• Published 21st Jan 2016
  • 1,253 Views, 21 Comments

Dependent - toxiconym



Flash Sentry's life changes when he falls in love with a filly fooler.

  • ...
13
 21
 1,253

Bonus Chapter

Author's Note:

"I'm sorry." Lyra spoke softly.

Flash turned her head to Lyra, meeting her soft gaze with colorful tears. "That's not going to do. Tell me exactly what you're sorry for," Flash painfully choked and buried her face onto the table. The ceiling fan spun slowly, ruffling her fur that shone brightly from the sun's blaze peaking in through the windows.

They sat together in silence. The bakery had long since closed down. The table the two were sitting on was one of the few tables left. Almost all of the furniture they used to own had been sold in an attempt to keep the business running. A failed attempt.

Lyra brushed her hoof against Flash's cheek, tears gathering at her eyes. "Flashie..."

"Don't call me that," Flash pushed away her hoof without looking up. "You're not allowed to call me that. Not anymore."

Flash lifted her head off the table, gazing at her ex marefriend's round face. "Not anymore. No more, Lyra."

A fly droned around the air surrounding them, resting on Flash's head. The searing sun formed pools of sweat along her coat. They dripped unto the wooden floor below, matting her fur with humidity along the way. Uncomfortable, but she didn't shift or flick the droplets off.

"I didn't want this for you, Flash. I didn't mean to hurt you like this." Lyra reached over and stroke Flash's mane. "You know that I would never wish that upon you. I did love you, Flash. I really did, I meant it. But now, I need you to let go of me. You told me you would do anything for me. It's time to hold up your end of that promise," Flash shook and looked at a bronze painting on the far wall. "Could you please do that for me?"

Flash closed her eyes. "Six months, Lyra." Flash said and fought back a tear. "For six months you lied to me."

Lyra sighed and stood up from the table. "I thought you would understand, Flash. I thought you of all people would understand."

A stomach growled.

"Flash, when was the last time that you ate?"

Flash laid her head onto the table but didn't look up. A clock ticked in the far corner of the room, signaling the hour. Five fifty-five P.M. The time they usually had dinner together. It was Lyra's lucky number, she said. Five fifty-five.

"I'm going to go. I'll be back later, okay? Do yourself a favor and please eat something for me. I'll be back soon" Lyra walked toward the door. She turned back and looked at her ex one more time.

She hadn't moved at all.

With a sigh, Lyra opened the door and walked out into the sunny day. A cream-colored mare stood near a distant sweets shop. With a smile, she trotted toward her direction and didn't look back.

Comments ( 5 )

I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm. It's easy to pretend, I know your not a fool. Should have known better then to cheat a friend, and waste the chance that I've been given. So I'm never gonna dance again, the way I danced with you~

I had to.

I did love you, Flash. I really dead, I meant it.

Wrong word there.

I really wouldn't mind reading another story that deals with this chapter, as it is a rather sad state to leave Flash in, especially all he/she gave up.

Maybe see her deal with a persistent stallion and see how she feels about that.

7494627 I may have plans. I've learned a little since I wrote this story, there won't be any deus ex genderchanges

7822299 Woo-wee.
I'll write something better eventually.

Login or register to comment