• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 751 Views, 6 Comments

Shattered Harmony: True Terror comes In Packs - NightmareTRXY32



Twilight and her friend must not only deal an alien threat from outside their world but the arrival of the Three most prominent Demon lords of the Burning Hells. Those Demon Lords: Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, will turn Equestria on its head.

  • ...
 6
 751

Slipping Between the Cracks

Twilight turned to her left and saw nothing but white, there were no trees, just padded walls. She turned again and was back in the forest with Sombra and Rainbow Dash. What was happening to me she started thinking. She turned again to see Celestia and her friends surrounding her in the padded room praying for her well being, and yet when she turned to the right again she was greeted with Rainbow Dash's loving eyes. What was going on. Was her mind finally starting to slip? Was her sanity past the point of recovery?

She couldn't tell, not now, at least not anymore. Her mind was slipping away on her and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Rainbow Dash is right there she thought, and yet she's also with our friends. Their waiting for you back at the hospital Twilight, All your friends are there.... waiting to kill you. Wait, she thought some more, KILL ME? NO. NO. NO. They care about me, they-they wouldn't do that... would they? She was so unsure now what was real and what wasn't. It all started to blur together for a moment. The Trees seemed to merge with the White padded room she was simultaneously occupying.

She felt dizzy as she watched the room begin to spin in different directions.

"Its ok. Their.. their waiting for me.." She begun to blather under her breath.

"All my friends.... yes my friends," She kept repeating.

Everyone were still searching the woods for the 3 ponies. Rarity kept shouting their names in the vain attempt that they'd hear her. The 3 of them were miles away by now, but the white unicorn didn't know that until it began getting late. Celestia called off the search for now, she told everypony they'd start again when the morning was clear the next day. She had no idea the mental stress Twilight was going through at this moment. No one did. And no one else would realize that 'Sombra' was in fact just a sick manifestation of Twilight's soon to be twisted mind.

Rainbow Dash was doing all she could to help her marefriend through this ordeal. What she didn't realize was that Twilight's magic was having an effect on her to the point that she was sharing in her friends delusions. And it all started the moment they left the woods together. Twilight could feel something clawing at the back of her mind. What if Rainbow Dash was going to betray her. NO. No. Rainbow would't resort to that she thought to herself. She loves me, she'd never hurt me or turn on me.

She .. She wouldn't. NO. NO. Twilight pushed the thought out of her mind as much as she could. She wasn't going to hurt then only pony other than her family that she truly loved and cared for. Rainbow Dash couldn't help but look worried as her friend sat there on the ground, and rocked herself back and forth. What am i gonna do? Rainbow Dash was pacing back and forth herself. Her friend was going insane and she couldn't think of anything to truly help her. She cared about Twilight more than anypony. This pained her to see Twi in this kind of condition.

Twists and Turns
SPiraling down
Through a mirror Darkly
Sliding down the shaft
Slipping through the Cracks
Fading into the black
I've lost the view of the path....
My demons surround me...
I'm getting lonely...
But your voice guides me back.

Twilight could hear the words repeating in her head. With every utterance they became clearer and louder, almost like a Thunderstorm sounding off in her mind. She knew that Rainbow Dash would keep her safe. She knew that her love for her would make it all the more clear. Twilight opened her eyes to see Rainbow Dash standing over her with a concerned look on her face. Then they heard the sound of hoof steps. And they were getting closer. Rainbow Dash jerked her head to her left side in time to see a familiar pony approaching their location. She looked as if she was gonna panic.

"It's ok Rainbow, whatever happens at least we're together, right?," Twilight said as she got to her hooves.

"Your'e right," RD told her lovingly.

"IVE FOUND THEM," came the voice and soon the rest of their friends, as well as Celestia, were surrounding them.

"Rainbow," Applejack wasnt mad or anything when she saw the condition they were in,"Twi needs to come with us, back to the hospital."

"Yea, sure, just so the rest of you can lock her away?," Rainbow was getting nervous and angry at the idea of Twilight being sent back and forgotten, instead of being cured of whatever was wrong with her.

"It's not gonna be like that, Sugarcube," AJ was doing her best to keep the situation from spiralling out of control.

"I mean it Applejack, step BACK," Rainbow Dash got between her and Twilight. She looked ready to kill some pony.

"You need to comeback with us Twilight," Even Celestia tried to intervene and calm everypony down.

"You.. you're just jealous," Twilight spat," Jealous that i have somepony to love me and not force me to alone like you were for nearly 1000 years."

"How dare you...,"Celestia said with all the bitterness she could muster," I have you know Twilight that i did love somepony once. But he was killed during the first war with the Crystal Empire. I watched my beloved die as that bastard Sombra plunged a blade through his heart. So don't stand there and presume to know the things ive been through." Celestia could tell she shocked everypony with the revelation she just laid out, everypony including Twilight

She had never told anyone about that before. She had carried that burden for 1000 years, even during the time when she banished her own sister to the moon.

Author's Note:

Hope you all like this, ill work on it some more tommorow.