• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 2,114 Views, 54 Comments

A Bug?...In The Resistance? - Dr Atlas



Pinkie and her lingfriend, Doomie, are having a tough time being together, seeing as how both of their factions are at war with each other. (An alternate timeline fic to "Do...You?")

  • ...
8
 54
 2,114

Night...186

“You bugs are gonna be in a world of trouble for keeping us behind these bars. When our friends find out what you’ve done to us while we’ve been in here, you’ll-”

“Regret it…” The changeling guard said in annoyance. “Listen, ya rainbow haired freak, every dang day you sit in that cell and always go on a rant about somepony getting you out, and every single day, what happens?” He waited for her to finish, but the pegasus just turned away and let go of the bars in front of her. “Come on, pony, what happens?”

“No one comes…” An orange pony across from Dash said in depression while leaning against the wall of her own cell.

The guard slowly clapped his hooves. “Give the little horse a prize. Yes, nopony comes to save your flanks, and it ain’t gonna happen anytime soon, so, I suggest shutting up before we cut your meal plans again.”

The cyan coloredmare gritted her teeth. “Like I actually like the slop you give us! You know how bad that stuff is.”

The earth pony cleared her throat, wanting Dash to shut up. “Dash, I really don’t wanna see ya starve again, so stop yellin’ and just go back to your exercises.”

Dash ran up to her cell bars and wrapped her hooves around them, her head trying to pop out with no avail. “I’ll do my wing ups when I feel like it, AJ!”

Applejack glared at her while the guard smirked. “Heh, you ponies and your hopes and dreams of getting out of this place, it’s kinda pathetic.”

In a fit of rage, Dash tried pulling on the bars for the fifth time today and failed again, landing on her back. Applejack facehoofed. “Dash! will ya stop doin’ that! You know it’s not gonna work.”

“It will one day!” Dash yelled. “And when it does, the first thing I’m gonna do is rip that spear off that bugs hooves and shove it right-”

The changeling held the tip of the spear inches away from her face, making her reel her head back. “You ain’t gettin’ out of there, ya winged weirdo, and you two should be lucky you get a cell like this all to yourselves. Your unicorn friend has is worse than you.” He pointed his spear at Dash again, making her back away from the bars.

“Which one?” Applejack asked. “Twi.” She turned to her left, where the last cell was, holding a white unicorn who was curled up in a corner with her face on her legs “Or Rare?”

The guard shrugged innocently and walked up to Rarity’s cell. “I dunno, but I'm sure it's not the one who deserves a muzzle for twelve hours a day with how much she whines.”

Rarity instantly ran right up to him and snarled. Her hooves would’ve made contact with him if the bars weren’t so close together. “Hmm mhmm hmm!” She mumbled through the muzzle.

The changeling laughed while Applejack glared at him. “Puttin' that thing on 'er mouth and stickin' gunk on her horn is sick, ya know that?”

The guard shrugged and looked over at Applejack “At least we let ya keep your hat, and the way we treat you mares are better than what the queen does to your twinkle friend.” He raised a hoof to his ear stem and leaned toward the steel door at the end of the room. “I think I can almost hear that unicorn friend of yours giving answers.”

AJ didn’t even want to know what went on in the room Twilight was held in, she stopped thinking about it after she heard about magical torture being worse than physical. “Twi has held out for five months, and I doubt she’d ever tell you bugs anything about the resistance.”

The guard rubbed his chin. “I could never really understand why you think a ragtag bunch of ponies in a forest will save you from an empire.”

“Hmmhrph hmm hrph Rfgmh!” Rarity mumbled loudly.

Dash stood tall. “Rarity’s right! They will save us...eventually.”

The guard rolled his eyes. “Yeah, you keep tellin’ yourself that, I’m sure it’ll make you sleep better at night.”

Applejack glanced at her bed, which was nothing but a pile of hay the changelings provided them. “S’better than where ya keep the rest of the ponies.”

The changeling held a hoof to his mouth and gasped. “Why, whatever do you mean? We make sure all the ponies we’ve captured be taken with the utmost care.”

Dash punched the bars, causing a ding sound to eco. “You shove them in a cocoon and hang them upside down in a section of this castle that’s just rows and rows of them!” she shouted. “You changelings are monsters...treating ponies like food.”

“But they are food.” The guard said. “And they will be nothing but until their lives give out, but until then, they’re gonna be stuck in those things for a long time, just like you three, minus the cramped living space.”

Applejack slumped on the right wall. “If ah hear another word about what goes on in this room, I’ll-”

The changeling laughed. “You’ll what? Hurt me? Break out? Cause us more chaos than that stupid goat? Cause if we can deal with him, we can deal with you.”

“Mhh hm mph hrrmpy mmh HRRph!” Rarity mumbled.

The guard chuckled. “Keep mumblin’ ya stick head, ain’t gonna make your life any better

Applejack was getting sick of what this changeling was calling them. “She’s a unicorn, ya insect.”

“And you’re a filthy mud runner, you’re point?”

