• Published 24th Dec 2015
  • 1,606 Views, 15 Comments

The Legend of Zelda - Equestria's Saviour - YoshiBrony6



Link finds himself in Equestria after being summoned by Princess Luna to help with the Changeling Invasion.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,606

Arrival

The Legend of Zelda – Equestria’s Saviour
(This is set after the events of Ocarina of Time)
Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic or The Legend of Zelda.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Arrival.
Link trudged through the Lost Woods, hoping to find his partner. Navi had left after he’d saved Hyrule from Ganondorf and been crowned the Hero of Time, and Link wanted to be with his old friend again.

“Hey.” A quiet voice called out.

Link looked left and right, up and down, anywhere. Just as he thought it was all his imagination, there it was again.

“Hey.”

“Navi?” Link called out.

“Link!” The voice replied. Link immediately started running through the forest in hopes of finding his partner again. He kept running until he came to a ravines edge. He peered through the fog and saw a mystical blue light.

“Link!” Navi called again. This time, it was much closer.

“Navi, is that you?” Link asked from across the gap.

A sigh of relief could be heard. “Link, I’m just across here. Something is keeping me from going to your side. It’s like something has got a hold of me.”

Link had to think on this one. Longshot? No. Boomerang? No.

“Navi, I’m gonna try and jump it.” The boy said to the fairy.

“What?! No! You might not make it!”

“I have to try.”

With that, Link moved back to get a running start. When he thought he had enough room, he started running. He kept running until he reached the edge of the ravine.

Link jumped, soaring through the air. He reached the apex of his jump and gravity took effect. Link kept moving towards the other side until he hit something.

All of a sudden, Link just stopped moving. It was like there was some force that was keeping him from reaching Navi. Slowly, he started falling.

Further…

Further…

Further…

“LINK!” Navi shrieked. With a sudden burst of unknown power, Navi broke free. She dashed forward to catch up to her partner and friend.

Out of nowhere, a portal appeared, taking Link with it. Navi put on a burst of speed and made it inside before it could close.





In the Lost Woods, there was silence once more.

*-------*-------*

In the Canterlot Throne room, a portal opened above Princess Celestia’s throne. A bipedal creature clad in green fell through, armed with sword and shield. Shortly after, a blue, ethereal parasprite followed. The guards that were in the process of blocking the doors threw their attention onto the newcomers. Unable to leave their posts, they had to watch from a distance.

The guard’s job? To prevent the Changelings from making their way to the Princess, that was all they had to do. The Princess stood up from her throne and moved to the new creatures.

“That spell was supposed to summon a great warrior! Not whatever this thing is!” She exclaimed in outrage. They were in the middle of an invasion, her sister, Celestia, had been captured at the wedding of Shining Armour and Princess Cadance by the Changeling Queen, Chrysalis. She needed to summon a warrior to assist them, and all she got was a small biped! Stupid summoning spells.

There was a groan in the room. The biped was stirring in its sleep. With a start, it opened its eyes and looked around.

*Link’s POV*

Link opened his eyes, expecting to be dead. Instead, he found himself in a white, marble room. Looking around more, he saw what looked like horses in armour barring doors. No, they were too small to be horses, maybe ponies? They looked like they were ready to pounce on him should a make an aggressive move. Looking to his side, he saw the ocarina of time secured on his belt along with something… blue?

His eyes widened. “Navi?” He asked quietly.

He got an equally quiet response, “That would be me.”

Link smiled “Navi!” He said again, this time much louder. He scooped up the fairy in his arms and gave her a hug.

“Link! There are others looking!” Navi complained.

“I don’t care. I haven’t seen you in forever!” Link countered.

“How about we catch up later?”

“Fine.”

The two made a move to stand, and in Navi’s case float, but found they were restricted by a dark blue aura. Link could only turn his head, and so he did.

Right into the face of a midnight blue pony.

It made some noises, most likely trying to communicate with him, but he couldn’t understand.

“Uhh, Navi? Think you could try to communicate with this pony?” The boy asked his partner.

“I’ll give it a try.” Navi responded. She then seemed to switch languages and converse with this pony in front of them. After a while, they stopped.

“Well?” Link asked, “What’d it say.”

“She said a couple of things. Most important being her name, which is Luna. She’s also a Princess alongside her sister who is currently captured by Changelings. She’s going to cast a translation spell on us in 3… 2… 1…”

“Greetings creature. My name is Princess Luna, co-ruler of Equestria. Your friend here tells me that you are considered a hero. Explain this to me.” The Princess said.

“Uhh, sure. My name is Link and I come from the land of Hyrule. There I am considered the Hero of Time after saving the land from a tyrant looking for power.”

“Forgive me if I find this hard to believe.”

“Would you like me to prove this?” Link asked with a smirk.

“…Very much so. You will go up against three of our best guards. Moonlight, Dark Shadow and Stalker, please step forward.” The three whose names were called stepped forward. “Please test this Link’s skill.”

The three nodded to their Princess and looked to their opponent.

Link was rummaging through his inventory, looking for items he could use.

Fairy Slingshot, Deku Nuts and Boomerang. That’ll do.

“Ready” Link said with a nod.

Moonlight charged towards Link, only to have him jump to the side, no weapons drawn. Stalker took to the air and attempted to dive bomb the boy. Link dived forward and rolled to regain his footing. Still no weapons drawn. Dark Shadow charged up a spell to fire off at Link, the small hero threw a Deku Nut at him. This blinded everyone in the room and Link was able to change his Deku Shield out for his Mirror Shield. His Goron Bracelet allowed him to wield the shield like he would with his Deku Shield. Before the flash could wear off, Link darted behind one of the pillars.

With the pillars being close together, this gave Link a plan.

He took out his slingshot and shot a seed at Moonlight. The seed bounced off her armour and she looked over in his direction. Quickly diving to another pillar, he once again shot his slingshot. This time hitting Dark Shadow. The unicorn slowly made his way over to the pillar where Link once was. Acting quickly, Link used one more seed to hit Stalker, who immediately flew to the pillar. This made them all group together closely. Using Farore’s Wind, Link made it to the middle of the group, who each looked startled to see him appear suddenly. Link drew his sword and shield and quickly charged up a spin attack before they could recover. Just before the three guards pounced on him, Link released the attack and sent the guards flying. Each being injured and knocked unconscious from hitting their heads hard against the wall.

Link walked back in front of Luna.

“Now what do you think, Princess?”

Luna gave a nod. After getting over her shock from seeing her best three guards being knocked out by a child. “You will do very nicely.”

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoy this story. This is my first time writing the action/adventure sort of stuff so please tell me how I did. There will be some more fighting next chapter, so stay tuned.