• Published 8th Jan 2016
  • 3,761 Views, 106 Comments

Aca-decade - Daxn



Abacus Cinch tried to get Twilight to unleash the stolen magic at the Friendship Games. Unfortunately, her plan went horribly wrong, and now she, her students, and her opponents have been regressed to children, toddlers, and babies.

  • ...
23
 106
 3,761

Order and Progress

The next day, former Principal Abacus Cinch, wearing one of her old bluses, was rapidly scribbling and reorganizing books, files and certificates inside her house' library, aided by her husband Sombra.

"Alright, my bank account's money is now on yours," Cinch said, as she rapidly scribbled down said amount of money on her leather-bound agenda. "What little stocks I had have been hastily sold and I have managed to send a mail forward to the supervisor in order to replace me as principal. Did I miss anything, hubby?"

"No, I am pretty sure that is all we needed to do," Sombra muttered, while he stuffed several sheets inside sand-coloured folder. "Well, excluding finding a solution to this, but I guess that whatever caused you to turn into a teenager did not resharpened your mind."

Cinch stopped briefly to set her arms against her sides, glaring at her husband while he rapidly stuffed the folder inside the old desk' drawer.

"You know very well what happened and that I'm sorry to have disturbed you while at work." She said annoyed. "You also know that I don't exactly know what caused this, or, at very least, its true source."

"Didn't you say that some girls from a certain public high school, the one you claimed where most of my inmates studied or allegedly did so, had the power source or even that they were source of 'magic' themselves?" He said, as he pushed another folder in the midst of several books. "Can't you ask them?"

Cinch rolled her eyes and sighed..

"I can't do that, they are babies now, which, I'm afraid means both that they aren't as powerful wielders as I thought and that I cannot ask for help on the matter either," she said. "That is, unless you, your subordinates or one of your 'friends' managed to find a way to make infants talk somehow."

Sombra chuckled, as he then rose up, walking close to Cinch and patting her head.

"Considered the people I know," he said, pride in his voice. "I could find you someone that would not only make babies talk, but also make them sweep the floor and bring you a cigarette or a whiskey shot."

“Thank you, honey.” Cinch sat down in a nearby armchair and leaned back.


Cadence walked up to the top of the stairs, gently coddling Sunset Shimmer as she did so. Since she was only announced to be pregnant a few weeks ago, she was already well-equipped to handle the baby girl.

Sunset, given her newfound infancy, looked around the house with her eyebrows constantly rising and falling, her middle finger perched on her lips as she gently wriggled deeper into Cadence’s loving embrace.

Eventually, Cadence arrived at a room with pink wallpaper with little hearts dotted across it. There was a box of toys that was slightly opened with a few spilling out of it, more toys scattered across the floor with some blocks, a changing table over by the wall with supplies in the drawers beneath it, and a single crib at the end of the room with a teddy bear sitting on the pillow.

Sunset pulled her head out of Cadence’s chest and looked at the room. Her eyes went wide with everything inside. She almost had the urge to reach out and play with everything if not for the small sliver of her older form resonating deep down in her mind. It was almost non-existent, however, and she eventually let intuition take hold as she pointed over to the blocks.

“I had this room all set up for my former new daughter, Flurry Heart.” Cadence walked towards the blocks and gently set Sunset down by them. “However, because of what happened at the Games, this is your new room too for the time being.”

Sunset immediately scampered towards the blocks, proceeding to stack them up in a disordely way. As she built, a smile crept onto her face, and a small chuckle escaped her few teeth as she began to make a small tower.

Cadence watched from afar and scratched her chin with a single finger. She wondered about the magic that had struck at the Games, where it came from, and how it could fix everything that had happened to the students. Yet at the same time, she couldn’t help but grin at how innocent Sunset looked in her youthened state, at how carefree she appeared to be, in deep contrast with her former teenage self, at least according to what little she had seen of her- and what some self-proclaimed “informant students” inside the Crystal Academy’ had told her.

After a while, Sunset couldn’t build her tower any higher, and knocked her tower over by swinging her arm into one of the lower blocks. As it all cascaded around her, she laughed as the colours danced all around her as the blocks crashed down onto the soft floor. She applauded briefly before picking two up and starting all over again, building some kind of wall this time.

Cadence let out a warm smile as she gazed upon Sunset’s playtime, being completely unable to tear her gaze away even for a second. Her observations proved to be worthwhile, as she noticed that during it all, she noticed Sunset wetting her diaper after another giggle.

“Aww. Don’t worry, sweetie…” Cadence picked Sunset up before she could even think about crying and carried her over to the changing table. She set her down on the table and proceeded to tear the sodden diaper off before powdering Sunset’s bottom and applying a fresh diaper to it. “That’s what I’m here for…”

With how fast she was changed, Sunset’s smile endured throughout the whole process, and as soon as it was done, she raised her arms to be picked up. When she was, she snuggled back into Cadence’s embrace before she carried her over towards another corner of the nursery.

Cadence set Sunset down into the playpen, patting her head before letting Sunset crawl away at her heart’s content.

“Have fun, my girl,” Cadence said, “I am just going upstairs to some errands. If you need anything, just wail. Or babble. Either way works.”

And, with that, Cadence left the room. Just as she stepped out of her room, her husband passed by. He looked disheveled, unshaven, and worn out in a way not seen since his run-in with Warden Sombra around a year before.

“Hello honey,” she said, bowing down a little. “You look a bit…”

“A bit roughed up? Yeah, yeah, I know, but with how it is going of late, it is a miracle I didn’t leave the house without any clothing or just in nightwear.” He said gruffly, going up upstairs. “Now, if you will excuse me, I’m going to make myself pleasant to your eyes. Or at least presentable.”

Cadence let out a chuckle, as she joined him at his side.“You always look good in my eyes, and you know that, Shiny.”


“What do you mean ‘we don’t actually have an Apocalypse Account’?” Luna said with a mixture of surprise and terror plus a pinch of indignation. “Then where did that one percent of our net income go?”

“I will give you three guesses, and the first two do not count.” Celestia said snarkily, as she quickly inspected a leather and cardboard suitcase full of old coins inserted inside blisters. “If I were to sell these we’d get enough money for two weeks, maybe a month and half if we really try to keep expenses low, and our accounts make us decent enough to forward in winter, but we are going to need to find more money, and fast at that!”

Luna set her hands on the blisters, grabbing a handful of them, glaring at Celestia as she did so.

“Selling dad's coin collection?” Luna said. “Are you crazy? Why can’t we just sell all of our receive books? Or one of your literary prizes?”

“Those are utterly worthless economically and too expensive emotionally to do that.”