• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 1,257 Views, 346 Comments

A Midnight Eclipse - SolarEclipse912



Solar Eclipse and Midnight Sky meet at Canterlot High and develop a surprisingly strong friendship, but could it be more?

  • ...
13
 346
 1,257

5: First Day: Part 2

7:44 AM: Canterlot High: Music Hallway

As the tour continues, Mise and Eclipse kept walking around. "And here is the recreational hallway, this is where the music room, art room, and gym are,"

"As long as I don't have to be in the gym, I'm fine." Eclipse said with a hint of worry in his tone.

Mise noticed this and decided to ask, "Why do you want to stay away from the gym? You do know it's a required course, right?"

Eclipse simply nodded, "Yeah, I know. Being in Crystal Prep has it's benefits though,"

"Like what?" Mise asked.

Eclipse chuckled a little, "As I'm sure you know, Crystal Prep tends to put their students to a more extreme level. The classes are much harder, gym class is ruthless, and all students are required to be at their peak physical and mental condition."

"Yeah, I already know that. I'm guessing you were a participant in the Friendship Games?"

He shook his head, "No. Cinch wanted me to, but I refused. Even though I went to Crystal Prep and loved the school, I couldn't go against my mother."

Mise got a little surprised, "Your mother works here? Who is she?"

Eclipse smirked, "Vice Principal Luna. She adopted me when I was 7 years old."

Mise nodded, "Ah, that explains it. I remember hearing from Fang that Luna had a daughter, and how she always missed her big brother."

Eclipse chuckled, "That's me. I'm Cynder's big brother." He said as he looked around. "I assume this concludes the tour?"

Mise nodded, "Yes. Now that we're finished, we should go back to the principal's office to pick up your schedule." Eclipse nodded. "Good. Let's go."

7:44 AM: Canterlot High: History, English Hallway

"And here is the English and History hallway, this is where all the History and English related classes are usually held." Octavia said as she continued the tour with Midnight.

"T-thanks, Octavia." Midnight stuttered a little, still a bit nervous about being near her.

Octavia noticed her discomfort, "Hey, are you alright?"

"O-oh, yes. I-I'm just nervous about my first day here,"

Octavia giggled softly, "I understand, if you even need to talk, just come talk to me, Mise, or my other friend, Vinyl. OK?"

Midnight nodded, "I will. Thanks. I assume this means the tour is done?"

Octavia nodded, "That's right. Now we just need to go back to the principal's office to get your schedule.

Midnight smiled, "Perfect! I can't wait to see what my classes are."

7:50 AM: Canterlot High: Principal's Office

When the 4 got back, they saw Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna each holding a schedule. Celestia seemed to have Midnight's, and Luna had Eclipse's. "I see you've all finished up your tours. Me and Luna here have finished your schedules." Celestia said as she handed Midnight her schedule as Luna handed Eclipse his.

Let's see, first I have Chemistry with Mr. Hooves, second is Algebra with Ms. Harshwinny, third is Ms. Cheerilee for English, and fourth is History with Mr. Doodle. Doesn't seem too bad. He thought as he looked through his schedule. "Alright, doesn't look too bad, I suppose," Eclipse said as he walked out to his first class.

OK, first I have English with Ms. Cheerilee, second I have Mr. Hooves for Chemistry, third is Algebra with Ms. Harshwinny, and fourth is History with Mr. Doodle. Looks good. Midnight thought with a smile on her face. "This looks great. I'd better head off to class."

12:00 PM: Canterlot High: Cafeteria

As everyone rushed into the cafeteria to get some lunch, Eclipse just walked at his leisure to the farthest table he saw. Just happy to get out of everyone's way, he took his seat and set his backpack next to him, then pulls out his New 3DS XL and starts playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.As he was playing his game, Midnight got her tray and started looking for a place to sit. She wandered for about a minute before a certain pink haired girl came over and noticed her, “Hey there. You must be the new girl right?”

She nodded, “Yes, I’m Midnight Sky. It’s nice to meet you.”

The pink haired girl gasped and gave a ridiculously huge smile, “It’s nice to meet you too! My name’s Pinkie Pie. I need to introduce you to all my friends!” She practically screamed as she nearly dragged Midnight to her table.

