• Published 24th Dec 2015
  • 5,490 Views, 13 Comments

Just Kiss Already! - MLP Fangirl



It's Hearth's Warming Eve, and Rarity is determined to get Twilight and Discord to kiss under the mistleltoe. It's more complicated than it looks.

  • ...
6
 13
 5,490

A Happy Hearth's Warming Indeed

The fire of friendship lives in our hearts.
As long as it burns, we will not drift apart.

The famous Hearth's Warming carol reverberated through the entire town as stallions and mares alike sang in harmony, even reaching the Palace of Friendship.

"Ah," Rarity sighed as she levitated some silver tinsel across the mantle. "I absolutely adore Hearth's Warming. The songs, the decorations - "

"The presents!" Pinkie appeared suddenly in front of Rarity, causing the white unicorn mare to stumble and trip over her own hooves.

"Pinkie, why must you show up at the most inconvenient of times?" Rarity picked herself up, dusting off her pristine coat.

"Oh, Rarity. Don't be a big ol' stick-in-the-mud. It's Hearth's Warming Eve!" The pink mare drew out a red hat with a white pompom on the top and placed it on Rarity's head.

Rarity sighed, "Indeed, it is." She levitated the hat off of her head and smiled. "And, I am ever so glad Twilight invited us all for a Hearth's Warming party here in her beautiful castle."

"So am I."

At that moment, Twilight came walking into the room, with Discord right behind her.

Discord whistled, "It's looking nice in here. Too nice for my taste. What's with all the red and green and gold stuff? How about a nice orange. Or, maybe, chartreuse. Or - or - "

"Or we could leave it the way it is. Under normal circumstances, I'd allow it. But, the Hearth's Warming decorations stay the way they are." Twilight gave a pointed look at Discord.

Rarity breathed a sigh of relief, "Oh, thank you ever so much, darling, for your intervention. Hearth's Warming is perhaps my most favorite holiday, and I refuse to see it ruined by some tacky color changes."

She turned away, "Besides, those colors would completely clash with the walls."

Discord grumbled, crossing his mismatched arms, "Whatever."

Twilight giggled, "All right, enough."

Pinkie Pie looked at a clock on the wall. She gasped loudly, jumping four feet in the air. "Oh no! I forgot to take Gummy's favorite Hearth's Warming cookies out of the oven. I can still save them!" She dashed off in a blur of pink.

"SAVED THEM!" The pink mare's voice echoed from Sugarcube Corner.

Twilight chuckled, shaking her head. "Ah, Pinkie. Anyway, the other girls should be arriving soon."

"Joy. I didn't have to get them presents, right? 'Cause, I'm running low on cash."

"Discord, you - "

Discord procured a small wallet from his side and opened it up. He began dumping out its contents.

A rubber chicken.

A horseshoe.

A trumpet

A red umbrella with orange polka dots.

Twilight stared at the wallet curiously, as Discord continued to empty it. "That is a deceptively large...wallet."

Discord finished emptying it out. An assortment of many random objects lay on the ground in front of him, but no bits.

He scratched his head, "Huh. I could've sworn I had some bits left - oh, wait." He procured another wallet from his side, much bigger than the last one. "This one has the money in it. I really should label these things."

He opened it up, reached in, and grabbed three bits. "Bingo. What do you think I can get with three bits?"

Twilight and Rarity just stared at him blankly.

Discord huffed, "You're right. Nothing. Maybe a paper clip at least. But, who wants a paper clip? Oh, well. I'll find something. I'll be back in a few, Twi." He blew her a kiss before vanishing.

Twilight blinked twice, then shook her head and chuckled. "Oh, Discord."

Rarity raised an eyebrow, "Forgive me, Twilight, but I must question what you see in him."

Twilight sighed, "I wondered that for awhile, too. But, it turns out, he's not so bad once you actually get to know him. Don't let his silliness fool you. He's actually a genuine sweetheart."

Rarity smiled as she walked over to a box full of decorations, "Well, I can see why he likes you." She began rummaging through the box, levitating different ornaments out of the way.

Twilight raised an eyebrow and trotted over to her, "What are you looking for? I think this place is decorated enough."

"I know. Just making sure I didn't miss anything."

The purple alicorn sighed, "All right. Well, I'm going to get ready. Spike and I were in Canterlot the other day, and I found a really cute dress. I think you'll like."

