• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 3,288 Views, 69 Comments

The Fog of War - REDMAMBA



Kris, Steven, and Dusty, three men... three brothers, not in blood, but in arms. They dont know where they are or how they got there, but they use their wits and and skills as American fighting men to help end a war, that is not their own.

  • ...
11
 69
 3,288

Manehattan

The familiar roar of the Willies Jeep engine filled the air as it raced down one of the many streets of Manehattan. Dusty shifted gears while Kris swiveled the massive .50 caliber machine gun and opened fire at anything he could.

“They’re everywhere!” Dusty screamed over the gun fire and roar of the engine.

“Just shut up and drive!”

The fight in Manehattan at this point was a lost cause. Sombra brought ten legions or 8000 stallions and mares, with another supposed three or four on the way to reinforce the attacking 8000. The defending 2000 Guard were slaughtered. Celestia ordered an immediate retreat from the city. The plan was to pullout and head straight for Fillydelphia. Where they would set up a front line and plane for the next attack. In the chaos of the retreat it was everyone for themselves. Celestia and Dash took to the skies while they carried Shining, Maud, and Pinkie. Kris and Dusty had made a mad dash for the jeep and floored it once they were in.

In the confusion of the retreat Sombra’s troops took the advantage and bled into the many streets of the massive city. They hunted down everypony they could. Stallions were killed, unicorns were captured and mares were taken as slaves for the dark king and his men.

For them, death would have been a better option.

All Kris and Dusty could do was stick to a southern direction and aim for Fillydephia. Currently, with arrows and spears flying past them they were having a hard time sticking to that direction. The jeep’s tires screeched as Dusty made a hard left turn onto one of the many different streets that populate the city.

Kris stopped firing while he leaned over the gun in an attempt to not fall off the back of the vehicle.

He went back to his original stance and started shooting again.

“Watch it you shithead!”

“Just shut up and keep shooting!”

Kris grumbled while he continued to swivel the gun left and right. The massive .50 caliber rounds blew holes in the street and any unfortunate wall, sending small pieces of debris in all directions. Those that connected with bodies tore through the armor and flesh, thus bringing the attacker to their knees, and ultimately… the ground.

Ten dark soldiers poured out from two alleyways and formed a single line of armor in front of the jeep. Dusty jerked the wheel to the left, causing Kris to yet again fall onto of the gun. He once again shared his ‘concerns’ with the young driver. The men continued to race through the ever growing maze of streets.

Another large squad poured out in front of the jeep, prompting Dusty to force the wheel hard to the left. Right when he made the turn a massive explosion went off behind them, causing the vehicle to violently lurch upward, throwing Kris into the air. He flailed his arms around in a failed attempt to correct himself. The jeep continued forward while Kris landed face first onto the ground, causing him to bounce and roll. He let out a pain filled moan once he stopped while Dusty pushed the brake into the floor.

He looked over his shoulder at his fallen teammate, “Sir, GET UP!”

Kris moaned before propping himself up on his elbows and shaking his throbbing head. In that moment he thought he was hit by a truck with how bad his body was screaming in pain. Even through the adrenaline rush he was feeling the pain. But he had to buck up and ignore the pain until he had the time to address it. He quickly pushed himself to his feet and headed for the jeep. When Dusty saw Kris pull himself to his feet, he grabbed his rifle and started shooting from the driver’s seat. Dark troopers charged the park jeep while Dusty picked them off as best as he could.

Kris ran full force toward the jeep. Just before he reached it he saw a flash of red out the corner of his left eye. A massive explosion sent him flying backwards while the jeep violently lurched forward with Dusty splayed over the steering wheel while Kris landed ass first on the hard surface of the Manehattan street. The downed soldier looked up to see a massive stone wall separating him from his only means of escape.

“I want him alive!”

Kris looked left in the direction of the voice to see a white unicorn mare in Sombra;/'s dark armor and holding a staff lowering her arm while several soldiers poured out from behind her. His eyes went wide before he turned to the side, stood up and ran. Drawing his pistol, he screamed, “DUSTY, GO!” he screamed before turning back and shooting behind himself. One wild round struck a stallion in the head, killing him instantly.