“Please, not so hard!” Midnight said as she got dragged to a large, round table with a large group of people. Sitting at the table were a whole group of students, they were sitting boy to girls all the way around as two of whom Midnight recognized as Mise and Octavia.

The first one had brown hair, peach colored skin and he was wearing work boots, black jeans, and a plain grey T-shirt. Next was a girl with black leather boots, blue jeans, and a black leather jacket over a white T-shirt and the same colored skin as the boy next to her. the next person had Silver Hair with a Light Blue Highlight, dark blue skin and was wearing Black t-shirt with a white star on it, a jacket with sapphire flames and a white crescent moon on the back, gray pants with a white strip on both sides and black sneakers.

The next person had black hair and grey skin and was wearing black t-shirt with his logo, a music note on a basketball, on it. Gray jacket. Stonewashed jeans. Dark colored shoes. The person after that had Messy Dark Navy Blue hair with Red streaks and Light Gray skin and was wearing Red Hoodie, Black Jacket, White Shirt, Black Combat Pants, and Tactical Boots. Next up was a person with Orange Pigtails and Light amber skin and she was wearing Goggles on her forehead, Grey sleeveless hoodie, Red undershirt and skirt that has two gear symbols on it, Utility belt, Black and white stripe pants and blue sneakers.

The next person had Burgundy red hair and Purple skin and was wearing a t-shirt of varying colors and running shorts. The person after that had Dark brown hair and Light brown skin and was wearing a Gray shirt with a cog and wings logo, a Green jacket, and Dark blue cargo pants. The next person had Jet black hair and Cyan skin, he was wearing Navy blue hoodie, white t shirt with a grey shield and black scales of justice, blue jeans, and black sneakers.

The next person had Semi-short obsidian hair, Pale brown skin, and was wearing a black T-shirt with grey wolf paws on the sleeves, a pair of black/grey jeans, a navy blue and green striped hoodie, with a leather jacket with a dark blue wolf paw on the back, with a pair of black and purple sneakers. The next person had Black Spiky Hair, White skin, and he was wearing Black sunglasses, blue headphones, light blue checkered polo with white shirt underneath with a Treble Clef symbol, black pants and black and red Jordans for shoes.

The second to last person had Long Brown Hair, Pale Green skin, he was wearing brown combat boots, green camo pants, black t-shirt with a white shirt that has it sleeves cut and cut gown to the hem on both arm sides, emblazon with his symbol, a sword pointing down and shatters in the middle that forms a hawk. The last person had Spiky Black Hair, Grey skin, and was wearing an unzipped black hoodie, black T-shirt with the Japanese kanji for wolf on the front in white, black strap boots, and dark green pants with a chain on the side.

“I’d like you to meet Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie pie, Fluttershy, Alejandra, Twilight, Adagio, Aria, Sonata. Octavia, and Vinyl." Pinkie said as Midnight blushed and shyly waved at the girls “Mise, Clyde, Swift, Rivet, Night, Alex, Warhawk, Treble, Punk, Daemon, Arrow, and Zero.” Pinkie said as she went around the table pointing out everyone.

After Pinkie introduced everyone, she waved at everyone, “Hello, my name’s Midnight Sky. I just moved here from Fillydelphia.” She spoke in a slightly nervous tone.

Octavia was the first to speak to her, “Hey, don’t be so shy. We’re all friends here. Come and sit with us.” She said, patting the seat right next to her, which Midnight gladly accepted.

As they all sat in silence and ate their lunch, Treble noticed that one seat was still empty. “Hey, isn’t there another new student here today? I thought Mise mentioned a new guy a while ago.” Treble said as Mise nodded.

“I did, I showed him around today. I don’t know where he could be. Pinkie? You see anyone you don’t know?” Mise asked looking around. Pinkie scoped out the cafeteria like a human radar system till she spotted Eclipse sitting way off in the distance by himself playing his New 3DS XL.

“He’s over there, on the other side of the cafeteria, sitting by himself.” Pinkie said pointing across the room. Everyone turned around to see who it could be as Artemis squinted a bit.

“Hey, he looks familiar. I think I recognize him from the Warp Zone.” Artemis said as he got up to go talk to him.

