• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 8,337 Views, 246 Comments

A Twist of Fate - ZachTheBrony



A famed hero who dies with honor, who dies for the human race- what is their reward?

  • ...
37
 246
 8,337

Part 6 - Out and about. And absolutely nothing was accomplished.

“Dammit, Lyra!” Cole groaned as he slammed Lyra’s front door behind him. He had waited for her to come back home, just so he could chew her out. No, not that way.

“I-I’m sorry! I just didn’t get my employee insurance check until tonight!” She attempted to defend herself.

“So you make me go through Lord knows how many hours of absolute hell just to tell me that you could’ve gotten the books for me all along!?” Cole stormed upstairs, and went into his guest room, slamming the door shut loudly behind him. “Christ sake...” The conduit let out a sigh, his once angry face deteriorating into a more calm one- his brow relaxing, eyes no longer narrowing.

“You could’ve asked before too...” Lyra’s minty green ears fell against the sides of her head.

He sat down on his bed, and took a long, deep breath. The darkness of the room around him comforted him, as the blinds were shut, letting in only a tiny amount of moonlight. Cole turned around to open the blinds, the moonlight pouring onto his shirt and body. In the distance was a city, built into the side of the tallest mountain in Equestria- Mt. Canterlot.

Judging by pictures in the monarchy book he read on his first night at Lyra’s home, that city was Canterlot- home to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. Or, as Cole would have called them, White Power Ranger and Sailor Moon. He got a small smirk on his face, and opened-up the window. He had some questions to ask. Almost a bone to pick, if you would.

His knees were bent as his feet were on the side of the house, hands gripping the ledge of the window. He then sprung himself forward, and meanwhile launched himself from a pillar of ice, gaining massive momentum as he glided through the air with his static thrusters. He covered a considerable amount of ground in the short time, having to land on the grass outside of Ponyville to launch himself again.


- - - -


Once he got to the mountain, he put his hands on his hips after landing and looking up at the behemoth of rock. “Nothing a tether can’t handle...” Cole chuckled as he bent his knees a little. He cranked his arm back, a ball of electric energy forming in his hand, and shot it forward, a large stream of lightning connecting to the rock far up the mountain. He was yanked towards it, and he used the momentum to increase his speed and run up the side of the mountain. It was like an express escalator.

As soon as he reached the end of his tether, he quickly launched himself from a pillar of ice, and used his thrusters to get as high as he could, before latching onto the mountain far above. Again, he was pulled to it. He repeated the whole process two more times, before he finally managed to reach the city. Of course, though, he had to latch onto the ledge. Otherwise, he’d fall off and down. Not like he couldn’t save himself, though.

Once he got into the city, he had to make his way through somebody’s lawn. Thankfully, not very many of the ponies were awake at the time, so it was pretty much smooth sailing from here to the castle.

But wait. Where the hell was the castle?

Cole groaned, and looked around. When he could find nothing, he let out a sigh. He decided to just look around by getting to the highest ground in the city he could. Hell, this place was almost like New Marais with how many tall structures it had. Bored of using his powers to do most of the work for him, Cole used his parkour skills to quickly scale a building. He crouched-down on the ledge of it once he was at the top.

Need to get to higher ground... the other buildings ’re blocking my view,’ Cole told himself, before he quickly vaulted off of the building, just barely catching onto the ledge of the next one’s roof. He pulled himself up quickly, and ran forward. He jumped with some power, and caught onto a windowsill. Strongly, Cole launched himself upward, and grabbed onto another ledge. He eventually made it to the top. “Ah...” He smiled, eyeing the castle in the distance.

“Uh. What are you doing mister?” Asked a rather high-pitched male voice.

Not answering, Cole looked back. It was a pegasus colt, in a bathrobe. The conduit looked back to the castle, and crouched down. Making the colt gasp, he launched off of an ice pillar, and glided far over Canterlot’s skies. ‘Uh... Why do ponies even bother to wear robes? And who even wears robes? I didn’t wear robes at his age...

