• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 8,528 Views, 179 Comments

Book 1: A New Element of Friendship - Medley of MLP



A human turned pony gets to live in all of MLP's glory. And he gets stuck in the middle of it. Perfect times for all.

  • ...
42
 179
 8,528

It's The Quiet Ones You Gotta Look Out For

Author's Note:

Hiya! Yep, a new chapter during the summer months, and it took me this long to do it. LIke I've said, it takes me a while to find the creative drive to continue a chapter I work on. Thankfully though, it looks like I've just gotten enough to finish this one for y'all. Please enjoy!

A New Element of Friendship

It’s The Quiet Ones You Gotta Look Out For

Well, it seems like nature is horrible to me even in a world where the weather is controlled. Considering that some pegasus was blowing smoke into my room, I’d say that apparently I was due for a bit of a reality check. Now, the pegasus didn’t mean to do that as she profusely apologized for blowing it the wrong way, but still, not a fun way to wake up. The problem was compounded by the fact that it looked like the whole entire sky was filled with thick, dark smoke. I wondered why in Equestria there would be so much smoke in the sky and headed off to find Twilight. Typically, if you don’t know what’s happening, she’s usually the one with the answer.

Rambling aside, I quickly made my way to Twilight, where she caught everypony’s attention rather quickly and explained that while someone was not causing a large fire, a dragon was planning on sleeping on the nearby mountain. This was a due cause for panic, but I liked how the town had complete trust in her when she said that a small group of ponies were dispatched by Celestia to deal with the situation. I knew instantly who she meant by that small group of ponies and confronted her after the crowd had dispersed.

“So Twilight, care to tell me why you just volunteered us to try to get rid of a dragon of all things?” I confronted her, my voice holding a cool calm.

“Don’t worry Medley. We have our secret weapon,” She confidently replied, standing tall and facing off against me.

“Please don’t tell me this involves- Oh what am I saying, of course it does,” I face-hoofed myself in annoyance.

“What? It makes sense to me. Fluttershy can talk to any animal, not to mention she's the Element of Kindness, so she could persuade the dragon to move elsewhere the best,” Twilight argued.

“Your plan also hinges on her also able to overcome her fears of high places, adult dragons and climbing all at once in a near instant,” I blandly shot back, giving her a blank look.

“Oh, she’ll be alright, there’s nothing to be afraid of. Besides, she’s has to come with us in case we need to use the other Elements of Harmony,” Twilight logically pointed out.

At this point, I just gave up trying to talk her out of it and went along with it, making sure that she was at least being supported throughout the trip, which I got the feeling would be a horrible journey up that mountain.

I soon got everypony roused up from their activities and Twilight had us all meet in her library to discuss the situation.

“What in the name of all things cinnamon swirl is a full grown dragon doing here in Equestria?” Applejack wondered as Twilight was flipping through a book.

Twilight put up the book near an already sizable stack as she answered, “Sleeping.”

“Huh?” The rest of us confusedly asked.

“According to Princess Celestia,” Twilight explained as she was packing her saddlebags, “He’s taking a nap. His snoring is what’s causing all this smoke.”

“He should really see a doctor, that doesn’t sound healthy at all,” I muttered, still not liking Twilight’s plan.

“Hehe, that’s what I was going to say! Though more excitedly than you, Mr.Grumpy Hooves,” Pinkie giggled at me.

“Well, at least he’s not snoring fire,” Rarity added but then asked, “Though what are WE meant to do about it?”

“I’ll tell you what we’re meant to do about it! Give him the boot!” Rainbow exclaimed as she started kicking the air, almost knocking over something in the process and ended up crashing against a bookcase, knocking down a few books as she reoriented herself.

“We need to ENCOURAGE him to take a nap someplace else. Princess Celestia has given us this mission and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in smoke for the next 100 years,” Twilight stated.

“Talk about getting your beauty sleep,” Rarity said in aside to Pinkie and I, making me chuckle a bit.

“Alright everypony,” Twilight finished, “I need you to gather supplies quickly. We’ve got a long journey ahead of us. Let’s meet back here in less than an hour!”

“Ok gals! And guy! You heard her! The fate of Equestria is in our hooves! DO we have what it takes?” Rainbow cheered us on.

We all had agreed and quickly made our way out the door, except for Fluttershy, for very obvious reasons. I decided to help her out a bit as we went out.

“Oh… hi Medley…” Fluttershy softly said.

“Hey there Fluttershy. I know this might seem Rainbow levels of blunt, but you really don’t want to go, do you,” I bluntly asked her.