Within second he reached the first building in his way. He stopped firing while using his shoulder to bust the door in. He stumbled for a second before stopping and quickly examining the hallway. The hallway in itself was the usual bland white with black and white tiles on the floor and multiple doors on each side.

“Get him!”

Looking down the hall, Kris focused on a small light sign that said ‘STAIRS’. Making a run for it his attention was on the stair and only the stairs. The sounds off metal on tile filled the tense air. Once he reached the door he placed his left hand on the handle and looked at the charging group. Five large stallions carrying shields, spears and swords were hell-bent on his capture. He raised the pistol and pulled the trigger.

Only for nothing to happen.

He looked at the empty gun before cursing and opening the door. Taking two steps at a time he climbed as fast as he could. He rounded the first corner and up to the first floor. Behind him the sounds of metal clanging and griping ponies could be heard. Once he reached the second floor he stopped in front of the door and pulled out a grenade. He held it in his left hand and pulled the pin with a free finger from his right. He leaned around the concrete wall in the stairwell and threw the grenade. It tinked on the concrete floor while it bounced down the stairs.

BOOM!

Screams of agony and surprise are heard as the squad is torn to pieces in the stairwell. Once Kris reached the third floor he opened the door and ran down the hallway to what he hoped was a second stairwell… and an escape. To his relief there was. Reaching another door, he practically ripped it off its hinges before he made a mad dash down the stairs. Once he made it back to the first floor he stopped at the door and reloaded his weapon. After closing the slide, he slowly peered out of the tiny crack he made when he opened the door. Upon seeing nothing he acted bold enough to open the door fully and slip out. Heading in the opposite direction he came in he ran through the tall office building before coming up on an emergency exit door.

He quietly slipped through it and out into one of the many alleyways. Sneaking his way over to a nearby dumpster he took up cover behind it. Peeking out from his hiding spot he looked at the small section of street.

Nothing.

Then again all he could see was a small, fifteen-foot section. He slowly crawled out from his hide-y hole and up against the building he just came out from and walked up to the corner. Peeking around it with one eye he looked down the long strip of asphalt. Down the way many Dark troops barked orders pointed in random directions or chased after civilians caught in the open. Taking a deep breath, he maned up and ran full sprint across the street and into the adjacent alleyway.

It was hours of hide and seek for Kris. He slipped through alleyways to dodge patrols. At one point he was even forced to hide in a parked carriage. Through the expansive maze of streets, buildings, and alleyways he was utterly lost. The only directions he knew at this point was sky is up and dirt is down. He was sore, hungry, and exhausted and darkness began to fall. He had to find a better hiding place than some rat infested dumpster behind a Hayburger.

Looking out around another corner the street lights illuminated the way. After looking both ways and seeing nothing he made a run for what looked like an apartment complex across the street. He slowly opened the door and slipped inside. He walked down the long hallway that was populated by bland, brown doors, trying each and every one of the them. Upon reaching the end he headed up.

The last thing he wanted to do was bash a door in, which in turn would cause a lot of noise and leave a massive target on his back if the building was being patrolled. He checked every floor to see if he could get lucky. But the only thing he ran into were empty halls and locked doors. Upon reaching the tenth floor of the thirty he opened the door and slipped into the hallway. He checked the door across from the stairs.

Locked.

He continued checking every other door until he heard the sound of rattling keys, causing him to freeze in his tracks. He slowly worked his way to an intersection in the hallway and peeked around the corner. To his amazement about nine doors down, he saw a long mare nervously jingling her keys in an attempt to open her apartment door. With his pistol raised he slowly approached her. When he was about halfway to her she dropped her keys and grumbled in anger.

She quickly bent down, grabbed them and worked the key into the lock. She let out a sigh of relief and a, “Finally,” before turning the knob and opening the door. Before she stepped inside Kris grabbed her by the back of the neck and put his gun to her head. She started to panic when she felt a forceful hand grab her and start to push.

“Don’t scream!” he ordered quietly while pushing the mare inside.

Once they were in the apartment, he shoved her, causing her to stumble inside before she regained her footing. Kris pulled the keys from the knob, looked back outside for any followers, and closed the door before locking it. He turned back and pointed his gun at the mare. She stiffened up and stood stock still. They locked eyes. Hers were full of fear while he examined her.

