• Published 8th Jan 2016
  • 3,759 Views, 106 Comments

Aca-decade - Daxn



Abacus Cinch tried to get Twilight to unleash the stolen magic at the Friendship Games. Unfortunately, her plan went horribly wrong, and now she, her students, and her opponents have been regressed to children, toddlers, and babies.

  • ...
23
 106
 3,759

Discovery and Fight.

Sugarcoat was laying on her belly with several ice packs spread out onto her back, whimpering lightly as she sunk into the couch.

"And with this we should be set for the next hour or so," Make Easy stood up from the side of the couch.. "Now, Fudge Numbers, please be careful next time with your sister."

Fudge crossed her arms and pouted.

"I was just trying to hug her!" she shot back.

Yes, I know that, sweetie," Make Easy knelt down and tousled Fudge’s hair. "But, remember, her back is hurt, and she cannot take much stress."

"I know that, but still!" Fudge Number whined. “Also, why didn’t she remember me? Does she hate me?”

“N-no... I don’t hate you, Fudge,” Sugarcoat’s voice was nothing more than a gentle whisper. “This wasn’t your fault. It was that stupid meanie, Abacus Cinch that did this.”

“I’ve never heard you say that before, Sugar, nor I would have expected you to remember Cinch but not your sister.” Fudge raised an eyebrow confused. “Maybe that magic changed you more than we know…”

“Either way, she is right, Fudge.” Make coiled her arm around her. “Abacus Cinch was entirely responsible for everything that happened to her students at both Crystal Prep and the Friendship Games. It’s only natural that Sugarcoat, as well as most of the other students, will show a lot of backlash whenever they see her again.”

“I doubt it…” Sugarcoat whispered. “But it’s a nice thought.”

“Why’s that?” Fudge asked.

“I was pretty much the only one that didn’t like her ways,” she said. “Besides, not everyone may have fully realized Cinch’s involvement in the magic blast…”

“That’s true too, Sugar.”

“And it’s not just us who suffered it, Fudge. Those kids from Canterlot High were hurt just as much as me and my friends. Some of them became children like me, while the others were turned to babies. Now, we’re all gonna have to start all over again.”

Fudge Numbers sighed. Apparently, gettign a new playmate in her sister was harder and more emotional than she could ever expect.


Abacus Cinch sighed and let out a smile at the sight before her. In the main hall, in spite of everything that had happened and the major morale hit that the disaster had been, students were still congregated in small groups, talking to each other under either the Academy’s bronze-and-marble memorial plate or the banner- currently with black fringes for the occasion- and, when she passed, quickly saluting her like they used to before the disaster.

“There’s no need to,” she muttered, after the nth time a student saluted her. “Due to my mistake, I should be an equal to them now.”

“Miss Cinch, an honour to see you at last.” A woman with dark green hair a a black suit walked up to Cinch. “In light of what happened back at the Friendship Games, a new dean was requested for this school as well as a new principal. My name is Chrysalis, and I am Cadance’s replacement.”

“Salutations, Dean Chrysalis.” Cinch quickly bowed down to her. “I hope that you help the students, both new and old, graduate with their heads held high.”

“Not just the new students, but you too,” said Chrysalis. “How you survived that explosion is beyond me, but it’s a miracle that you did, albeit with a much younger composure and the sense that you might have forgotten some things.”

“How curious that I did…” Abacus brought one of her fingers to her chin and scratched it. “Whereas the students from Canterlot High and Crystal Prep who were caught in the blast suffered amnesia as well as lost age, I did not, and so did Cadance and the two principals at Canterlot High, if their interactions with me are to be believed.”

“Well, it’s good to know that you’re still alive, Abacus, but before I send you on your way, I must ask you a few questions.” Chrysalis pulled out a clipboard and pencil. “How did you survive that explosion anyway? Why has it turned you into a teenager? And why do you remember everything while everyone else didn’t?”

Cinch suppressed a sigh, before forcing a smirk on her face. “I was pretty far away from the center of the explosion, that may be why. Although, given that even the girl in the heart of it survived, something tells me that I simply could not die due to it. Same answer goes to why I am a teenager, instead of a little girl or even a baby.” She said confidently. “As for why I remember, I do not know for sure, and perhaps you are better off asking to whoever started it.”

Chrysalis leaned in, adjusting her hair affectedly. “Ironic, considering you were the sender.”

Cinch recoiled, nearly hitting the wall behind her. “W-who told you that? When?”

“I am the one making questions here, not you. So, please, answer to me, or would you rather I let the evidence do the talking?” She pulled out a tape recorder and pressed the play button, playing back Abacus Cinch and her students talking and then singing, the day when the explosion occurred. “It seems to me like you wanted this to happen, didn’t you? You yourself were backing Twilight Sparkle into that corner with the other students at your beck and call, correct?”

