• Published 31st Dec 2015
  • 3,598 Views, 77 Comments

Shadowbolts Adventures: Independence Day (Uncut Version) - DragonShadow



Indigo Zap's restorations on her car are finally complete, and she has done such a good job, her parents decide to fund a trip to Las Pegasus for her and her friends. But nothing ever goes as smoothly as one would hope.

  • ...
3
 77
 3,598
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 34 )

*points out that I *was* going to go to bed a while ago, but I had a hunch this would be coming up soon*.

I'm pleased with this one in its entirety. Bless you, Vinyl and Lemon, and may little musical notes emit from your bedroom together for many years.

When I read your blog post I thought: "Heh, nothing can surprise me.":rainbowdetermined2:
Then came Sugarcoats story:pinkiegasp:
But I like the ending

"You really are a jerk, you know that?" She pulled out of the parking lot, turning to make her way towards the interstate.

"Yes. Yes I am. Yet you all hang out with me anyway." Sugarcoat smirked back.

The best lines of this chapter. This is why I love Sugarcoat.

6818671

may little musical notes emit from your bedroom together for many years.

That is so wrong and yet so right.

Sugarcoat as always was awesome.

I actually want to see if any of the shadowbolts got any replies to their adverts at the love spa. Given that Sugarcoats was basically 'Are you man enough to date me?' she should have hundreds of replies by now, mostly from jerks but you never know, at least it should keep her in free food for a while. Of course as we see here her normal chat up line is basically, 'You, me, sex, now!" so she was being fairly coy on the video.

It's good that Vinyl is so understanding, personally I think she should be at least a little put out by it. The general situation is realistic they are young and caught up in the moment but I think Lemon should have called her either before or just after the original tryst, it's a bit of a passion killer but Vinyl deserved to be asked.

"Uh, Sugarcoat? You can't be nostalgic for a time you weren't alive for." Indigo snickered.

Fight me, Indigo. :rainbowdetermined2:

I can totally see vinyl and lemon making out

"I'm not trying to steal you from your girlfriend. Frankly I'd rather eat the rotten asshole of a road killed skunk and then down it with beer."

Oh, Angry Video Game Nerd, you really have changed the lives of so many people...

Sugarcoat: "I had sex when I was twelve."
Me: Bwuuuuuh?! :pinkiegasp:
*Cue flashback*
Me: ... I should've known, :facehoof:

Based Vinyl Scratch, :moustache:
s6.postimg.org/5pzpmopep/Pirate_Approved2.jpg

Gotta love Sugarcoat XD

Gotta love Sugarcoat XD

Good story and a very nice way to end it. Tho for some reason, I was half expecting a sex scene with Sunny Flare and Twilight Sparkle :twilightblush:

6819717

Two girls (or boys, of course) can be very close without having sex.

All's well that ends well, and Sugarcoat continues to be everyone's favorite troll. This pleases me.

"I've had sexual experiences before without dating and it didn't end badly."

Sugarcoat? Sexual experiences?!
vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/icarly/images/4/4b/7816435_HIMYM_-_Whaaat.gif/revision/latest?cb=20120104194218

"You already made that mistake once in Grand Theft Auto."

Relevant.

"I'd rather eat the rotten asshole of a road killed skunk and then down it with beer" --

She's the Angry... Video Game... Neeeeeeeeeerd.....

"What does it make us?" --

Easy -- you're a cheater, and she is a slut.

Oh teens...always think the laws of morality don't apply to them. Until they do...Hey, that gives me an idea -- try writing a story where one of them actually does get pregnant. That would make for a really mature and long story. Or a very short one, depending on the choice.

6822045

I am not going to get into a moral/philosophical debate with you here. Your beliefs are your own and I'm not going to question them. All I ask is that you please refrain from "slut-shaming" in my comments.

Yet another thing where Sugarcoat has the best lines. Wonderful job. :pinkiehappy:

"Twelve dollars for a popcorn. I would rather eat my own kidneys,"

Twelve dollars per corn? :pinkiegasp:

6822045

Oh teens...always think the laws of morality don't apply to them.

What laws of morality?

6825049

Here? "Cheating on your partner is a no-no."

6825111 Eh, she did tell her later on and she seemed okay with it.

6825111
Just stepping in to point out that Vinyl was perfectly okay with Lemon making a video ad for a dating service, a few stories back.

"Hey Lemon Zest, did you seriously get Vinyl Scratch to let you come do this?"

