• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 12,191 Views, 231 Comments

Lunar Replacement - Pinklestia



I am now Princess Luna, and it’s not as fun as you might think. I don’t know what’s going on, how I got here, or what I’m going to do.

  • ...
34
 231
 12,191

The Moon has been doubled

I woke up to the smell of food, waffles with maple syrup. Then I looked around, this wasn't Luna's room, everything in the room looked... plastic and fake.

Still, the cloud bed I was over was quite comfortable. I took a bite of the cloud and ate it getting disappointed that it tasted like water. I looked myself over, I still was in Luna's body but was wearing a Powerpuff Girls nightgown, weird.

Then breakfast floated to me, held in a familiar colored aura, it felt a lot like my own magic actually. It was waffles and orange juice, and toast with strawberry jam.

"Oops, I forgot the tray!" The voice of a small girl said. Then a wooded tray floated under the breakfast. Then the food landed in the tray slowly.

"Who are you? What's going on?" I asked but I got no answer and the food tray landed in the cloud without sinking.

Still... the food smelled good.

I ate the breakfast slowly, savoring it. Then I jumped to the floor and exited the room , finding myself in a land made of chocolate.

"Hi!" Said the voice again, this time in front of her. It was... a mini Princess Luna? What?

I kicked herself, it hurt and the filly Luna in front of me didn't disappear.

"Hi, why I am here and who are you?"

"I... I don't know? And... I... uhh... bye!" The filly unicorn then threw a smoke bomb and ran away. I chased after the mini me and then...

And then I woke up... for real this time.

The thing about being Princess Luna I probably hate the most, is being nocturnal. Breakfast was okay but after that I had to go to sleep, and no, apparently Dream Walking doesn't count as sleeping.

I sleep for a few hours and woke up screaming, thankfully not remembering my nightmares. That made me miss the mini Luna dream.

I decided to take a long bath and play with a ruber ducky that somehow was in my tub.

Maybe it was my sister idea? It was distracting at least.

After that I asked the guards outside my room to sent me a maid.

I ended with a nervous looking earth pony mare.

"Is... is something wrong your highness?" The coffee brown pony asked while trembling.

I took out a brush from under my pillow, doing my very best to not smile as that would have scared her even more. Then have it to her.

"Brush my coat servant."

"What? I mean... yes princess!"

Having my coat brushed was relaxing, despite how nervous she was, the earth mare did a good show.

"You did well, what is your name servant?"

"Toffee Sparkle your highness."

I raised an eyebrow "Are you related to a Twilight Sparkle?"

"Not as far as I know Princess."

'Must be a coincidence then.'

"Very well, you can leave."

The fact she almost couldn't stop herself from running when she left hurt a bit.

'Calm down Luna, trust is something that must be earned.'

Two days later, after that weird dream with mini me, I said goodbye to Moon Dancer as she left in the train to Appleloosa, she didn't seem very happy with her new job.

Most ponies were keeping their distance from me, but that was probably because of the guards my sister had following me and because I was a princess and unlike Celestia, most ponies didn't know me.

No of course it wasn't fear because I had been Nightmare Moon, don't be silly!

I felt... not great or less guilty but definitely better about my choice. The trip would be good for Moon Dancer, possible crush on Twilight Sparkle or not.

And about myself? I really wanted to try something.

"Pinkamena Diane Pie, if you do not appear here right now I will exile your whole family to the Badlands."

I waited a few minutes, nothing happened.

The Royal Guards looked at me in confusion.

"Nevermind, I just wanted to see if that silly mare was following me around. I am not really gonna exile anypony to the Badlands... today."

I then turned and started to walk back to the castle, thinking about it, Moon Dancer might also had been grumpy because the train left at five in the morning. But I am not a day pony, okay? Early morning is the best you can get from me.

But then I changed my mind and I walked right into Joe's Donuts, somehow it was open at this hour but the one in the counter wasn't Joe but an old mare, maybe his mother?

So I ate donuts and forced the guards to eat donuts too, I even paid instead of using my royal right of getting it free, because otherwise they would feel my ire.

Despite what fanon had taught me about Luna being addicted to caffeine, I actually just drank a glass of milk.

Then I was back in the castle in time to see my sister out of her morning shower. That she usually took later, but me messing the moon had forced her to take it at about six AM.

She was not a happy pony even If I had been the one working all night dealing with dream problems. Well mostly failing at entering dreams but I did help Fluttershy yesterday a bit at least.

I smiled and nuzzled her neck.

"Good and glorious morning dear sister! Fair Moon Dancer has left on her mission and I ate these delicious things called Donuts, even if I failed to meet Joe of the Donuts."

Celestia chuckled at hearing me.

"Luna why do you talk like that? I know you can speak modern Equis."

"Oh that's true but I am the royal princess sister no pony knows; so I decided to play being the weird one. I am still out of date in many things."

"Hence why you took the guards to eat donuts?"

"Yes but is true we didn't had those before... Let's call it my time out on the moon."

And that soured everypony mood, even mine, great job substitute Luna! You failed Lunar Replacement, you Destroyer Moon Moron you...

"Eh, I am going to take my morning nap. Dreamwalking is not really sleeping. See you for lunch? Don't be afraid to wake me for it... just use a long stick, I might bite."


Meanwhile back in Ponyville...

"So you too were visited by Princess Luna in your dreams?" Spike asked in an enthusiastic tone.

"Yes. She... she told me some useful advice." Fluttershy said as she hid her face behind her pink mane.

"Is that why Rainbow Dash is wearing a dress and complaining about it?"

"Well... I might have offered her a reward if she got used to wearing it and went to a fancy lunch with me. at Canterlot. Bye Spike, our carriage is here now."

"Bye and good luck. Now what I was doing so early? Ah yes, I had to take out the trash."

Trash collectors picked trash early in the morning in Ponyville, while in Canterlot they did so at night.

Spike wondered, What was Princess Luna doing right now?

Said princess turned out to be sleeping while she drooled to a pillow and called it mister Sparky.

And in said princess dream, she was playing tag with a much smaller and younger version of herself.


"So... who are you?" I said after what it seemed hours of playing tag. Time inside dreams was relative after all.

"I am Princess Luna!" The mini me said smiling.

Oh... this could be good or could be horrible. Good because it meant something of Princess Luna mind and personality was left in her body, horrible because If she somehow took control over our body it would be with the personality of a little filly.

Considering how powerful an alicorn could be, that wasn't good.

And mini Luna did explain were I was getting that information and magic skills I had been pulling without knowing how.

Still... maybe I could take Celestia to meet mini Luna? I would have to make sure Celestia wasn't aware in the dream, but playing with mini Luna would probably help both her and mini me.

Briefly I considered turning Celestia into a small filly... well maybe when Discord got free?Iis not like it would make things worse by then and I had to research how to do that spell first.

"So, ever head the story of Princess Wonna who got stuck in the Moon?"

"No, tell me!"

'Celestia, Luna, I have no clue what's going on but one day I will get the two of you together... I promise.'

Author's Note:

Yes, this is alive. And yes I do need a beta reader and or an editor.