“I’ll come with you, he seemed pretty...closed, for lack of a better word when I was showing him around, maybe he’ll be more open to talk if I’m there.” Mise said getting up as well.

“Alright that works. If my suspicions are correct and this guy is who I think he is, he’s a video game master.” Artemis said as him and Mise walked through the cafeteria and approached Eclipse’s table.

“Hey, uh...uh I don’t know your name and I hate calling people new person, but can we talk?” Artemis said as Eclipse turned around

“I’m sorry, but I’m....” Eclipse stopped as he closed his 3DS and looked at Artemis. “Are you Artemis Arrow? Selene’s son?” Eclipse said as Artemis and Mise looked at each other then back at Eclipse.

“Yeah, that’s me. How’d you know that? Better yet how do you know who my mom is?” Artemis asked shocked.

Eclipse chuckles a little, “I’ve seen your mother at game tournaments before with my mom, the Goddess of First Person Shooters. I think I saw her at a Smash Bros tournament, about 2 years ago. And to answer your first question, I’m Solar Eclipse. Better known, as the King of RPG’s.”

Most of this went over Mise’s head as he was more of a part time and retro gamer, whereas Artemis was wide eyed and slack jawed. “Y-your majesty….” Artemis said bowing for a second.

Mise simply chuckled and facepalmed a bit “What does Aria see in you…?” Mise said laughing a bit “

Eclipse chuckled, and spoke in a calm tone. “Arrow, please. No need for formalities. Here, I’m just a simple student. I’m no one special.”

Artemis stood up and nodded “Sorry. I’m just so impressed by you and your mom’s video game skills, it's totally insane!” Artemis said excitedly.

Eclipse simply shook his head, “Trust me, Arrow. My record’s nothing special. Mom won at least 32 tournaments in her youth, me and my sister have only won 10 tournaments each. Besides, my mom’s retired and is the Vice Principal here, so her days are done.”

Artemis calmed down a bit seeing Eclipse was much more down to earth than he realized “Well welcome to Canterlot High, and I don’t mean to intrude, by why are you sitting by yourself? We got plenty of room at our table.” Artemis said

Eclipse shrugged as he looked at his backpack, “I just prefer sitting alone. I was almost always isolated in Crystal Prep, and it just kinda stuck. Besides, it gives me plenty of time to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.” Eclipse said as he pulled out his New 3DS XL.

Mise nodded, “I can see how that would be, will be seeing you around school and town at least?” Mise asked with an inviting smile.

I suppose I could get some friends while I’m here. He thought as he smiled, grabbed his backpack and stood up, “I guess I could join you guys, if you really want me to,”

“Well it's up to you really, we just thought you might like some company since you were by yourself. But if you still want to sit with us, just follow us.” Artemis said as Eclipse started follow him.

12:13 PM: Canterlot High: Cafeteria: Rainbooms Table

Midnight ate her lunch as she saw Artemis and Mise walking back to the table with Eclipse behind them. “Hey, Eclipse. I’m glad you decided to join us.” She said as she waved to him.

Eclipse waved back, “Yeah. I decided to join the group for today. Besides, I need to thank the famous Rainbooms for saving Canterlot High on 3 separate occasions.” Eclipse said as the girls showed their gratitude as Pinkie stood up.

“So you must be the new guy! Wait if you’re new but you know the girls, that means you haven’t met the other half of our group! Eclipse, I’d like you to meet Clyde, Swift, Rivet, Night, Warhawk, Treble, Punk, Daemon, and Zero. you already know Mise and Arrow.”

Eclipse bowed at the group, “It’s nice to meet you guys. I hope we can get along. Quick question, who all here are gamers?” Eclipse said as he sat down and talked with the group.

As Eclipse talked with the rest of the group, Luna stood watching from afar with a warm smile, “He’s already making friends here, and it’s his first day. I’m so proud of him.”

Author's Note:

Hey guys. Yet another chapter complete that took forever to publish. Again, very sorry, but I've been so out of it for the past two weeks, and couldn't focus very much. Anyway, major thanks to Colonel Celtic Fire for helping me with this chapter, and I'll see you guys on the next chapter.