• Published 22nd Dec 2015
  • 862 Views, 0 Comments

A Knight in Saddle Arabia - Nocturn Dreamwrite



A Saddle Arabian My Little Pony story. Down south in Saddle Arabia, an Arabian Princess finds herself lost on the Low Side of town. Only with the help of a tinker and his assistant can she escape the Viper, and return home.

  • ...
 0
 862

Chapter 2: A So-Called Date

A Knight in Saddle Arabia

By: Nocturn Dreamwrite

Chapter 2: A So-Called Date


Princess Felicity ran all the way back to her chambers, and threw herself on her bed where she wept for a long time. Finally, there was a small knock on the door.

Felicity struggled between her sobs to just say, “Yes?”

The door opened and in stepped the servant mare, Faith.

“Princess?” Faith asked. “Are you all right?”

“Yes I’m…,” Felicity began, but then she lost her strength, “No, No I’m not all right!,” she cried as she began sobbing again.

“Oh you poor dear,” said Faith. She quickly entered the room, and joined Felicity on the bed. She nestled close to her mistress and cradled Felicity’s head in her hooves.

“Tell me dear, what’s the matter?” Faith asked.

“Father has already arranged for me to marry Prince Blueblood!” cried Felicity.

“What!?” asked Faith, shocked.

“But I don’t want to! You know what a horrible pony he is! My life will be a nightmare and there’s nothing I can do about it!” Felicity said between sobs.

“You poor filly,” said Faith. “You’ve been hurt. Go right ahead and cry. I’m so, so sorry to hear that Princess.”

Felicity cried until she had no tears left. Then she just laid her head on Faith’s lap while Faith gently brushed her mane with her hoof.

“Feeling better dear?” asked Faith.

“No, not really,” said Felicity. “I have no more tears, but my fate still awaits me.”

Felicity then lifted her head and turned to Faith. “Thank you Faith,” she said as she wiped her eyes. “You’ve always been a good friend to me. I can’t tell you how much your kindness means to me, especially now. Thank you.”

“My pleasure, Princess,” said Faith, “I am always here for you, and don’t worry. I’m sure everything will be all right.”
Felicity smiled, and hugged her friend. That helped, she began to feel better.

Two days later, Prince Blueblood arrived in Saddle Arabia. He came riding in a luxuriously decorated carriage pulled by servants and surrounded by guards. He made quite a spectacle as he paraded past all the ponies of Saddle Arabia. Among the crowd were Sandy Pipe and Butter Hooves.

“Well isn’t he just the peacock,” said Sandy as he caught a glimpse of Blueblood lounging in his carriage as it passed by.

“Yeah, you’re right. You’re absolutely right Master,” agreed Butter.

The parade continued on until it reached the palace. The gates were opened and they closed once Blueblood’s train was inside. Apparently Blueblood hadn’t noticed that not a single pony he passed had applauded or cheered for him.
. . .

When Prince Blueblood arrived at the Royal Palace, everything and every pony was ready and waiting for him. It didn’t take long for both the servants and the royal family to develop a negative opinion of him. When he arrived, the entire court of Saddle Arabia was in the throne room to greet him. The Maharaja Sphinx was on his throne, his wife to his right, and Princess Felicity to his left, but with a space of distance between her and her father. Everything that Felicity had heard and believed about Blueblood turned out to be absolutely true. When Blueblood entered the throne room, he carried himself with hefty bold and egotistical attitude. When he was before the Maharaja, he didn’t bow, he barely glanced at Sphinx before turning his attention elsewhere while saying “Oh, hello, desert king,” after Sphinx had formally welcomed him to his court. Ordinarily, Sphinx wouldn’t have tolerated this kind of attitude. But 1,000 years of tradition, and the knowledge that this was the only available prince left in Equestria forced him to keep silent and still. Blueblood then went right on asking if his accommodations were ready, and if his demands had been taken care of. All had been, and he was just about to leave, when Sphinx spoke again.

“Prince Blueblood,” called Sphinx.

“Yes?” asked Blueblood turning back around.

“I would like you to meet my daughter, Princess Felicity.” Sphinx said as he motioned toward Felicity and then motioned for her to advance.