She had a horn on top of her head, making her a unicorn, was white in color, had a purple mane that was matted from sweat, she had light blue eyes and wore a black jumpsuit designed for working. He walked up to her, pushed her out of the way and into the main room of the apartment.

It was a rather basic two room, one bath. On the far wall sat a lone couch with a coffee table right in front of it. Two chairs sat to the left of the bedroom door. On the left hand side was the kitchen area, complimented with a sink, fridge, a stove, a single table with two chairs and the occasion lamp sitting on a small table. Off to the right sat a door that lead to a bedroom and behind him and to the right sat the bathroom. Kris walked up to the window and looked down at the street level.

Upon seeing nothing he grabbed the curtains and forcefully closed them before turning back to the mare, who hadn’t moved out of fear. They just watched each other.

“What…” she gulped, “Are you going to do to me?” she asked nervously.

“Nothing,” replied Kris. The mare let out a sigh of relief. He looked around for a second before finding the couch and taking a seat.

“Excuse me?” the mare huffed, “Did I say you could sit there?” she crossed her arms.

He rolled his eyes before leaning forward and placing his elbows on his knees and letting the gun dangle loosely in his right hand.

“I’ve been running for hours,” he leaned back and winced a little when he lazily laid his arms on top of the couch back, “And now I’m stuck here.”

“Well, you could at least clean yourself off before sitting on my couch!” she scolded.

He scoffed, “What I wouldn’t do for a shower,” he said before moaning while his faced scrunched in pain.

The white mare cocked her head slightly and furrowed he brow slightly, “Are you okay?”

“Just fell out of the back of a jeep at thirty miles an hour, landed flat on my face, and ran like hell,” he said rather nonchalantly, “Yeah, just a normal day in the military.”

“You’re in the guard?”

“Transfer… from out of state,” he joked.

The mare quickly took a seat in a nearby chair, “Do you know the princess?” she asked with interest.

“Yes.”

“Ha!” she gasped, “What is she like!? Is she everything ponies say she is!?” she asked with the biggest grin.

“You mean a stuck up bitch?” he asked with a small, mischievous grin.

The mares smile changed to shock, “Don’t you dare talk about the princess like that!” she shot back, angrily.

“I’m kidding,” he chuckled back, “Celestia is good fighter... ohhh… my side,” he moaned out while grabbing his left side with his right hand, which still held his service pistol.

“Let me see,” the mare said while getting out of her chair.

He let go of his side and leaned to the right while raising his left arm for her to give access for examination. She sat down on the couch and slowly lifted the dirty field uniform. She gasped when she saw the long red and bloody mark. It was starting to bruise. She slowly lowered his shirt while he lowered his left arm.

“I believe I have something in the bathroom,” she said before getting up and running off to the bathroom. A few seconds later she came running back in with a small white box with a red cross on it.

“Shirt off please,” she politely asked.

Kris holstered his pistol in the leather holder before removing his helmet and placing it on the coffee table. He grabbed the bottom of his shirt before lifting it over his head. He sported a large bruise on his chest along with various scrapes. The mare opened the box, pulled out a small brown bottle and a clean rag.

“This is going to sting darling,” she warned.

He took a deep breath while she reached out rather slowly. A little to slow for anyone.

“Wait,” she stopped and looked up at him. He popped the magazine out of his pistol and dropped a round in his left hand before sliding the mag back into the gun. He placed the round in his mouth and bit down on it, “Okay,” he said through his open mouth.

She reached out again and started to wipe him down from his collar bone down. He winced and bit down on the bullet at the contact of the alcohol covered swab on his first open wound.

“I’m sorry darling,” the mare apologized, “But it’s this or a very serious infection,” she glanced up at him, “So… what is your name?”

“Kish.”

“Kish?” the mare repeated, “That’s a strange name.”

He ‘nah-ah’d’ while shaking his head before taking the bullet out of him mouth momentarily, “Kris. Sergeant Kris Rian, United States First Infantry Division, 16th Infantry REGIMENT!” he said the last word painfully and rapidly when the mare wiped down a rather large scrape.

“United States? Where is that?”

“Far from HERE!” he said the last word through clenched teeth while his faced winced in agony.

