• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 3,869 Views, 421 Comments

The Nightmare That Came From Above - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



She may hate me now, but I think she'll come around after a while

  • ...
13
 421
 3,869

Waiting For "Dad"

Author's Note:

OMG! Thanks so much guys for the feature, it means a lot :) Also I recently began the next chapter and i'm already 657 words into it, and I found this new song that's helping to inspire me, and gets me typing at this awkward pace, but it somehow works to keep me from making mistakes yet I can type faster :D

It hurt to watch him leave. The only one who possibly cared about me, despite my actions and wishes. I called him dad...I don't know why. It just slipped out, you know? I'm Nightmare Moon, and... I'm a failure of a pathetic excuse of a villian. I let the power go to my head, thinking I was unstoppable, which all changed when it came to those six ponies. Because I had let my guard down, they got me, and here I am now. Dependant on some alien to help protect me since I can't harm anything. I'm a bug compared to him and his house which seemed to have gigantic furniture, but I'm just really tiny.

I miss him. I miss my dad. Again I'll ask, why did I call him dad? Because Ive never had parent, or for anybody who cared about me in any way, so maybe it won't hurt to try. That saying. It won't hurt to try? I'm lost and broken because of trying. Because of trying, I've been cast far out into space to this planet where I haven't seen much of the outside. Yet, this alien who knows all about me seems to care. But why for me? Everyone sees me as a monster, where Jake finds me cute and something to pick on.

What's a failure of an evil princess to do when you've got no power? I wish I knew. How did I even lose...to them!? It just doesn't make sense! I should have won! But...now that I saw the show, how happy they all were, getting along with each other. Laughing and giggling, embracing warm hugs. Maybe dad was right. Maybe I am meant for something else...but what? How will I ever find out being stuck here? Here I know nothing, have nothing, am nothing, with no purpose, or any idea of what do to. I'm just so confused. I just want dad...

I sat, still wondering how I came to this. Depressing, isn't it? I suddenly find myself reffering to an alien as my father! I'm meant to be independant, and taking over the world, but sadly I failed. What am I even doing? I should be plotting an undefeatable revenge, yet I stay here, going soft for this Jake guy, who I know nothing bout, what he even is, or what is even outside this very house! I've been acting like such a child! I can't be the one bowing down, I'm supposed to be the one being bowed down to!

I just wanted ponies to enjoy my night. That's all I wanted.

Why did I even call Jake dad? He's not my dad! I shall not stoop to the low level of being adopted by an alien! And if anypony in Equestria heard of it, they'd never take me seriously! It's just all so confusing!

I can see myself in the reflection of the glass, a small filly, with slits for eyes, shrpened teeth, a midnight purple coat of fur, two small wings at her sides, and a small horn jutting from her forehead. A small pathetic excuse for a villian. That's all that remains of me now. I can't destroy anything, or hurt anything with my magic, I can't fight off even a simple dog, or a little as wake JAke from his sleep with endless blasts that only stun for a mere second. Seems as if I'm back to where I began. A weak and powerless entity.

Pant pant pant!

"What now?" I asked said dog who jumped onto the couch next to me. She wore a dogish smile, her tongue lolling out of her mouth. "Speak, peasant!" I almost shouted, impatient to hear the dogs answer, standing on my four legs.

A face full of tongue was what I got for an answer, followed by the mutt rolling onto her back, her paws in the air, short tail wagging rapidly.

I gave the dog an evil glare as I wiped the dog slobber from my face, leaving it sticky and stinky. I assumed she's asking for a belly rub.

"No." I said flatly, turning the other way. "I don't take orders from others. Especially mutts like you!"

A low whimper came from the dog.

"No!" I shouted, before jumping off the couch, and off to Jakes room I ran. The sound of the dog barking, as well as her paws thumping on the floor told me she was giving chase, and catching up quickly.