Rarity turned her head to face the lavender mare, "I look forward to seeing it, darling. I'll be getting ready myself as soon as I'm done."

Twilight nodded, before walking out of the room and leaving Rarity by herself.

"No. Don't need that. Oh, definitely don't need that...Why would this be in here?" She stopped rummaging as she spotted a particular decoration.

"Oh? What have we here?" She smiled to herself, as she levitated the object in her magic. She glanced back at the door.

"It's perfect."

-----

The six mares, dragon, and draconeques were seated around the large dining table, having just finished a - dare I say - a delicious Hearth's Warming Eve dinner.

Pinkie licked her lips, "Mmm. Wow! That was delicious. We should have a Hearth's Warming party every year."

"I think we can manage that, " Twilight said, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

Applejack sighed, rubbing her full stomach, "Gotta say, I haven't eaten that much since Thankful Hooves Day."

Rainbow Dash chugged down the last of her apple cider, "Ah. You said it, A.J."

Fluttershy giggled, "Oh, it's so nice to be here with you girls. I don't know why we never did this before."

"Twilight, can I have the last sticky bun?" Spike looked over at the purple princess.

"Sure you can, Spi - "

Before she finished speaking, Discord swiped the sticky bun from off the plate and took a bite. "Mmm. Not bad. Not bad at all."

Twilight glared at him flatly, "Discord."

Discord blinked. "Oh, sorry. Did you want it?" He offered her the half-eaten pastry.

Twilight sighed and waved a hoof, "No. You can have it."

Rarity giggled slightly, then cleared her throat. "Pinkie Pie, can I have a word with you?"

Pinkie nodded happily, "Sure thing, Rares." She jumped off her chair and trotted next to Rarity. "...I'm not in trouble, am I?"

Rarity chuckled, "Not at all, darling. I just need your help with something." She turned her head towards the others. "We'll be back in a few."

She and Pinkie trotted outside the dining hall and into the hallway.

"So, whatcha need, Rarity?" Pinkie rocked on her hooves, looking expectantly at the white unicorn.

Rarity leaned in close and whispered, "Do you see what's hanging on the entrance to the dining hall?"

Pinkie looked back at the dining hall and squinted her eyes, "Uh, that little green thing?"

Rarity nodded, smiling, "That's mistletoe."

Pinkie blinked, "Mistletoe? What's mistletoe - oh! Is it that thing where if you're standing under it, you have to kiss somepony?"

"Yes, it is. And, I want to get a certain pair of special someponies under it." She looked back at the dining hall.

"Who?"

Rarity dragged a hoof along the crystal floor, "Oh, nopony in particular. Just Twilight and Discord."

Pinkie blinked, but her face soon took on a look of realization. She smirked, "Rarity, you sly dog."

Rarity smiled slyly, placing a hoof on her chest, "I know. Now, we want to do this in a very subtle manner."

Pinkie Pie narrowed her eyes, grinning, "Oh, yeah. Operation: GTADTKUTM is a go."

Rarity blinked.

The pink pony sighed, "Get Twilight and Discord to Kiss Under the Mistletoe? Duh."

The white unicorn rolled her eyes, "Of course. Now, let's go. Remember, subtlety is key."

"You got it."

The two mares walked back into the dining hall.

Pinkie trotted up to Twilight innocently. "Hey, Twilight. Rarity wants you to - "

Rarity yelped, quickly dashing over to Pinkie's side and zipped the excitable mare's mouth closed with a strand of light blue magic.

"Mmph! Mmhmph!"

She chuckled nervously, "Eh heh, what Pinkie was trying to say is that Rarity - uh, I want you to - " She looked up for a second, as if searching for the right words to say.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, "Yes?"

Rarity cleared her throat, "Right. Uh, I want you to...have a merry Hearth's Warming! Yes, that's it."

Twilight blinked, exchanging glances with Discord before turning back to Rarity.

"Um, thank you, Rarity. I hope you have one, too."

"Did you drink too much punch or something?" Discord inquired, earning himself a smack from Twilight.

Rarity flipped her mane, "Oh, forgive me. These holidays make me feel - how do I say this?"

"Giddy?" Pinkie chirped into Rarity's ear.

"Yes. That's the word I'm looking for. " She leaned in close to Pinkie and whispered, "You call that subtle?"

She merely giggled in response.

Rarity groaned before turning back to the table, only to find that Discord had disappeared. "Where's Discord?"