“Well I must say that I have never seen a pony like you before,” she said while dabbing the rag with more alcohol.

They continued to exchange small talk while she dressed his wounds. Once she was done she placed sterile gauze one each cut and held them in place with white bandage tape. He leaned back against the couch and thanked her for her service. She gave him a happy “You’re welcome” before closing up the first aid kit. He carefully leaned forward and grabbed his service shirt when the mare came walking out of the bathroom.

“What are you doing!” she screamed.

He froze and looked at the mare, “Putting my shirt back on?”

“No you are not!”

He placed his hands on his knees, “And why not?”

“It’s filthy! I mean look at it!?” she said while holding both hands out at the dirty and matted field uniform. She walked over and grabbed the shirt off the table, “I will give this a proper wash!”

“And what am I supposed to do?”

“I will grab you a clean set!” she said happily.

He leaned back against the couch once again, “Well… thanks… for everything.”

“You are most welcome,” the mare said while heading for her bedroom.

Before she reached the door he called out to her.

“Hey?” she stopped and turned to look at him over her shoulder, “I never got your name.”

“Rarity,” she said with a small smile, “Rarity Belle.”

***

Kris sat at the kitchen table with a glass of milk in his hand while Rarity cleaned the dishes. She hummed a light tune to herself while he absentmindedly sipped from his cup. She was nice enough to make him a meal earlier. He felt a little uneasy when she offered. But that immediately changed when she insisted and wouldn't take no for an answer. He was just glad to have a full stomach.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Rarity stopped cleaning the plate she had in her hand and looked at the door while Kris immediately shot up causing the wood chair he was in to slide backwards. They looked at each other with worry in their eyes before Rarity placed the plate she was cleaning and the sponge she was holding into the sink while Kris drew his gun from his holster. She quickly wiped her hands down on a towel while Kris checked the gun before taking up cover in front of the bathroom.

He leaned out a little with his gun at the ready. They shared one last nervous glance when Rarity walked past him. Once she reached the door she took a deep breath to compose herself and looked through the peep hole. She let out a sigh of relief before looking back at Kris.

“It’s okay.”

She undid the lock and opened the door while Kris lowered the gun and stepped out. Once the door was fully open Rarity greeted the two ponies and quickly ushered them inside before closing the door and locking it.

“Oh Rarity, it’s good to see that you’re safe,” the first mare said in a sweet and relieved tone.

“Fluttershy, Coco, I’m glad to see you!” Rarity said happily, “But what are you doing here? Its dangerous outside!”

“Oh, well,” the second mare started, “We just wanted to make sure you were safe.”

“That was a bad idea,” Kris said taking a step out from his hiding spot. Both mares screamed in terror at the new voice and ‘stallion’ standing in Rarity’s apartment, “The place is filled with Sombra’s men. And from what I have seen… no one is safe.”

The first mare, a butter yellow pegasus with pink hair wore a sold khaki work uniform and had her hair tied up under a desert camo bandana. She also had a pair of scissors dangling from her right hip. Next to her stood an earth pony. She was light amber in color and sported a two tone, light cyan mane. She wore a simple white shirt and a light purple skirt.

“Uh… who,” the yellow mare gulped nervously, “A-Are you?”

“Uh, Fluttershy,” Rarity started, causing both mares to look at their friend, “This is Sergeant Kris Rian of the Royal Guard. He is my guest for the night.”

Fluttershy looked at Kris, “You’re with the guard?”

The room went silent while he glaned between the three mares, “… Sure,” he said before turning back and heading back to the kitchen table and grabbing his milk in his left hand and tossing his pistol on the table.

Fluttershy and Rarity shared an apprehensive glance before looking back at the man in the adjacent room.

“Please, make yourselves at home,” Rarity offered.

The three walked into the room while Kris adjusted the seat he was previously sitting in and went back to his drink. The three mares took up seats in the living area. Rarity and Fluttershy sat on the couch while Coco sat in a nearby chair.

“Flutershy, darling, how are you doing?” Rarity asked.

“I’m good… well… at least I was until Sombra invaded,” she glanced at the human sitting a few feet away, “So… he’s with the guard?” she whispered into Rarity’s ear.

“Yes.”

“He is an odd looking pony to be in the Solar Guard.”

“I heard that!”

Rarity giggled, “Relax darling,” she said while waiving a dismissive hand at Kris before turning back to her yellow friend, “He calls himself a human. He hails from a place called Deadwood, South Dakota in the United States of America.”

“Where is that?” Fluttershy asked.

“He didn’t say.”

For the next couple hours, the girls chatted and asked Kris the occasional question. He cleaned his pistol and sharpened his trench knife with a sharpening rod Rarity had for her kitchen set. He –and Rarity- were glad that he was able to have his first shower in weeks. Rarity even cleaned his clothes for him. At right around eleven at night everyone went to bed. Rarity took her bed and set out a few extra sheets for her guests. She didn’t feel safe having two of her closest friends leaving late at night with rogue patrols in the streets. Rarity took her bed, Fluttershy took the couch and Kris and Coco slept on the carpeted floor.

At right around midnight Coco opened one eye and surveyed the dark room. On the couch Fluttershy snored softly and nearby on the floor Kris was out like a light bulb. She slowly slipped out from under her borrowed sheet and slowly headed for the door. Once she reached it she slowly opened it and slipped out into the hallway before quietly closing the door behind herself.

***

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

Kris’ eyes slowly opened at the sound of thumping.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

He propped himself up on an elbow while Fluttershy sat up on the couch rubbing her eyes while they both looked at the door. Three more bangs came from the door. Immediately both of them pushed their sheets away while Kris scrambled to his feet while Fluttershy stood up and headed straight for Rarity’s room. A few seconds later Rarity walked out in a simple night gown. Kris slipped his helmet on and headed for the corner he first hid behind while Rarity and Fluttershy headed for the door. Rarity peeped through the hole while Fluttershy stood close behind her.

“Oh no!” Rarity panicked before looking back at Kris with a panicked look, “Hide!”

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

“Open up!” a deep male voice said on the other side of the door.

Rarity ran back to Kris while he slipped into the bathroom.

“Stay here and lock the door!”

He nodded in response before closing the door, locking it and drawing his pistol and aiming it at the door. Rarity ran back to the door and composed herself before opening the door. She put on a fake smile.

“How may I-”

“Enough!” A stallion clad in Sombra’s dark armor and holding a shield and a spear said before pushing Rarity to the side and walking in with two more stallions in tow that wore the same type of armor. Fluttershy simply stepped out of the way when they entered. All three stallions walked into the main room and started to look around.

“Nice place,” the first stallion said before looking at Rarity, “We were told that you are harboring a wanted stallion… is he here?”

Rarity mentally panicked, “A wanted stallion?” he played ignorant, “Is he with the guard?”

The other two stallions walked up and stood on each side of the first, “Yes he is.”

“What does he look like?”

“Furless,” replied the stallion to the right of the first one, “Green helmet, olive drab colored outfit. You seen him?”

“I cannot say that I have,” Rarity lied, “I would think that a furless pony would be easy to spot.”

“Then you wouldn’t mind if we looked around?” the first stallion asked.

Rarity started to sweat and panic more internally, “Of course not.”

The first stallion motioned for the stallion on his left to head for the bedroom. The stallion in question nodded before heading to Rarity’s room. The first stallion them motioned for him to go to the left while the first stallion looked at Rarity and smirked.

Rarity internally vomited.

She knew that look from many stallions that would hit on her outside of bars or at work. The last thing she wanted was one of these ‘guys’ to hit on here in the middle of the night. She gave him a bemused look that he didn’t seem to pick up on.

“So,” he started while slowly approaching Rarity with a stupid half smirk, “When the sun comes up… why don’t you and me get something good to eat?”

“I’m sorry but my coltfriend would way otherwise,” she lied.

The stallion stopped his approach before he furrowed his brow angrily, “Oh please…” he started walking again, “You and I know both know that I am ten times the stallion your coltfriend will ever be. Besides,” he held up his spear, “If you’ll be mine… I’ll let him live.”

‘Kill me…' Rarity mentally deadpanned.

Just then a loud clunk was heard causing both Rarity and the stallion to look in the direction of the noise. It came from the bathroom. The stallion looked back at Rarity while she looked at him nervously.