Almost tripping over myself, I ran into Jake's room and I shut the door as fast as I can. There was a firm thump since that dog probably ran head first into the door, but at least I'm safe from it now. Slumping down to the floor, a sigh escape my lips. Weaker than a mere dog. a pup at that. It's embarrassing really.

"Maybe I should plan out my revenge, instead of complaining," I said quietly to nobody. "Now I'm stuck prisoner to that darn mutt out there." I grumble, hearing the scratchig and barking and whimpering coming from the other side of the door.

I only ignore it as I begin looking around the room. There's another t.v on top of a bookshelf, plastic pony figurines strewn on top. I head over to it, to inspect further. Being so short, I have to stand on my hind legs to see. I notice the figurines were of Celestia, Luna, and those six ponies who brought me to this tormenting life I live now. There were many others, but one stood out most of all. A figurine of myself, wings flared, legs spread in what appeared to be some sort of battle stance. Her head was high, as she appeared to be cackling at nothing.

I take her in my grasp, looking at her carefully. I then take the celestia figurine. She was just standing, smiling down at something, wings expanded upwards. Anger began to fill me since she had been the one to send me to the moon for a whole millenia! I thought I was strong enough. I beat her before, but it was only a mere battle. I could feel their laughter. The ponies who read the stories of how I was banished to the moon.

I turn to see the Nightmare Moon figurine. A powerful princess, who could do all she wanted with her magic. Mostly anything, anyway. Yet, she was defeated in the end, depending on an alien to care for her since she is now all but helpless. Now just recently she's become prisoner to a dog, staring at figurines, wondering what went wrong. It's all because of Celestia! All of this...just because nopony enjoyed my night. Relatives hate me, my night means nothing, I failed to conquer Equestria, and now...I have nothing...

They know how to defeat me, so it'll probably be impossible now to ever win.

I let out a sigh as I place the figurines back where they were. I then take Luna. She looks upset, as if guilty of doing something bad. She was a regular happy mare, at least until I happened. I wonder how she feels now. Normally I'd be wanting to crush her, yet, I feel as if I want to apologize.

So far, I see three possibilities. Either I work for another thousand years to gain back my power and hope to become victorious this time, or I go back, apologize, and hope Equestria accepts me. The last option I see is to stay here with Jake. I'd hate to do so much work, just to be defeated again. If I apologized, I bet nopony would accept me into their lives. Then there's Jake. An alien willing to be my father, but I'm over a thousand years old. He's around his twenties probably! It wouldn't make sense. Yet he cares about me. He saved my life.

What should I do? I wish I knew.

*****

Jake's P.O.V

Six hours.

Six hours I've been missing her.

I'm worried about her.

I'm scared for her.

I love her.

The evil villian I see as a possible daughter, who goes by the name of Nightmare Moon. I see good in her, but I don't know if she can see it. I long to get home to her, to hold her close again. When I first held her after finding her barely alive out in the woods made me feel how I do now. I still can't believe after the first night I offered to be the father to Nightmare Moon! She said she'd think about it, but I bet she was only trying to be nice.

I'm driving home as fast as I can without going too far over the speed limit. It's hard anyway in this crappy Chevy Lumina. I have money for a new car, I just don't want to go through the hassle of buying one. I've got a job as a mechanical engineering technician, so I make around thirty bucks an hour which is quite a hefty pay for one man.

I glance at the large, white and furry forty dollar, teddy bear in the passenger seat next to me, hoping Moon will enjoy her gift. I continue to speed through traffic, when my way through had appeared. An ambulance with sirens wailing came racing past me as other cars scurried to get out of the way. A sly smirk appeared on my lips as I sped up from forty five to sixty, following the path the ambulance had cleared with it’s passing.

Following close behind the ambulance, engine rumbling and sputtering from age, I zoomed past the other cars along the way, up until the ambulance made a turn down another road. By then, there was hardly any traffic at all, and I was easily able to speed past them if needed. Soon, the dirt path to the side of the road came into view, signaling I was almost home.