She looked a bit surprised before she timidly nodded her head. “I just… don’t really like adult dragons… or heights… or anything that sounds like it’s dangerous, like this journey…”

I smiled a bit and shook my head. “Fluttershy, you may not think so, but we really do need you along with us. After all, I get the feeling Twilight’s idea is not going to work. From what I’ve heard about dragons, they aren’t the most… social, of creatures. However, we do need to get him off someplace else. That smoke might not be good for a pony’s health, especially a pegasus like you or me who has to fly in that stuff. Or the animals for that matter.”

She looked a bit more determined now and nodded, though I could still see that she was afraid of doing this still. She got to her cottage and started preparing, leaving me to quickly fly off to my house and grab a saddlebag of what few instruments I could fit into them. It was at that point I blacked out for a moment, though thankfully not too long. When I came to though, it looked like all my instruments were gone and my saddlebags looked like they weren’t even packed with anything. The only thing stopping me from flying out in a rage that someone stole them was this: who would *want* to steal instruments? I looked at the time and rightly thought that it was time for me to get a move on. I quickly got the saddlebags on and flew out to meet the group.

I had arrived at almost all of them being there except for Pinkie and Twilight. However, that was soon cleared up when Pinkie sprung from behind me in a small explosion of confetti. The strangest part was though, I never saw her behind me in the slightest. We all stood in a straight line as Twilight came by, all saddled up and ready to go, as were the rest of us.

“Alright everypony. Listen up! I’m mapping out the fastest route, but we all got to keep a good pace if we expect to make it up the mountain by nightfall,” Twilight said as she walked by all of us.

“M-M-Mountain?” Fluttershy stammered.

“The dragon is in that cave at the very top,” Twilight continued, not hearing Fluttershy at all.

“Looks pretty cold up there,” Applejack commented.

“You bet it is! The higher you go, the chillier it gets,” Rainbow Dash grinned as she explained, luckily preventing me from making a snarky comment. Yes I was still pissed, how could you tell?

“Good thing I brought my scarf,” Rarity sighed with relief as she pulled out a pinked striped scarf and put it on.

“Oooo! Pretty!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Rainbow snickered, “Oh yeah. That’ll keep you nice and cozy.”

I saw as Fluttershy looked up in terror at the mountain, no doubt thinking that she didn’t want to go in the slightest and do all these, admittedly dangerous, things. As Twilight was looking at the map, I was a bit shocked at Fluttershy speaking up.

“Um, e-excuse me, Twilight? I know you’re busy, but…” Fluttershy started.

“Uh-huh,” Twilight didn’t even bother to look up as she continued reading the map. “Well, we could go this way…”

“But, if I could just have a second…” Fluttershy continued, trying to get Twilight’s attention.

“Uh-huh. No, we want to avoid that,” Twilight still was focusing greatly on the map, which was starting to irk me a bit now.

“So, um, I was think that… Um… Maybe… I should just stay here in Ponyville,” Fluttershy asked.

“Uh-huh,” Twilight the broken record said.

“Oh, good,” She sighed in total relief as she started to walk off, “I’ll stay here and-”

“Wait, you have to come!” Twilight finally looked up and stopped her from leaving, “Your way with wild animals will surely come in handy.”

“Twilight… We talked about this. Extensively. Stop trying to force Fluttershy to come if she clearly does not want to,” I finally spoke up, giving her a cold look.

“It. Is. Fine. Medley. Spike will take care of her animals while she comes with us. We need her badly on this trip, whether she thinks so or not. Now, let’s get moving,” Twilight shot back at me with a cold look of her own. She then rolled up the map and moved on ahead, the rest of our friends giving Fluttershy sympathetic looks before following her.

“Don’t worry, you can count on me Fluttershy! Remember, I’ve done this before when you had to go off for something and needed someone to look after them for a bit,” Spike encouraged her as he had a few pets with him.

“I know, but… But I still feel like I should be watching over them instead of coming along…” Fluttershy sighed.

I came up and put a hoof on her shoulder. “I really did try, but Twilight was just so insistent on this. Look at the bright side though, she at least knew to get Spike to take care of them while we went off.”

Fluttershy nodded and we both quickly caught up with the rest of the group.

“Are you sure that Medley wasn’t right to think Fluttershy shouldn’t come along?” We could hear Rainbow Dash ask Twilight up ahead. “That pony is afraid of her own shadow. She’s just gonna slow us down.”

