• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 532 Views, 10 Comments

Discord The One & Only - Fractured Note



Twilight faces an interesting demon, but this demon makes deals with the wicked. Discord is exactly that demon and he is on the hunt for souls.

  • ...
5
 10
 532

Zenith

Twilight was alone in her house. Twilight left her castle after her previous friends past away. She has outlived all of her past friends, even Celestia and Luna have passed away. Alicorns live a long time, but they are not immortal. Twilight wanted somewhere quite to stay, to continue her studies and help out Equestria when she is needed. It’s pretty lonely now that Spike was just recently buried. 3,467 years old, about the average for his type of dragon. Though an even bigger scar left her heart broken,

Twilight was sitting in front of the fireplace. Her pale purple coat was glowing in the firelight. Her piercing violet eyes were staring blankly at the fire. She looked puzzled, as if she was lost in thought.

“Ah Ha!” Twilight screamed aloud to herself. Coming alive in the quite house. “I've finally done it! Take that Discord.” Twilight yelled at the ceiling, pointing her hoof as if she were taunting somepony. “Oh Discord, you thought you could best me, oh no. I know your little game. Show yourself! I know you watch me with those hungry eyes of yours!”

As if on cue, a lengthy pony appeared on Twilight's table laying prone with his front arms crossed, as though he was there listening the whole time, which he may have been. Discord was wearing a white suit and a tall white top hat, which made him look like a jester. In fact, most would mistake him so. But don't be fooled, he was no laughing matter. He was a demon and he loved making deals. As you can see, he makes deals with the already corrupt and those with doomed souls. His so called bets come at a price. Because if you lose a bet with Discord, you would lose your soul. His red eyes could see your most inner desires and offer them to you for a wager. Definitely doesn’t look like a demon. He looks like an element of chaos.

Twilight immediately looked towards her new guest. “I have beaten you Discord! I have bested one whom has never been bested before!” Twilight yelled out with joy.

“Oh really? How so?” Discord answered with an interested tone. Raising an eyebrow at his host.

“Our bet was that I'd live for eternity so long as I never reached my life's zenith, correct?” Twilight questioned with excitement underlying her tone.

“Yes, yes and if you do find your life's zenith you’ll die and I get your soul, what of it?

“I have cracked the code my dear Discord. One thing you overlooked, yet so obvious in nature.

Discord hopped off the table and moved towards Twilight and inquired, “Well what might that be?”

“You see Discord,” Twilight let out as if putting the last puzzle piece in its place, like solving a murder and getting to explain it for all to hear. “Reaching true happiness is impossible! No one could ever reach true happiness. One would always strive for something more in life. They would always try to find what's over the next hill. So, my life's zenith will never come! I will live on forever! I've lasted over 4000 years without my zenith and I'd wager 4000 more!”

“That's quite a theory. I agreed to help you achieve great knowledge and advance through life always learning, until the day you've reached your zenith. And you suspect that just because you will keep striving for more and have more to look forward to means you will never be truly happy again? Or is it because your lover met an unfortunate death that you can never be happy again? What was his name? Flash Sentry I believe, oh well, no reason to dwell on the past.” Discord chuckled a bit. “My, my Twilight I think being a scholar really went to your head. We'll meet again Twilight and it may be sooner than you might think.” And with that, Discord faded away into to the air, as if only a figment of Twilight's imagination.

“It's your fault he's dead!” Twilight yelled out to a now vacant room as she breaks down into a light sob. “Some days I wish I could just die.” Twilight paused for a moment. “Where is my knife?” Twilight went to the kitchen and grabbed the knife tightly in between her hooves. She stared at it, pondering in silence for some time. Then in a flash of movement slammed it to the ground. “No! I will not let him best me.” Twilight put a sour taste on “him”. “I will not let that demon have my soul.”

Twilight wandered off to her room grumbling. Her sleep was as restless as that fateful night not too long ago. However, Twilight did not get much sleep, because her thoughts were on him. Twilight tossed and turned, but began talking to the darkness that surrounded her. “Damn demon, bringing up my darling Flash Sentry. Even Discord putting my love’s name in his mouth puts a chill down my spine.”

Just then, Twilight got up and had an idea. She was going to do something she hasn't done in quite some time. She threw on her robe and trotted out the front door. She took a short trip to a small hill next to her house. On top of the hill was a large, ancient oak tree. It was grown by her after her library was destroyed, but she found an acorn and planted it here. This tree has truly stood the test of time. This tree, however, may outlast our dear friend.

Twilight went up to the tree and couldn't resist looking at a special spot. She grazed her hoof over an etched in heart with T+F inside of it. It seemed childish at the time, but Twilight now knows that she will forever remember the love she once had and so will the tree. She found a soft patch of grass to settle down on and gazed at the horizon. The sun was just beginning to rise and Twilight took it all in like a pony who hadn't seen the sun in years. Which in her case, she hadn't watched a sun rise since he passed away. They use to come up the hill every morning to watch the beautiful sunrise together. Twilight was alone this time, but it didn't stop her from remembering those wonderful days. She could almost imagine him sitting there right by her side. The embrace of the sun's warmth was overwhelming. She felt safe and at peace in that very moment. A feeling she hasn't had in an extremely long time. Twilight just wanted to be stuck in this moment forever. She didn't want this moment to ever come to an end.

Twilight spoke, breaking the peaceful silence. “Stay, you are so beautiful!”

At that moment a great warmth overcame Twilight and the moment finally came. Twilight was gone faster than her own zenith. She disappeared without a trace. There will be only one Draconequus to remember her existence and he is no ordinary Draconequus. Laying on a branch of the great Oak tree on top of the small hill was Discord himself. He looked relaxed as he too watched the sunrise.

“What a wonderful sunrise.” He said to himself. “I couldn't imagine a more fitting way to spend the morning. Well actually, now that I think of it, I do have some important business to attend to.”

And with that, Discord leapt off of the tree and landed with a cat's grace. He merrily walked down the hill towards a nearby town. He was looking for another tainted soul who is in the mood to strike up a deal.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading! If there are any grammatical errors please message me and let me know. Also, Thunderbolt Sentinel helped me edit so check out his account (same name), great writer. As always, thank you for reading and enjoy this little tale. Keep Calm and Pony On!

Comments ( 10 )

Discord you beautiful evil bastard you made her happy then you probably killed her off you would cheat and this story author is the best you gotta do more

I love this story. you did a good job, and took my suggestion with Flash. This will go places, probably.:ajsmug:

it's a nice story wish it was longer with lots of details.

6743071 I hope so as well. And thanks again bro

6743538 Only nice things said so far.:rainbowwild:

6743191 Do you mean more details in this one or a longer in depth story? Because I may fix this one up a bit, but I might create a larger story based on this one.

Comment posted by FOXTrot2 deleted Dec 19th, 2015

Hm, interesting. Definitely what this story is. It has a bunch of grammar goofs, but I still found it enjoyable to read. :scootangel: But, actually, I think I found a bit of a plothole here...

If Celestia is dead, how is the sun still rising? In fact, how are any celestial bodies going to do so now that the ones controlling them have now passed? :rainbowhuh:

Login or register to comment