"Um, yeah." Lemon replied. "I think her exact words were 'good luck, babe'."

Relationship seems pretty open, unless Vinyl was being sarcastic, which would make it a pretty mean thing to say to your girlfriend.

6825195 I'd like to meet the person that replaced the term "infidelity" with the PC term "open relationship" and look that person in the eyes.

Comment posted by DragonShadow deleted Jan 12th, 2016

6825246

What constitutes an act of infidelity is dependent upon the exclusivity expectations within the relationship.

Straight from Wikipedia, directly backed by a citation, and even pointed out by Sugarcoat in this fic (though not in the same words). If two people are dating and are both okay with the other messing around outside their relationship, that's open. Infidelity and cheating occurs when one of the partners is not okay with it.

Well, there is another time infidelity occurs. It's when somebody who doesn't approve of open relationships points an accusatory finger and hisses. All about perspective. Honestly, I don't approve of what Lemon did, either. She got a bit drunk, made a judgement call, took a big risk in how Vinyl might react, and could have lost someone special to her, not to mention how this sort of thing has been known (at least in fiction) to destroy friendships. I'm not sure I'd ever recommend doing what she did. But if they're all alright with it and nobody is getting hurt, I have no right to tell them not to.

6826885 Actually, I'm willing to forgive the first time. At least it was a moment of weakness for both of them. It's the second time that bugs me. What kind of a person incites another to cheat on her partner? And putting that thing about "open relationship" aside, neither knew exactly how Vinil would react. In fact, Lemon herself said multiple time, "Hold on, I'm taken," indicating that she at least wasn't sure. And had she known, that Vinil was ok with it, she wouldn't feel guilty.

But if they're all alright with it and nobody is getting hurt, I have no right to tell them not to. -- ohhooohooooo..I could start a whole new philosophical debate with you on this principle. But I'm sure the master of this house won't approve of it. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty sure it's going to be the downfall of our culture.

6822045 mate, morality is not defined by laws, but rather social norms. They are indeed whatever are decided upon by the larger percent of the population. That being said, your opinion is fairly common, and as a result of them going against it, they earned the ire or you and likely several others. Go ahead and state your opinion, but understand it is only an opinion, even if it is the statistically normal one.

Strangely enough, Sugarcoat (or how author writes her) is completely in my spirit of things. That is pretty much me with friends. I wouldn't have expected it, but I'm absolutely loving it.

These characters are always fun to read about, and I'm ever curious to see where this series will go, but I can't in good conscience upvote a moral like that. (No downvote either, though.)

6967495

The... moral that everyone can find acceptance through friendship no matter what hardships they face or how different they are?

6967534 I was thinking more of "you're only young once, so you might as well sow your oats and do stupid :yay: and your friends and SO's will be okay with it as long as you're honest." Obviously we're coming from different places on it, and I won't keep moralizing- I just felt obliged to speak up. Anyway, thank you for the prompt response!:pinkiehappy:

I would love to see an intimate chapter between lemon and vinyl one day

"Uh, Sugarcoat? You can't be nostalgic for a time you weren't alive for." Indigo snickered.

Skippy's List, #36?

"I'm not trying to steal you from your girlfriend. Frankly I'd rather eat the rotten asshole of a road killed skunk and then down it with beer."

Vodka would be more appropriate, to kill all the bacteria on it. But whatever floats her boat.

I'm not sure if I want to know about Sugarcoat's sexual experiences. It's probably something sick.

...

Well, smooth. Really smooth, Sugarcoat :moustache:

I was rather uneasy, I admit, when Sour Sweet and Lemon Zest had their moment... mostly because I really want to see Sour find a more permanent mate. Thankfully, Vinyl is amazingly chill about it all...

Also, I'm curious about whether or not the boy Sugarcoat had fun with was anyone we know...

6825246
The term was never replaced. It's just that reality is too complex to use the same term to refer to multiple things which are similar in concept but very different in execution. It's like how the words "seduction" and "rape" used to be interchangeable despite being quite different. Suffice to say, an "open relationship" is what happens when the party that is being "cheated on" doesn't care or approves, and they're the ones who have the most right to object to it.

I wouldn't have replied to such an old comment, but the term "politically correct" bugs me, because I hear it all the time nowadays and it seems to mean "any language [the speaker] dislikes." It means nothing to me except to indicate that the speaker thinks a term or word is bad entirely because other people prefer it to other terms. You should concern yourself more with whether a term is actually correct.

Login or register to comment