“Enough Rainbow. I already told Medley off for this, she’s coming along. Now let’s. Keep. Moving,” Twilight gritted out as she pulled ahead, Rainbow Dash giving her an odd look.

“She’s right you know…” Fluttershy softly whispered.

I looked at her for a moment before an idea popped into my head. “How about this, Fluttershy? Why don’t I sing you a song that’ll help you keep moving along?”

Pinkie popped out from behind Fluttershy and pouted. “I already had a song planned out Med! You better let me sing along this time!”

I laughed and nodded, pulling out some lyric sheets that I had with the title: Stronger Than You. Pinkie took a look at it before her face turned a bit pale.

“N-Never mind… Please tell me you have a different version,” Pinkie shook a bit as she quickly gave me the song lyrics back.

“Well… I do have one other duet… Technically two… but both require somepony a bit… more…” I slowly turned to Fluttershy before pulling out the lyrics to the other duet. “Fluttershy, I know this may seem like a strange song to try and help you build confidence, but I would like you to sing the other part while I sing my part. Trust me, this is perfect for you. And I don’t lie when it comes to music.”

“O-OK… She hesitantly took the lyrics and nodded, ready to begin.

“Pinkie, I know a way you can still help. Go check my saddlebags and see if there’s a piano inside,” I distractedly asked as I took a look at the lyrics myself to make sure I got the right ones.

“Okie doki loki!” She giggled as she rummaged inside my saddlebags before grunting and pulling out a full grand piano.

“How in Equestria- Never mind, I don’t wanna know. Here’s sheet music for you to accompany us Pinkie,” I shook my head in disbelief as I put the sheet music on the music sheet ledge.

She nodded and played a few notes before looking at the both of us. Rarity had noticed the small commotion and just shook her head in a small bit of amusement and rolled the piano with her magic, letting us walk behind the group.

“Ready Fluttershy?” I asked.

“R-Ready… Oh I do hope I don’t mess up…” Fluttershy meekly responded.

I gave a nod to Pinkie, and soon the music started to flow.

Stronger Than You (Undertale Parody by Djsmell and Ateotu): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETz0bAaMUco

I started off with the voice as Pinkie played the opening notes.

It’s a beautiful day outside...

Birds are singing, flowers are blooming…

On days like these… ponies like you…

S H O U L D B E B U R N I N G I N H E L L.

Fluttershy then started off, a bit frightened by the sudden change in voice.

I didn’t know what, I got into…

Somehow I can’t go back even if I really wanted to.

So what more can I do?

Here at the end it’s just me and you…

Then it went to me, still talking-singing.

But ponies like you don’t play by the rules…

And colts like me, it ain’t easy to be played by fools

So let’s go, let the room get chiller.

Let’s go, dirty brother killer.

Fluttershy then took it back, unbelievably looking like she was gaining more confidence.

Go ahead and just hit me since you’re able.

We know my determination is unstable.

I’m not even mad because I keep on dying.

But I don’t even know why I’m trying.

I finally got to sing in the next part.

You’re not gonna win, we’ll be here together!

Fighting in this Judgement Hall forever!

Now I know you just RESET each time I beat ya’,

But I’ll always be right back here to meet ya’.

We then began to sing together, our voices blending well.

I know you’re made… / Right now I’m made…

o-o-o-o-of...

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

Pinkie played a few more notes before we sprung back in again.

o-o-o-o-of...

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

Fluttershy then began to sing on her own while Pinkie played on.

I know who you are…

You remember who I am.

We knew that once in a timeline we had grown to be good friends.

And yet I killed your brother without giving him a chance.

Every time you throw me down,

I hope you kill me once again.

I came back next with my own refrain.

Go ahead and try to hit me if you’re able.

You should know by now that MERCY’s off the table.

Think you can try to Spare me like I’m some pawn?

We’ll you didn’t spare my brother, so GET DUNKED ON!

I know you made my friends all disappear.

But everything they cared about is why I’m here.

Fluttershy added in the last few lines before the chorus.

You gave me advice,

I choose genocide,

But I know how to make it right.

The final chorus.

I know you’re made… / I am made…

o-o-o-o-of...

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

But I think I’m stronger than you. / But I’ll give up for you.

Fluttershy continued on, looking like she was more confident in herself.

o-o-o-o-of...

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

But I’ll give up for you.

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

LO-O-O-O-OVE…

But I’ll give up for you.

Fluttershy then hummed out the last few notes alongside Pinkie’s piano playing. Soon the song came to an end.

When the song finally ended, Fluttershy looked up, completely surprised at how confident she became, though I could tell she had a bit of nervousness in her.

