• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 451 Views, 1 Comments

Behind the Scenes - JewishGingerGal



Twilight Sparkle was happy. Selena Jewell...eh, not so much. The thing is-Selena and Twilight were one and the same. At least they looked the same and had the same voice-but that's when the similarities end. Meet the pony behind the scenes-Selena

  • ...
 1
 451

Just Selena

I felt smushed by the five other ponies I was hugging. I wanted to jump out of this hug yet I knew it was the end and if I messed up this scene we would have to redo it...again. I gave a huge smile while a snuggled closer to the middle of the group hug. As we stopped hugging we all stood there-staring at the camera surrounded by the rest of the cast. I waited the ten seconds that were in the script. Ten seconds of silently smiling. After ten seconds it was over.

"That's a wrap!" yelled light yellow stallion whom was sitting on a chair behind the cameras. This yellow stallion was named Robert-the director. We just called him Robert.

The live crowd behind Robert and a large tall railing creamed and hooted, and April whom was next to me gave me a huge hug.
"You were fantastic Selena! You really outdid yourself! Oh I can't believe season 5 is over! I think I may just start crying!" She said as she wiped one of her eyes.

"I think I'm about to stop breathing" I gasped. April let go of me and went back down on all fours. "Sorry. I wasn't exactly trying to kill you"
Around us the cast broke up, all going to different places. Ponies were chatting and splitting up, promising they would meet at the cast party later tonight.

Cast party? I just wanted a break. Especially from April. I had spent enough time with her because of this stupid hour long special that Robert dumped her in and made her a mane character. We seriously needed another mane character? We didn't have enough?

Haven't I introduced myself yet? My name is Selena Jewell and I'm an actor for the most popular children's TV show in all of Khateril- My Little Pony-Friendship is Magic. On screen my name is Twilight Sparkle-a pony whom with the help of her friends saves the world but off screen I'm a famous actor who is rich, and I have everything I could of ever wanted-Or do I?

Kim-a pink pony with a dark pink mane trotted up to us "Oh I loved the scene where you and April were in the empty future with the barren field and howling wind. You guys are amazing actors!" she said.

"Yeah, Selena was amazing" Laughed April. "Can you believe season 5 is actually over?" asked April shaking her head. "It's absolutely crazy"

"It's not completely over till the cast party! Can't wait to see you guys there tonight were going to have a blast! Hopefully I can deal with my hair before then" sighed Kim as she glanced at her puffy mess of pink hair.

Poor Kim, she loved her character-Pinkie Pie-but couldn't stand dying her natural hazel nut brown hair and frizzing it up all the time. Kim naturally had amazing hair and every time we had a small break from taping she would do anything to get her hair back to it's natural state. When I say anything, I mean ANYTHING.

"I'm sure you will! Your hair stylist must be a wizard or something" said April.

"A unicorn who studied hair magic for many years" Kim corrected.

"She must be good. I wish the magic in FIM wasn't mostly special effects. It's a pity magic in real life isn't more powerful that holding open a door or levitating a suitcase." I said.

"Anyway I hope they let me grow out my bangs for next season. They are ugly!" said April pointing to her mint and purple bangs.

"Who said you are going to be in the next season?" I asked suddenly.

"Roger said he wanted to speak to me about renewing the contract. So I guess I am" April gave me a huge smile.

I gave a weak smile back. April gave me another hug. "Well, I'm going to rest before the cast party- you should too. See you later Selena." April trotted away with Kim.

I ran as fast as I could to my trailer. I needed to be alone and away from everyone. I bolted the door behind me and let myself rest as I fell on my bed. The tears began to flow.

Selena! What's wrong with you? You have everything, but yet you are unhappy. Why?

I tried to understand why I was so sad but could not. I liked being Twilight Sparkle. Twilight knew everything, her story was pre-made. But when I was Selena-I had to figure it all out. Alone.

Friends- I had few. I had 2 friend on set who were extras. I saw them a lot but not enough. Why wasn't I friends with April, Kim, and the rest of the mane characters. I can;t exactly explain why but I just wasn't. I hung out with them and stuff, but I didn't feel like they were my friends. Even after 5 years of FIM. I was princess of friendship-but that wasn't Selena. That was Twilight. Twilight isn't here until my next public appearance for foals. Until then I was Selena. Just Selena.

Author's Note:

Please tell me what you guys think!!