• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 3,272 Views, 69 Comments

The Fog of War - REDMAMBA



Kris, Steven, and Dusty, three men... three brothers, not in blood, but in arms. They dont know where they are or how they got there, but they use their wits and and skills as American fighting men to help end a war, that is not their own.

  • ...
12
 69
 3,272

Surrounded

Kris watched the figure descend from above, he didn’t know what to think. He watched as she landed behind her troops. Kris and Dusty held fast while Steven began to shake.

“What’s going on here Lieutenant?” asked the white figure.

“We found these troops,” replied the center soldier.

Kris grabbed his Thompson tighter while Dusty feathered the butterfly trigger on the .50.

“I see,” replied the white figure.

The men stood their ground. The tall white figure stepped between her troops and began to approach the jeep. But Kris retaliated by firing his Tommy gun over their heads, forcing the woman to stop.

“NOT ANOTHER STEP!” ordered the Sergeant.

The white figure stood still for a second, then her horn began to glow. As her horn glowed a bright gold, the same colored aura surrounded Kris’s Thompson. The weapon was yanked forward, and the Sergeant went with it. He let out a loud groan while he was pulled halfway across the steering wheel.

Kris held on and pulled as hard as he could, but the famous weapon was yanked from his grasp, causing him to fall back into the driver’s seat. He stared at the figure while his weapon floated toward her open hand. He furrowed his brow trying to figure out what just happened. As Dusty monitored the two figures in front of him, he felt something warm grab him by his shoulders, but before he could figure out who had him. He was pulled from the weapon, falling backwards in between the seats of his squad mates.

He looked at his friends trying to figure out who grabbed him. But he realized that Steven was still blind and Kris was staring at the white figure in front of them. Dusty adjusted himself to look over the hood of the jeep.

The white figure handed the Thompson to one of her soldiers, who took the weapon in her left hand. The powerful being began to approach the vehicle. Kris, being the smart soldier he is, slowly reached for his Colt 1911. He unclipped the button on the worn leather holster and slowly removed the weapon, once it was removed from its home, he placed in his lap.

Dusty saw his leaders move and adjusted himself so that he could grab the .50 when he had an opportunity. As the figure approached, Kris slowly cocked the hammer on the pistol and prepared for his attack. The figure passed the hood of the jeep; she was falling right for his trap.

Once she reached the mirror, Kris rose from his seat and grabbed her by the horn, forcefully pulling her head toward him, dragging her halfway across the hood. He shoved the pistol under her chin as he fell back into his seat, he stared daggers into her eyes as he said, “DON’T MOVE! OR I BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!” Dusty saw his opening and jumped for the massive machine gun. He grabbed the weapon by the handle, as he looked up he saw the two women jumping at him with balled up fists.

His eyes went wide at the site, but without thinking he gave the weapon a shove, causing it to spin. The two figures were surprised at the sudden attack. Being unable to stop their forward momentum both rammed into the massive spinning weapon, causing them to fall to each side of the jeep.

Dusty caught the weapon by the handle and stood up. Once he had the weapon, he pointed the massive barrel toward the figure on the right side of the jeep. He opened fire with the massive weapon, causing the stone road to shatter as the massive .50 caliber rounds impacted on the ground. The figure rolled out of the way at the incoming fire as it crept closer to her. She began to run behind the jeep while Dusty followed close behind. “GET SOME!” he screamed as a victorious smile crawled across his face.

But before Dusty could slaughter his enemy, the second figure grabbed him by the ankle and dragged him off of the jeep. He hit the ground with a loud thud, the sudden impact knocked the wind out of him, causing him to moan in pain, he opened his eyes to see a balled up fist aimed right for his head. Immediately he rolled out of the way, his opponents fist hit the ground with a loud thud, causing the stone to shatter immediately.

Dusty rose to his feet and reached inside his pockets. He wrapped his brass knuckles around his fingers and took his boxing stance. The second figure joined in and took her fighting stance. “Good thing I took all them boxing lessons!” said Dusty with a hushed whisper..

The figure that dragged him off the jeep went for the first attack. She unleased a volley of rapid punches at Dusty’s face. He dodged left and right, successfully avoiding every attack. When she went for a powerful right hook, Dusty ducked and took this opening to strike. With a powerful thrust, he forced his right fist into the stomach of his assailant, knocking the wind out of her.

She stumbled away while the second assailant started her assault. She came at him just as fast as the first. Dusty ducked and dodged every hit, as he did his best to dodge the attack, the first figure joined in. She went low as her partner aimed high. He protected his head with his arms while his abdomen took most of the hits. He groaned at every hit, but the young soldier knew how to take a hit. The two soldiers backed off for a moment and stood up straight breathing heavily, while Dusty was slumped over holding his knees.

