• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 706 Views, 15 Comments

A little drop of snow. - grammar404



Snowdrop has been resurrected but without her memories. Who played their part into her rebirth and what magic was used? But there is more, beast and monsters started appearing in the tundra, more ferocious and ugly than the last. What possible role d

  • ...
1
 15
 706

Chapter II: The next morning.

"Snowdrop..."

Huh?

"Snowdrop.."

This voice, it sound so familiar...

"Snowdrop."

"Huh?" Snowdrop gasped. She opened her eyes to see that she was laying on top of a grassy hill, just below a shady willow tree. The sun was out and the wind felt relaxing as they touched her fur.

"Oh good, you're awake!"

"I – I – I can see!" Snowdrop smiled.

"Of course you can, you silly filly." The mare giggled. Snowdrop looked at the mare beside her, her mane was pink with a few white stripes, her coat was a pale shade of yellow, and her eyes... those pair of baby blue eyes; they felt so calming, sweet, and reassuring like so... so — Motherly!

"Now come, the others await us." She said as she stood up. She smiled at Snowdrop and started to walk down the hill.

"W – wait!" Snowdrop began to follow the mare, but as she continued it seems like the primrose coloured mare was slipping away. She ran, in hopes of catching up, but the mare was just out of grasp.

The mare stopped and turned to Snowdrop. "Snowdrop, hurry up my little filly."

"W – wait!" The mare started to shrink, along with every thing; leaving Snowdrop in a large expanse of darkness. "No! Don't go, wait for me! Please!" Tears ran down her cheeks, she continued to run nonetheless; as there was nothing else left. "Please! Don't leave me!"

'Snowdrop.... ' the mare's voice echoed through the vast void around her.

"My little pony, we have come to save thee from thy nightmare!" A new voice boomed through the blank space. It was also familiar to her but she can't put her hoof into it.

'Snowdrop, wake up. We are waiting for you.'

Snowdrop frantically looked around, but there was nothing.

'Snowdrop...'

The sound of beating wings came behind her and its owner landed with a thud.

"Little filly, we have come to save thee from thy nightmare's horrors, may thee turn around and face us so we can come to know thee?"

'Wake up!'


She gasped as she sat up. Sweat dribbled from her forehead. Snowdrop panted. Her heart, pounding in her chest, felt like it was going to burst out. She took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself.

"What was that dream?" she tried to think about it but the dream was quickly fading into longterm memory. Snowdrop shook her head, dismissing it as a simple nightmare. The familiar voices though, the words now incomprehensible, still felt familiar to her.

But no matter. Snowdrop decided to focus on her current situation. She was still in Rosie's care it seems, as the loud snores of the mare was to indicate it. She rubbed the sleepiness off her eyes, letting out a long yawn. She stretched her forelegs, groaning in the process. Her head turned towards the door as a series of knocks came from it.

"Rosie," a female voice said; "I heard from your father that you're back. Breakfast is ready, dear. Do come out."

Snowdrop decided to help and open the door for Rosie's mother. She pushed her blanket off and hopped onto the floorboard. She cautiously made her way where the voice came.

The mare knocked again while the little filly made her way towards the door.

"Rosie? Dear, are you awake? Would you like me to come back a bit later?"

Snowdrop was sure that she was now standing in front of the door. She reached above her and poked around until she found the knob, she twisted it and pulled the door ajar.

"Rosie! Go–" the mare seemed shocked, she placed a hoof on her chest to support that. "Oh! Uh – uh... Hi! My husband said something about her having a company but expected less, like a dog or something. But this?" The mare's voice was tainted with amusement; "What is your name foal?"

"I'm Snowdrop."

"Snowdrop? What a pretty name. You can call me Ms. Butterscotch. Now, come Snowdrop, breakfast is waiting." The mare took a look at Rosie's sleeping form then nodded. She walked back towards the kitchen. Snowdrop followed, her ears twitched as she tried to guess and mimic the mare's steps to avoid furnitures and stuff.

The said mare; however, noticed the filly's slow pace and thought that something was wrong. She trotted up to Snowdrop and asked,

"Is there something wrong Snowdrop?"

"Uh... No.. There's nothing wrong."

"Then what's with the speed slowpoke?" The mare chuckled at her own joke. It seems she does not find it that funny herself.

"I can't see, so I'm trying my best to keep up... sorry." The filly gave a sheepish smile.

"Oh.." The mare chuckled nervously. Her cheeks flushed, her eyes darted left and right. She fanned her face with her hoof. "Is that so? Phew, why is suddenly hot in here?"

"It is?" Snowdrop's eyes widened in an innocent look of confusion and shock. "How come I can't feel it?" She raised an eyebrow, and tapped her chin in thought. "Am I turning numb too?"

"What? N – n – no! You're perfectly fine, dear! It's just me being silly and all." She tittered; "How about we continue our way into the kitchen? Come give me your hoof and we'll be off."

Snowdrop took the mare's outstretched foreleg and made their way into the kitchen.


Rosie groggily woke up. She was laying on her back, the soft mattress made it hard for her to leave it. She cracked an eye open. Yes, she was in her room; in her house. She closed her eye and grinned. Yup, she made it. She had the medicine and the seeds that she was asked to get. Although, she had a filly with her named Snowdrop. Yes, the little pegasus filly. The filly who was absent from where she had slept beside her. There was only an empty space on the bed. Empty space.

Rosie sat up, with wide eyes.

"Snowdrop?"

Rosie surveyed the room. No sign of the pegasus filly. When her eyes landed upon the open door, Rosie sighed. She must have gone to the restroom. She was about lay back on the bed when she remembered that Snowdrop was blind.

"How is she suppose to find where the rest room's at?"