“I thought you said there was no one else here?”

“There isn’t!” she panicked, “It’s just me and my friend.”

The stallion walked over to the bathroom door and placed a hand on the handle. He giggled it and quickly found that it was locked. He let go and looked at Rarity suspiciously.

“Who’s in here?”

“N-no one!” Rarity stuttered before clearing her throat, “That’s just my cat Opal. She probably knocked over some of my cleaning supplies,” Rarity lied.

Since the war broke out she was forced to move to Manehattan to help with the war effort to produce the necessary clothing that would be ultimately used by the Royal Guard. When she left she was forced give away her cat Opalescence because she could not afford to take care of her.

“Then why is the door locked?”

“She learned to open it. So I have been forced to lock it.”

“Open it,” he ordered.

“I’d rather not," Rarity stalled further, "It’s hard enough as it is to get her in there! I don’t want to chase her around the place again!”

The stallion nodded before turning and taking a few steps back. He quickly rushed the door before kicking it in with his right hoof. The lock exploded from the frame as it violently imploded into the bathroom, causing both girls to “Eep’d” and curled up into balls.

***

Inside, Kris stood in the bathtub. He kept mentally slapping himself for knocking over that bottle of shampoo. Just outside he could hear the muffled voices of Rarity and an unknown male voice. When the door knob rattled he tensed up. He was caught and he knew it. The muffled voices continued until Rarity went quiet.

A few seconds later the door exploded causing him to cover his face with both arms.

Immediately he raised his pistol and locked eyes with the stallion that had abruptly entered his hide-y hole. The stallion growled when he locked eyes with Kris. He was in the process of screaming “Hey!” when three gunshots rang out. All three found their mark in the stallion’s torso. He fell backwards while Kris climbed out of the bathtub and to the doorway.

When Kris stepped out of the bathroom he stepped over the body at his feet and turned the right. The stallion in the bedroom just made it to the door when he froze. Kris planted three shots into his chest, causing the young stallion to fall back in a pool of blood. Kris turned to the left to take out the final enemy. Before he could get off the final shot he was tackled by the third stallion into the bedroom. The attack caused Kris to put the final bullet through the wall and drop the gun.

The stallion didn’t stop moving until he reached the bed. Both guys fell onto the soft mattress. The stallion landed on top of Kris and started punching his viciously. In an attempt to protect his face, Kris held his arms up close to it. When he saw an opening in the endless onslaught, Kris grabbed the stallion by the shoulders and head-butted him with his steal helmet. The stallion reeled back allowing Kris to throw a hard punch. The stallion fell off the bed.

The stallion quickly rose to his hooves just as Kris threw a mean right hook. Stepping to the side the stallion grabbed Kris’ arm and spun him around before throwing the young man at the small table to the right of the bed, causing the lamp on the stand to fall to the floor. The stallion walked over, bent down and turned Kris so that he was on his back before he wrapped his hands around the Americans neck.

“I’m going to kill you for killing my friends!” the stallion screamed into Kris’ face.

He wrapped his hands around the stallion’s wrists as his life force was slowly being sucked out of him. His face winced while he grit his teeth. Kris’ vision began to blur and his head started to feel heavy. He knew that if he didn’t do anything he was going to die. Glancing around he frantically looked for anything he could use as a weapon.

His eyes fell on the fallen lamp.

He quickly reached out with his right hand and grabbed the lamp before bashing it onto the left hand side of the stallion’s head, causing it to shatter on impact. The stallion immediately let go of the young man’s neck and landed against the bed. Kris quickly stood up and kneed the stallion in the side of the head. The downed stallion whipped around and grab Kris by the leg and stood up causing Kris to fall flat on his ass while the dark soldier rose to his feet.

He kicked the stallion in the crotch with his free leg, causing the stallion to release him, moan in agony and grab is prized ‘jewels’. Kris rolled onto his stomach before propping himself up with his hands and running into the living area of the apartment. He turned back to face the bedroom as the stallion stumbled in and placed his right hand on the doorway.

“That was a dirty move!” the stallion spat.

Kris was breathing heavily, “All’s fair in love and war!”