AJ held back her words and actions that would cause the bug so much pain if it weren’t for the bars that separated them. “Mud runner or not, when I get outta here…” She pointed at her legs. “these legs are gonna kick. Your. A-”

*CREAK*

The changeling and ponies looked toward the door, seeing another changeling wearing a green rag on his head and holding three trays of green gunk on his head and back. “I’m here, Jack.”

Dash scratched her head. “It’s been five hours already.”

Jack the changeling laughed. “You’re still wearing that old rag? You look like an idiot, you know that?”

Doomie rolled his eyes. “Yeah, well, believe it or not, it really intimidates the ponies, ain’t that right?” He looked at the three mares in the cells, all of them glad to see him again.

Rainbow Dash tried her best to act terrified. “Uh...yeah, it sure is pretty scary, really intimidating.”

Applejack got up. “Yup, it makes ya look pretty tough, too.”

“Hmm phf hmmphf.” Rarity muttered.

Jack glared at them while Doomie put on a smirk. “Told ya.”

Jack propped his spear on his back and started walking out, standing close enough to Doomie and whispering,. “Make sure the rainbow one gets the least amount, and be really careful about taking off that muzzle on the white one, I dunno how you do it without a scratch on ya, but make sure she puts it on again before you leave.”

Doomie saluted. “Don’t worry, Jack, I got it from here.”

Jack eyed him and looked back at the ponies, hoping they wouldn’t hear this next bit of information, “You better keep an eye out, I heard the queen talk about a traitor walkin’ around here, they could be anyone of us in this hive, so, be on the top part of your hooves, got it.”

Doomie continued saluting, internally scared for his life. “I got it covered.”

Jack nodded and made his way out, once the door finally shut, Doomie walked in between all the cells and sighed in relief. “Is he gone?” Dash asked.

Doomie set the trays on the floor and leaned on Dash’s cell. “Looks like it, anyways, how’s life been treatin’ ya, Rango?”

Dash glared at him. “It’s Rainbow, and life been treating me like sh-”

Applejack coughed. “Life’s been okay for us, we’ve been workin’ out a bit to build our strength when we get outta here. Which should be any day now.”

Doomie figured that she would still be impatient about the plan. “Listen, I promise I’ll break you guys out soon, I just need time.”

“You’ve been sayin’ that for months now, Doomie.” Applejack slumped back to the wall on the far end of her cell. “How much time do ya need?”

“I just need to wait for Steve to finally quit his job as a night guard. That stupid insect has gone on long enough to guard you three through the night, and I know the place well enough to get you guys out without anyone even noticing.”

“You don’t even remember our names.” Dash pointed out. “How can you remember a castle like this?”

Doomie crossed his arms. “Names are just harder for me.”

Dash didn’t want to ask and decided to ask more important questions. “So, how was the morning mission? Did you meet up with Pinkie?”

Doomie smiled. “The mission was a complete failure, I made sure to Tell her that ya still hate it here, and she still misses you gals.”

“What about Shy?” Applejack asked. “Is she feelin’ the same way?”

Doomie shrugged. “Pinkie didn’t tell me, but I’m sure she does

“Hmm mhh hmrphhfth?” Rarity asked.

Dash nodded. “Yeah, what about Twilight? D-Did you manage to get a glimpse of her?”

Doomie was afraid they’d ask him this. “She’s...been better. After the queen yelled at us, she went into her tor...er, prison room and...uh-”

“Don’t.” Applejack said. “Don’t say it, Doomie. I don’t wanna hear it, I just want somethin’ to eat, so hoof over the food, will ya?”

Doomie faced her, eyes filled with determination. "I'll get her out too. I promises, and it'll probably be easier since the queen leaves her in there without any guards anyways."

"Hmmphf hemf?" Rarity asked.

Doomie smiled. "Because the queen says the chains on all her limbs and neck, the things she goes through, and the gunk on her horn makes her-"

"DOOMIE!" Applejack yelled. "Stop...talking...and give us...the food."

Realizing what a touchy subject he brought up, he decided to drop it and look down at the trays of ‘food’, which were just the green gunk they used to hold up the cocoons. Dash gagged. “What make you bugs think we can stomach this stuff?”

Doomie shrugged and held up one of the trays. “It’s nutritious, Okay. We changelings ate it when we were hatchlings and they helped us grow big and strong, so...” He leaned the food closer to her, making her back up. “eat up.”

Dash then noticed something. “Uh...why’s my stuff smaller than their servings? Not that I’m saying I want more.”

Applejack decided to answer. “Probably because they cut ya down...again.” Applejack turned to Doomie “Give her some of mine.”

Rainbow Dash wanted to object, but her stomach told her not to with a loud growl. Doomie noticed and said, “You’ve had your rations cut five times this week, Django, and every time it’s gotten less and less, so just eat the stuff.”

“It’s Rainbow Dash, and why’d ya put a D in front of it?”

