• Published 15th Dec 2015
  • 2,848 Views, 57 Comments

Twilight's Last Goodbye - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



She will live forever, her friends won't

  • ...
6
 57
 2,848

Always Missing You

Twilight stared down with a sad expression upon her cheeks as she gazed into the coffin which held her friend. It had never occurred to her this would happen, and now that it has, she regrets every minute of being princess. She wished she could tear her wings off and be done, but she knows she can't. She didn't want to live forever. The loss was too much for her since she was no longer the happy soul she used to be. Memeories always flying through her mind like never ending torture. Things that used to make her laugh, or smile, only make her cry now.

It had been a cloudy day, with a slight rain, which only made the scene more mellow

"What's the point of being princess of friendship when there's no friendship to be shared?" Twilight always asked herself. Her duty as a princess of Equestria seemed irrelevant to her now, and without purpose. Everyone she cared about most were now gone, or already dying. Ponyville was foreign to her now, seeing no familiar faces if they hadn't deceased yet. Her studies came to an abrupt stop, and her castle was empty, of any other souls than herself.

She stood up at the podium, preparing to make her brief speech about Pinkie before the bury her in the ground next to the other four of her friends. She already had a hard enough time fighting back the tears as it was, and Staring at her friend's dead body wasn't helping any.

"Pinkie Pie...now Pinkie Pie...the happiest soul you would have ever seen," Twilight began, with the foreign crowd listening closely, as Octavia played a sad tune in the background. "She somehow had the ability to defy even the law of physics at will and whenever," Twilight sniffed. "She was always there to lend a helping hoof, to cheer you up, and make you feel happy if you were down even the slightest bit. Pinkie Pie was no ordinary pony. She was always hyper and happy, ready to start the day, but for the first time, she won't be doing any of that. I was there in the hospital with her when she died. I held her hoof as she said her last words to me. She told me to try and be happy, and quite frankly, its hard when all my friends have gone, and I hardly know any of you. It makes me wonder how many times Celestia and Luna have experienced this, or how many times they will before they cease to live, if that ever happens."

Twilight gave a heavy sigh where she removed her crown from her head.

"Now it feels like I'm a princess without purpose or reason. I've got no more friends to share friendship with, so without my friends, what am I now?" Twilight gazed down sadly, placing her crown back upon her head.

She saw Pinkie lying on her back in the coffin, eyes closed and fore hooves over her chest. Upon her chest was the element of laughter, turned grey with the passing of its owner.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie. I'm so sorry." Twilight sniffed with tears in her eyes, taking one last good look at her friend. "I will forever miss you."

Twilight lit her horn, her purple aura appeared in a silhouette around the cover of the coffin, slowly closing it. Tears leaked from her tired eyes as she lifted the coffin off the ground, moving it over the hole in which Pinkie would be buried. Her legs wobbled, weak and weary as she lowered the coffin into the hole. She stared down where the coffin lay six feet below, where two stallions began shovling dirt onto it.

A small choir of ponies sang as the stallions shoveled. Tears dripped from Twilight's cheeks, but nopony could tell as they blended in with the rain. Next to the other graves, there was a gravestone placed into the dirt along with the others. Ponies came along to place flowers at the foot of the gravestone, ranging from roses, to tulips, to tiger lillies, to daffodils.

Even as the ponies packed up and left, Twilight stayed, gazing upon the five graves before her, knowing the ones she held closest to her heart lay here, beneath the ground. Each of their gravestones had an image of their cutie mark at the top. She thought about all the fun and bad times they had, how many evils they overcame, how through it all, six different ponies, each with a different past, personality, and life style, were all the best of friends. Through everything they went through, she thought nothing could ever possibly ever tear them apart, but where are they now?

They've all died, and moved on to greener pastures, leaving Twilight in the dust, with nopony to turn to. She was grateful for the many years she had with them, but never thought of the fact they'd die, and she will live forever.

Twilight turned her gaze up to the sky as the sun began to show through the cracks in the cloud, painting the land with its light like a beautiful canvas. The gems in which the cutie marks upon the gravestones were made with, glistened in the light. It became too bright for Twilight to see, forcing her to cover her eyes. As the light died down, she removed her hoof, to see five colorful, transparent apparitions in front of the graves. One was a rainbow maned pegasus, an orange apple farmer, a shy animal lover, a beautiful fashon designer, and a joyful partier, all wearing the same sincere smile. And they all looked young again.