Twilight chuckled, "He has some...business to take care of."

Rainbow Dash pulled at her sweater collar, "Awkward."

Applejack snickered, "Ah told him to go easy on the cider. But, Discord will be Discord."

Twilight giggled, "How true." She stretched her forelegs. "Well, I'm going to get out of this dress. I don't want it to get ruined."

Rarity gasped, quickly zipping to the princess's side, "No! You mustn't."

Twilight raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

Rarity bit her lip, "Because...uh, because I really like how it looks on you. Couldn't you keep it on for a few more minutes?"

"Ookay?"

The white unicorn mare gave a sigh of relief, "Oh, good."

At that moment, Discord walked through the doorway, his hands behind his back and an I-didn't-do-it type of look.

Rarity's eyes brightened, "Oh, Discord. You're here! Now, Twilight can you - "

"Hold that thought, Rarity. Twilight, I may or may not have spilled some pine sol on the carpet. Now, before you freak out, I managed it to fix it, but it's not exactly - how do I put this - how it was before." Discord gave an innocent grin, an angel halo appearing over his head.

Twilight groaned, "Ugh, Discord. What am I going to do with you?" She trotted towards the doorway, turning towards him. "How bad is it?"

"Well, it's not bad exactly. But, it's not good either. That help?"

Rarity lifted a hoof. They were directly under the mistletoe. "Look u - "

Applejack pushed past her, "Well, havin' dealt with the Crusaders' messes, I've learned a thing or two about cleaning up. Ah'll help ya, Twi."

"Thanks, Appleack." With that, Twilight teleported them away.

Rarity groaned, "Are you kidding me? Why can't you just stay put?"

Rainbow Dash stretched her wings, "Well, I'm going to go check out Twilight's library. See if I can find a good Daring Do book." She zoomed off and out of the dining hall.

About six minutes later, Twilight came walking back into the room.

Rarity grinned, "Ah, Twilight. You've returned. Now, darling, if you could - "

"Hey, you're back." Discord put his lion arm around her. "So, did you - uh, get it cleaned up?"

Twilight huffed, "We're working on it. Applejack's still in there. What did you do to it? It smells like onions."

Discord put a finger to his chin, "Oh, onions. I knew it smelled familiar. Well, that would explain it. I'd tell you, but I have feeling you'll be mad."

Twilight rolled her eyes, but smiled and nuzzled Discord, "You sure are something."

"I know."

Pinkie scooted next to Rarity and pointed up, "Istletoe-may is above Ilight-tay and Iscor-day."

Rarity raised an eyebrow, "What are you - oh!" She grinned, walking over next to Twilight. "Twilight, darling, could you - "

"Uh, Twilight?" Rainbow peaked her head through the doorway.

"Yes, Rainbow?"

"Where's your library again? All the doors look familiar." Rainbow looked back out, then back at Twilight, giving a sheepish chuckle.

"Walk straight down the hallway, then make a left. It should be the fifth door on the right."

Rainbow nodded, "Got it."

Twilight turned back to Rarity, "Now, what were you saying - "

"Did you say fourth door on the right? Or fifth door on the left." Rainbow Dash's voice called out to Twilight.

The purple alicorn groaned, as well as the white unicorn. She trotted out the door, "Hold on. I'm coming."

Rarity gritted her teeth, "You have got to be kidding me."

Fluttershy walked up next to Rarity, "Are you all right, Rarity? You seem a little, well, tense."

Spike came up from behind, "Are you feeling okay?"

She sighed, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Discord huffed, "Well, this has been a very exhilarating time. But, and do forgive me for my ignorance, isn't there more to Hearth's Warming Eve than simply a big feast? While I did enjoy it, I can't help but feel that there should be more going on."

Pinkie gasped, "OMC, you're totally right, Discord. We haven't even gotten to the games yet." She turned to Rarity. "Sorry, Rarity, but it's getting kinda late. I don't think you're going to get them to do you know what."

Discord yawned, "Well, until things start livening up, I'm going to just chill out for the time being." He summoned a beach chair and jumped onto it, procuring a pair of sunglasses and placing them on his face.

Rarity narrowed her eyes, "Ugh, where are they? Why must there always have to complications?"

As she finished saying that, Twilight came walking back into the room with Rainbow Dash following. "Sorry, we took so long. Rainbow accidently smashed into a bookcase and knocked several things over."