The stallion let go of his support and took two steps before standing up straight and drawing his sword from his left hip, “Now… you die!”

Kris quickly reached across his body and wrapped his fingers in the guard of his trench knife before drawing it in a backwards carry and holding it close to his chest and taking a defensive stance. The stallion let out his battle cry while he charged Kris. Making a stabbing motion Kris stepped to the side which caused the stallion to miss. Kris forced the knife downward and into the open spot of the stallion’s arm guard and his back plate.

The stallion screamed in agony at the feeling of literally being stabbed in the back. Kris removed the blade just as fast as he pushed it in. The stallion stumbled to the kitchen table and used it as support. The stallion pushed himself off the table and raised the blade over his head. Just before he reached Kris, the young man dropped to one knee and sliced at the opening in the stallion’s armor at the knee. Forcing the stallion to miss his attack and stumble to the other side of the room before falling to one knee.

Kris stood up before he faced the stallion while he swallowed the excess saliva in his mouth while the stallion furiously looked over his shoulder at the young American. The stallion slowly rose to his hooves and slowly faced his opponent fully. The stallion went for another forward stab. Again Kris stepped to the side, but this time he wrapped his left arm around the top of the stallions and held onto it while he slipped his blade across his enemy’s wrist, forcing the stallion to drop the blade. He then used the built in brass knuckles to uppercut the stallion under his helmet.

The stallions head reeled backwards causing him to stumble while Kris released his arm. The assault wasn’t done though. Kris grabbed the stallion by the neck, which caused the stallion to grab his wrist. Using the last of his energy reserves, Kris pushed the stallion onto the far wall punching him with the knuckles of the knife all the way. Once they reached the wall, Kris gave three hard punches before pulling the blade up next to his head.

With a hard thrust he brought the blade forward and buried it into the stallion left temple.

The stallion’s hands let go of Kris’ wrist and hung loosely at his sides. The sound of metal on metal was heard as the blade was pulled out of the stallion’s skull. Once the blade was release his head went limp while Kris let go of the stallion, who promptly slide down the wall to the floor in a dead heap.

He started at the body in front of him, “Rarity!?” he said loudly before scanning the room he was standing in. On the other side of the couch two pairs of pony ears appeared before two separate pairs of eyes peered over the couch. Both looked at Kris before looking at the dead stallion at his feet. Both pairs went wide.

“Oh my!” Fluttershy said before running out from her hiding spot while holding her mouth shut. She ran up to the kitchen sink where she promptly emptied her stomach. Rarity covered her muzzle with both hands while she surveyed the battlefront that was her apartment.

“Wait!” she said in realization, “Where’s Coco!?” said asked before standing up and frantically looking around the room to find her missing friend.

Fluttershy lifted her head from the sink and wiped her mouth with her sleeve while she looked over her shoulder while Kris slowly looked around for the missing mare. Rarity started to run around and search her home as fast as she could while yelling for her missing friend. Within seconds Coco appeared in the room from the entry hallway.

“Miss Rarity!” she said out of breath.

From the bedroom Rarity heard her name and came running out. She stopped at the door and looked around for a second before finding her friend. She ran up and gave her a big hug.

“Coco!” Rarity leaned back while still holding her friend by her biceps, “What happened where did you go!?”

“I-I…” Kris walked over with his head hung low while he gave her a suspicious look.

“You…” he said darkly, “You brought them here.”

Rarity looked at her friend in shock, “Coco… you didn’t?”

“I-I” Coco started, panicking.

Rarity let go of her friend, “Why?”

Coco looked at the floor in shame, “I thought that- GAK!”

She stopped her excuse when Kris wrapped his left hand around her throat and forced her in the wall behind her. Rarity and Fluttershy both covered their muzzles at the fierce act of violence. Coco gagged and grabbed his wrist. Her eyes widened when he lifted the blood soaked knife to her throat.

“I should kill you for that!” Kris screamed into the retrained mares face.

“Please!” she choked out.

“Shut up!” he screamed while lifting her up off her hooves a few inches, “You nearly got me fucking killed!”

“I… I’m sorry!” she gagged out.

“Sorry doesn’t cut it!” he said coldly before slowly pulling the blade across her neck.