Using his lightning tether in midair, Cole managed to get onto the castle without attracting too much attention. He climbed up to the balcony above his head, and pulled himself up. If he had looked behind himself, he would see at least fifteen pegasus guards hovering in midair, looking directly at him.

“So, what brings you here?” A motherlike voice asked. Cole looked up to see Princess Celestia looking down at him.

“Um... just... taking a walk in the park.” The conduit said sarcastically as he pulled himself up. “No, but honestly, I came to see you.” Really? First room he walked into and it was hers? Lesson learned. Scan the area before entering. Getting here though, used up a lot of power.

“Me? Oh, how sweet of you.” Celestia chuckled a little bit, and asked, “But why?”

“I got a few questions to ask you, in private.” Cole walked into her room, followed by the Power Ranger herself, after she dismissed the flying guards and shut the door behind her. “I heard you call me a human before I even said what I was earlier.” He went straight to the point. “How do you know about humans, huh?” The conduit demanded, leaning on the wall.

The Princess sighed. “It is quite a long story.” She warned.

“Oh trust me, I have all night.” Cole crossed his arms as he eyed the Princess. “So you go right ahead and start talking.”

“Was that a threat?” Celestia raised her right eyebrow.

Cole began to get rather impatient. “Do you know what a threat is?” He asked, releasing a sigh. How many threats has he heard since getting powers? “A threat is when a giant monster wants to use you to kill off millions of lives so only a few will live.” Cole let his eyes close a bit as he turned his head to look away from her. “No, a threat is when people realize how strong you are and want you dead. Oh no. I’m not threatening you... But I am making a promise. It’s not you that will feel threatened by me. It’s your people.”

“Very well, then.” Celestia said. She didn’t seem bothered by his words. This made him worry. “Many years ago, I was tampering with my knowledge of magic. Specifically, I was manipulating it to scour through the reaches of space, to see if I could find any habitable worlds aside from our own. Soon, I managed to find only one, which was many, many trillions of light years away from our own world. And I believe it was yours. Using my magic further, I managed to see through the eyes of one of your kind. He was nothing but a simple citizen, but I managed to learn a lot about your kind. And as I went on-”

“Hold on, where was he? I mean, where did he live?” Cole interrupted her with a hand gesture.

“I believe the city he lived in was called ‘Empire City’. Unfortunately though, during one observation, he was killed in a massive blast in the Historic District.” She said. “I managed to capture the source of the explosion before everything went black for the citizen. It was a man, who looked... remarkably like you, to be entirely honest. He held a form of sphere in his hands.” Celestia replied.

Cole’s expression grew rather bitter, before he replied, “That man was me. That sphere, the ‘Ray Sphere’, is what activated the conduit gene inside of me. It’s how I got my powers.”

“Did you know that the sphere would explode?” Celestia asked him, raising an eyebrow.

“Are you kidding me?! The first thing you ask is ‘would it blow’? Not even a ‘how did it feel to be spied on like a pervert’?... But no. I was told over a phone call that I’d be given five hundred dollars to open the package, so I did. I went into a coma for a little while after then. I survived, though.” The conduit spoke. Oh, she was on thin ice. She went from Power Ranger to White She-Devil.

“I see. But I apologize, Cole. Now, aside from these matters, I have taken notice of what you did in Ponyville. You attempted to take the citizenship test, and failed. It was run by me, sent by Mayor Mare of course. Now, I need to ask. Why did you choose to take it?” She asked.

And I wonder how she knew my name...’ Cole almost rolled his eyes, and replied, “So I could get a job. Thought I could be a courier, it’s what I was back home.”

Celestia nodded. “I assume you have come to talk to me about this subject?”

“Yeah. For one, I ain’t bowing to you.” Cole replied quickly. “I ain’t gonna be somebody’s lapdog, no way. So let’s set that straight right there, got that? You know how citizens were like in my home. Carefree, not bowing to anything but the things they had to pay for each month to keep their homes.”