“W-Wow… T-T-Thank you Medley… That kinda helped,” Fluttershy said as she was blushing.

Twilight, who had been hearing what was going on, looked like she had a maelstrom of emotions running through her. Angry, both at me for trying something risky that could’ve backfired and for the fact that she still thought it was a good idea to bring Fluttershy anyways, bewilderment at how a song that sounds like, by all accounts, should’ve scared Fluttershy more than ever, actually giving her confidence, confidence from just hearing the song itself about facing the dragon, which she was worrying about before the song from the sound of things, and then finally a… was that a pang of jealousy?

Why is she feeling jealous right now? She have nothing to be jealous OF! I thought as she looked back at the blushing Fluttershy and me smiling at her before I thought of something that I knew would be completely crazy.

Is Twilight… Nah, can’t be. While I must admit it would be cheesy, that can’t be the case? Maybe she wanted to sing instead? She never really showed interest in it before… I think? Maybe-

“Hey, we reached the top of the mountain! Awesome! And here I thought we would‘ve had to take the long way around ‘cause of Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in relief as we arrived at the top, interrupting my thoughts.

“Wait, WHAT?!” Pinkie cried out as she reached behind her and pulled out the sc- OH COME ON PINKIE! LEAVE THE SCRIPT ALONE, WILL YOU? NON-CANON, NEW ELEMENT, EASIER TO DO FOR ALL INVOLVED, MAKE IT UP TO YOU LATER, PUT IT UP!

Pinkie meeped before hurriedly putting it back, thankfully, as everyone, even me, gave her an odd look.

“I wanted to see why I couldn’t sing my song, but apparently I’ve been reaching for the script too often, so he’s a bit mad at me right now and won’t tell me why, though he promised I would get to sing one later,” Pinkie explained.

We all just shook our heads and went with it, though Twilight looked like she was doing it begrudgingly more than anything. We all then started to settle down and do a few things first.

“Rainbow Dash, you’ll use your wings to clear the smoke,” Twilight asked Rainbow, who nodded and immediately flew into the sky.

“Rarity and Pinkie Pie, you’ll create a diversion to distract the dragon if things get a little hairy in there,” Twilight looked to the two mares, to which Pinkie and Rarity both gave notice and agreed to it, Pinkie playing with a rubber chicken afterwards, much to Rarity’s incredulosity.

“Applejack, you're ready with the apples in case he decides to attack,” Twilight said as Applejack grinned and nodded, bucking two apples into a nearby tree to show how effective that would be.

“Medley, be ready to use your singing to calm the dragon in case the attacks don’t work at all,” Twilight glared at me, to which I glared and gave a curt nod back in response.

“But it shouldn’t come to that, because Fluttershy will do what she needs to do to wake him up. And between the two of us, we should be able to get him to understand why he needs to go. Is everypony ready?” Twilight asked us all now, as all but Fluttershy looked ready to go.

“OK then… We’re going in!” Twilight determinedly stated as she walked on in, me following suit belatedly and with half as much enthusiasm.

“So… what is the best way to wake up a sleeping dragon without upsetting him?” Twilight wondered out loud softly as we made our way in.

“T͜r̀y ̀a͢sk͟ing ̛our͝ ́re̷s̨ide̶n̵t͟ ̕a̷nima҉l̵ tamer͘.̶.”

“Huh? You said something Medley?” Twilight turned to me, confused even more.

“Twilight, I didn’t say anything. Also, where is everybody? Especially if you insisted on Fluttershy,” I answered as I looked behind us.

“Fluttershy?” Twilight looked back as well, seeing that the rest of our friends were outside the cave and trying to get Fluttershy moving.

“Really? She has to go and do this now?” Twilight irritably said as she walked back to our friends.

“Hey, both she and I were ready to stay back in Ponyville, but YOU insisted she come along,” I snapped back as we got near the entrance.

Twilight, apparently at her limit, whipped around to face me, her horn glowing slightly as she growled at me.

“That. Is. It. Medley. Not one more word from you on this. It’s obvious she’s just overreacting and she can very well face that dragon.”

“Oh really? I’m sorry, what normal pony would willingly try to wake up a dragon and politely ask it to leave? Plus, you’re assuming that she isn’t scared at all, and yet if it wasn’t for my song, we’d have taken the longer way around, Fluttershy causing us to delay more and more.”

“We need all the Elements together! They only work in close range to one another! Besides, you agreed to it!”

