• Published 8th Jan 2016
  • 3,745 Views, 106 Comments

Aca-decade - Daxn



Abacus Cinch tried to get Twilight to unleash the stolen magic at the Friendship Games. Unfortunately, her plan went horribly wrong, and now she, her students, and her opponents have been regressed to children, toddlers, and babies.

  • ...
23
 106
 3,745

The Last of the Tercios.

Abacus Cinch gave one last fix to her shirt's neck and one last pull down to her miniskirt, before stepping off her husband's car, brown and purple bookbag on her left shoulder and phone in her right hand.

"See you latery, hubby," Cinch said, while waving at Sombra, who, in turn, widely waved at her, just before speeding away.

"And thus my life begins again from its second eleventh, in the same institute past me changed, hopefully for the objective better," she mused, as she looked at the Crystal Academy's façade. She let out a small, almost prideful, smile at the gigantic-order, curved knee-layers and lesens-laden architecture she had commissioned to insert into the previous building- which was a miserable and aestheticless cube of conrete- turning it into a pleasant and harmonical sight, testament and prelude to the supposed goal of the Academy's teachings.

"One thing is sure, the mere sight of this almost makes me glad to be a teenager again, so that I may admire my own work in a manner I couldn't have ever hoped to see." She muttered softly, before looking down at her phone. "But that shouldn't be my concern right now, let's hope the School Board picked a decent candidate, after their brief direct power over my school."

Soon enough, her phone strongly vibrated in her hand and loudly rang, signaling that a message had reached her. With a few frantic button presses, Cinch got in her phone's message archive, which now showed one coming from the school board, its letters written on the screen hot red instead of sepia and sitting at the top of the list. She proceeded to open it up and read it.

"Good day, principal emerita. We are glad to announce that not only your request to be covertly admitted in your old school has been accepted unanimously, but we are also glad to announce that a replacement has been found in Mr. Svengallop, who has gladly accepted the offer in order to 'prove his worth.' He has also expressed desire to see you in his new office for reasons unknown to this date."

CInch sighed deeply

"Svengallop..." She muttered, groaning loudly. "Is he ever going to give up? He should've buried himself deeply into the sand, after that incident while administering the Canterlot Conservatory. Guess it is true that the school board has a very short memory span. That, or he does really have a major reserve of money for any bribery emergency."

Cinch then quickly turned the phone off, before raising her head again and walking towards the entrance, just as a handful of students were coming in.

“But there's no point in brooding over it now,” Cinch said, rushing forward towards the school's entrance. “I can't fight against it anyways, so all I can do is go there and hope that Svengallop will not skewer his priorities as principal once more.”


Twilight was walking through the streets towards the local daycare centre where Applebloom had told her the rest of her friends were. Her eyebrows continuously twitched, as she braced herself for what she was about to see.

“My friends…” Twilight shed a small tear as she finally arrived at the establishment’s entrance. She placed her hand on the glass door and froze up for a second. “Am I ready for this? Ready to see them again after I let them down in their time of need?”

Twilight lightly pushed the door forward with her right foot, before retracting it with her left hand.

“On the one hand, they likely don’t remember me at all,” she muttered to herself sadly. “So, they won’t hold a grudge against me… but, on the other hand, if they don’t recognize me, my visit will be completely pointless and, well, saddening.”

She hesitantly let the door go and then looking through it. She saw a couple of secretaries sitting by a desk, shuffling through papers and answering to phones and overall abiding to their functions as bureaucrats. No one else could be seen passing through the yellow and leaf green corridors of the daycare center, which somewhat pushed Twilight towards doing it.

“Let’s do it. After all, it’s a chance to tell them I’m sorry for my absence,” she said with a sigh, as she pushed the door inwards. “And would allow me to determine what to do in order to fix this up, or, at very least, make this easier for their caretakers.”

Twilight approached the staff, who were still re-organizing and filing papers about the establishment. She stopped at the desk and waited patiently until they were done.

A few seconds later, the two women had taken notice of Twilight and dropped what they were doing to address her.

“Hello there,” one of them said softly. “My name is Raven. How can I be of assistance to you today?”

Twilight fidgeted her fingers behind the desk as she tried to keep a calm expression on her face, trying to not think too much about what she was going to do soon.

“I’m here to… uh, check on some of the children,” Twilight said, resisting the temptation to bite her lower lip.

“And why’s that, if you don’t mind me asking?” Raven said, as she took out a pen and sheet of paper. “Did any of our caretakers carer's called you because any of them were sick?”