The Princess let out a sigh, taking a little while to think it over. “I suppose that will be fine by me. But do you truly want to be a courier again? Your powers have made you a living storm of ice and thunder, Cole.”

“What do you mean...” Cole squinted at the Princess.

“I was considering asking you to be a part of the Royal Guard, but that would obviously contrast our agreement. Or the weather team, since you can control electricity.” Celestia said.

“The Royal Guard? No, I don’t have a place in that... maybe the... wait, weather team?” Cole cocked his head at the alicorn.

“Yes, the weather team. You do know that weather in Equestria, well, save for the Everfree Forest, is controlled entirely by the pegasi, correct?” She asked him.

The conduit shook his head. “No, no I didn’t know that. Only question I have is, how much does it pay?” He smirked.

“For the first three months of any job, your employer has the right to reduce your pay by at most, half, based on your performance.” Celestia said. “But if you perform well, you can really ‘roll in the dough’ as your people would say.” Oh that sly little- she even winked at him!

“So out of the three jobs, guard, courier and weather-person, which pays the most?” Cole asked, relaxing a little bit.

“Being a Royal Guard pays the most out of the three- their gross monthly income without any deductions is around four thousand bits.” She smiled at the disappointment on Cole’s face. “Couriers can get an average gross monthly income, again, no deductions, of one thousand five-hundred bits a month. Meanwhile, a member of the weather team can average out at nearly two thousand five-hundred bits a month. Keep in mind, the deductions can bring your overall amount down by almost forty percent.” Celestia explained. “But also keep in mind things like insurance and job rate. Couriers don’t get paid if there’s no deliveries, while weather team has the best insurance.”

“Why? That don’t make sense...”

“Weather team members tend to have more accidents and health risks than guards and couriers. It is a time of peace as of now.” Celestia replied.

“Thanks for that. But, about the Royal Guard thing. Would it be possible to be more of a... ‘calling card’ rather than something you have with you all the time?” Cole asked. He pretty much subtly asked her if he could be a mercenary.

“Why do you think the Royal Guard is called as such, Mr. Macgrath?” Celestia teased.

“Right, right... But my best bet would probably be having two jobs. I’m faster on my feet and in the air than I am on a bike.”

“But can you walk on clouds like the pegasi can?”

“Probably not.” Cole replied.

Celestia sighed. “Not that it will make your job harder, but if you can fly at all, it does help. You can always ask Twilight Sparkle, my prized pupil, to cast a spell of cloudwalking on you.” She suggested.

Electric-Man nodded. “You uh... probably saw me gliding through the air in the city, which, yeah. I can kind of fly. Not for long though.”

“Yes, I am quite interested in your powers. Say, is what you said to me all you can do?” The Princess asked.

The conduit shook his head. “No, not even close. I... had a power transfer with a friend of mine. Gave me control over ice, well, you... already knew that but still.” Cole sighed. “Let’s see... bolts, grenades, blasts, missiles...” He stuck out his fingers for each power category he listed, then laid his arm down against his side. “All of them are fueled by electricity, but some of them are ice-based... kinda weird if you ask me why.” He rubbed the back of his head. “I can time travel, use magnetic waves, and cause thunderstorms.” He forgot about just one. “And uh, I can also pull myself towards things with this tether power I have.”

“Time travel? Really?” Celestia seemed to become more curious towards him, raising a brow and smiling.

“Yeah, but it’s more... me in the future. At least, he- I mean, I can do it, easier than I can.” Cole remembered Kessler, how it was technically his own fault for making himself open the package. But it was for the better good- the Beast was dead now. That was his--both Cole and Kessler’s--goal.

“Interesting...” Princess Celestia said. “So, does this all clear everything up for you?”

“Yeah, yeah. It does.” Cole replied, starting for the balcony.

“Ah ah ah, Cole. Remember that you still need to take the citizenship test. So I recommend you get your nose in the books.” Celestia chuckled. “There is the other way as well...”

“Other way?” He looked back to the Princess.