He took a deep breath and cleared his throat; he spit a large amount of phlegm onto the road. He stood up straight and wiped his mouth with his left sleeve. The two soldiers charged him in unison, each of them held up a massive fist, but they left themselves wide open for attack. Dusty took his opening and punched the girl to his left in the head with a powerful right hook, causing her to stumble to the side. He quickly recovered and swung a heavy left hook at the second assailant. His fist connected with her helmet, making a loud thud, she stumbled at the hit, thinking quickly Dusty grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her into a headlock.

The other soldier recovered and looked at her teammate. “MAUD!” she screamed in a panic.

“Don’t move… or I break her neck!” screamed Dusty while he struggled with the captive.

Kris continued to stare into the eyes of his target; he heard Dusty behind him but watched his target. Steven had grabbed his head early on and ducked behind the dash of the jeep, making sure to make himself as small as possible.

“CALL OF YOUR TROOPS!” order Kris.

“You are making a grave mistake,” answered the woman.

“I SAID CALL OFF YOUR TROOPS YOU FITHY NAZI BITCH!” barked Kris.

“DID YOU REALLY THINK THAT SOMBRA WOULD GET AWAY WITH THIS!?!” barked the leader of the squad that had remained still in front of the jeep.

“WHO THE FUCK IS SOMBRA!?!” screamed Kris, wanting to know what he and his men had gotten into.

“Are you not one of King Sombra’s soldiers?” asked the restrained woman.

“What? No!” answered Kris out of confusion. “Are you not one of those Nazi experiments we’ve heard so much about?”

“What’s a Nazi?” asked Dusty’s captive in a monotone voice.

Kris though about what had just been asked between him and his captive. As the hamster in his head began to work on overdrive, he put two and two together. Since when did Nazi’s have horns and wings? And since when did they have such large eyes? that and their armor looks nothing like the German uniforms. And who would bring shields and spears into a war that has been fought with guns since the beginning.

He looked his captive in the eyes and opened his mouth, “Uh… I think we have a misunderstanding here.”

“How so?” asked his captive.

“Here… if I let you go, will you tell your troops to drop their weapons so we can talk about this?” he asked, hoping to figure out what was going on.

His captive looked at him, then over to Dusty, and finally at Steven, then back to Kris, “Lieutenant, drop your weapons,” she ordered her officer.

“But we can’t trust-” retaliated the soldier, but was cut off by the white woman.

“Lieutenant!”

The Lieutenant dropped her head and let out a loud and angry huff. “Everyone… stand down,” mumbled the soldier.

No one reacted until she screamed it again, “I said stand down!”

The troops to the side of her took a more relaxed stance, while the other soldier near Dusty began to relax. Kris turned his head over his left shoulder but didn’t take his eyes off of his captive. “Private, release her.”

“But sir!” retaliated the young Private.

“That’s an order!” barked the Sergeant out of frustration.

Dusty let out an angry huff and released his hostage, who stumbled forward into her teammates embrace. The couple fell to the ground while Dusty began to back away, but he kept his eyes locked on them and fists clenched. Kris turned his head back to his captive and released her horn as he lowered the pistol. She slowly rose up and pushed her way off of the jeep.

Kris climbed out and stood in front of the white woman. He griped his pistol harder making sure she didn’t try to take this one too. The two leaders stared at each other for what felt like an eternity.

The white figure eventually spoke up, “Who are you?”

“An American fighting man,” replied Kris.

They stood there once again. Kris stared at his opponent, Dusty watched the two soldiers in front of him while Steven “looked” around trying to figure out what was happening.

“You have an injured trooper, let us help,” said the white figure.

“How do I know that I can trust you with my man?” asked Kris, feeling uneasy about the situation.

“I think we should kill them right now!” barked the squad leader.

“Lieutenant!” screamed the figure, while looking over her shoulder.

She turned back and looked at Kris who stood still like a statue.

“My name is Princess Celestia,” said the figure, “May I ask what yours is?”

“How do we know you’re not a filthy Nazi?” screamed Dusty.

“She has a horn and wings you idiot! What Nazi has a pair of wings and a horn?” screamed Kris out of frustration.

Kris looked back at Celestia, “My name is Sergeant Kris Rian, of the United States First Infantry Division, 16th Infantry Regiment,” Kris turned to look at his injured teammate, “That’s Lance Corporal Steven Haynes,” he turned to his left and pointed over his right shoulder with his service pistol, “And that’s Private Dustin Cox, we just call him Dusty.” He turned back to the Princess.

She stepped to the side to allow Kris to see the troops behind her, “The one in the middle is Lieutenant Rainbow Dash, Commander of the Wonderbolts 3rd Aerial Assault Division, to her right is Sergeant Fleetfoot, and to her left is Sergeant Rapidfire,” Celestia returned to her original position, “And those two are Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie, Captains of my 2nd Ground Assault Division.”