“Um, no, I just wanted to see them,” Twilight said, bowing her head. “You see, I was told they’ve been through some major event and, well, I knew it only last night and I could not wait until the afternoon to see them…”

Raven rapidly scribbled onto the sheet of paper, before putting the pen down and folding the paper in two. “She’s down the hallway, second door on the right, not third. People easily get the two mixed up with how close the rooms’ doors are in this place.”

“Also, for safety reasons, you will be escorted down by another one of our staff members.” The other secretary pressed a button and said, “Sweet Dreams? Can you come and lead the way for our visitor at reception?”

After a few minutes, a woman in clean bright clothing appeared at the reception. “Right this way please.” She held out her hand for Twilight, who took it almost immediately.

“Thank you,” Twilight stifled, fighting desperately to hold back her tears.

One brief walk down the corridor led both Twilight and Sweet Dreams to two closely-pressed doors that would have counted as double doors if not for the small gap between them. Both doors were covered in bright baby pink and blue hues with stickers all over them indicating the difference between the nursery and the bedroom.

“Now, I will advise you to watch where you walk once you go inside.” Sweet Dreams placed her hand on the doorknob. “Most of the little ones are no bigger than soccer balls, and it’s very easy to step on them or kick them by accident.”

“I’ll be careful.” Twilight nodded, bringing her head back up slower than usual.

The door was opened, and Twilight was walked inside with Sweet Dreams holding her hand. When they were both inside, the door was shut and locked tight so that no-one could get out.

The interior of the room was just as brightly coloured as the doors outside, with cartoon clouds, flowers, animals, and more bearing happy smiles as they lined the walls. The ceiling was light blue with white patches, simulating a cloudy sky with a sun creeping out of one of them. The floor was so soft that anyone could fall asleep and be comfortable, but it was also littered with toys, building blocks, rattles, blankets, stuffed animals, and balls. The children in the room ranged from month-old to two years of age, and only three of the thirty-two in the room were Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, playing like they didn’t have a care in the world.

Twilight was about to search for Applejack and Sunset Shimmer, but she recalled what Applebloom had said. The former Spirit of Honesty was back with her family, with Sunset being under the protection of this world’s Cadence, and Rarity begin old enough to attend Grade School again. With that small closure, she walked forward towards her infantile friends, taking extra caution not to step on, kick, or trip over anything.

“Um, hello there Pinkie,” Twilight said, weakly waving towards her infantilized pink friend, who was stacking blocks, babbling all the while. Pinkie turned around, then went back to play with her blocks.

“You don’t remember me?” Twilight gently laid her hand on Pinkie’s shoulder. “It’s me. Twilight Sparkle. Your best friend?”

Pinkie turned back again and tried to speak, but all that fell out of her mouth was newborn gibberish and a few attempts at making mouth farts. She then went back to her playtime once again, brushing Twilight off as if she’d never met her.

“Guess I should have expected this after all…” Twilight said, shaking her head sadly. “I will have to wait until this evening, and pray that I can figure out a way to fix this.”

Twilight’s attention was then focused on something tugging at her trousers. She looked at where it was coming from and found Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, who immediately let go of her and held their arms up, indicating that they wanted to be picked up and carried.

Twilight smiled and scooped up both of her youthened friends, gently holding them as she would two watermelons. Curling her arms around their bodies and diapered butts, she waited to see them point towards something they wanted to play with.

Fluttershy pointed at a rather large stuffed pink and yellow butterfly laying on the floor while Rainbow Dash pointed in a completely different direction namely towards a small pile of boxes below a pacifier rack that had each nook labeled with each baby’s name.

Not wishing to test out how little Rainbow Dash used to and now did express her frustration- and confiding on Fluttershy’s now-future meek nature- Twilight brought Rainbow Dash close to the rack, at which point she pointed again, this time towards a specific dummy, a light blue one with yellow tiny bolts painted on it.

“Me paci!” Rainbow Dash gurgled. Twilight, with an able movement of elbows, managed to get the aforementioned pacifier in range to her infantilized friend’s tiny little hands.

Rainbow Dash popped the pacifier in her.mouth herself, which prompted Twilight to lower herself in order to get her off her left arm. Then Twilight's walked in the opposite direction, gently dropping Fluttershy just next to the stuffed butterfly, which Fluttershy proceeded to rapidly pick up and hug tightly

Twilight let out another sigh, checking out a small smile at the sight, before turning around and walking away towards the door.

“There’s not much else I can do here,” she whispered to herself. “I would need to wait until the afternoon, and find their addresses, to get a better picture of the situation at hand.”