“How did you—”

“And since that explosion, students at Canterlot High and Crystal Prep have been spiting you, despite their youthened states and mostly infantile mindsets.” Chrysalis flipped a few pages on her clipboard, showing reports of some of the babies and toddlers she had interviewed that had been caught in the blast. “It was a hard task to get the newborns to communicate, but luckily for us, their parents were more than happy to oblidge.”

“I don’t understand what—”

“So as it stands, you used Twilight Sparkle to take this so-called ‘magic’ from poor, defenceless girls at Canterlot High, therefore leaving you with a fallback plan in case your team was about to lose in the Friendship Games. “Chrysalis smirked this time. “And then, using the magic and imbuing it with your own students, you would overthrow Canterlot High and jeopardize the whole world with something that has yet to be studied and controlled.” Chrysalis wrote down something on a blank page, that faintly read ‘Notice of Termimation’. “Am I right? I would say that you are to blame for all this, Abacus.”

“Since when were you suspicious of me?” Cinch snapped back.

“Do either one of us have the heart to believe the other?” Chrysalis folded her arms, gently resting the clipboard by her side.

Abacus gathered her courage, feeling herself cornered but not quite enough to concede.

“Yes, I admit I did it.” Cinch said. “But, remember, Twilight stole that magic from girls that, I should remind you, have managed to create man-eating giant plants. A regressing blast is, shall we say, downright bizarre.”

“That, I was surprised at as well, but the evidence still stands.” Chrysalis clicked her fingers, and all of a sudden, the both of them were surrounded by students, both past and new, all of who were glaring at Cinch.

“Ah, I see you managed to create the metaphorical army,” Cinch said. “Well, I am still not deterred. I may have had a major lapse in judgment and considered Twilight of next to no worth. However, given that the man that has replaced me has a morality compass of a rabid dog…”

“The Friendship Games has a moral code, Cinch: cheaters must be punished, by any means necessary.” Chrysalis walked out of the ring with the students letting her out before closing up again. “The Rainbooms might have used magic, but they did it to ensure the games flowed as smoothly as possible, and I’m positive that those fly-traps that burst out were just a little blip that happened with your crazy experiments. The evidence is still irrefutable. You cheated in the Friendship Games, and we all know what happens to cheaters…” She clicked her fingers again, and the students advanced on Cinch, their hands balled up into fists, ready to hurt her. “Maybe this should teach you not to put reputation before your students.” Chrysalis walked away saying, “have fun with her.”

Cinch turned herself around, then stotted away, as a few students started to chase her. She ran and ran, sharply turning around the corners in order to stop the chasers and shouting out taunts to make them angry and, thus, less concentrated on their rushes.


“You said we would win the Games!” A female student shjouted with all her might.

“We didn’t sign up to be your collateral damage!” A male said whilst bull-rushing forward, only to then slam into a door into the girl's bathroom.

“You should’ve turned into a baby, like everyone else! Then you wouldn’t be in this mess!” a third student cried out, before jumping forward to grab Cinch's skirt, causing both him and her to fall down onto the floor.

"Curses!" She siad, as she quickly tired to crawl away from her aggressor's grip, only to get a punch on her spaine, cuasingh er to whimper and collapse.

"Hey, you! How 'bout respecting former authorities!?" Another student, one apparently passing by, said, drop-kicking on the punching student in the ribs. "Ma'am, get away, I will hold this mob for as long as I can!"

Without begin asked Twice, Cinch got up and limped away into a nearby closet to catch her breath.


Sunset Shimmer was playing with stuffed animals in Cadance’s nursery. without a care in the world. After the regressive blast, she had warmed up to her like a mother—one who actually cared about her, instead of let her handle everything without any help. She was trying to talk to the animals, but all that came out of her mouth was gibberish that a baby would usually say.

“So, Sunset’s parents were out of town when the regressive blast happened?” Twilight asked as she and Cadence watched over Sunset.

“Yes. That’s what we believed.” Cadance furrowed some of her hair.

“But that’s just it!” Twilight threw her hands in the air. “Sunset’s not a human like you. She’s from Equestria, a world where ponies are the dominant species!” Twilight said. “She ran away from home, her real parents, everything, just to come here and start a new life! In short, she has no parents in this world, and she never had!”

“Oh my…” Cadence’s eyes widened at everything that Twilight had said. “I-I didn’t know that she was that lonely…”

“And if what I’ve heard is true about the portal being closed to her, that means she’s probably stuck here forever, devoid of magic!” Twilight froze up at the realization of the situation. “The one thing she needed to get home is gone, and I wasn’t there to stop any of it…”

“It’s fine,” Cadence said. “You couldn’t possibly hope to know when this was going to happen.”

“But I was suppsoed to!” Twilight shrieked. “The diary… oh the diary…”