• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 5,458 Views, 209 Comments

Entry #649 - KitsuneRisu



These are the final pages of the memoirs of Rarity, collected from her home and from the waters of Seal Bay. We hope she returns to us soon.

  • ...
6
 209
 5,458

Entry #662/2 – 29/3/1129

As I left, earlier, I found Old Stallion Fenseed outside my door.

Upon seeing me, he screamed and yelled, kicking up venom, cursing me and wailing such that the whole town might hear.

He asked me why I sought truth so fervently.

It is to find Twilight, is it not? It is to join her, where she may lie.

He told me I was wrong. He told me she was wrong.

He spat at me with such force, telling me not to fight him.

When I asked what I did, he said I would never understand, for if I had, it would be too late.

He then blamed me. It was my fault, he said, that my friend was lost a week past. It was my fault, he said, that I too would find the truth, and that I have doomed everyone in the town.

It was in a rare moment for him when he dropped his voice, steadied himself, and stared straight into my eyes, telling me that he, once, long ago, also sought the truth, and in it found blindness. He warned me, sternly, to stay out of his way and not upset things for the third time.

But what of his have I upset twice before?

He demanded to know, suddenly, where the object was, that he might once more set things right.

It was in my house, I told him. I had no energy to argue. I told him that I had put it away in my safe, and watched as he entered my house without asking, browning paper in hoof, glaring at me all the time, muttering something under his breath with words that I did not recognize.

I do not know what he wanted, but he was a mad old stallion with mad agendas.

Of course, I would never let him get his hooves on something so important.

The child is safe with me, here in my bag.

As it should.