• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 2,114 Views, 54 Comments

A Bug?...In The Resistance? - Dr Atlas



Pinkie and her lingfriend, Doomie, are having a tough time being together, seeing as how both of their factions are at war with each other. (An alternate timeline fic to "Do...You?")

  • ...
8
 54
 2,114

Break...Out: Part 1

“How’s the filly?”

The nurse in front of Pinkie smiled. “She’s doing fine, just a slight cold, kinda lucky you found the little one so far out in the forest, why were you out there anyway?”

“I was part of night patrol, silly.”

The mare shook her head. “No, I mean, what were you really doing out there?”

“Uh…” Pinkie scrunched her face and looked away, realizing almost the entire village knew about Pinkie’s relationship, fortunately, all of them took it okay. “I-I was...just, ya know, going farther out in my patrol to make sure there were no changelings.”

The nurse rolled her eyes but continued smiling. “Sure you were.”

Knowing she couldn’t lie, she said, “Okay, yes, I did talk to him.”

The nurse raised an eye. “Did he say anything...you know, about them trying to-”

“It was just a nice, romantic chat, nothing more, nothing less.” Pinkie started walking out, not wanting to talk about this kind of subject. “I-I’ll, uh, tell you more if he tells me anything, okay?”

“Alright, alright.” The nurse reassured, turning around and going back to work. “But I’m not the only one worried about that changeling of yours, Pinkie.”

“Yeah...I...I know.” Pinkie grinned and started walking outside, wishing others would stop asking about things like this. “He’s more than just some messenger…” Pinkie said to no one. “Way more, can’t they just understa-”

“Pinkie!”

Pinkie yelped and turned around, seeing Fluttershy flying overhead. “What is it, Shy?”

Fluttershy narrowed her eyes, her face as serious as ever. “Did your changeling friend forget to tell us about an attack?”

Pinkie stepped back. “Wh-what?”

Fluttershy landed and pointed behind her. “We have sightings of a stray pony and a lizard coming our way, did he ever talk about a spy coming in here.”

Pinkie’s heart went into overdrive, unable to believe such a thing. “N-No...h-he’d always tell me if something bad was happening, m-maybe it really is a pony.”

Fluttershy shook her head. “We can’t take any chances.” She flew in the air again. “You’re lingfriend needs to be more informative if he-”

“He’s not like that!” Pinkie shouted, drawing some attention. “He’s not someone who just gives me help because I want him to! He does it to protect me, you, and everyone else in this place.” She stepped closer to her. “He’s not a messenger, he’s my lover. Do you understand?”

Fluttershy, and some of the other ponies, were a bit surprised by that sudden outburst, so much that the others started walking away, all except for Shy, who couldn’t look away from Pinkie. “I-I’m sorry, Pinkie...b-but you and him are practically our only hope at winning this war, don’t you know that?”

Pinkie had to admit, without him telling her everything, they would’ve fallen by now. “I do, Shy, I do...I just wish you and the others would stop asking me things like this, I’d tell you if something bad was happening. You don’t need to ask me every time you see me.”

Fluttershy flew in the air again. “But something bad is happening, and we just need to know if it’s true, that’s all we want to know before we check it out.”

Pinkie sighed, knowing she’d have to answer at this point. “He didn’t say anything about a spy trying to come in, but you’re right, we should see what it is.” Pinkie stood up. “I’ll come with, alright?”

Fluttershy smiled. “Then let’s go!”

Pinkie held her head high as the two of them started joining the rest of the group, but Pinkie was still concerned about all of this. “Doomie would always try to protect me,” She thought. “so why would...why would this happen?” She looked up and continued walking. “I just hope my little buggy’s alright…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Nnnnrrrrrghh...ghhuh? Huh? What?”

Doomie slowly opened his right eye, finding it harder to do the same with the other. “Wh-Where am I…” As his vision finally adjusted to the darkness, he started getting his surroundings, seeing that he was exactly where he thought he’d be after what happened.

