took Spike every ounce of his strength not to scream in terror.

“M-mom? How did? What are you? Why are you-”

“She finished all her work for the day and wanted to help you with your...situation. Took a bit of convincing but I’m good at that, don’t worry, her real body is back in Canterlot, this is just a small bit of mental power.” Discord’s voice spoke from Spike’s right shoulder as he glanced over and saw the Draconequus in miniature form again but this time he had black horns that stood up where his antlers would be, his tail was red and long, shaped like a spade at the end, his goatee was pure black and he had a pitch fork in his lion claw.

“It’s true, my body is asleep but my mental thoughts are with you, my son. Though did you really have to leave me on my bed in such an undignified pose, Discord? And is the halo and angel wings necessary, you know I already have my own pair of wings.” Celestia asked as she crossed her hooves and glared at her old enemy who merely twirled the pitch fork in his fingers and winked.

“Oh you’ll be fine and yes, absolutely, I’ve been wanting to do a gag like this for ten thousand years, don’t worry, no one can see or hear us, not even Twilight. Now focus, Spike you don’t want to piss off your crush, now do you?” Discord’s voice spoke to the dragon who was debating between slowly removing his mother and slapping off Discord or punching himself in the face until he knocked himself out as he shook his head and walked back towards the trees where Applejack was still hard at work.

He could hear the two bicker about things long since past as he worked, stopping to pet Peewee who gave a chirp before flying back to town to rest as Spike spotted Pinkie Pie standing on her hind legs and shaking the trees to remove the apples, it was a poor job but she was humming to herself and smiling as they fell into the basket slowly before she picked it up with her teeth once it was full and dragged it towards the next, getting an empty basket to repeat the process.

Discord leaned on Spike’s neck and gave a loud, loving sigh as he watched the earth pony work with a large if not lustful grin on his face.

“That mare’s going to be the death of me I tell you, one that I would be happy to die for if given the chance.” He muttered out loud as Spike and Celestia rolled their eyes.

“Ironic you’re helping me try to win Applejack’s heart when you can’t even win Pinkie’s.” Spike whispered to them as Discord rolled his eyes fast enough to nearly make Spike dizzy before flicking his head with a finger which made his eyes stop spinning.

“One miracle at a time, mortal. You missed a few by the way.” He answered pointing at the apples that Spike somehow did indeed miss as the dragon brought his tail back once more and slammed it into the tree, allowing the remaining apples to fall with grace.

Celestia clapped her front hooves together with a large, beaming proud smile while Discord gagged.

“My little boy is growing up to be so strong.” She spoke making Spike blush with a chuckle.

“It’s nothing, mom. Just how dragons do.” He whispered before clearing his throat to save face.

“So, uh...any advice on how to talk to her?” He asked as he picked up the full baskets to store them, seeing Pinkie bounce past him with the same amount on her back as he grinned.

“Well...let’s see what common interests you share with Applejack. You’re both amazing at baking-”

“Oh I’ll say.” Discord interrupted popping one of Spike’s brownies that he had made three days ago into his mouth with a rather disturbing moan causing both Spike and Celestia to shiver.

“You both deeply care about your families, while you can be dishonest at times, you always know how to do the right thing. Um...let’s see...you’re both very hard working, she tolerates your jokes which is a blessing in itself.” She teased as Discord laughed while Spike rolled his eyes.

“Neither of you need nor care much for fancy things and...umm…Discord do you have anything to add? By the way, mister, we are going to talk about your obsession with older mares when you come to visit over the weekend.” She finished as she glared at Spike who could only give a bashful grin in return.

“Why are you asking me? I’m the evil side, I’m supposed to push Spike towards all the naughty and twisted sides of the conversion, like this for example.” Discord whistled as he pulled out a comically large picture from his tail that showed Applejack in a very lewd pose making Spike loudly swallow the spit in his throat as he nearly tripped over the full baskets.

“Discord!” Celestia screeched, flying up to shield Spike’s eyes with her body in horror and doing her best to avert her eyes of one of her subjects as she glared at the god who made the picture disappear while he laughed so hard tears were sliding down his face.

“You two should have seen your face, ahhhh…can’t believe Soarin let such a fine piece of ass go, don’t you agree, Spike?” He teased elbowing him in the neck before Celestia finally flew back to his other shoulder as the drake felt he needed a very long and cold shower later but did his best to ignore it and get back to his job.

“So we don’t have a ton in common, there is nothing wrong with that, right?” Spike asked as he looked anywhere he could once he saw Applejack walking back him with her back full of apples to store as he walked up to another tree with two empty baskets once more.

“Well...yes and no. While it's true that there is nothing really wrong with not having much in common, it’s something that would help if you were to date later down the road.” Celestia answered making Spike sigh before picking up the full basket and walking over to the next.

