• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 10,708 Views, 428 Comments

The Days Passed - SilverEyedWolf



A poor break-up sends Spike to the most understanding of the Six. She sends him to bed.

  • ...
24
 428
 10,708

PreviousChapters
Author's Epilogue

Well, that was a ride, wasn't it? December 2015 all the way to January 2021, and 42 chapters, ending at over 100k words with 500 likes.

Fuck man, those are some great stats.

I wanted to use this space to talk about the story, where it went and where it should have gone, but those paths have been tread and the signs are about if you'd like to walk them. Instead, I'm going to thank a couple of people, and then tilt myself towards other projects (I'm already a chapter into a Spike-Pie story in the same vein as this one, as well as my other projects :yay: )

Now, I can't thank every single person that's read this individually, that's just ludicrous. So instead I'm going to cherry-pick the names I know, recognize, and love (platonically [mostly :raritywink: ]).

The first person is a salty, rowdy boy named B_25, without whom the later parts of this story would not exist. When I was at the lowest point in my writing and wavering on whether to even continue this story or not, he came across my dash and gave me the philosophical kick in the nads that got me writing with any sort of frequency and quality. Thanks to the boi and his entire Discord, which has supplied me with laughs and support just by existing.

The second person is one of my longtime serial commenter s, DarkDMan. This is one of those Bilbo Baggins bits, where I don't know you half as well as you deserve. But I do know that you've been here for at least four years, and you've always had something to say, always good as far as I remember. You're appreciated, and you helped me go on before B got to me like he did. Love to you, boi :heart:

Thanks to lazyreader19, in the same vein as Dark. You may not have been around for the same length of time, but I saw your comments at the same level as I did Dark's for the time you were here, and I appreciate you in the same way boi.

Love to Vinyl_Scratch-14 and chip43 and everyone else who PM'd me and drove me on to continue, you kept the momentum going when it needed going.

And love to everyone else here, still reading this, still getting this thing featured in the box every time I updated it. Thanks to all 8000 separate views I'm pretty sure this has gotten if I read the analytics right.

That's a lot of bois.

See you in the future, and love to you and those all around you. Thank you for the years of reading, and I hope that the next project brings you some of the same joy this one did.

:raritywink::yay::moustache:

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 4 )

Been lurking on this story for quite a long time. I didn't really give a direct answer to the news you posted a few days ago -- largely because everyone beat me to the punch, and all of it could be summarized with "do what makes you happy." I really enjoyed this one, and even though the multiple endings and their deliveries weren't the original intent, I think you crafted an entertaining work all the same.

Not even going to lie, I think I blush at that shoutout.:twilightblush:
Much thanks, and love for that!

Again very nice, and creative touch on the multiple ends. Looking forward to the next adventure. Like always, no pressure. Take your time, and enjoy yourself!:moustache:

I know I'm not planning on going anywhere, anytime soon!:raritywink:

Well, I'm glad to see this story to its end. I've been here for the whole ride all the way from 2015 till now, and I'm glad to see it finished with wonderful endings and sad ones. I wish you good luck with your next story. May it be as fruitful as this has been. Till then have a wonderful time.

This is a very cute story. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Login or register to comment