• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,263 Views, 599 Comments

Awkward Conversations And Other Stories - No one is home



A series of disjointed, interconnected stories about people and ponies. There are many conversations. All are awkward.

  • ...
5
 599
 1,263

PreviousChapters Next
Survivor's Guilt (Pinkie Pie #13): Anypony But Me

My name is Pinkie Pie #13, but you’ll never call me that. I am Somepony. I am Anypony. I am Whatserface. For 20 bits I am any pony you want me to be. Any pony but one. I can never be Pinkie Pie. I can’t be my sister. I can never be that.

Whatever form you tell yourself I am, I am a little pink filly with a little pink mane, and a blank flank.. Technically it’s illegal but they haven’t called me out yet. If I still had a “natural” form it would have more holes than Chrysalis’ cunt. But when I try to picture who am all I can ever see is a scared little pink filly who’s family is being killed by rainbows.

I was in the invasion. I was one of the 78. The “elements of Deception”, Chrysalis called us. We were told we were the elite. We were the hives answer to the Ponies’ Elements of Harmony. With our training and strength in numbers we couldn't lose. Too bad the lie was on us.

We were the truest of drones. Force grown and educated in pods, we were foal soldiers in every sense. I don’t know if even the bitch queen knew the ferocity the ponies would unleash against us. There were six of them. We had thirteen copies of each. They ripped through us like we were made of paper. My big sister, #7, she said to stay close and she’d keep me safe. When the Pink horror rained death on us, she shielded me. I survived by hiding underneath her body until the winds of magic and love swept us from the streets like garbage.

Most of us who hadn’t died in the actual fighting ended up just changeling shaped stains on the walls of canterlot, but my sister saved me again. My impact was broken by her body. There wasn’t anything left of her to mourn after that. Pinky Pie #7, the best big sister a changeling ever had was a stain on a wall to be cleaned by uncaring ponies. That was when I found out I was broken. I tried to take my true form and return to the hive, but I couldn’t. Every time I tried to remember who I was, all I could see was rainbows and death, and my sister smeared across a wall. And there I was a blank-flank little pink filly with a straight little mane.

So I couldn’t go home, Chrysalis had no use for broken drones. So I made my home among the ponies. It wasn’ that hard, really, getting ponies to feed you love when you could be anypony they wanted. Most of the time I didn’t drink very deep. This one time, though, there was this Pegasus who wanted me to be his co-workers foster sister. He had a picture, a cute little orange and purple little blank-flank pegasus. I drained him dry. After what he asked me to be for him… I didn’t even care if he survived.

That night I was glad Seven wasn’t there to see the monster I became. But it got better. I eventually figured out I could still turn into a changeling, it just wasn’t my “natural” form. It was a disguise like any other. There were seven of us, out of the original 78, that I know of who survived. A Lot of the survivors had gone to Fillydelphia, following Chrysalis’ escaped brood queen. But none of the elements, we all stayed in Canterlot. Dash #8 and Rarity #5 joined the new hive. They said I could too, all I had to do was stop stealing love. I took a pass, but they still helped me falsify some paperwork to get me a job at the hospital maintaining the changeling healing pods the hive had donated. All I had to do was disguise myself as a changeling without holes. Easy enough, I can be pretty much anypony I want… except myself, or Pinkie Pie. So I picked a random name out of a book on Zebra culture and got a day job.

I think Eight and Five thought maybe they could get me to stop… well you know. And I’ll be honest, I don’t know why I don’t. I make plenty of bits. And I could always go to the new hive. It’s fairly easy to stay fed in Canterlot by all accounts, now changeling here really has to turn tricks and steal love from johns just to stay fed. So why don’t I? It’s possible the new changeling “princess” could even help me with my disorder. But I feel like I need to be that little pink filly, to remind myself of Pinkie Pie #7, because I’m the last Pinkie Pie now. All the others are dead, and I can’t even be Pinkie Pie, that one thing that I was literally hatched to do.

-=-=-=-=-

“Nurse Zillia,” Doctor Well Heart, a blue unicorn with a white mane and tail and a heart and stethoscope cutie mark, smiled as the changeling nurse walked into the hallway, “How’s our patient?”

“No changes,” the changeling shook her head saddly.

“I would be surprised if there were,” the doctor nodded, and smiled again at the changeling, “You know, it’s a good thing you do, taking up so much of your personal time talking to him like that.”

“If I were in a strange place with no family or friends, I’d want someone to care about me, that’s all,” the nurse returned the doctor's smile with one of her own, “But I really must get going. Have a nice evening Doctor.”

Sometime later, in a nearby alley, Nurse Zillia disappeared in a flash of changeling magic, replaced by a little pink filly with a little straight pink mane who herself disappeared into the shadows of the city.

Author's Note:

Did you really think I was done with Z? :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next