Doomie smiled and grabbed some of AJ’s lunch, throwing it on Dash’s with a splat. “The D’s silent.” He set the tray on a wide, cut off section on the row of bars for food to come through, he carefully slid it in while Dash held her hooves out to catch it.

“Why can’t we have water during lunch?” Dash asked as she set the tray on the floor. “Why’s it always at dinner time?”

“Water’s pretty hard to get for you ponies.” Doomie walked over to Applejack and did the same. “Here’s yours, Eppaljeck”

“AppleJack.”

“Isn’t that what I said?”

AJ didn’t say anything and just took the tray out of his hooves through the slot, dropping it on the ground without worry of it spilling. Doomie shrugged and walked over to give Rarity her serving. After her first hard gulp, Rainbow Dash realized she didn't even say,“T-thanks AJ.”

Applejack swallowed hard on the piece of green gunk. “Brrleh...don’t mention it, sugar cube.”

Dash grabbed another piece and held it up to eye level, her stomach saying yes while her tastebuds said no. “C-Can’t ya just get some real pony food from Pinkie?” She asked Doomie.

“And risk getting caught with pony food?” Doomie asked as he waited for Rarity to come close enough to help undo the straps on her muzzle. Once she had the back of her head facing him, he started undoing the straps through the bars with his magic. “I’ve explained this already, Dosh.”

“Dash.”

“Whatever, anyways, Pinkie has also been trying to get food for her ponies too, but she doesn’t have the heart to do it. I’ve heard that it’s been harder for them to find food the longer they’re out there.” He pointed at Dash’s ‘food’. “The stuff you’re eating now is almost the combined size of the ponies rations per day.”

Applejack was almost too afraid to ask. “How many mouths do they need ta feed?”

Doomie frowned and undid the last slime bind on Rarity’s muzzle. “Last time Pinkie told me, it was over seventy.”

Rarity gasped as the muzzle finally came off and yelled, “Seventy ponies!? How can you feed that many ponies with food the size of that!” She pointed at her food.

Doomie bit his lip, knowing that there were probably more now. “I don’t know, Fairity.”

“RARity!” She yelled as she reluctantly took the tray of food. “You really need to brush up on pony names, Darling.”

Doomie shrugged. “At least I remember her name.”

“When are ya gonna meet Pinkie again anyways?” Applejack asked.

“In a few days.” Doomie smiled. “We’re gonna be meeting-”

“By the waterfall in the moonlight.” Dash said mockingly and took another bite reluctantly. “An’t ou ouw unng finah a plahs ta.” She swallowed. “Bleah...a place that’s not the same every time?”

Rarity gasped dramatically. “Where else are they supposed to spend their time together?” She said, holding her hooves together and smiled. “I can only imagine the things you two love birds do in that place. It must be so wonderful.”

“Whe...Well, we try.” Doomie couldn’t hold back his blush. This mare would always give him love advice whenever she talked to him, and it did work at times, though, Pinkie could always guess it was things Rarity told him. “S-She usually knows the things I say are from you, though.”

Rarity smiled and raised an eye. “You better have been taking my advice, Doomie, I know what a mare like her needs in times like this.”

Dash snickered. “Don’t ya mean what you need?”

“Oh, hush. Dash, what do you know about love?”

Dash held up another piece of slop, waiting for the right moment to take a bite. “I know enough that getting love advice from you is not a smart thing to do.”

Doomie laughed. “Then it’s a miracle that I’m not that smart, ain’t it?”

Rarity laughed. “Doomie, don’t say something like that. You are smart...just...in different ways.”

Doomie cocked his head. “Like what?”

Realizing saying that was a mistake, Rarity started coming up with something nice to say. “Um...w-well...uh.”

The door swong open and Doomie immediately stood in attention. “Doomie!” The next guard on watch yelled. “Shift’s over, I’ll take it from here.”

"fifteen minutes already? Doomie frowned while Rarity wiped off sweat from the top of her brow. “Alright, alright.” Doomie said. “You don’t have to be so professional about it.”

“These are the elements, Doomie! They are the most important prisoners in this place, just think of what could happen if they were let out!” The guard shivered, not even wanting to know.

Doomie just shrugged and said, “I’m sure we can handle something like them.” He turned to Rarity and winked, knowing she was probably one of the most dangerous mares he’d ever met.

The guard didn’t notice and extended his hoof. “Hoof over the muzzle, Doomie. Little Miss annoying needs it after she’s done with her slop.”

Rarity would’ve made a rude remark if her mouth wasn’t full of said slop. Doomie grinned nervously and gave him the muzzle. “Uh...a-are you sure you're okay with putting it on her?”

The guard shrugged. “Eh, how hard can it be.”

Doomie decided not to question it and make his way to the doors, nodding at Applejack and Rainbow Dash before he left. He shut the door and sighed, knowing that theses next few days were gonna be long the more he thought about meeting up with Pinkie. He started walking off, but not before jumping in surprise once he heard sounds of pain come from the room, he could only guess Rarity found some way to hurt him.

“Heh...crazy mare.”