I took as wide of turns as I could around the bends to avoid having to slow down. I was mostly worried about her, or what could happen without my knowing. After a bit of driving, I finally came to see the large two story white house in the distance. I sped up a little more, and a few seconds later, I was crunching to a halt. Yes. Crunches. I'm on dirt which crunches, not asphalt which screeches.

I put the car in park, shut it off, and quickly exited the slowly falling apart vehicle. I quick inspected the front of the house. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so I went inside after unlocking and opening the door. It didn't take long to tell where Moon was, since my dog was currently scratching at the door to my room, just at the top of the steps. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing things just may be okay, and that I may have gotten a little paranoid. Either way, I slowly headed up the steps, and stopped at the door, my hand slightly tremlng as I reach fro the knob.

With the teddy bear in hand, and a doorknob in the other, I slowly entered the room. The dog was much quicker than I.

“Moon?” I ask, seeing her sitting on my bed as she stared at a book of some sort. Her head turns my way and she gasps.

“J-Jake! You let the dog in!!” She shrieked as she was once again tackled by the golden retriever.

A small chuckle escaped my lips as I sat down on the bed next to Moon. She thrashes around for a bit, screaming for her freedom, but soon her cries for help turned to happy giggles as her face is getting a good licking.

“Stop it, stop it!” Moon laughed, with her forelegs around her.

“Alright.” I spoke up. “That’s enough little one, I stated firmly, removing the dog from Moon.

“Thanks, Jake...I guess…” said Moon nervously, rubbing the back of her neck with a foreleg.

“It’s no problem. Sow what did you do while I was gone?”

“Uhhh….”

*****

“Darn! He’s gonna be so mad at me!” whined Nightmare Moon as she cleaned the Hershey’s chocolate milk syrup off the floor. She tossed the once white rag into the pile with the other four chocolate soaked rags. “I didn’t mean to spill it! I just wanted to try it!”

Moon sadly didn’t know the “warm it up in the microwave” technique to get the syrup to flow better, and so she forced it out by squeezing her hooves against the side of the bottle, which resulted in the cap popping off from the amount of force, which in returned caused the syrup to explode out into her face and all over the floor.

*****

“....N-nothing but miss you!” She chirped, smiling up at me as I moved her into my lap.

“Oh, so you missed me?”

Moon nodded. “Of course! All super villains need their servant slash side kick around!” she smiled wide, and threw her forelegs around my neck.

“I missed you too, Moon. And this is for you,” I smiled, picking up the bear which I had deposited on the floor, and giving it to her.

She gasped, as her jaw dropped to the floor. “I...LOVE IT!” she screeched cheerfully, pulling it into a tight hug as best she could since it IS bigger than her.

I couldn’t help but smile as I begin scratching behind her ears, to which she leaned her head into my hand.

“Thanks, da-J-Jakey!”

“Da? Were you just about to call me dad?”

Moon shook her head violently.

“No! Of course not! You’re not my dad!” Moon grumbled facing away from me, snuggling her new bear with the pink paws,, ears, eyes and bow tie.

“Moon?” I smirk.

“No!”

I smile softly at her as I wrap my arms around her. “It’s okay if you don’t want to admit it, Moon. Either way, I’m still here for you, okay?”

“I don’t see why…”

I let out a low sigh. I notice the book she was looking at just of to my side. A large photo album, filled with pictures of up to twenty years old.

“Maybe I can explain,” I reply softly, taking the book in my hands, and setting it on Moon’s lap as I began turning through the pages of the many family photos that have been taken over the years. I flipped through birthdays, Christmas's, Thanksgivings, random fun times, and pet's I've had that have come and gone. I was basically watching myself grow up as I flipped through the pages, getting a bit older in each photo of mine.