“I remember in your home country- I believe it’s called a green card? People marry for citizenship?”

Cole scoffed and shook his head. “Nice try, but no.” He then jumped off of the balcony and gliding through the night once more. ‘Oh hell no...’ Marry any pony? Pft, in Lyra’s dreams!

Literally.


- - - - The Next Morning, Ponyville...


“Cole! Cole?! Where are... whoa. What are you doing on the roof!?” Lyra’s voice woke the conduit up, who was sleeping on the roof of her house.

“Masturbating!” He replied, a bit cranky. Oh the look on Lyra’s face just made him laugh on the inside. “I was sleeping, thank you very much...” Cole retorted, trying to close his eyes again. Since the roof was made out of hay, and he felt a little bit lazy, he just slept on the roof last night.

“I was gonna say...” Lyra mumbled off, trotting back into the house as Cole shut his eyes again.

Unfortunately, he couldn’t get to sleep. He had tossed and turned and frolicked on the roof, but no position could help. Since he didn’t know the time, he also didn’t know that he got a full twelve hour sleep. Damn straight, he woke up in the afternoon. “Ugh...” He groaned, and slid off of the roof. He landed with bent knees, and walked into the house. He found Lyra sitting in the kitchen, enjoying a cup of coffee while reading the paper.

Cole was just about to grab the coffee pot, when he did a double-take at the front page. “Wait a second...” ‘Oh, great...’ “The Electric Monster of Ponyville? Wow, how familiar does that sound...” He thought aloud.

Friendly electric monster,” Lyra corrected. “At least, that’s what the paper reads. Apparently you seem ‘harmless and helpful’. Is that you helping Fluttershy with her groceries?” She smirked, pointing to a picture on the front page. The biggest one, of course.

If it weren’t for the fact that he just got up, and the fact that the coffee was distracting him, Cole would’ve been a little bit agitated. “Yeah, that’s me.” The smallest thing he had to look forward to? The ponies at least seeing that he wasn’t hostile, maybe. Thank God Nix wasn’t here, that’d be changed up a bit. “So helping a pony with groceries is... newsworthy?”

“Well when you’re a creature that hasn’t even been seen before in Equestria... yeah, it... it is.” Lyra awkwardly replied.

“...” He took a second to think about it. Hell, if a pony made it to Earth, and that pony brushed its teeth, it would make news. “I guess that... makes sense.” Thank God for the coffee, seriously. Cole’s books were upstairs in his guest room. “I’m uh... gonna go study for the citizenship test.” Now that was a sentence Cole would never come to expect fly out of his mouth. Either way, Lyra nodded and he went upstairs. Even if it was a lie.

Which it was.


- - - - Two Hours Later...


The door to the room in which Cole was dozing off creaked open. A sigh came from Lyra’s mouth as she saw her prized possession just oversleeping instead of studying to get his citizenship.

“Cole, wake up.” Lyra said, with little success. All she made Cole do was roll over. “Ugh...” She facehoofed, before she let out a sigh, walking out of the room.

She came back with an airhorn. And oh, she blew it alright.

“GAH!” The Prime conduit yelped, sitting up immediately as he glared at Lyra. “What the hell, Lyra?!”

“Sorry, but you said you were going to study, not sleep.”

“Yeah well you’re not my damn mother, alright?” Cole snapped at her, rubbing his head. “And if I didn’t know it was you, I could have really hurt someone right there.” He scolded.

“Still! You were being lazy and oversleeping! Come on, Cole, you gotta study. This month will fly by if you don’t, and you’ll end up being escorted out of Equestria.” Lyra argued.

“Yeah? Well I’m not gonna study right now... I’m hungry and drained.” Cole replied, sitting-up on the bed. “Literally, I need some juice...”

“There’s some in the fridge if you like orange juice,” Lyra informed him.

Cole held back a frown. “No, electricity. Not actual... ugh, y’know what, nevermind. I’m just gonna go find some myself.” He got up and walked past the mare. Heading into the kitchen once he got downstairs, he opened up the fridge.