“Only after the fact that you’re as stubborn as Applejack when it comes to something from the Princess!”

“I’m taking this seriously!”

“So am I!”

Added entry from Pinkie Pie!

We were all waiting outside the cave, trying to get Flutters to stick her head out when we heard Med and Twily arguing like an old married couple! Hehe, it was so hilarious, I just grabbed some popcorn for all of us as we watched them bicker and everyone was giggling at the sight!

“Should we…?” Rarity started to say as she munched on the popcorn like a ‘prim and proper pony’, which is soooooo boring!

“Nah, let ‘em work it out. Besides, they ain’t interruptin’ that dragon’s sleep,” Applejack commented as she munched on the popcorn like any other pony should.

“One sec, can’t resist doing this!” Rainbow Dash grinned as she yelled at Med and Twily, “Get a room you two!”

We all laughed at the sputtering from Med and Twily as they both quickly stopped arguing, but I could notice an itsy bitsy blush on both their faces! Hehe, I know what I’m doing for Hearts and Hooves Day!~

End of added entry, sorry everypony!

Twilight and I sputtered a bit as we heard Rainbow Dash yell at us to ‘get a room’. Honestly, I almost keep on forgetting that Rainbow’s an adult mare sometimes with how immature she is. But, nonetheless, both Twilight and I quickly got out of the cave, me hoping that no one could see my embarrassment. Judging from Pinkie’s wide grin, I would go with a probably not. We finally got back on track as Twilight talked with Fluttershy, looking much calmer than before and at least now listening to her.

“So, what’s stopping you from going inside that cave with us, Fluttershy? Please don’t say you’re afraid of caves too,” Twilight sighed.

“I’m not afraid of caves… I’m scared of… of...“ Fluttershy mumbled off into inaudibility.

“What was that sugarcube?” Applejack softly asked as she leaned in closer to hear better.

“I’m scared of…” She repeated, barely speaking up.

“What?” Twilight also asked, walking a bit closer to hear better.

“I’m scared of dragons!” Fluttershy spoke up and just afterwards, the dragon snored loudly, breathing out a gust of smoke right into our faces.

We all coughed a bit as we quickly blew away the smoke, finding Fluttershy trying to hide behind Applejack. Twilight walked over to her, trying to get her to come with us.

“But Fluttershy, you have a wonderful talent dealing with all kinds of animals,” Twilight told Fluttershy.

“Yes, because they’re not DRAGONS,” Fluttershy rebuked.

“Oh come on!” Rainbow Dash cried out irritably and continued, “We’ve seen you walk right up to a horrible manticore like it was nothing!”

“Yes, because he WASN’T a DRAGON,” Fluttershy emphasized.

Oddly enough, Pinkie was the one who made an interesting rebuttal, pointing out that, “Spike is a dragon! You’re not scared of him.”

“Yes… Because he’s not a huge, gigantic, terrifying, enormous, teeth-gnashing, sharp scale-having, horn-wearing, smoke-snoring, could-eat-a-pony-in-one-bite, totally all grown up dragon!” Fluttershy argued

It surprised me how many descriptions there were for just this one dragon. Then again, she did have a point. Spike was, after all, a BABY dragon, not an adult one like the one we were dealing with.

Twilight looked like she was about to say something, but I cut her off, saying, “I told you so! But noooo, apparently Celestia’s most prized pupil could never be wrong, huh?”

“OK Medley, that’s it!” Twilight roared before she tackled me and we started fighting.

Admittedly… that was a stupid thing to say in hindsight. That kinda crossed the line there, which I soon found out with her hooves kicking all over me. For a unicorn, and a bookish one at that, she has a really good right hook. Eventually, our loud fighting woke up the dragon before we could even try and do anything and looked down at all of us, a cranky expression on his face. We all froze in fear, Twilight and I stopping mid-punch.

“...put aside our argument for now and worry about the dragon?” Twilight asked.

“I like that plan,” I replied.

We all then started to try and defend ourselves against the dragon, all fleeing around with Rainbow Dash trying to buck it on the snout. That really ticked him off, if the huge pillar of fire was anything to go by. I think it was at that moment we saw Fluttershy instantly go from scared out of her wits, both from the dragon and from me and Twilight fighting, to more confident as she looked up at the dragon, glaring at him.

“How dare you,” She said softly, which got the dragon’s attention, making us all worry before she got into him, saying in a much louder and scolding tone, “How dare you!”

She flew up onto his snout and landed on it, looking him dead in the eyes as she continued her scolding.

