• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 291 Views, 1 Comments

Final Flashlight - Neroson40

  • ...
 1
 291

Devil

Flash Sentry

The three of us landed in the middle of a field of flowers. Not one of them was alive. The sky was blotted out by a greyish-red smog that seemed to be coming from a destroyed castle on the side of a mountain… wait… that’s where Canterlot should be.

“What has she done!?” I asked Flash and Medica. “Why didn’t Celestia or Luna stop her!?”

“They tried,” Medica said. “It didn’t end well for either of them.” I had to cover my mouth in horror. The immortal Princesses of Equestria couldn’t even survive her… what chance did I have? I voiced this fear.

“I gathered a variety of sword-based styles over the years,” Flash said. “I can’t bring myself to use one of them against the Zero Queen… but the Devil Style can grant a healing factor.”

“Then why do you need me? I don’t have that yet.”

“I got mine from the future too,” Flash said. “I know where to find it.”

We went to the remains of a small town surrounding a giant crystal tree stump… oh no… don’t tell me!
“Yeah,” Medica said. “Ponyville.”
I almost threw up. My home… Twilight’s home… my friends… what happened here!?
“It’s in the stump,” Flash said. We headed over to what was left of Twilight’s castle and found a red jacket.
“This is the Devil Soul?” I asked, very unimpressed.
“Yeah, just put it on,” Flash said. With a grain of salt I took the coat and put It on over my outfit… which I felt shift and change under the coat. I looked down when it stopped to see boots similar to Applejack’s (from Canterlot High) Denim pants a tank top, and a belt with a big silver buckle. Even Sinhunter had a different appearance. It was a double edged sword with a bone shaped hilt and half a motorcycle handle for a hilt. The scabbard was gone and it was hanging from a magnet strapped to my back with a bracer. There was something else on my belt, taking it out revealed what I learned in Canterlot High is called a Gun, and there was another on the other side.
“Heh, heh,” I chuckled putting the gun back. “I could get used to this!” I revved Sinhunter’s hilt and I felt a little heat from the blade, and when I swung it moved faster than I was used to. Thank goodness the only thing I was going for was the ground. Sparks flew from the impact.
“You seem to be enjoying yourself,” a voice said behind us. I turned around and saw Princess Cadence. She looked older, tired and scarred. Her warm smile was replaced by a stoic, glazed scowl. “Unfortunately we have no time or patience for cheer in this time… Good to see you Flash.”
“Princess Cadence!?” I exclaimed.
“Why are you in this time!?” Cadence asked. “We already have a Flash Sentry who killed my husband, we don’t need another.”
“I’m here to set you free.” I said seriously.


Pinkie Pie

I couldn’t get away from that song. And that only added to the madness. Floating chunks of earth, pink sky and clouds, chocolate rain (which was probably the best part of the walk home), and random popcorn explosions (though I couldn’t even touch that if I tried). There were even some parts that felt like I was wading through cake and frosting was floating over the town. Speaking of which, it looked like the town was set on more of the floating islands and when I looked down into the chasm below… I saw more of the pink sky. There was a flapping of wings and a flutter of butterfly scales… and then… I woke up in Fluttershy’s cottage with Twilight, Rainbow Dash and, of course, Fluttershy.

“What happened?” I asked. “I remember floating islands over a pink sky, a ground made of cake and… somepony constantly singing ‘what is love?’”

“You ate the mushroom didn’t you?” Dashy asked.

“So? It looked tasty!” everypony in the room sighed.

“Did you at least confirm that he was meeting somepony for legitimate reasons?” Twilight asked.

“What?” She used smaller to explain. “Oh! Yeah, but I can’t remember the reasons.”

“Why did you eat that mushroom?” Twilight said in exasperation.

“The author wanted a drug trip in this story.” Everyone just stared at me and a baseball flew through the window and hit me in the head. There was something written on it.

“Don’t do that! G.S.”



Flash Sentry

Flash and I were at the ruins of Canterlot Castle. Even with the training I got with the Devil Soul (it was amazing what this form could do) I still didn’t think that I had it in me to kill the Zero Queen.

“You ready for this kid?” Flash said.

“Not at all,” I responded. I walked up to the door and kicked it down. Pulled out my guns and looked around for any sign of the Zero Queen. There was a slight shadowy movement behind a smashed-in-half throne. And then I saw her face.

“Hello, Twilight,” I said. She didn’t say anything, instead reaching to cup my face with her hooves. I felt a sharp pain in my chest as she impaled me on a giant stinger. She launched it towards the far wall. With me on it. “You improved your distraction methods…” I said as I pulled myself off the wall. Something in me snapped when I saw her full form. It was a giant bloated insectoid with wings and eight legs, all grey and purple. “Whoa… you let yourself go!” I said with a crazy smile. She let out a loud roar and started stabbing at me with those insectoid legs, which I used to jump off and around like I was high on caffeine. When I finally landed on a ledge in one of the walls she came face to face with me, looking very angry and roared at me. “Whooee,” I said. “And your breath ain‘t much better!” I revved Sinhunter and slashed through the nearby legs in a fluid, circular motion, as she flew away. I pulled out my guns (which I named after Celestia and Luna) and started firing at her. I noticed a red glimmer in one of the bullet holes. It took me a while to realize that glimmer was from something I myself tried to make once. The Alicorn King’s Rock… otherwise known as the Philosopher’s Stone. It took that realization to snap me out of this battle hype.

“What did they do to you!?” I asked for no reason other than to ask. I was so distracted by the stone that I didn’t notice a green glowing stinger. When Flash (in his own Devil Soul) jumped in the way of it, blocking it’s path to me, I realized that it was Twilight’s method of Killing Celestia and Luna. Now furious I revved Sinhunter up three times and spun it around me whilst spinning around the body of the Zero Queen. When I found the stone… I fired a bullet straight through it before slashing it with Sinhunter, shattering it.

“Kid…” Flash said as I laid them next to each other. “I should’ve told you this sooner, but when I did this… the future me didn’t save me from that.”

“Then… why are you dying just now!?”I asked.

“I caught it… Last time… I guess we succeeded… in making that Alternate Timeline now.”

“No! Don’t you die on me!”

“It’s too late kid…” he smiled at me, then whinced, the smiled at Twilight. “I only have one regret anyway…”

“What’s that!?”

He looked at me very seriously. “Don’t… let Twilight… try… to study… the Alicorn King’s Rock... Destroy it, when you get the chance!”

Author's Note:

Yes most of Flash's actions and attire were inspired by Dante from Devil May Cry.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment