• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 52,217 Views, 11,685 Comments

Letters From A Disgruntled Friendship Student - milesprower06



Twilight Sparkle is being sent to Ponyville to learn about friendship. She's not happy about it.

  • ...
504
 11,685
 52,217

PreviousChapters Next
Buckball Season

THE FOAL FREE PRESS
SHOULD PATRIOTISM BE MANDATORY?

A fresh wave of controversy is erupting at sporting events across the nation, pitting matters of patriotism against peaceful protests.

It began in the up-and-coming National Buckball League as San Franciscolt 69'ers kicker Colton Kaeperneigh remained sitting during Equestrian's national anthem, as a peaceful protest against guard corruption and treatment of earth ponies. Supporters of Kaeperneigh applaud the kicker's actions, and include active duty guardsponies, and Equestrian Armed Forces.

"Freedom of expression is exactly what Equestria is all about. That includes sitting during the anthem."

Detractors claim it's grossly disrespectful of the sacrifices those in the armed forces have made. Several coaches of professional buckball teams have even mandated that everypony stand during the anthem as a sign of respect.

Others have a different point of view.

"If it's a matter of respect for you, that's fine." Began Appleloosa kicker Braeburn. "But that doesn't automatically make it a matter of respect to everypony else. Sitting during the anthem is a perfectly legal form of peaceful protest, it doesn't hurt anypony else, and to demand that patriotism be mandatory would make us no better than Fried Chik Un over in Ponyyang."

Author's Note:

PreviousChapters Next