Kris looked back at the two women. Dusty slowly backed up to his squad leader. The men didn’t know what to think. Not only did their looks confuse the men but the names didn’t seem right. Steven began to turn his head in various directions trying to figure out what is happening to his friends.

“Sir what’s going on?” he asked.

“It’s alright Corporal,” replied the Sergeant.

“Are we going to die?” asked Steven on the verge on panicking.

“No were not,” said Kris, trying to reassure his friend.

Kris slowly holstered his pistol and closed the leather flap. He reluctantly took a step forward, but was stopped by a hand on his lefts

shoulder. Dusty leaned to his friends ear and whispered, “Sir what are you doing?”

I have no idea,” whispered Kris.

Dusty released his friends shoulder, allowing the Sergeant to walk forward. He reluctantly walked forward, Dusty tensed up, making sure that if his friend was hurt, he’d come out swinging. Celestia’s troops began to tense up as the young man approached their ruler.

Once Kris was within arm’s reach he looked the ruler in the eyes. He tightened his lips and began to shuffle them from side to side. The ruler just stood there and looked at the young man. He took a deep breath through his nose and looked away from the ruler, “I’m probably making a big mistake,” he said.

He looked back at her, “Okay I’ll admit we need help; and I can tell that you don’t look like any Nazi’s.”

He stuck his hand out, Celestia looked at it for a moment, but stuck hers out as well she grabbed it as the two enemies became allies. They shook hands for a moment before releasing them. Celestia looked back at her troops, “Sergeant Fleetfoot, Sergeant Rapidfire, help out their wounded soldier.”

“Yes ma’am,” replied the two troopers in unison.

They ran past their commander and up to the still running jeep, “It’s alright son were here to help you,” said Fleetfoot, as she and her

partner put down their spears and shields.

“S-sir?” asked the wounded man.

“It’s alright Corporal, their friendly,” said Kris, reassuring his wounded friend.

Dusty walked up and joined his friend while the Lieutenant joined her leader. She took off her helmet revealing her head and face. Kris noticed part of her left ear was missing and she had a nice scare over her left eye, but Dusty notice something different.

“When the hell did they let women into the military?” he said chuckling.

Dash heard his remark and without thinking, she punched him right in the jaw. Dusty’s head jerked back as he grabbed his now bleeding nose. “Awe son of a bitch! What the hell was that for?!”

Dash stared daggers at him.

“Lieutenant!” screamed Celestia.

“Eh, he deserved it,” said Kris with a smile.

“That’s what you get!” screamed Rainbow.

Pinkie and Maud walked up behind the two men; Maud grabbed Dusty by the jaw and began to look at his bloody nose. “Hey what the hell?” asked Dusty wanting to know what she was doing.

“It doesn’t appear to be broken,” she said with that monotone voice of hers.

She released him and removed her helmet. Pinkie did the same, and both looked at their new allies. Dusty continued to hold his bloody face while he looked at the two women. He rolled his eyes as he began to walk to the still running jeep. “What a day,” he deadpanned.

After Sergeants Fleetfoot and Rapidfire pulled Steven from the jeep, they each crawled under one of his arms, helping him stand. The two women and one man joined the group. Dusty shut off the jeep and rejoined the group.

Kris took a moment to look around at the town he was in. “So… it’s pretty obvious were not in France,” he said.

“You are in Canterlot, the capitol city of Equestria,” replied Celestia.

“Yeah were no longer in France,” replied Kris.

“Sir, I don’t think were anywhere close to France,” replied Dusty.

“What is this France you speak of?” asked Celestia.

“It’s a country in Europe, and one we’re currently fighting for,” replied Kris.

“How so?” asked Fleetfoot.

“The world is at war, and it’s our job as soldiers to end it,” replied Kris while looking at the solder that’s currently holding his friend.

“War? With who?” asked Celestia.

Kris turned back to Celestia, “Germany, and a man named Hitler, he wants total world domination.”

“Well King Sombra wants the same thing,” said Celestia.

“Who’s King Sombra?” asked Dusty.

“A ruthless King that wants to enslave all of pony kind,” replied Maud.

Dusty looked at her, he was completely lost for two reasons, one she said pony kind, and two. “Do you not have emotions at all?” he asked. ‘How she can be so calm?’ he wondered.

“I’m pretty happy right now,” she said, once again with no expression.

“Ooookay then,” replied Dusty, as he looked away from her.

“Anyway, let’s get you boys back to camp, you can have a hot meal and we can look at Corporal Steven here,” said Celestia.

“I think that’s a good idea,” replied the Sergeant.

Author's Note:

I don't know this chapter seemed to be lacking for me, I liked it all they way to the fight, from there I think it got a little weak. hope I can make it up in the next chapter.
I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, and if you haven't already figured out what Celestia, Dash and the Pie sisters are doing in the military, than you really need to watch the season 5 finale.