“Stop!” Kris stop pulling and looked over his shoulder.

Rarity stood nearby with her hands to her chest while Fluttershy stood a foot behind her with her hands to her muzzle. Both of them had tears in their eyes.

“Please,” Rarity pleaded, “She didn’t know any better,” Rarity’s pleaded expression changed to anger and disappointment while she looked at Coco, “Right Coco?”

Coco nodded as best as she could with Kris’ hand still wrapped around her neck, “I… I just thought that Sombra would give us leniency if I turned him in… Do you know what would happen if they knew we harbored a Solar Guard?” she swallowed hard, “They would kill us… or worse…”

Kris dropped the mare and glared at her, “You’re a god damn traitor… you know that?”

Coco rubbed her sore throat, “Wouldn’t you or your neighbor do the same thing if your country was invaded?” she tried to fight back.

“No… Americans stand by each other… and besides,” he turned to face Rarity, “No one would be stupid enough to attack,” he said before walking past her sheathing his knife, and over the pistol that sat on the floor.

Both Fluttershy and Rarity watched him while he walked by, “How so?” Rarity asked while Kris was bending over to grab his pistol.

He stood up and started to load the gun, “There’s a gun behind every blade of grass,” he said before closing the slide and holstering the weapon. He walked past the girls and headed for the door. Before he reached it he stopped at Coco and gave her a fierce and disapproving glare. He turned and looked at Rarity, “Miss Rarity, thank you for your hospitality and I’m sorry for the mess.”

He started walking toward the door.

“Wait!” Rarity called out, causing Kris stopped and turned to face the mare, “Can we come with you?”

“That’s not the best idea,” he replied.

“Well…” Fluttershy jumped in, “She can’t stay here.”

Kris pursed his lips outward and wiggled them. Fluttershy was right. Rarity’s home was torn to pieces and currently contained three dead soldiers. But taking three mares in a town full of patrols would make him a bigger target then he already is. His hands were tied. Yes, he agreed to care for these people but he had his own life to watch after.

“Five minutes,” he said, “You have five minutes to gather any essentials you need… otherwise I’m leaving without you.”

Rarity beamed a large smile and gave out a quick “Thank you!” before running off. She ran around the apartment as fast as she could while she gathered as much as she could into a single backpack. Most of it was beauty supplies, which Kris protested against. But Rarity “Had to look her best in a bad situation!”

She slipped the backpack over her shoulders while she fast walked up to Kris, “Okay… ready!”

“Okay,” Kris whispered before looking at Fluttershy, “You too?”

“Please?” she barely whispered out.

“Hope you have everything you need? Because I’m not stopping once we leave this place.”

Fluttershy, like Rarity, lived in a small apartment. She owned nothing of any importance and was forced to get rid of her bunny rabbit Angel to her parents in Cloudsdale. She was willing to leave her place behind for the safety of the Guard.

“I’m good,” she replied.

Kris looked at Coco, “You’re staying.”

She just looked at the floor in shame and disappointment.

“Please,” Rarity pleaded, causing Kris to look at her, “I know she messed up but she is still our friend.”

He looked back at Coco, “Try that stunt again,” he drew his pistol and held it up, “And I will plant you a traitor.”

“Coco,” Rarity said softly yet sweetly, “Do as he says… and we’ll be out of here… okay?” she said while placing her hand on Coco’s bicep.

Coco looked up and lightly nodded at her friend. Rarity looked at Kris and gave him a nod of approval. He hesitantly nodded in return before turning toward the door and stepping out while pointing his gun to the left before turning the right and aiming the weapon down the hallway. He lowered the weapon and motioned for the girls to follow with his left hand. Once they reached the first floor. They slipped out into the darkness of the early morning darkness with Kris leading the way.

Author's Note:

I couldn't get this to flow as best as I probably could have.

Comments ( 10 )

Ya dun FUCKED UP coco!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twilightangry2::flutterrage:

convent lamp

7293296 Well she is named after a nazi agent.

Saw the title, and thought of this:

RARITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
FLUTTERSHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Who ever you are Coco I'm glad you aren't dead, now serve him as your new master.

this ch was nice

coco I am not sory TIME FOR THE Chair

Where is new chapters?????

Login or register to comment