• Published 20th Dec 2015
  • 936 Views, 35 Comments

The Guardian Knights: Equestrian Angels - AC Punk



A young man has fallen defending his home. But what he thought would be the afterlife, turns out to be a oneway ticket to a new world. Wih new friends, new enemies, and mysterious powers at his command are what awaits him.

  • ...
5
 35
 936

Chapter 4

A Snow Angel's Gifts

After the incident at Sweet Apple Acres, Adam has become the target of the mane six for a multitude of reasons. Twilight wishes to study and examine what causes his powers, Applejack wishes for him to come and help out at the farm (try and work off the damages he accidentally caused), Rainbow wants him to race her in order to see how fast his wings can take him, Rarity wishes to use him as inspiration for her next fashion line, and Pinkie is well...Pinkie. Fluttershy seems to be the only one who doesn't wish to do anything and has been Adam's savior when he needs to hide from the others. Today, he is hiding from Twilight and her multitude of blood examinations, which involve her drawing blood from where his wings form on his back. Fluttershy uses this time to try and get to know her unusual friend from another world, she is currently returning from her kitchen with a tea set. She sets it down in front of Adam, who is sitting on the couch next to a very irritable bunny rabbit, and pours them both a cup.

"So," she begins, "What was it like back in your old world?" Adam takes a sip of his drink before answering.

"Home, in my opinion, was a place very similar to Equestria. We had magic, but it was more of a gifted child thing." He explains.

"I'm sorry."

"It's like this, you know how your species is born with some form of innate magic?" She nods, "Where I came from, Archane mages were a dime a dozen. My old team and I were lucky enough to be born with our powers, which is a rare chromosome at child birth. But with my parents being members of the council of Archane empowerment, I was already predicted to be born a magic user." Fluttershy shoots him a confused look, "It's when two dogs with the same coat color mate and their puppy has the same color as its parents."

"Oh, now I get it," she then takes a sip of her tea, "So, who was your old team?" She asks.

"There was me, Marcus, jacob, Samuel, and Ashley." He frowns upon saying her name. After he regains himself, he goes on to explain how they all met.

He ended up having to leave his hometown after an undead legion invaded and destroyed everything, his parents sacrificing them selves in order for him to escape. He met Marcus not long after escaping death, the two of them became friends after fighting off a group of thugs wanting to rob them. Samuel he met in a tavern; turns out he was actually a mercenary who joined up with Adam for a paycheck, but gave it up after seeing how Adam was willing to put himself in harms way in order to protect his friends. Jacob he met while trying to save kids forced into child labor at factories, helping him sabotage a metal foundry furnace. But when he began to talk about Ashley, Fluttershy could tell something was off by the way he held his eyes.

"Ashley and I met in the capital city. She was the daughter of a high ranking military officer who actually fought alongside and trained with my folks. He let my team and I stay at their estate and it was there that me and Ashley began to fall in love." A lone tear begins to fall for his eye, "She and I became very close friends as time began to move on, we were actually apart of some ancient prophecy form my home, but that's for another time. She was everything I could ever ask of a girlfriend to be: smart, beautiful, strong, everything. We became an item shortly after recieving our weapons the prophecy spoke of. We dated for a while before missions began, and continued when we had no assignments. Then...then I-" he stops and rubs his eyes, breathing unevenly.

"I guess she ment a lot to you, huh?" Fluttershy asks, trying to calm him.

"She was the only one I could ever truly confide in. She was always there when I needed a shoulder to cry on, which was very rare. Ashley was, well, I guess you could call her my soul mate. Around her, I was happy. She loved me, and I loved her. But now," he looks outside towards the horizon, "Now I don't know where she is. I know she is here in Equestria, but I don't know where." Before he could go off preaching again, a knock comes from the front door of the cottage.

When Fluttershy goes to answer, she is greeted by a winged girl with snow white skin and light violet hair. Upon seeing the stranger, Fluttershy begins to cower slightly, but gathers her courage and speaks.

"Can I help you." She asks softly.

"I'm looking for a guy named Adam; he has black hair with blue highlights and has a tattoo of a pair of wings covering his back. Have by chance seen him?" She asks. Adam instead obliges himself to give her the answer and appears in the door way.

"Whoever you got your facts from is wrong," he says, "my hair hasn't been black since I got my soul blade." Upon seeing him, she goes wide eyed and trips herself, falling backwards. Seeing this, Adam smirks and rolls his eyes before helping her up. Dusting her sweatshirt off, he notices an all to style of tattoo running the length of her neck. As she begins to speak, he places his hand over her mouth.

"You were chosen by Faust to fight alongside me, which caused the tattoo going across your neck to be burned into your skin during some form of dream. And now you have powers that you can't seem to get the hang of and want me to help you learn to control and wield them. Did I miss anything?" He says. The girl raises an eyebrow before shaking her head, Adam the removes his hand from her mouth.

"My name is Adam, and I'm Faust's chosen Paladin." He tells her.

"I'm Astrea, the tattoo actually runs down both of my arms. She said I would fight alongside you wielding magic native to my homeland. But I don't know what that means." She explains. Adam is about to reply, but then notices the symbol on Astrea's backpack, a snowflake.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are an ice mage." He tells her. She raises an eyebrow at this, but doesn't get to reply as a icicle suddenly appears in her hand. "Like I said."

"Can you please teach me?" She asks.

"Oh, I'm going to teach you. I did always find ice magic interesting, even if my attribute was fire." He replies, making a blue flame form in his palm to prove his attribute. As the flame disappears, Astrea suddenly grabs Adam from inside the cottage and hugs him. What throws Adam off is that she was just outside.

"Thank You! Now maybe the teens from home will stop calling me snow Angel." She tells him Hearing this, Adam laughs and gets out her grip before taking off his top layer of clothing to reveal the many tattoos covering his chest, not just the wings on his back. Each one is some form of writing, the language being that of the Archane mages.

"The one below my neck translates to fallen angel. Angels protect those who can't protect themselves. Being called one back home is a compliment, not an insult." He explains before placing his clothes back on.

With this new Knowledge, Astrea smiles as she is escorted by Fluttershy to a spare room. When the two of them are out of earshot, Adam reaches inside of his collar, the inside glowing for a second, and pulls out a folded up picture. The image is of his old team the day before Ashley was kidnapped. Marcus is holding his like a cane, Jacob and Samuel are one the opposite side with their weapons propped on their shoulders, And Adam is in the center with a blushing expression as Ashley kisses his cheek with her eyes closed and arms wrapped around his neck. Smiling, he returns the picture to his secret pocket and heads outside, staring off into oblivion as he once again wonders where his lost love is.

Author's Note:

Astrea is owned by CosmicAlchemist24, he supported the writing and also writes in the PoME universe. Check him out if you get the chance.

The team is starting to form, what's next as Adam takes on training an ice mage? What, you want me to tell you? FUCK THAT, I DO T GIVE SPOILERS!!!

See you all in the next update, and Merry Christmas!