“This...this isn’t good…” Doomie looked up, which was down in the position he was in inside the cocoon, to see his legs were tangled in green gunk. He tried to light his horn, but it refused. He looked up to see it was also covered in gunk as well, at least he had his front legs, which he used to reach up to his head, wincing in pain as he did.

“Ooow...w-what the?” Doomie blinked a bit to see his own reflection in the clear cocoon, completely shocked to see himself. “Those downright, no good…” Doomie slightly adjusted the green rag that was now acting as a makeshift eyepatch over his left eye. He guessed it was his brother's fault after they knocked him out.

“When I get outta here, I’m gonna...gonna...oh, what’s the use. I’m not getting out of here.” Doomie stared up at his body, knowing he was too weak to do anything. “I failed. I let her friends down, I-I let her down...a-and now they’re gonna...g-gonna.” Doomie closed his eye, knowing this was the end. It was over. That it would take a miracle to save him now.

“HI DOOMIE!”

Doomie’s right eye shot open to see a sight he’d never thought he’d see in a time like this. “Twig!?” He squinted his eye to see past his own reflection to see a big changeling with a wide smile.

Twig smiled and waved. “Yup, it’s me alright.”

Doomie couldn’t believe it. “Twig? W-What are you doing here?”

Twig saluted. “Because the plot demands it.”

“What?”

Twig stepped closer. “Didn’t ya hear? The queens and her troops are on their way to stop the resistance while I stay here and watch the ponies...well, actually, one of the brothers who was told by the queen is supposed to do this, but he told me to guard the place while he decided to sleep, kinda cool, huh?”

Doomie looked left and right, seeing the other cocoons.“H-How did you know I was in here?”

Twig shrugged. “My left leg always itches when a brother is in trouble, and it stopped itching once I saw you in this cocoon...Wait, why are you in a cocoon, Doomie?” Twig glanced around, seeing the rows and rows of ponies hanging from similar prisons. “Is your bed really that uncomfortable?”

Doomie knew this was the only way he could get out of this mess. “Twig...y-ya gotta get me outta here.”

“But why are you in there?” Twig tilted his head. “Is it because Jeff is snoring loud again?”

Doomie took a deep breath. “Twig, I’ll tell you if you get me out, deal?”

Twig thought about this. “But I can’t let ponies out of these cocoons, Doomie. The queen told me not to.”

“But I’m not a pony.”

Twig went cross eyed for a few seconds before smiling. “Oh yeah! You’re not!” He then took out his spear and pointed it right at Doomie.

“WAIT! Twig! Don’t-”

*SHINK*

Doomie fell to the floor seconds later once Twig cut the top part off, the cocoon falling off to the side. “You okay, Doomie?” Twig asked.

Doomie groaned in pain, but managed to get on all fours after some help from Twig. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine.”

Twig smiled. “Goodie, now you can tell me why you’re in there!”

Doomie knew this was going to be hard to explain. “Listen...uh, Twig. Um...y-you know how the queen was telling the others about a traitor, right?”

Twig scratched his head with the spear. “Um...I think so...last I remember, the queen told us that she found out who betrayed the swarm and sent him to where the rest of the ponies were being held, can’t remember his name though.”

Doomie decided to get to the point, knowing that explaining things to Twig was like teaching a hatchling how to fly. “Twig...I..It...It’s me.”

“What’s you?”

Doomie gulped. “I-I...I’m the...the traitor…”

Twig’s face went blank. “Whu..wh-what?”

Doomie couldn’t look at him. “Yeah, I was the one who told the ponies about our plans and I was the one who tried to break out the elements.”

Twig continued staring. “Y-You did that?” Doomie nodded. “B-But...w-why?”

Doomie decided to explain in another way. “Twig, listen, don’t you think the queen is kinda harsh to us?”

Twig held his spear closer, still trying to understand. “K-Kinda.”

