• Published 24th Dec 2015
  • 486 Views, 27 Comments

Equestria's Number One Hotline - grey mane



The number one hotline to call in all of Equestria for any reason what so ever.

  • ...
4
 27
 486

First Call: I'm Wearing A Scarf

It was the first month we had been open and we only had a few ponies working the phone lines, couldn't have been more than five or six of us then, but we knew we had something as the first hotline in all of Equestria. Some said our work was a tad shady and slightly underhanded but we didn't care, it was something to do and make money off of. We spent a fortune in advertising and even made sure we were listed in the phone books across Equestria, most of that cost was spent here in Canterlot where we stood to make the most bits talking business with the elite ponies there.

For weeks we sat there waiting for our first call and all that time we worried that we would be snuffed out just as fast as we got started, but just as that day came to an end and we all started to walk out one of the phones began to ring. All of us stood or hoovered there frozen by the sound we had all waited for, on the third ring as we slowly looked at each other we all soon rushed for whichever of the phones were ringing. It was the biggest fight the office had ever seen before or since, Shower Shine lost a few teeth, Bolt Burner got his lower jaw dislocated and others got roughed up just as bad as we all seemed to beat the crap out of each other trying to be the first to answer.

As we all stumbled and fought our way between each other the first to answer was a young mare, "Thank you for calling ALL4FUN my name is Zu~ul..." For some reason her eyes glowed red and her voice became deep and sounded like she gargled with rocks when ever she said her name, nopony knew why, "what would you like to talk about this evening?" Normally her voice was sweet and lovely but it was just when she said her name, "Umm... well... normally ponies don't wear clothes so as of right now just a scarf why?"

Oh shit I worried this would happen, I had hoped it wouldn't have been her to get that kind of phone call, "Well yes I guess you could say that but I don't..." Poor filly was so innocent she didn't know what was going on, "well yes I can do that. Oh baby..." We almost laughed at how confused she looked and how in her voice we could hear how puzzled she was, "oh baby... oh baby, you are the best?"

She managed to keep them on the line for five hours just going back and forth doing as they asked, "Zu~ul, my name is Zu~ul, why do you keep asking for my name?" Poor filly didn't know what was going on but we did.

Once the phone call came to an end she thanked them for calling our hotline and smiled as she walked towards us, "So how was it?" I asked hoping to know her thoughts.

"Not sure how I'm suppose to feel, at the end of the call they asked me if it felt good for me too. Strangest call I've gotten in my life, though if I had to give an answer I would say..." Tapping her chin as she looked up she thought back to the call and shuttered, "I feel dirty and want to take a bath for the next month straight. But I'm not sure why."

As she walked out of the building Swamphole rushed towards her, "Did they tell you who they were?" His question peeked our interest as we listened.

Thinking about it she giggled, "You know they never did, but the funny thing is she sounded like Princess Celestia." Giggling as she walked away she nearly shouted, "To think Princess Celestia would call this hotline and act like that."

Though she laughed about it we all questioned it as she wished us a good night, before long she turned the corner down the street and was gone. The others soon followed her out the door to go home as well while Swamphole and myself stayed behind to clean up the mess we all made fighting to get to the phone, the two of us laughed at how much of a mess we made trying to answer the damn phone. It was something so simple yet it caused such chaos from just a simple ring.

While we laughed about it the phone began to ring again as I pointed at it, "Ya to think something that simple can... cause..." Pausing for a moment we stared at the phone, and just like before we rushed for it from opposing ends of the room.

Bumping heads once we got close left us dazed and stumbling around holding our heads as we clambered for the phone, we continued to bump into each other, push each other, and even fought for the phone.

Before the ringing could stop Swamphole answered it as he held me to the floor with one of his hooves on my neck, "Thank you for calling ALL4FUN, my name is Swamphole what would you like to talk about this evening?"

As he let me up his expression went from eagerly happy to annoyed and slowly growing pissed, "Yes my name is Swamphole... yes go ahead and let it out." I knew that look and that conversation from anywhere, "Well I think it's better than what I was named, I had to have it changed some time back."

I recalled how he and I first met and I still can't say his name without laughing, "No my name wasn't always Swamphole, for some reason my parents named me Shitbush. Some kind of a joke my dad came up with, I never got the joke."

As he let out a disgruntled sigh he turned to look at me and pointed as he mouthed the words, 'Not one word to the others about this, or I shove this phone up your ass. And you know I will.' He soon turned his attention back to the phone call, "Miss is there anything else you would like to talk about?"

As he stood there he soon pulled up a pen and a bit of paper, "No she's out for the evening but will be back just before noon, if you like I'll notify her that you called and a number for her to reach you." As he started to jot down what she said he soon became baffled, "Miss if you wanted to remain anonymous you can say so, but please don't call yourself Princess Celestia. Don't get me wrong you do a wonderful impersonation of her, but I highly doubt that she would call this number and do that to Zuul."

As he finished writing down the last bit of information alongside the best time to call back he thanked her for calling us, "Can you believe that crap? Like Celestia would actually call."

As he stumbled out the door he posted the note on the wall where Zuul would find it later, once he was gone I looked at the note and turned to stare at the phone.

My final words as I started to walk out of the building was full of confusion and uncertainty, "What the fuck just happened?"