Twilight's eyes went wide from the sight. "Girls!?"

Their smiles grew a little wider as they walked up to her.

"Thank ya, for all the wonderful years," said Applejack where Pinkie began bouncing up and down.

"Yeah! They were like the best years of our lives!" Pinkie cheered joyfully.

"It's gonna suck not being able to hang out with you anymore," sighed Rainbow Dash. "But it was all worth it."

"And we all hope you can go on without us." Fluttershy stated in a nervous tone like always

Rarity nodded in agreement. "We may have all had our up's and down's, but what mattered, was that in the end-

"We were all there for each other!" They said in unision, giving Twilight a final nuzzling group hug.

"Thanks girls," said Twilight as they parted a minutes later. "This means a lot."

Pinkie Pie smiled. "It's what we're here for. We might not be able to be with you physically, but we'll always be right here." Pinkie placed her hoof on Twilight's chest, over her heart. "Don't ever forget us."

Their smiling apparitions began to blur, and their bodies formed together in a ball of rianbow colors, glowing brightly. Twilight watched as it absorbed itself into her chest, the aching feeling in her heart faded completely.

She smiled, gazing up at the mid-afternoon sky.

Author's Note:

I was told I should make a sequel instead of adding another chapter, but to me, this wouldn't make sense as a sequel. But either way, I hope you enjoy it :D

Comments ( 15 )

This is the very definition as to why immortality sucks. What's the point of living forever if you have no one to share it with. Poor Twilight, everything and everyone she has, will or ever met will die and she will endure all alone.
Well that sucks.

6742249 Thanks :D Can I has like? XD

:moustache: Twilight our friends might be gone but at least help with the colts and fillies, Me and the Cake twins need a little help here!
:twilightoops: Oops I forgot! the children and grand childern
:ajbemused::raritywink::yay::rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy:

orig14.deviantart.net/1993/f/2015/335/7/9/family_pix_by_hillbe-d9ioq2e.jpg

6743004 In sixty ears even the cake babies would be old and dying XD

The highlight? The apparitions at the end. That was so beautifully done that I was able to imagine the scenario quite clearly. That is where the feels struck.

That scene itself, if I were to put it one word, is bittersweet. It would have to be the most emotionally impacting scene, similarly to Pinkie singing into her dying breath in the last chapter.

Plus, I am a sucker for that kind of scene. The final image of those lost, but seeing them once again in their prime smiling upon you, or in this case, a few departing words, really can pull your heartstrings.

6743791 Which is why i made this chapter :)

6741809

yeah...apart from Celestia, Luna and Cadance

6745052 Luna and Celestia have endured things that probably were the worst htings to over come. Luna losing Snow Drop, and Celestia having to go a thousand years without luna

Just wondering where is spike in all this, him being a dragon and all ....

6885642 it was mentioned he went off to do his own thing i dunno where XD

One thing that confuses me is why Princess Twilight would bury the elements when new ponies could be found to wield them? If the elements could survive being disconnected to the princesses and then sat unused in an abandoned Castle of the Two Sisters for a thousand years, then they would survive the deaths of the five friends. After all, abandoning the elements, one of Equestria's most important means of defense, wouldn’t happen without a very good reason.

If you write another chapter, Princess Twilight should find a new group of five Element bearers to wield the Elements of Harmony. Unlike other stories that deal with only new pony element bearers taking up the elements, be original and have some of the Element bearers be a donkey, a buffalo, a griffin, and a Minotaur.

*while watching season premier*
Celestia: The birth of a natural alicorn is something Equestria has never seen!
Me: *hits rewind*
Celestia: Never seen!
Me: That moment you realize, Twilight is immortal, and this will happen some day. :raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

For such a short chapter and me being able to take a lot of sadness this brought me to tears very well done:applecry:

The veteran approves of this story. Somehow, I did not get teary, though this is touching. I guess i've seen too much in my life.

Login or register to comment