To her curiosity. Rosie decided to perish the thought of sleeping in today to go and look for the wee pegasus filly. She pushed her blanket of and fixed the bed. Nodding in satisfaction, she stepped outside and closed the door to her room. The smell of pancakes and haycons lingered through the corridor. She sniffed the luscious aroma which made her stomach grumble. She moaned, thinking of its delicious flavour when she finally get a bite in those grubs.

Rosie made her way towards the kitchen, occasionally glancing around in hopes of spotting the little filly. When she passed the archway that lead to the kitchen, she was greeted by the sound of a flaming stove as her mother played with the pan, flipping the pancakes and haycons high up the ceiling.

She sat on the table when she turned her head just beside her, Snowdrop was happily chewing on a plate full of haycons. Her cheeks was puffy as her grin. She took another bite on one of those haycons, and moaned as its flavour burst in her mouth. Her mother saw her with a side glance.

"Good morning dear." Butterscotch said, flipping the contents of the pan.

"Good morning mum."

The cream coated unicorn mare turned the stove off and made her way to the table. Her red mane was tied into a bun. A batch of freshly cooked pancakes and haycons sat on a plate on her hoof. She levitated a few on her daughter's plate then sat on a chair opposite to Rosie's.

As the russet maned mare ate her grub, her mother took a few bites then took a deep breath.

"So, care to tell me how'd you came into possession of this foal?" Said Butterscotch, in a rather—serious tone.

"Shnohdroph?" Asked Rosie, mouth full of grub.

"Meh?"

"Yes, her. Snowdrop, sweetie, continue eating, pay no attention to us. This is grown up talk." The filly nodded.

"So, who's the stallion?" Rosie almost choked on her food.

"S-stallion? There's no stallion, mum!" The russet maned mare leaned closer to her mother. "I found her somewhere in a cave."

"In a cave? How can that be, are you sure?"

"I am!" She then proceeded to tell her tale to her mother. Butterscotch gasped in shock every time her daughter would talk about their encounter with the dire-wolves. It took her a moment to take it all in, she then sighed in relief.

"Well, I am glad you're safe. I'm sorry I was not here when you returned."

"It's alright mum." They smiled.

"Now, don't let me keep you from your food. Its your favourite see?"

"Delicious Haycons." Said Rosie, in-between chews.


Rosie walked through the village's snow covered cobblestone path, Snowdrop walked beside her; keeping aware of her older companion's presence.

It was an early morning, the sun brought warmth upon the cold land. After eating their breakfast and helping out in some house chores, Butterscotch decided that, Rosie must go to the village hall and ask for the little filly's information. Hopefully to find her parents or relative. But what Rosie could not fathom was, why would a family leave a filly in a cave all by herself? That is just one of some questions that plagues the mare's mind.

Rosie passed by a group of fillies and colts running around and playing in snow, Snowdrop, however, shied under Rosie's legs. The mare looked at the filly and gave a small smile, pulling her close to her.

The village hall was not easy to miss, it was the tallest building in the village. Stretching high up in the sky, it was a famous spot for pegasi's for a date; standing at the centre of of the village and all. Though, Rosie wished to experience the sight, she knew she could not without any wings. Or a really large trampoline that like the one she saw in the Crystal Empire.

The two passed the tall opened doors, moving across fellow ponies who was going in the opposite direction. There were three counters with only two available. The line was short, but the place was no dull. No, the village hall was the most beautiful building here in the village, second was the local inn. The place was warmly lit, potted plants and comfortable sits were placed carefully. After all, with a village this far out, they would like to at least give travellers a warm welcome, and perhaps a reason to stay or come again.

After a few minutes of waiting in line, Rosie stood in front of an older unicorn mare. Her mane was a soft touch of yellow, her coat was a light shade of brown. A quill for a cutie-mark was pasted on her flank. A large pair of glasses adorned her muzzle, over her sharp blue eyes. She wore a kind smile, her demeanour radiated with a jolly atmosphere.

"Hi!" Said she. "How can I be of assistance?"

"Hello," Rosie smiled. "I'm here to ask for some information about a pegasus filly."

"Okie dokie!" The mare took a form from under the stall. "Just fill this up and come back later." The mare's eyes wandered for a bit. "Care to tell on what is your relationship with this individual?"

"I'm acting as her guardian for now." Rosie answered.

"And where is this wee filly?"

"Oh! Here she is." Rosie lifted Snowdrop up the counter. "Say hello, Snowdrop."

"Hello."

"Awe," the mare made a cutesy face. "You're adorable!"

"Thanks! What's your name?" Rosie giggled.

"My name is Bright Quill. Say, Snowdrop, want to see some magic?" Bright Quill asked enthusiastically.

"Uhhhmmm..." Snowdrop's ears lay downcast.

"Ah, no. She can't see, she has an... inborn eye problem?"

"Oh! How horrible!" Bright Quill held Snowdrop's face, making the little filly do a funny pouty face. "Such a poor cute thing like you." Then she continued talking baby talks to the filly. That, until somepony from the line behind Rosie coughed.

Bright Quill stopped her antics and blushed, rubbing her mane, with an embarrassed look.

Cough. She straitened herself and spoke professionally. "We'll see what we can find. As I said, come back later, perhaps this evening. Maybe we had found some by then."

Rosie nodded. "Alright, thanks."

Rosie waved goodbye to the unicorn mare, who returned the gesture. Snowdrop waved too, which made Bright Quill perk up and smile.

Author's Note:

This chapter has not been professionally edited. Typos and grammatical error are loose! Please, helpful criticism is welcomed. Feedbacks are appreciated, because you are a lovely bunch.

If you have something that you may want to be cleared up or understand, please email me or leave a comment.

Do leave a reason on why you dislike the story as I want to improve its quality.
See you next chapter!:pinkiesmile::heart: