• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 291 Views, 1 Comments

Final Flashlight - Neroson40

  • ...
 1
 291

Decision

Flash Sentry

“Mr. Sentry? Why do you look like that?” the doctor asked. I realized I was still human, but decided to stay that way until I was sure the delivery was done with.

“No important reason,” I said. “Is the foul okay?”

“It’s a boy,” the nurse said.

“Healthy as can be,” the doctor said. “What’re you gonna name him?”

“Aside from the fact that he goes back in time and all that, I always wanted a kid named Inferno Gateway.” Twilight smiled at the point but didn’t say anything. When I exited the room, I tried to change back… but something was keeping me from being a pony… then I remembered the Harmony Bracer. I just wheeled Twilight out to the waiting room with young Inferno snuggled to her chest.

Everypony was surrounding Cadence and Twilight in the common room. Shining, Soarin, Ironsparks, Glacier and I were keeping our distance from the group to have a bit of a chat, I asked where my future self went and Ironsparks said he went to the bathroom. I didn’t buy it, and would’ve asked further but out of nowhere (at least it seemed like it anyway), Shining stopped shooting the breeze and asked the most embarrassing question you will ever hear you marefriend’s brother say.

“You told me that Twilight *Beep*-ed you in her sleep to make Inferno, right?” the guys all looked at him funny and then started laughing.

“Don’t. Remind. Me,” I said. “That was the strangest morning of my life, and considering we live in a land populated by talking ponies and various mythological monsters that’s saying a lot… why are you bringing this up!?”

“ Well, back to that night… Can you make me a promise?”

“Does it involve Inferno’s sister?”

“Wait did I hear you right?” Glacier asked. “Inferno’s sister!?” I told them about the meeting with Medica.
“Okay…” Shinign said. “Anyway, when that time does roll around… can you make sure it’s the right time for her?”

“I thought you said you trusted me,” I said with a smirk.

“I do. But she’s my sister, and I can’t be too careful in that regard.”

“I’d punch you right now, if I didn’t think it’d be animal abuse,” I said with a smirk. “Alright, Pinkie Promise.” I did the motions for the Pinkie Promise with my finger. I noticed Medica in the corner of the room. “I should go. Soarin, tell Twilight I had a meeting.”

“Should I tell her with whom?” he asked.

“Yeah, go ahead,” I left them there, and followed Medica out to the Everfree Forest.


Medica was in a clearing when I caught up with her.

“So, you plan on telling me where the elements are?” I asked almost like a joke.

“First you have to promise me something…” I waited, mentally willing her to continue. “Even if you do forge the Alternate Timeline, my future will still be infested with Zeros, and there will always be more until someone kills the Queen.” She turned around and with a serious face finished her thought. “You need to kill the Queen. Before you come back I’ll tell you where the Elements of Harmony are.” It took me a while to realize this, but she looked almost as old as, if not older than Inferno.
“Who’s the queen?” I asked. She looked away. “Who’s. The Queen!?” I repeated more sternly.
“Somepony beyond saving, unfortunately,” a voice said from the shadows. “And I love that somepony to much to just leave her like that.” Future Flash trotted out of the shadows. I got what he meant immediately. I didn’t want to believe it, they had to be punking me right? No they were dead serious. This was hard to come to grips with what he was saying. It hurt… but I knew what I had to do. With watery eyes… I gave them my answer.
“Alright… I’ll… help.” I said weakly. My heart was pounding as I lied both to myself and to my daughter and, uh, myself, saying it would be okay.
“Are you sure you can handle this?” Medica asked. I could still back out right?
“I-I have to.” No I couldn’t


Pinkie Pie

I couldn’t believe this. Twilgiht told me to follow Flash and see if Soarin was being honest about that Medica Pony. But now… what would I tell Twilight? She was one of if not my best friend I was thinking about this when I stumbled on a mushroom. My tummy was rumbling and the mushroom did look tasty. What? I like mushrooms on my heyburgers! Sue me! So I took a chomp of the Mushroom before falling asleep. I woke up to the sound of somepony shouting/singing “what is love!? Baby, don’t hurt me! Don’t hurt me! No More!”

Author's Note:

If you've played "Don't Eat the Mushroom" from Knytt's Story, you know what i'm doing.