I explained many of the photos to her of what happened at the time they were taken to the best of my knowledge. Moon would often ive her aww's, daww's squees and giggles. then came that one photo I loved, yet hated so much. It was the last photo I had taken of me, my wife Jeanette, and my daughter, Celia, holding her persian cat named Mittens.

They both had blonde hair and the same blue eyes, but Celia's face had been dotted with spots of freckles, and rosey cheeks that wore a beautiful smile as she was cuddled against Jeanette as they sat on the couch. I had an arm around the back of Jeanette, and an arm in front of Celia, holding them both close to me. A hearth hang above since it was Christmas at the time, and Mittens was Celia's present.

I could already feel tears filling my eyes. Dang drunk driver plowed into them late one night, pushing them into a ditch. They were driving back from a concert Celia sang at for her school. He had t-boned them going over sixty miles an hour on the run from the cops who were just behind him, it was said on the tv. Jeanette died on impact, Celia died later in the hospital. Injuries were too much for the small eight year old. After that, I mainly stayed inside, shutting out everyone in my life except my current dog.

"I...don't know what to say..." Moon murmmered, gazing at me with a concerned expression as she wiped a tear from my cheek with a hoof after I explained it to her..

"You...remind me of her. Celia. Confident, smart, and a caring heart, which I know you've got one, Moon." I smiled softly, rubbing her cheek with a thumb.

"So you care about me because I remind you of her?"

I nodded. "Yeah, plus the fact that you're now young like she was, and you're pretty much helpless, as much as I hate to say it like that, but I was worried about you while I was at work." I sighed. "I know you're going to say you're Nightmare Moon and you can handle anything, which I know you could if you had your powers. But...since I was a father before, I've started getting back those old instincts. Which lead to me offering to adopt you, which I know you won't want, and I can understand that." I look down as another tear slips from my eye. "I miss being called daddy, dad, husband, father, love of my life. All of those. I miss them so much..."

"Well...since you saved my life, and I DO owe you, I'll agree to letting you be my dad."

I look up at her. "Do you really mean that?"

Moon smils and hugs me. "Yeah. Dad."

I smile back at her, returning her hug. "Thank you, my little Moon."

Moon giggled a little. "Just don't go too far with those cute names, okay?"

"No problem," I chuckle, rubbing her mane gently.

Comments ( 239 )

6946289 XD maybe i should add that in lol

.....buen relleno ... dad ... aun asi muy rapido , pero aceptable cap5 , ahora la pregunta que hacer le mostrara el fandom ? las historias donde gana ella ? o la vida de nix ? por que no podia tener la noche eterna y sus consecuencias , creo que eso podria justificar por que celestia alla desterrado . se ve que puede esta historia un (slice of life ) de luna unos 5 o 10 cap , aun sin contar si regresa a ecuestia con cual opcion venganza o redencion . en espera aqui del siguiente cap.:twilightblush:

... good filler... dad... even so very quick, but acceptable cap5, now the question that to make him showed the fandom? the histories where she wins? or the nix life? for that could not have the eternal night and their consequences, I believe that that could justify for that celestia there exile. it is seen that can this history a (slice of life) of moon about 5 or 10 cap, even without counting if he/she returns to ecuestia with which option vengeance or redemption. in wait here of the following cap.:twilightblush:

I just wanted ponies to enjoy my night. That's all i wanted.

Ahem: Nightmare, scaring the crap out of everything and threatening murder and eternal darkness is NOT how you get non-insane people on your side.

If you want to use that tactic, go head up ISIS. :trollestia:

6946315 Nightmare moon is an overreactor :D

6946324 I think she was more like that insane guy who shot John Lennon, "I admire you so much I have to kill you!" :pinkiecrazy:

Give NMM that level of crazy, and suddenly she makes perfect sense.

6946336 :eeyup: Or like a woman who tried to eat her newborn baby

>> Vinyl-ScratchDJ17 Will this turn into a monthly update, daily, weekly or even yearly?

