• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 1,008 Views, 16 Comments

It's beginning to look alot like Krampus - Scootadasher13



Diamond Tiara is kidnapped by Krampus. Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Silver Spoon must save her.

  • ...
1
 16
 1,008

The day before

It was three days till Hearths Warming Eve and four young fillies were riding back from the train station having just seen their friend off to the Pie rock farm with her family.

"I really wish Apple Bloom could have stayed here for Hearths Warming," said Scootaloo her little wings buzzing and creating a chill wind behind her as she sped to Sugarcube Corner. "It's going to be kinda boring without the big Apple party this year"

"You've got a point Scoots," said Sweetie Belle her scarf flapping in the breeze as they sped through the town. "But, you know that there will be plenty of fun at my house. You are still coming over for dinner tonight, right?"

"Yeah, me and my family wouldn't miss it," said Scootaloo. "It was really nice of Apple Bloom to give us these gift certificates to Sugarcube Corner. I can't wait to get a triple peppermint dark chocolate hot chocolate with extra sprinkles and whipped cream. What about you guys?"

"I'm going to get a cherry-changa sundae with extra syrup," said Diamond Tiara. "What about you Spoon?"

It had been about a month since Diamond had realized the error of her ways and decided to try helping others rather than just looking out for herself. There had been some strained dinners that first week after she had stood up to her mother, but eventually Spoiled Rich noticed her daughter was genuinely happy for once. So she decided that if her daughter wanted to mingle with the, what she saw as, inferior masses than far be it from her to get in the way of her daughter’s choices. Now Diamond was finally starting to make friends with the other students at Ponyville Elementary. Everypony seemed to really be enjoying the new and improved Diamond Tiara and her grades had even begun to come up a bit.

"I think that sounds like a great idea. I'm going to go with that too" said Silver Spoon her silver braid wrapping around her front as the four finally stopped in front of the famous confectionery wonderland.

The cupcake that sat at the top had been wrapped in green and red lights that made it look like sprinkles were covering it. The posts were wrapped in what appeared to be edible wrapping paper, making them look like two giant candy-canes were holding up the roof.

As the four fillies walked in they were surprised to see almost the entire town inside the bakery. Flapping her wings to try gain elevation above the sea of ponies and see what was happening at the counter, Scootaloo saw Mr. and Mrs. Cake were frantically writing down orders and bustling in and out of the back room. She watched as Mr. Cake would walk into the kitchen with a stack of orders and come out a few minutes later carrying several varying types of sweets or drinks. He would then place the foodstuffs down on the counter and turn right around and, taking the next stack of orders from his wife would repeat the whole process over again.

“What’s it look like?” asked Sweetie Belle once Scootaloo landed back down.

“The entire place is packed,” Scootaloo responded. “What’s going on? It’s not that chilly outside”

Suddenly a voice called out from above them: “It’s Pinkie Pie’s fault. She gave everypony in town a gift card

The fillies looked up and saw Rainbow Dash hovering above the sea of ponies. She was dressed in a Santa Hooves coat with matching hat. She even had a beard over her muzzle which clashed horribly with her blue coat and rainbow mane. Scootaloo saw her idol and almost busted up laughing.

“Watch it squirt,” Rainbow said threateningly. “I could say that you four are here to take over from us if you don’t watch it”

The fillies looked around and noticed all of Rainbow’s friends, minus Pinkie and Applejack, were walking through the shop dressed in some kind of holiday outfit each carrying trays of sweets to the tables. Rarity was dressed as Mrs. Hooves, while Fluttershy and Twilight were dressed as reindeer. Looking through the legs of the customers they saw Spike was dressed as an elf.

“I’m honestly surprised that Rarity is letting you walk around wearing that outfit Rainbow,” said Sweetie Belle looking at her sister carry over a tray of some kind of hot drink to a table where Lyra and Bon-bon sat.

Sweetie Belle looked back at the polychromatic Pegasus. “I thought she would never let a friend make such a horrible fashion choice.”

“I only allow such horrible clashing of colors when I’m the one who made them. Besides Rainbow won the drawing for who got to be Santa Hooves this year,” Rarity said while walking over to the group by the door having heard her name and seeing her sister and her friends. “You should really know me better than that dear Sweetie Belle.”

“What do you mean ‘It’s Pinkie Pie’s fault’?” asked Silver Spoon nervously. “And what are you all doing here?” She and Diamond felt a little out of place whenever their friends’ sisters would show up, considering how much hurt they had caused the Crusaders.