“... Eh, I guess a little OJ can’t hurt.” The conduit decided, looking through the cupboards for a glass. He found one and poured himself a glass. Cole downed it almost as fast as he poured it, and placed the empty glass next to the sink. Maybe once he got a job, he could buy better food.

Afterwards, he walked outside. Down the street he walked, into the marketplace. ‘There’s gotta be somewhere I can get some protein at... whoa, an old-fashioned pretzel maker stand?’ He thought, eyeing the stand as its owner served another happy customer who was with a friend.

“Oh my gosh this is so good!” She said to her friend, who chuckled as they went along.

Dammit, wish I had some money...’ Cole thought to himself, moving along. “I would whore myself for a pretzel with mustard.” He thought aloud, under his breath.

Cole continued to walk along the street. Suddenly, a familiar rainbow-maned and tailed pegasus flew low beside him. “Heya Cole! What’s going on?” She smiled at him.

“Not much, just takin’ a walk. Seeing the town, you know, the usual stuff I used to do.” The conduit replied. “What’s goin’ on with you?”

“Ahhh, not much. Just got back from my shift on the weather team. Had to clear out some clouds from the sky near the Everfree again.” Rainbow Dash replied.

Cole saw Rainbow as more of an acquaintance than a friend, but she was alright. “Cool, cool. I was thinking about becoming a part of the weather team, well, uh, I talked with Celestia ‘bout that. She suggested being a part of the Royal Guard, pft.”

“Well, y’know, she kinda has a point if she asked- er, suggested you of all things to be in the Royal Guard. I mean, you have these awesome powers! Who wouldn’t want you as a bodyguard?!” Dash smirked at the conduit.

Cole rolled his eyes. “It’s still just... not me. I don’t see myself doing it. Just me, being in that... gold armor, no. Kissing-up to the Princess too, I just... no, I don’t like being treated like a lapdog.” He almost frowned.

“So... you’re gonna get a job-”

“After I become a citizen.”

“Wait, what? Oh, right, yeah, sorry. You uh... that doesn’t really make any sense. You become a citizen, then you say you’re not even loyal to the Princesses? What’s up with that?” Rainbow asked, almost as if she were interrogating him. And almost as if she was frowning upon him for doing so.

“People back in my world were carefree, as far as the community was concerned.” Cole replied. “It’s what I’m used to. And I don’t feel like changing.” He almost snapped back at her.

Rainbow let out a sigh. “Well... alright, whatever you think is best, I won’t mess with you or nothi-”

“Dash! For Celestia’s sake, you forgot about your next shift! Break is over!” A voice yelled from above, causing both Cole and Dash to look up. It seemed to be a rather burly pegasus stallion with a brown coat and a grey beard.

“Oh, great...” Dash groaned. “Well, I gotta fly Cole, see ‘ya ‘round!” She then zipped up to the skies to continue with her work.

Heh, if breaks are that short, I might reconsider joining the weather team...’ Cole thought to himself, then continued walking.

Soon, he managed to come across a building that looked like a gingerbread house. ‘Huh. Ain’t this a festive building.’ The conduit chuckled, looking at the sign. ‘Sugarcube Corner?

As curiosity commonly killed the cat, Cole must have been a lion. He walked into the shop, the smells of the many baked goods smashing into him like a Ravager charging into him, causing Cole to absentmindedly lick his lips. He could easily just snatch one of the cupcakes on top of the counter- nopony was there to see it happen.

He reached his hand out to grab the cupcake at the top of the pile. Why was he being slow about this? Indiana Jones would be proud.

“Hi there!” A hyperenergetic feminine voice greeted. All Cole could see now was pink, and two blue eyes. Along with an unrealistically huge grin.

“JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!” And then, he tripped, but pummeled the pony who scared the ever-living shit out of him.

With a graviton blast.


- - - - Ten Seconds Later...


Cole was now on his ass, watching the pink mare float and frolic about the store’s ceiling, as the effects of the blast hadn’t worn off.