6946468 sorry about that. I only really have time to write when im riding on the bus to and from school which can be bumpy. Could you tell me where you saw a few of these mistakes? I'll look for them as well, and fix them as I go :D

6946370 I did hope for daily to weekly, but i dont have much time to write, so I'll do what i can. Im not making any promises since i cant ever seem to keep them because of things getting in the way D:

>> Vinyl-ScratchDJ17 I thank you for trying your best to make it daily but I do hope you take your time and enjoy doing what you do best. After all, I'm just a reader waiting for the stories next chapter. :twilightsmile:

NOPONY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION

6946500 becoming expected for me.

The story is getting better every chapter. By the way I love the back story, it almost made me tear up Which is actually rare since the only thing that ever made me cry was My Little Dashie. And keep up the good work and if you need any tips then just ask me. Or anyone else, but I'd be happy to help in any way.:pinkiehappy:

6946344 But that's perfectly natural! Like mice eating their babies! Isn't nature wonderful? :yay::pinkiecrazy:

6950070 And so is making Fluttershy cry!

6947472 Thank you, thank you, thank you! *bows*

6950108 Fluttershy stutters, "Oh... but... that's natural... and... it's ok then... I guess..."

She watches a momma mouse nomming on her babies and squeaking, "I had this ones liver with fava beans and a nice chianti..."

:fluttershbad:

6950127 XD *hugs Fluttershy and rubs her belly* there there cute little pony

6950243 Mice are crazy little buggers. I feel safer with lions after watching mice ripping each other apart over territory. :twilightoops:

Oh, the 'dead family and new person reminds me of X dead child' backstory. Well, that was a bit of a mundane cliche. Rather disappointing, as I was hoping for something bizarre since this guy's speech and thought patterns hint at some barely concealed psychosis.

This story was a special sort of weird initially... I kept reading it because I had legitimately no idea where it was going next.

But now, it's fallen into the fandom mold and clearly just going the same route as most others of this trope.

6946295

Moon would have an entire army of willing minions if she ever went to a MLP con. Play up the role of a little cute filly who's also a minute megalomaniac. And for those that resist, pouty lips and watery eyes. But that would be a failsafe option if exposure to the world was unavoidable. She'd be far better off with hiding behind a webcam to garner worshippers friends. I suspect it's this lack of friends that has reduced her power base so she's a little filly with ineffectual magic. It makes sense if you consider how big Celestia is and she has an entire country worshipping her big plo- um, Sun. Same goes for Luna when she returned. Of course, I could be completely wrong and it's Earth's derth of widespread magic unlike Equestria that is the main reason for Moon's diminutive, and heart-explodingly adorable, state.

7080972 I'm sorry?Did you just suggest, in any way, that her lack of power is due to the lack of magic in our world?Did you forget friendship is magic?

7091019 plus she is a filly

7080972
XD oh my gosh yes!

More chapters please !!!

The feels are strong in this one. :applecry:


Good work dude! Wittle Moony is so Adowable!

7269586 dead till I can remember my password....till then I'm stuck on this dumb backup account...

7277178 repost story and leave link in comments

7345755 plagiarism brah. Not knowing my password, I have no way to prove this is MY story. I don't want a fine mailed to me. But then again, I just turned eighteen and I have no id yet, sooooooo......

7330358 *holds you close and gently strokes your mane* hush my little pony don't you cry...mommy will continue, it's no lie. (To the tune of hush little baby don't you cry...obviously)

7348914 *tosses your sleeping body into a ball pit*

7348959
Continues to sleep, sinking into the pit...

7348973 *shrugs and pulls you out, turning you into a filly, rocking you in my arms* :p

7348997
Drools on your arms and yawns, still sleeping...

7349017 cutie *gently rubbing your mane*

7349237 *lays you gently in a crib* sleep well XD

7349240
Continues sleeping...

7349374 *conjures up a stuffed bear and blanket, and covers you and the bear up*

Login or register to comment