“Listen here, mister! Just because you’re big, doesn’t mean you get to be a bully!” She berated him, almost sounding like a mom at this point as she continued on, all of us looking amazed at what she was doing while she said, “You may have huge teeth and sharp scales and snore smoke and breath fire, but you do not, I repeat, you do NOT HURT. MY. FRIENDS! You got that?”

Stunned and afraid, the dragon actually cowered a bit before her Glare, while Fluttershy just simply said, “Well?”

“But that rainbow one kicked me, and the purple and white ones were arguing very loudly…” The dragon tried to make excuses, which looked like it wasn’t cutting it for Fluttershy.

“And I am very sorry about that. But you’re bigger than they are and you should know better,” Fluttershy pointed out, much to the group’s growing awe at this happening.

“You should also know better than to take a nap when you’re snoring could become a health hazard to OTHER creatures,” Fluttershy went on to say.

“But I... “ The dragon tried to say something else, but Fluttershy was on a roll now.

“Don’t you ‘But I’ me, mister. Now, what do you have to say for yourself?” Fluttershy interrupted, looking and sounding more and more like a mother scolding her child, which was only continued by her saying, “I said, WHAT do you have to say for yourself?”

Right before our very eyes, we saw this full-grown dragon start to cry like he had just been chewed out for causing trouble, which, to be fair, he was. What just struck me about this was that this was FLUTTERSHY of all ponies doing this to him. I think we were all dumbstruck and at a loss for words as we just stared up at the two. It soon came to an end when Fluttershy patted his snout a bit.

“There there...Don’t cry. You’re not a bad dragon. You just made a bad decision,” Fluttershy comforted him as she flew back down with the rest of us, now regrouped.

“Now go pack your things. You just need to find a new place to sleep, that’s all,” Fluttershy asked as she landed down on the ground.

We all cheered at this new development for her as I quickly spoke to the dragon, apologizing, “For what it’s worth, Mr. Dragon, we’re sorry we woke you up like we did and attack you once you woke up.”

He nodded in acknowledgement as he started to fly away.

“Looks like you’re braver than you think you are, Fluttershy,” Twilight smiled as she talked with Fluttershy, the dragon now flying off to parts unknown.

We all went down to Ponyville as we saw the weather reserves quickly clearing out the smoke, letting fresh air and sunlight back down onto Ponyville. We all eventually reached Twilight’s library, where she ushered me inside, looking apologetic as Spike came outside, quickly putting Angel Bunny on Fluttershy’s back, who looked like he had been behaving himself mostly, if the low amount of damage to the inside and to Spike was anything to go by.

“Twilight, I want to start things off with an apology for my earlier behavior. I admit that I crossed the line and I wasn’t really living up to being more understanding on where you were coming from. So, with that in mind, I’m sorry,” I got in before Twilight smiled slightly.

“I want to apologize too. I also admit that I was too focused on the task at hand to really notice Fluttershy’s fear and just brushed it off to the side while you tried to keep her going when you eventually caved in. So, for all it’s worth, I’m sorry too,” Twilight replied

She then gave me a small hug, to which I returned, though I did feel an odd sensation after doing so. I just pushed it off to the side, thinking it was just relief that we all made it out alive and for her no longer being angry with me.

She then smiled as she called for Spike to take a letter, quickly ending the hug. She then had Spike write a letter on friendship, this time the theme was trusting your friends when they have a problem, but also saying that they can be an amazing source of strength if you trust in them enough.

We then looked outside as Applejack called out to us, Twilight finishing her letter just a bit beforehoof.

“She’s just 5 away from makin’ a new pony record!” Applejack excitedly explained as Rainbow Dash was bouncing a ball from her head. Feeling mischievous, I got Spike to do a dragon roar, scaring Rainbow Dash completely. Everyone giggled as Spike and I fist-bumped, a prank well done. Rainbow Dash tried to deny being scared at all, saying that he ‘broke her concentration’, which caused Fluttershy to say that it was alright to be afraid and not anypony could be as courageous as her. As a reply, Rainbow blew a leaf up to Fluttershy’s hindquarters, which caused Fluttershy to do the exact same reaction as Rainbow, giving us all giggles again as Twilight smiled and shook her head at the antics going on.

It soon became night time and now I finish writing up for the day. Something in my mind kept on pestering me, though what it was, I didn’t know. All I knew was that it had something to do with Twilight. In what way, or how, or why, I had absolutely no clue whatsoever. I’m gonna call it a night here, but I do wonder what it is with my sudden thoughts about that unicorn.

End of Chapter 9