Rainbow crossed her hooves, "Hey, it was an accident. It could've happened to anypony."

"Right."

Rarity looked at Discord then at Twilight, "Well, know that we're all here, maybe we can finally - "

"Uh, Twi? Do ya have another sponge? This one ain't gonna get the job done. " Applejack held up a very beat-up sponge, her coat slightly damp.

Rarity gawked, "Seriously?!" She turned quickly to look at Twilight.

The alicorn in question simply nodded, "Yeah, we should. Let me see if I can find them." She began to walk out the door.

Rarity snorted, "Oh no, you don't."

She lit up her horn, encasing Twilight in a blue aura of magic.

"What? Rarity, what are you - "

Rarity narrowed her eyes, "If I must resort to drastic measures, then by all means, I will!" She levitated the purple alicorn over to the doorway.

Discord took his glasses off, "All right, what is going on?" He saw Rarity levitating Twilight. He got up, placing his hands on his side.

"All right, Rarity. What are you do - Wha? Hey!" He found himself being levitated in the air by Rarity's magic. "Rarity, put me down."

Rarity said nothing as she levitated them both down, placing them next to each other.

The other mares watched with slight concern at the unicorn's weird behavior but remained silent.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, "Rarity, what are you trying to do?"

"Do you want our photo or something? You could've just asked." A camera appeared out of thin air.

He posed, "Make sure to get my good side."

Rarity smiled, lowering an eyelid, "Look up."

They both did.

Twilight blushed as her eyes caught a glimpse off the mistletoe hanging from the doorframe. "Uh, is that what I think it is?"

The white unicorn simply nodded.

Discord raised a white eyebrow, "How did we miss that?"

"Now, I have been trying to get you two under this thing for ages. And, now that you are..." She smiled, a twinkle in her eyes.

Twilight rubbed her neck, her cheeks still red, "D-do we have to?"

"YES!"

Discord and Twilight were taken aback by the sudden outburst. They looked at each other and shrugged.

Discord leaned down, smiling, "Would it be such a bad thing?"

Twilight sighed, gaining a smile of her own, "No, I guess not."

"Happy Hearth's Warming, my dear."

"Happy Hearth's Warming to you, too."

With that, the two closed the gap, connecting their muzzles in a kiss.

Applejack and Rainbow snickered quietly.

Fluttershy covered Spike's eyes, looking away herself.

Pinkie was grinning wildly, jumping up and down on her hooves.

Rarity gave a sigh of relief, "Best Hearth's Warming Eve ever."

Author's Note:

And, that's a wrap. I am quite pleased with how this turned out. And, I had so much fun writing it.
I hope you all enjoy it.

Happy Hearth's Warming and a Merry Christmas to all!

Comments ( 13 )

:moustache: Aw come on!
:pinkiehappy: Don't worry Spike you're next
:raritystarry::moustache:
:twilightsheepish: Pay back's a pony
:flutterrage:NOW KISS!
:ajbemused: you two can stop
:twilightoops: Spike! Rarity!
:flutterrage:Spike? Rarity? You can stop now. . .please If you want to...Spike? Rarity?
:pinkiegasp: Wowzer!
:rainbowlaugh: Get a motel room you two!
:twilightoops:
:moustache::raritywink: you started it!:facehoof:

The rare and elusive Twicord shipper. Well done. (I still ship Fluttercord BTW. It's just nice to see that people have their own opinions.)

orig11.deviantart.net/dc68/f/2014/354/2/3/flower_in_the_snow_by_silcy-d8ahpd2.png

"Did you drink too much punch or something?" Discord inquired, earning himself a smack from Twilight. - Well aren't we imbuing DV as solutions....

But what is seriously unforgivable is that you wrote it without using the pun in punch to give Discord a punch for spiking the punch - You shall be haunted by the spirit of Pinkie for not invoking the punch puns in such a situation...... :pinkiecrazy:

7013987 OH, please SPARE me, Pinke!!!! I'm sorry.:raritycry:
I will do my best to be more punny in the future. :ajsmug:

Subalty is for the WEAK HA HA HA HA HA!!!:pinkiecrazy:

Awee.... :pinkiesmile:SO KAWAIIIIIIIII:pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::flutterrage:

Brilliant, thumbs up.

Rarity YOU SLY DOG INDEED

SQUEEEE*

Login or register to comment