• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 5,462 Views, 209 Comments

Entry #649 - KitsuneRisu



These are the final pages of the memoirs of Rarity, collected from her home and from the waters of Seal Bay. We hope she returns to us soon.

  • ...
6
 209
 5,462

Entry #656/4 – 19/3/1129

She was not there. But it was.

The object lay in the sand at the Bay, positioned upright, as if someone had put it there, right at the edge of the water. I walked straight up to it, as if I had always meant to find it, in that, along the entire length of the bay, illuminated by nothing more than than the stars, did I simply happen to stumble upon it by some sort of cosmic chance.

The Bay is such a beautiful place at night, with perfectly unwavering waters. The whole area is like a great black mirror that reflects the stars above. Nothing bothers the surface. Nothing there but stillness and dots of white upon black. It is like glass, the way it simply lies there, and one could gaze upon the stars by looking downward.

But as I picked the object up, I felt something beginning to stir. Nothing broke the surface of the waters, but I perhaps thought I saw a star or two wink out, replaced by strange shadow that was a little less dark than black. It would have been the reflection of a cloud, maybe, or something overhead.

I never did look up, away from the deep. Almost as if I couldn’t.

With the object in my hooves, the silence suddenly rushed away, and the waves returned along with the sounds of life. It was a peculiar, odd sensation, and I cannot explain it.

I must have spent a good many minutes spending my time staring at the bay, perhaps in a vain effort that I would catch sight of Twilight, and I must have lost track of time, for the next thing I realised, I was back home, placing the object back down upon my table.

I must write to Princess Celestia the first thing in the morning, for now I feel nothing but the need to sleep.

I must find her.