• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 2,433 Views, 68 Comments

The Lost Spell Book - ASGeek2012



Twilight could weather the loss of one of her many books on magic, so long as it's not that particular one on forbidden transformation magic. But what's the chance of that happening with an efficient assistant like Spike around?

  • ...
10
 68
 2,433

Chapter 4 - Sexy Wings and Evil Monologues (and, oh yeah, Twilight shows up)

A very green-faced Brad -- well, more green than his pony fur, anyway -- galloped into the downstairs bathroom, leaving behind his partially consumed breakfast of cold pepperoni pizza in the kitchen, and proceeded to retch loudly into the toilet. Amy rolled her eyes from where she was seated cross-legged on the sofa as she looked up from the transformation spell book open in her lap. "I told you, ponies don't eat meat, you nitwit!"

The handle rattled and Brad cursed before both were finally drowned out by flushing. "I hate being a pony!"

"And I hate hearing you complain about it, so we're even."

Brad emerged from the bathroom, looking less green -- to the limits of his normal greenness -- and frowned. "I can't believe you want to turn yourself into this."

Amy dropped her gaze into the book. "I am expecting to turn myself into a unicorn."

Brad rolled his eyes as he trotted forward. "Oh, yeah, that makes perfect sense."

"It's so I can wield more powerful magic."

"The only magic I want you to wield is something to change me back."

"Yeah, well, that will have to wait."

"Huh? Why??"

Amy looked up. "Well, ah ... heh ... I don't actually have a spell to change you back."

Brad's eyes widened. "You what?!"

"These spells only change people into ponies, not the other way around."

"But you've only been looking at the first part of that book," said Brad. "What about the rest of it?"

"Oh, um, well, those are different kind of spells that do things to existing ponies."

Brad raised an eyebrow. "What sort of things?"

"Nothing you would be interested in," said Amy quickly.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"But maybe there's a spell that would make it easier to use these dumb hooves."

"Trust me, there is nothing hoof-related about those spells."

"Then what about something to make me bigger?"

Amy snorted.

"What's so funny?" Brad demanded. "I just don't like being this small."

Amy giggled.

"I mean, what would my girlfriend say if she saw how tiny I was?"

Amy laughed.

Brad stomped his hoof. "You're not helping!"

"I'm sorry, Brad, but the fact of the matter is, there are no spells in this book that can help change you back."

"Then that's the stupidest spell book ever written," Brad declared. "You sure Mom didn't write it?"

Amy frowned. "Listen, pony-boy, if you don't want me turning you over to the glue factory, you'll treat your sister with a little more respect."

"Oh, yes, of course! Yes, all bow to the sorceress who can't even shoot her spells straight! I'm real impressed! I ... um ... uh-oh ..."

Amy had risen from the sofa and loomed over him. "You're going to stop nagging me and let me concentrate."

Brad gulped and backed away. "B-but you just said there are no spells to--"

"Have you been listening? I'm going to become a unicorn. Once I am, I will become powerful enough to change you back. But there's every possibility that if I am too distracted when I cast the spell I might not become a unicorn. Then you'll be a pony for the rest of your life."

Amy did not truly believe she would be anything but a unicorn, but it had the desired effect on her brother. He looked up at her with shimmering eyes reminiscent of the day years ago when Amy had threatened to reveal to their mother his stash of porn magazines if he didn't quit teasing her.

"Do we understand each other now?" Amy said with a satisfied smile.

"Y-yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Amy."

"And?"

Brad blinked. "Huh?"

"Use my full title! Like Mom!"

Brad's eyes widened. "You're not really gonna make me call you ...?"

Amy simply smiled.

Brad sighed. "Fine. Yes ... oh Great and Powerful Amy."

Amy giggled. "The Great and Powerful Amy accepts your proper show of respect."

A knock sounded at the door.

"Oh, shit, that's gotta be my girlfriend!" Brad whisper-shouted. "She can't see me like this!"

"You go hide out in the downstairs office," Amy said. "And I'll take care of everything."

Brad gave her a wary look. "What are you going to do?"

"Don't worry, Brad. The Great and Powerful Amy knows what she's doing ..."


Another knock sounded, more insistent this time, just as Amy jogged up to the door and opened it. On the front porch stood a young woman with long, wavy red hair, her body poured into blue jeans and a pink spandex top. The hand she had used to knock on the door was still raised. She smiled and dropped it to her side. "Oh, hey there!" she said in a bright voice. "You must be Amy, huh? Brad told me he was crashing at his sister's place."

Amy smiled, looking over the young woman for a moment, as if assessing her. "Yes, he arrived rather unexpectedly yesterday."

The woman giggled and stepped past Amy and into the house, glancing around. "Yeah, he said you'd be a total peach about letting him stay for awhile."