“Since she has to go back to the rock farm this year, she gave everypony in town a gift card for the shop and they all decided to use them today” Rainbow said. “Of course, the fact that Pinkie gave them out today before she left and that they expire tonight might have something to do with this mad rush”

“They always help out at the shop during the Hearths Warming season,” explained Sweetie Belle. “When we first formed the Crusaders we tried to help out. I think there are still some burn marks in the kitchen that Mr. Cake hasn’t been able to get rid of yet”

“Honestly, I’m relieved that you three finally got your Cutie Marks,” Rarity chuckled. “Now you won’t be going all over town destroying everything in sight trying to make them appear, and I don’t have to pay for damages anymore”

“I hear that Rarity,” Rainbow said. “Anyway, what do you four want to eat?”

After the fillies had given their order and cards they walked over to an empty table. In no time at all, Twilight walked over with their treats.

“Triple peppermint dark chocolate hot chocolate with extra sprinkles and whipped cream?” Twilight asked lifting the chocolate indulgence of the tray with her magic.

“Here” said Scootaloo licking her lips at the sight of the whipped cream and sprinkles.

“Two Cherry-changa sundaes with extra sauce?” Twilight said next.

“Those are for me and Spoon, Princess Twilight” said Diamond Tiara. She had heard the story of how the treat had come into being but had never tried one.

“You can just call me Twilight, you know,” Twilight said as she placed the treats down in front of the two earth ponies. “Then the large Frosted Cinnamon Roll milkshake must be for you Sweetie Belle?”

“Yep,” Sweetie Belle chirped. Ignoring the weird looks her friends gave her for ordering something cold, she said “This is so nice that we can all be together and enjoy a treat”

The others agreed with her and dug into their respective sweets.

After they had finished and Fluttershy had come by and deposited their dishes in the tray the four ponies walked out into the cold winter air.

Silver Spoon shivered “How long were we in there? It feels like it’s minus ten degrees”

“I’m not sure Spoon,” said Scootaloo clicking her helmet in place. “Do you girls want a ride home? It’s on the way to Sweetie’s house”

“Sure, thanks for the offer Scootaloo” said Diamond Tiara.

After the others had loaded into the wagon attached to the back of her scooter, Scootaloo took off. She didn’t go as fast as before because she had heard from Rainbow that if you work too hard after having a lot of sugar you could end up falling asleep and she definitely didn’t want that to happen tonight. Sweetie Belle’s family’s parties were always exciting and lots of fun. Approximately ten minutes later she stopped in front of the Rich mansion. Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara climbed off the wagon and said their goodbyes.

“We should get together tomorrow and go Hearths shopping,” suggested Diamond Tiara. “How about at 10:00 we meet in the square?”

Everypony agreed to that so she and Spoon walked towards her house and the party that was most likely already taking place inside. Tiara never really enjoyed her parent’s parties for the guests but she found it more enjoyable to sit with Silver Spoon, watching and laughing at all the high society wannabes who would cozy up to her parents.

When the two earth ponies had gone inside, Scootaloo started up her wings and took off towards Sweetie’s house. After another five minutes she arrived in front of the two story house.

“This is going to be so exciting,” Sweetie Belle said as they walked in through her front door. “My mom says that she invited all of my sister’s friends and that Twilight has a special surprise for the two of us.”

After about twenty minutes, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and all the others walked into the living room. They had all taken off their outfits and were chatting about the day.

“Did you see how many ciders Berry Punch ordered?” Rainbow Dash was saying. “I mean, I love cider as much as the next pony…ok more than the next pony, but come on! I’m surprised she was able to stay awake after her 10th one”

“Now, now, Rainbow Dash,” chided Rarity. “If you seriously think we would continue to feed Berry Punch’s habit of getting drunker than a griffon on a bender, you seriously don’t know the Cakes as well as you think. There was not a drop of alcohol in any of those ciders”

“Oh,” said Rainbow Dash. “Well that’s better. At least she won’t get so drunk she forgets she’s an earth pony and try to fly by leaping off the roof of gazebo”

Rarity and Sweetie Belle’s parents came out of the kitchen carrying trays of food.

“Alright everypony,” Twilight said. “I’m going to tell you all, and particularly you Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, a scary Hearths Warming story”

Twilight’s horn glowed with magic as she snuffed out all the candles and dim the lights in the room. While she did this, Rarity pointed her horn, which began to glow with a blue light, at the fireplace and with a whoosh a fire started burning.

“This is the story of Krampus” Twilight said scarily.