• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,251 Views, 599 Comments

Awkward Conversations And Other Stories - No one is home



A series of disjointed, interconnected stories about people and ponies. There are many conversations. All are awkward.

  • ...
5
 599
 1,251

PreviousChapters Next
The Cutie Market (Z-978): The Curse of the Unspeakable Pinkie Pie

When the words asked where I wanted to go, they really asked what I wanted, all I could think to say was, “Give him back!”

When the words asked what I wanted to take, they really asked what I was willing to pay, and I answered, “I don’t care, just give him back.”

And I was back at the invasion. And I looked at myself. And I looked back at me. And that was all the time it took and I watched as I was torn in half by arcane magic. And I saw my sister, number #13. And I ran. And I was too late. And I held my sister in my hooves. And I looked at the terror that had unleashed this hell, and she looked back. It wasn’t the Pinkie Pie of my world. It certainly wasn’t the Pinkie Pie of this world. It was a Pinkie Pie that could only exist in that corrupted nightmare. It was the true unspeakable.

When she looked me in my eyes I could see the torments of the laughing abyss reflected in her gaze. She looked me in the eyes and she laughed as she wielded her unicorn death machine, and I waited for death to come, instead she had something much worse in mind for me.

“I thought you said you didn’t care what the price was?” She whispered impossibly from across the battlefield, “Live with it.”

And I lay there in the street in my sisters pooling blood. I laid there and I thought about Pinkie Pie #13 of my world, also forever lost beneath a molten silver sky. After Silver Lining had liberated the hive she had taken the name Cupcake, and become a professional Pinkie Pie impersonator. And I had escaped the destruction of our entire world only to immediately become the reason she was suddenly dead again. So I just laid there and waited for the blast that would sweep me from the street like garbage and put an end to it. And he wave of pure love, when it came was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, but the sweet release it promised me from my guilt was a lie.

I lay there wide-eyed and untouched in the hurricane of changeling bodies. The curse of the Unspeakable Pinkie Pie hanging over my soul like an executioner's blade. I would live with my guilt, and I would be marked by it. The energy triggered a change in me. First it was only the appearance of my cutie mark. I understood it’s meaning intimately. The change came only seconds later, and I was the way you found me in the nightmare Filly Factory. It was my destiny to embody the monster who killed my sister, because it was my selfish wish that had caused her death.

-=-=-=-=-

“That’s terrible,” Starlight Glimmer’s concern was genuine and heartfelt, “But it’s over now, dear. I can lock this away and…”

“NO!” Z’s eyes went wide with panic, “You don’t understand!”

“I understand that this unnatural mark has caused you nothing but pain,” the unicorn cocked her head in confusion, “And while parts of your story are quite outside of my understand, it seems like returning it to you would be a cruelty rather than a kindness.”

“You don’t know the price of changing destiny,” Z pleaded desperately.

“You’re a good pony Starlight,” Dayglow moved between the unicorn and the changeling, “As painful and unfair as destiny may be, we’ve seen the price of breaking it. It’s easy to say you’ll pay any price. And when you look at a dead world, and see the cost for yourself, you’ll understand.”

“You know what I’m planning don’t you,” the unicorn glared accusingly at the tazlpony.

“I’m not going to try to stop you,” Dayglow nodded his head, “You’ve done me a great service today, Starlight. You’ve brought back somepony I thought I’d lost forever. Now, please, honor your promise and return what you’ve taken. Leave us to walk our paths as we leave you to walk yours.”

Starlight nodded solemnly and Z swallowed hard turning to her transformed lover, “When she puts that mark back on, I won’t be Z-978 anymore, I’ll be… her…”

“You’ll be the mare who put me back together when I was most broken,” Dayglow smiled, “You’ll be the mare who traveled across a nightmare to find me.”

“If you’re both sure this is what you want?” At the couple's collective nod, the cursed mark was released and Z was once again lost to the unspeakable pink madness, but Dayglow swore he would never again leave her to walk her path of damnation alone.

“We will be monsters together,” he whispered, “Wherever this shadowed path leads us.”

The train lurched with a horrible screeching of breaks, and at that moment everything went all to hell.

Author's Note:

Am I the only writer in the Silververse who's NOT shipping princesses? The answer is yes. Yes I am. :trollestia:

PreviousChapters Next