"Did he, now?"

"Yep. So where is he?"

Amy closed the door. "He's temporarily indisposed. He had a little trouble keeping his breakfast down."

The young woman raised an eyebrow and placed her hands on her hips. "Oh, he better not be getting sick."

"Well, he is a little horse at the moment." Amy giggled. "Okay, that was bad."

"Huh?"

"Never mind. Inside joke. In either case, he's not quite himself this morning."

The woman rolled her eyes. "O-kay, I am definitely not getting whatever he's got. He may have to forget about any bedroom action, if you know what I mean." She tilted her head, her eyes flicking over Amy. "Um, you do know what I mean by that, right?"

"You mean sex?" said Amy. "Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Brad said you, well, don't get out much."

"My, but he does seem to go on about me, doesn't he?" Amy said. "Your name, honey?"

"Oh, it's Heather." She strolled over to the sofa and sat down. "And, um, don't call me honey, 'kay? So, is he gonna be long?"

"What's your hurry?" Amy sat down next to her. She placed a hand over the transformation spell book. "We can get to know each other a bit better while we wait."

Heather forced a smile. "If it's all the same to you, sugar, I'd--"

"So do you know each other from college?"

Heather sighed. "Uhhh, yeah, I guess you could say that."

"You attend -- well, used to attend, I suppose, in his case -- the same classes together?"

"Oh, no, I don't go to college." Heather giggled. "In fact, he had to sneak me into the dorms anytime we wanted to fuck."

"And they didn't catch on?"

"Well, I guess they did once he started missing too much class."

"He said they booted him out because he failed so many classes."

Heather grinned. "Well, yeah, I guess there is that, too."

"And you don't work during the day?" said Amy.

"Oh, I work odd jobs here and there when I start to run low on money and can't beg some off of my parents. I don't like to be bogged down, you know? I like my freedom."

"Given how Brad dropped out of college, it would appear he does as well."

Heather smiled. "Yep! He's a free spirit, just like me. Nothing to tie me down. Sky's the limit sort of thing, you know what I mean?"

"Most definitely."

"You know something? You're not really what I expected."

"Oh?"

Heather nodded. "Yeah, Brad pegged you kinda low on the coolness scale, but I think you're a little higher than that."

"How much higher?"

Heather shrugged. "At least twenty percent, maybe?"

Amy smiled. "You're going to be a pegasus, for sure."

Heather blinked. "Um ... pardon?"

Amy pulled the spell book into her lap. "Oh, nothing. Say, mind if I read you something interesting, Heather?"

Heather raised an eyebrow. "Um, well, if it won't take long."

"It won't," said Amy as she opened the book. "Trust me."


Inside the office, Brad paced until he could no longer stand the sound of his clopping hooves. What was taking Amy so long? All she had to do was make some excuse for him and tell Heather that he'd call her later.

Brad uttered a frustrated snort and stomped a hoof (a gesture which, despite its origin, was rather satisfying in letting off steam), his tail twitching. He was starting to regret ever coming to his sister's house in the first place.

What was Amy saying now? Her voice had gone suddenly weird, more like a chant than ...

He gasped. "She wouldn't ... she couldn't ... she ..."

Suddenly, a familiar voice wailed from the living room, "What did you just do to me?!"

Brad bolted, galloping down the hall as fast as his hooves would take him. He nearly pitched forward onto his muzzle as he skidded to an ungainly stop just inside the living room.

His eyes widened as his gaze fell on the little pony mare with dark blue fur and bright red mane and tail who stood next to the sofa. Clothing several times too big hung from her petite frame, entangling her legs.

"Oh, God," Brad breathed. "H-Heather?"

The mare's pupils shrunk to surprised points. "Brad?? Is that you? How did ... ack, get away from me!" Heather snapped as Amy descended on her. "You've done enough!"

"Stop complaining and stop squirming!" Amy said as she pulled at the loose clothing. "I'm just trying to prevent you from falling on your face."

Brad glared at Amy. "There is no way in hell that was another accident!"

"Of course it wasn't," said Amy with a smirk.

"Y-you ... you admit ... you did this on purpose?!" Brad sputtered.

"You said you didn't want Heather to see you like this. So now you're both ponies. Problem solved!"

"I didn't mean for you to turn her into ... into ..."

"Hey, wait, what are you doing?" Heather cried as the spandex top and bra were pulled away, revealing two feathery appendages at her sides. "You're going to leave me naked?!"

Brad's jaw dropped. "A-a-are those ... wings??"

"Huh? Wings?" Heather turned her head. "I-I have wings? I ... ack!"

Amy had managed to pull the remaining clothing from Heather in her moment of distraction. "In case you haven't noticed, Heather," said Amy with a grin. "Your little pony boyfriend here is naked, too."

