• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 955 Views, 9 Comments

I'm Sorry it had to Come to This - Bright Keys



Rainbow Dash recently finished her training to be the captain of the guard in the rapidly developing town of Ponyville. Things are peaceful in the small city, at least until a den of illegal Changelings are discovered.

  • ...
0
 9
 955

Interlude: Better

“I can’t fly in this stupid armor!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, throwing her helmet to the ground. This was the third time that day she had run the same drill, and the twelfth time this week she’d failed it. Spitfire landed next to the frustrated pegasus, and flashed a bit of a smile.

“Y’know, All of the Wonderbolts are trained to fly in medium to heavy armor, based on build.” She picked up the helmet and pushed it to Dash. “I’m sure if you asked the right recruits, they could give you the tips you need.”

“Yeah great.” Rainbow grumbled. “Thirteenth times the charm.”

“I remember when I first joined with the Wonderbolts.”

“Yeah. I bet you were the star pupil.”

“Far from it actually. I constantly ruined the formations and patterns, and in my eyes, it was never my fault. One day, my flight commander comes up to me and tells me to fly thirty laps around the island, and read all the current books.”

“That’s a bit harsh.” Rainbow Dash stated.

“Maybe, but it taught me a lesson: the group is only as strong as their weakest link. These guardsponies are going to look up to you to lead them.”

“I’ll try the exercise again tomorrow morning.” Rainbow said with a defeated sigh.

“Maybe you just need to get used to it. You know what? Let’s take the day off tomorrow. It’s our off season, so I have the time.” Rainbow Dash looked shocked.

“You would take the day off?!”

“On the condition that you wear that practice armor all day, and talk to the list of Wonderbolts I’ll drum up for you.” Rainbow’s face lit up.

“Thank you so much!”

“Anything to help. You’re done for the day.” Spitfire said abruptly, walking off to the barracks. Rainbow Dash picked up the discarded helmet, looking over the various dents and scuffs, where other students probably expressed their frustrations in a similar manner. It had already been two weeks since her training began.

Author's Note:

Bit of a short thing I had an idea for.

Comments ( 1 )

This is a really in interesting concept, and i’d love to see it continued!
It’s really good, and i like the way that it’s written. The characters seem really close to that in the show and movie, and I wouldn’t probably mistake this as something that’s had been written by one of the scrip writers for the show if i didn’t know any better!

Login or register to comment