• Published 23rd Dec 2015
  • 2,553 Views, 14 Comments

Tactics of Chaos. - Selene Moonlilly



The tactician from Fire Emblem: Awakening finds himself in Equestria.

  • ...
5
 14
 2,553

Chapter 2: Nightmares or memories?

Author's Note:

So here it is the next chapter to mlp tactics. I know this took so long to get out and I am sorry about that. But I promise to get the next one out sooner.:twilightblush:
So let me know what you think and I appreciate you spending you time reading this.:pinkiehappy:

"Crow, Griffin rider behind you!" I heard somebody shout at me as I engaged a myrmidon in battle. Thinking quickly, I pushed back the myrmidon and ducked. I felt the wind pass over my head and looked up to see that my opponent was decapitated by the ax of said Griffin rider.

"Tuz do ven vaaz dii paal wah Dinok!" I chanted while pointing at the Griffin's wings. As I finished chanting, a pair of green wind blades appeared and flew straight at the Griffin. The blades hit its wings and severed them as the Griffin flew over the cliff. The Griffin and its rider fell to their deaths far below.

"Well, that's the last of them. Now we can get the kidnapped children back home to their families." I said to myself. As I turned around to thank the person who warned me about the rider, I stopped in my tracks. I was in a forest that was on fire. As I looked around at the forest, I heard a moaning sound coming from behind me. I turned to look at the source of the said sound and saw three bandits with bronze axes, though something seemed off about their movements. Before I could figure out what was off, two of them charged at me. I barely had enough time to get my sword up to block one ax. While holding the ax at bay, I held my free hand out in front of the other bandit's face and chant, "Qo dwiirok zeim dii hokoron." As soon as the incantation left my mouth, a big blast of lightning shot out of my hand and blasted his head off.

Pushing the other bandit away from me, 'Quick what spell to use?' I thought to myself. 'Wait that's perfect' "Yolos zu'u bolog hi ag pah wo kriist nau daar sik." I chanted out while moving my hand in a circle. I finished the spell just in time as the bandit charged me again not detecting the red glowing runes that laid on the ground before me. As he stepped on the runes, their magic activated and summoned a pillar of flames that incinerated him. "Okay that's two of them, now where is the last one?" I muttered to myself as I looked around for the last bandit. "Let's see if I was planning on attacking myself, where would I strike from?" As I pondered that, I turned my back to the flames and I heard an odd sound from behind me. "Iiz alok nol su ahrk spaan zu'u!" I instinctively chanted not a moment too soon, as I felt an impact on the ice that formed around me as I cast the spell. “Well, that was close. Hmm, it seems that I almost made a fatal mistake by over estimating my opponent's ability to strategize." I mulled out loud to myself. "It's like they can't think of anything but attacking things right in front of them, almost like an enraged beast."

“Hold on fair maiden, I will dispatch of this foul monster for you!” A voice said from outside my ice shield as it melted. I heard the sound a bow being drawn and released followed by the sound of an arrow sinking into flesh. As the last bit of ice disappeared I was greeted with the sight of a light blue haired man looking at me with a charming smile. “Are you hurt milady?” He asked as he held out his hand.

“ No, I seemed to have avoided taking any wounds,” I answered him as I reached out to shake his hand. But to my surprise and embarrassment, he lifted my hand up to his lips and kissed it.

“Ah, it gladdens my heart that no pain had befallen such a peerless beauty such as yourself. Perchance I might request the name of the angel that has stolen my heart?” He asked which caused me to blush even more. But before I could answer I heard another voice come out of the woods behind me.

“Maya. Maya where are you? If you can hear me speak up.” As I turned around to answer the voice my surroundings changed once more. I looked around and realized that I was on a ship. Not only that but all across the horizon there were burning ships.

“Dear Naga! It’s as if the sea itself is on fire!” a voice next to me exclaimed. “ A navy numbering one million people defeated without a single loss on our side. Remind me not to go against you on the battlefield.”

As I looked out at the destruction I could hear the cries of pain coming from the inferno as people burned to death. I looked at the other people on the boat that I am on and all I saw was fear. I sighed and made my way to the back of the ship and sat down my back resting against the railing of the ship. I heard footsteps making their way to my position. “They are right to fear me,” I said to the person as they came to a stop next to me.

“They trust you to get them out of this war alive.”

“No, they trust and believe in you not me. As their leader, you have shown time and again that you will risk your life for anyone of them and they love you for it. I, however, come off as cold and calculating only there to ensure that we win at any cost and that scares them.” I vented out at the person and then sighed again. “To them, I am an avatar of war without feeling or emotions and the worst part is I have to keep up that appearance to make them trust that I will get them through this war,” I said then looked at the person standing next to me. “One million people died in one of the worst ways possible. People with families and lives like us dead because of my strategies. For the sake of two hundred thousand people I basically massacred one million. These souls are on my consense threatening to break me yet I would do it all again to ensure that my friends stay alive. To save the few, I killed the many.” I sat there for a few minutes waiting for a response but none was forthcoming.

"So this is what your original body looked like. Discord wasn't wrong about you looking better as a pony. Hmm, in fact, let's fix that right now." said a malevolent voice, as everything around me turned dark.

"Who's there?" I asked the emptiness while trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness. I heard a chuckle coming from behind me. I turned around and saw two glowing, red eyes staring back at me. With a yelp, I fell to my flank and I then realized that I had six legs again.

"Well, that depends on who you ask. The Ponies call me, The Night Terror, the Griffins call me Dream Eater, and the minotaurs refer to me as Nightmare. But as to what I am that would be the embodiment of fear, and I must say, you are an excellent provider of fear." The voice said as the eyes got closer. ' Wait some of those names sound familiar. Now, where did I hear about them from', I thought as I pondered this mystery.

"Wait could you be the Nocnitsa? Hmm.. but if you are then that begs the question as to how you escaped from the dream stone that Starswirl supposedly trapped you in? Then again, as this is a dream, then you could just be a figment of my imagination? Hmm.. I wonder what a being, made of shadows, actually looks like. I mean, is that all you are? Shadows and glowing eyes? Or can you change your appearance at will to match a pony's fears?" I asked, kind of going on a tangent as question after question came to mind. "Also, that brings me to another question, do you need to eat ponies fear to live or does it just give you more pow..."

" SHUT UP!!!" The shadow entity yelled at me, rudely interrupting me mid sentence. "Let me get a word in before you ask another question. Yes, I am the Nocnitsa and the Dream stone only stops me from entering the consensus of ponies. I swear you are just like Clover the Clever with all the questions." The being said in exasperation.

"Um, if the dream stone stops you from entering ponies dreams, then how are you here?" I asked thoroughly confused. I looked around and all I saw was darkness so complete that there was no way I was in the real world. I was brought back from my musings by laughter coming from the Nocnitsa.

"Have you not figured it out yet? You are not a pony." It said while laughing. I looked at myself and then back at it with a disbelieving look on my face. "What, don't believe me? Well, that is your choice. Anyway, I am here to do a favor for Discord and leave before that self-appointed guardian of dreams finds me, so hold still while I force you to remember all of your last life." I felt a pressure in my head as images started to flash quickly before my eyes.

"Wake up. Checkmate please, wake up! " I heard a voice that sounded a lot like Miss Berry Shine's. As I looked around, the dream started falling apart.