“But let’s focus on the negatives because it’s what I’m good at. You’re lazy, she’s competitive, like to a terrifying degree if what she and Rainbow Dash do is anything to go off of. You’re spoiled rotten thanks to Sunbutt and your family, she’s all work and barely any play. You’re arrogant, she’s stubborn, the good news is that both of you are as boring as watching paint dry. Also I doubt she’s much of a reader and while not necessarily reading, you love comic books. Although if you can get her into Ogres and Oubliettes I’ll take back everything I said.” He spoke with an almost pleading voice as Celestia rolled her eyes.

“You just want her to play with us.” Spike growled, rather annoyed.

“We need more players.” Discord muttered pathetically as he kicked at imaginary dust on Spike’s shoulder.

Spike paused for a minute to slap a claw to his forehead as he groaned.

“You know this isn't helping me as much as I thought it would.” Spike whispered to them once he saw Pinkie Pie finally coming back with two empty baskets.

“Well of course not, little scales. It’s because you’re forgetting the most important rule of advice.” Discord answered rather lazily as Spike looked between the two of them.

“Which is?” He nearly screamed after they both became silent before looking at each other and turning back to the distressed drake.

“We’re not you.” They replied in unison as Spike could do nothing more than blink in complete and utter confusion.

“What?” He asked in puzzlement.

“The importance of advice is to aid the one having trouble and helping them make a choice.” Celestia spoke softly as Discord nodded rather seriously.

“The reality is that it’s up to you to choose if you think having a relationship with Applejack is worth it and if you feel you two would work, regardless of whether she says yes or not.” Discord replied.

“We can’t make that choice for you, Spike. That’s up to you, all we can do is talk, be there for you and of course love you.” Celestia finished as she slowly flew up and gave Spike’s cheek a small peck with a motherly grin.

“Good luck.” Discord said with a salute as Spike stared at them both in confusion.

“Spike, you did a really great job. Ah’m proud of you for taking the time to help me and the family out. What do you say we go grab the girls and Discord and go grab a bite to eat, my treat?” Applejack’s voice once again snapped him out of his thoughts as he turned around to look at the mare who was taking off her hat and wiping her forehead with a hoof.

He smiled before turning around to at least say goodbye to his mother and Discord but they were no longer on his shoulders as he quickly turned back around to face the earth pony.

“That sounds like a great idea, Applejack, thank you.” He spoke with a smile which she returned before she started to walk back to the barn to meet with the other girls.

“H-hey, Jackie.” Spike called out, his heart nearly in his throat as he slowly swallowed it back down and tried to gain what confidence he had left, even more so to call her by a nickname that she hadn't heard in a long time as she turned back around in confusion.

“I-I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie next week, you know if you have the time.” He asked calmly, giving a very nervous if not sincere smile as he awaited her answer.

Applejack tilted her head in confusion before turning it back as she smirked.

“I’d like that, Spike. But I’m picking the movie.” She said with a chuckle as Spike felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his chest.

“Deal. Hope you like popcorn.” He laughed before they walked side by side towards the barn, Spike remembering at the last second to get the two remaining baskets and saw both Celestia and Discord still in their tiny forms look up and wink at him as he smiled.

“Thanks.” He whispered before picking up the two full baskets and walking back to Applejack as the two talked about funny moments in the past together.

Spike was so happy he felt as though he could walk on air.

He honestly hoped that feeling stayed.

Author's Note:

Dedicated to Wild Blaze, I'm so very, very sorry it took so long to bring you this chapter but I honestly hope you like it. You have no idea how much fun I had with this story, I like this pairing.

I'm so sorry for everyone whose been waiting for this story to update, but I'm back and on one hell of a roll. Naturally not edited so I hope you can forgive any errors you see.

Next up is Spilight. It won't be two years from now, promise.

Enjoy.

Comments ( 14 )

9904461
Damn straight. Hope you like it.
9904468
It is indeed. Many more to come.

Glad to see this back!

9904679
I am to lol, it's good to do this story again. It's been a long time. I hope you like the chapter.

Ah nice to see this again. Good time for just a nice relaxing slice of life.

Been a while hasn't it?

Always love your slice of life stories. The sometimes mature, sometimes silly tones are balanced surprisingly well. It's such a treat to see these again!

Goo job, brother!

9905027
Thanks old friend and completely agree with that. It's been some time. Sorry for that. Nice to see you again.

9905121
Thank you bro. I like when it's easy for everyone to relax sometimes. More coming soon.

Which -light?

9907393
Starlight or Twilight?

He was right, it won't be in two years, it will be when the g5 becomes as popular as the g4.

Login or register to comment