“And don’t you think what she’s doing to everyone is evil?”

“But she said the ponies are evil.”

Doomie found that hard to believe. “How are the ponies evil?”

“Because they don’t feed us love.”

Doomie pulled his ear stems. “That’s because we’re evil!”

Twig gasped. “W-We are!?”

Wanting to get to the point, Doomie said, “Twig, do you hate how our queen treats us?”

Twig was too afraid to answer even though the queen wasn’t around. “Uh…”

“And do you hate the way the other siblings treat us?”

“Uh…”

“Twig, if you hate that, then join me in stopping them.”

Twig was still trying to understand this. “B-But I don’t wanna stop anything! I-I just want others to be happy, a-and ever since we took over, everyling’s been happy.”

“But what about everypony.”

The gears in Twig’s brain started moving. “Oh...t-the ponies...t-they’re probably not happy, are they?”

Doomie looked at the rows and rows of cocoons behind them. “Twig, will you help me, or just throw me in a cocoon?”

Twig looked at the ponies, all of them asleep with no expressions of joy. “If it means others can be happy…” He saluted with his spear. “then I’ll help you!”

Doomie smiled. “Good, now we can...Wait, Twig, what time is it?”

Twig fiddled with his ear stems. “Hmmm, sounds like it’s around eleven, why?”

Doomie stomped the ground. “That means we have less than an hour to stop Chrysalis and her army from destroying the resistance; at exactly high noon!”

“High noon?” Twig thought about this. “Uh...How high does it need to be.”

Doomie ignored him and started pacing. “W-We need to go out and get there as soon as possible, and then we...a-and then...a-and…” Doomie hung his head. “Oh, who am I kidding, this is hopeless. Even if we managed to get there, it would just be the two of us and the resistance.” He stopped and sat down. “It’s gonna take way more then just two lings and a hoof full of ponies to stop her and an army.”

Twig looked around the room, seeing more cocoons than he remembered. “Then why don’t we get more than a hoof ful of ponies!”

Doomie sighed. “Twig, where the heck are we gonna find more ponies!” Twig then turned Doomie’s head to the rows and rows of ponies in cocoons. “Oh…right.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are the changelings in position?”

The two changelings behind Chrysalis nodded as the three of them came closer and closer to the village, eager to start the attack . “Yes, my queen.” One of them said. “The changelings are ready to strike! How should we start?”

Chrysalis chuckled. “We trick them, obviously. Me and you two shal disguise as the elements and stroll in, saying we escaped from that one town of there's.”

“That was...Poniville...right?”

Chrysalis sighed. “Ponyville.” She corrected.

“Oh…” The changeling looked down, but looked up with a smile seconds later. “Anyways, who’s gonna be what? Can I be the blue mare, she looks the coolest!”

Chrysalis rolled her eyes and continued walking. “Just pick an element, b-but not the orange one, she’s mine.”

The other changeling frowned. “Aw, I wanted to have the hat.”

“Enough.” She whispered, seeing that they were almost in position. “Come on now, children.” With an evil grin, she disguised as Applejack while her two children went as Rainbow Dash and Rarity. “It’s time finally take over all of Equestria…”

Comments ( 12 )

:ajbemused: Of course she'd want ma hat!

Everyone wants to be Applejack :ajsmug:

So he's going to amass an army of drained ponies to surround the rest of the hive and do... Plot things? That's going to be interesting for sure.
Keep going! ;)

ponies hear e my name is Doomie and i want you to fight with me to overthrow queenmeanie pants:facehoof:

It's the scene from the apocalypse, but Doomie is gonna be the Gandalf who arrives with the army to save the day.

Let's hope he arrives before dawn.

UPDATE I DEMAND IT!

Will this be updated?

Nice Story hope you update/finish it soon :twilightsmile:

is this story dead i think it is

100th like now that made my minute

X years later...

Twig saluted. “Because the plot demands it.”

Legendary.

Login or register to comment