Reluctantly, Felicity walked toward Blueblood, and when she was in front of him she bowed and held out her hoof. Instead of returning her bow and kissing her hoof though, Blueblood simply shook it and said “Oh yeah, right, nice to meet you. I’ll see you tomorrow I’m sure for some kind of courting or something.” He then turned and departed for his chambers (to which the servants were at that moment hauling his very heavy quantity, of luggage) leaving a very perplexed court, an insulted Maharaja, and a forlorn princess.
. . .

The next morning Felicity, waited in an open carriage for Blueblood. He was taking his dear sweet time getting ready as usual, and thus making a lady wait. The tradition of courting was to begin today, another old custom that a princess was required to do. Basically it was just two weeks of mandatory dating. Dating might have been more exciting if she could do it at her free will, like every other mare in the kingdom, but when it was mandatory, the enjoyment was practically taken away. She would simply have to make the best of it, even though there wasn’t much to work with.

Finally, Blueblood arrived and the carriage set off with two guards at the front pulling forward and a servant. The palace gates were opened, and they passed through into High Street, and then down Main Street until they reached the merchant sector, and then turned toward the city gate. They passed through, and were soon heading toward their destination: a hill not far outside of the city with an oasis at the top. All the while Blueblood complained about the heat, and how it was bad for his complexion.
It wasn’t long before they reached the hill and the guards pulled them to the top. Once there, the servant found a clean, comfortable spot of land with several trees for shade, and laid out the picnic lunch that had been prepared, and set up Blueblood’s folding chair that he insisted on taking. Blueblood was soon resting comfortably, munching on whatever he pleased, while Felicity simply laid down of the ground close by quietly. After a while, Felicity tried to start a conversation.

“So, Blueblood, how is life in Canterlot?” asked Felicity.

“It’s fine,” said Blueblood simply. “Why?”

“Oh I was just curious?” said Felicity.

“Curiosity kills cats,” said Blueblood.

Felicity rolled her eyes. She had heard that one many times before.

Felicity tried again. “So,” she asked, “Do you have many friends in Equestria?”

“I do not have friends,” said Blueblood, “I only have servants, and they all call me ‘your royal highness.’”

“What an overblown ego,” said Felicity to herself, “Just like I heard.”

Felicity tried again anyway although she was running out of conversation starters. “So, how are you enjoying the weather?” she asked.

“That’s a rather personal question don’t you think?” said Blueblood, as he closed his eyes.

“Now that’s just plain rude,” said Felicity to herself, but she decided to ignore his comment. She sat quietly for a while tiring to think of what else she could say before she began again.

“Blueblood?” Felicity asked.

She was answered by a snore. She took a closer look at Blueblood and notice that he was fast asleep in his chair.

“Oh well,” said Felicity. She stood up and walked back to the carriage. She climbed in, and leaned back trying to piece together her situation. The servant walked over and asked her if there was anything he could do for her. “No thank you Swift,” she answered. Swift walked back to the tree where he’d been standing. The guards were there too. They had unharnessed themselves from the carriage so that they could rest and check over their armor. Felicity sighed and began to doze off herself. Her first date and it was already terrible.

“I do wish something would happen,” Felicity whispered quietly to herself. “Anything.”

Coincidentally, it was at that moment that the wind began to pick up, and a particularly strong gust of wind began to push the carriage until it was rolling on its own with Felicity in it! The guards noticed this, and tried to catch the carriage but it was too late, the carriage was already rolling down the hill.

The moving of the carriage roused Felicity. “That’s funny,” She though to herself. “It feels like we’re moving.” Then it occurred to her, “The carriage is moving!” She opened her eyes and looked around. The carriage was barreling backwards down the hill, and there was no pony driving! She turned around. The carriage was heading back towards the city, but at such a terrific speed that it could crash with disastrous results!

“Help!” Felicity called looking back at the top of the hill, but Swift, the guards and Blueblood were left far behind.

It was just after this happened that Blueblood also roused from his sleep. He liked the cool wind he was feeling.

“You know what would make this moment even better?” He mumbled to himself. He opened his eyes and looked where he had last seen Felicity. She was gone.

“Well, what do you know,” Blueblood said smugly to himself. “My wish came true.”