• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 5,448 Views, 209 Comments

Entry #649 - KitsuneRisu



These are the final pages of the memoirs of Rarity, collected from her home and from the waters of Seal Bay. We hope she returns to us soon.

  • ...
6
 209
 5,448

Entry #655 – 17/3/1129

It has been a tiring past few days, due to many incidents, and my spirit has been shifted in so many ways, and now I find that I have to backpedal a little.

I am not the most patient of ponies, and I am not the most understanding — this I have come to know of myself over the past year of living alone and thinking on things.

This morning, Twilight came to me, sheepish, scared, worried, timid.

She apologized for her actions last night, and told me that something had just came across her, and she was enraptured in the possibility of finding out a new truth.

She then took the time to explain in detail why this means so much to her — it was a primeval magic, she said, something that existed since the creation of the entire world. Its purpose is a mystery, and very few veins have ever been found. She mentioned that the birth of some of our adversaries were merely a splinter of what primeval magic could do, and that perhaps she was a bit too excited about it.

But the excitement is gone, she said. Just gone, and further prodding was met with casual brush-offs and an unsatisfying lack of explanation. However, she seemed better. No longer did her eyes show signs of madness, as I would describe, and she spoke in a calm, collected manner.

I told her my frank thoughts.

She agreed, and said that she would leave in the morning to call for an official study, since this now fell under her official jurisdiction.

In return, she requested to leave the object with me until her return, and she packed up her things to be on her way.

She apologized profusely for her behaviour after all this time, and told me how unprofessional she had been acting. She told me to leave everything as it was, and to wait for her to come back. She said she could not take the object with her. It was essential that it remain here in my care.

I simply shook my head. Whatever it meant at the time, I wasn’t sure, but it seemed as though Twilight interpreted it in a way she was happy with.

With a final whisper of regret, she left.

I have decided to put the object above my writing desk, and even now, I can gaze up at it to look upon its wrinkled surface. I don’t know why Twilight expected me to clean up after her, but I could not leave the guest room in such a state.

All this trouble due to a small item like that!

At least life will return to some semblance of normalcy come tomorrow. For today, I am taking the day off, as they say, and I shall take a trip to the nearby city because this shoddy one does not have a spa.