Heather's eyes widened. "Oh, um, so he is," she murmured.

"Why did you do this to her?!" Brad cried.

"I told you before, ponies don't need clothing," said Amy.

"I don't mean that! Why did you turn her into a pony in the first place?!"

"Why not?"

"That's no answer!"

Amy giggled. "But just look at how adorable her cutie mark is!"

Brad turned his head and looked at Heather's flank. There he saw an image of a pony in silhouette lounging on a cloud in a blue sky, superimposed on a heart symbol. He had to admit, it did look rather cute. In fact, she looked cute as a pony, especially those wings.

"Um, Brad?" Heather said in a cross voice as she trotted over to him.

Brad tore his eyes from those feathered, lovely, shapely, sexy wings. "Huh? What?"

"When you said the other day you were interested in a little pony-play, I thought you meant kinky sex, not being turned into a pony!"

"I didn't exactly plan this, either!" Brad cried. "Thank my damn sister for that!"

"How the hell did she do it? Can she change us back?"

"Yes. Um ... eventually."

"Eventually?"

"I think."

"You think? That's not what I wanted to hear, Brad!"

Brad frowned. "Don't yell at me! At least you got something cool out of the deal!"

Heather tilted her head. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You at least got wings."

Heather glanced at herself and unfolded them.

Brad smiled and felt oddly flushed. "S-see, they look good on you."

"Oh, um, well, yeah, I guess they do look kind of cool, I ..." She eyed him and refolded her wings. "Wait, you got some sort of secret wing-fetish you didn't tell me about?"

"Huh? No! I didn't mean that!"

"Are you sure?!"

"Positive! I don't do that sort of wing -- I mean thing!"

Amy laughed.

"This is not funny, Amy," Brad said. "Seriously, why did you do this? It's not like you to do something just to be mean."

Amy smiled. "You're right, I did have a reason. You see, once I transform myself into a unicorn, then we'll have one of each type of pony: earth, pegasus, and unicorn. That's what's needed to complete the circle of pony magic."

"Um, Brad?" Heather asked. "What the hell is she talking about?"

"I don't expect you to grasp it," Amy said in a lofty voice. "I realized soon after I started this venture that transforming myself into a unicorn was not going to be enough to achieve my aims. I absolutely need the other two pony types."

Brad stared. "I thought you making me into a pony was an accident!"

Amy giggled. "That really was an accident. I simply took advantage of it."

"I don't understand."

"Join the club," Heather muttered.

Amy giggled. "I had every intention of transforming myself first, getting used to my new form and abilities, and then finding two unsuspecting people to become my earth and pegasus ponies. But after this little accident happened, after I cast the spell with such ease, I realized I was already more powerful than I had ever dreamed I would be. I didn't need to wait."

"Is that why you said that stuff about me being a pegasus before you did this to me?" Heather said.

"Oh, but that's the beauty of it," Amy said with a sly smile. "I don't control what kind of pony results from the spell. But the fact that I could accurately predict what you'd become means I have an even deeper understanding of pony magic than I had dreamed possible!"

Brad trembled. "Y-you have no intention of changing us back, do you?"

Heather gasped. "What??"

"Oh, my little ponies, why would I want to do that?" Amy said with a laugh.

"Wh-what are you going to do with us?" Heather whined.

"You two are going to help me realize an even greater goal, one I had not dreamed I would do anytime soon. It was something that I dared not aspire to for fear of my reach exceeding my grasp. But now, seeing just how Great and Powerful I really am, I intend to do it now and thus accelerate my ultimate plans. You two should be honored to participate in such a momentous event in history. You will have a front row seat for--"

Brad face-hoofed. "For crying out loud, will you please stop monologuing like some cartoon villain and tell us what you want to do?!"

Amy rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever. I mentioned there are three types of ponies. Well, there's actually a fourth type. A very rare type, a very powerful type, one that embodies the abilities and magic of all the three base types, one that I intend to ultimately transform myself into! A kind of pony called--"

A crack of thunder reverberated through the room, shaking the walls and sending the transformation book sliding from the sofa onto the floor. The air whirled in a vortex, buffeting papers about, and ruffling the hair of human and pony alike. The whirlwind coalesced into a single column of crackling energy just off the end of the sofa, a circle of glowing runes forming on the floor about its periphery.

In a flash of light, two figures suddenly materialized inside the circle. One was a little, purple dragon thing, no bigger than a dog. The other was a pony with lavender fur, and a mane and tail of deep blue streaked with purple and pink, and a red star surrounded by smaller white stars upon her flank. A horn extended from her forehead. Wings lay folded at her sides.

"--an alicorn," said Amy. She sighed. "Well, shit."