Yet.

“WOOHOO! That was fun! Do it again! I’m FLYING!!! This is so incredibly gravi-defia-tastic!”

How in the fucking HELL did she not break her spine by smashing into the wall!?!?’ Cole’s thoughts raced a thousand miles a minute. “Don’t ever do that again!” He held his chest, panting heavily.

As if it were timed, the effects wore off, and the mare fell back to her feet. “I’m sorry for scaring you! But how did you make me go all floaty? It was so cool! I was all like ‘Hi’ and you were all like ‘Jesus fucking Christ’, what is that by the way? And what does ‘fucking’ mean? But then you were like ‘BLAM’ then I was like-”

Cole stopped her barrage of hyperenergetic, Flash-and-Deadpool-doing-crack-together narration cold by snapping his hand in a clamp over her mouth. “Shut. Up.” They met eyes. “Once I take my hand off of your mouth, are you going to be talking at twenty damn miles a second?”

She shook her head to the sides. Cole sighed, and let go. “So what is a ‘Jesus Christ’?”

“Not an it but a who... he was a human. Like me.” Even though Cole knew he was damn far from a perfect saint, and slightly far from being a normal human, he meant it biologically. Even though he didn’t believe in the stuff.

“Ooooooh, a human? So that’s what you are! I always wanted to meet you! The Electric Human of Ponyville! Bzzzt!” She was like Superman, she could move so fast. Zoom! Zoom! Zoom, ZOOM!

Well, this has gotta be Deadpool’s pony incarnate...’ Cole thought to himself. “Hold on a second... I just came here because I was... uh... hungry.” He admitted.

“Who is Deadpool? Hungry?” The pink mare gasped. “Ooh! What are you hungry for?! I can get you a cup...” She looked back to the tray.

Wait a second, did she just... no, no I’m hearing things.’ Cole thought.

The tray was stuck onto the wall, due to all the cupcake frosting.

“... cake.” She sighed, almost sadly. Suddenly, she sprang back up happily. “Ooh! Maybe I can get you something else?”

“Problem is, I don’t have any... er... what are they called, uh, cash, yeah. Bits, whatever. I have no bits.” Cole replied.

“That’s fine, silly! It’s your first time here, unless I was out of town! But I wasn’t out of town, so it must have been an evil mastermind!” The Pinkius Equinis Deadpoolius said.

“Would you stop, please?” The conduit was seconds away from getting a severe aneurism in his brain. She was more annoying than Lyra, and that was saying something. All he could do was form a scowl, since it seemed like his powers were wasted on her. That bitch!

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkius Pieus replied. “Oh, by the way I’m Pinkie Pie!” Pinkie held out a hoof with a wide, happy grin on her face.

He looked down at the hoof, then at his food. Back to the hoof, and then to his food. Hopefully she could get the hint. Too bad for Cole, since ponies ate directly with their mouths.

Especially Pinkie Pie, but he didn’t know that.

With a groan, he took the hoof and shook it lightly. “Cole Macgrath...” He replied dryly.

“So, what are you in the mood for Cole? Donuts, cookies, a slice of cake, maybe even a muffin?” She giggled.

“I uh... guess I’ll have a muffin, but anything’ll do.” Cole sat down at a table, rubbing his temples due to the throbbing headache that he was experiencing. It was nice though. He couldn’t remember when the last time he could just walk into a cafe and get food like a normal human was. He felt thirsty for a recharge. “Hey, uh, ‘Pink?” Called the conduit as Pinkie Pie walked off.

“Yes, Mr. Coley-woley?”

“Don’t call me that. But, do you have anything that uh... requires a lot of electricity in here? Like a generator?” Cole asked her.

“Mhm! Ohhh, because you are an electric-human Coley! At least, that’s what the newspaper said! But the generator is downstairs in the basement, and it’s running all the appliances upstairs!” Pinkie Pie replied with a small giggle.

Wait a tick, did she hear him say ‘don’t call me that’?

Ignoring the fact that she called him ‘Coley’, Cole spoke. “Don’t worry, it’ll only be down for a second or two...” He got up to go look for the basement. Once he found it, he walked down the wooden stairs. The conduit lifted his hand, the familiar sparks of electricity flowing about his forearm, lighting up the room as he walked through it. He found the generator very quickly, and smiled almost deviously. “Oh this is gonna be good...” He chuckled, and of course, began to drain the hell out of the thing.

Upstairs, the power cut out after about two seconds of Cole draining the generator. Electricity flowing about his body, Electric Man quickly restarted the generator with a few simple bolts. The electricity remaining in the air was absorbed into Cole’s system, replacing the extremely tiny amount of power he lost from shooting the bolts.

The conduit walked upstairs, only to have Pinkie Pie greet him. “So, what did you do?” She asked him curiously. “Also, here’s your muffins! I didn’t know what kind you liked so I gave you two of our most popular kinds! Blueberry and strawberry is the darker one, because it was made with chocolate dough! Then the lighter one is our chocolate chip and banana muffin!” Pinkie gestured to the tray on her back, which carried the two muffins.

Eagerly, Cole snatched the tray, and sat down at the table. He unwrapped the chocolate chip and banana muffin. The only thing that made it slightly off was Pinkie Pie watching him anxiously, as if she wanted to know his reaction. All he wanted was to get somethin’ to eat, lay off him, Deadpool’s pony incarnate!

But of course, Cole took a large bite of the muffin. “Mm...” He nodded in approval. Even though the muffin was rather cold, the chocolate chips were soft and velvety- really melted in his mouth. The bananas were more of a flavor enhancer, as there were no chunks in the muffin, meaning it was well-incorporated into the batter. The dough was very light and fluffy, which let the ingredients’ flavors take over and saturate the soft dough. “That’s pretty damn good,” Cole couldn’t help but chuckle a little as he took another bite. “I gotta say.”

“You really think so?” Pinkie Pie asked him, smiling almost ear-to-ear.

“Mhm.” Macgrath said while he nodded, taking another bite.

“Thank you so much! It really means a lot to me!” Pinkie Pie giggled happily.

Even though she was a bit annoying, Cole couldn’t help but find the admiration towards her due to the fact that she was a kickass baker as he finished the first muffin, sating his hunger. “Ey uh, do you maybe... mind if I take the other muffin for the road?”

Pinkie gasped. “Roads like muffins? I never knew that!”

“No no, I meant, could I take the other muffin with me so I can have it later?” Man, one thing Cole would have to get used to is the fact that these ponies didn’t have a lot of the idiomatic expressions that the people on Earth did.

“Ohhh, silly me! Of course you can! It’s my pleasure Cole!” The party-pony of Ponyville smiled at the Electric Man, who took the other muffin and stood up.

“Have a good day, ‘Pinks.” He said as he threw the first wrapper into the trash, holding onto the second muffin. Cole walked out of Sugarcube Corner, and let out a sigh. The thought did come back, though, ‘What is she... no, what are ponies made out of, if their spines don’t break when they hit a wall with enough force to crush a skull...!?

This place was really starting to freak him out. Even if it was a cartoon world, Cole still assumed that the laws of physics applied.

Well, everypony knows Pinkie Pie. But some ponies didn’t know Pinkie Pie.






BONUS!!!:


“Oh! By the way, I know this lonely mare that could use a date...”

“Oh hell no, ‘Pie.”

“Not me silly! Applejack!”

“The racist? You want me to date the racist pony.”

“Oh! I’m sure she gets permission from her partners...”

“I said ‘the racist’ not ‘the rapist’.”

“You mean that pony that makes you sit on a couch and you have to talk about yourself?”

“That’s a therapist...”

“In any case, Applejack isn’t a mean pony that goes around forcing ponies to do it against their will.”

“God dammit Pinkie Pie...”

Author's Note:

Dammit all, Pinkie, you silly... pony...!