• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 25,876 Views, 5,387 Comments

The Moon in the Dark - Tatsurou



When little Luna falls down a deep pit, she discovers a world she never knew existed...and an adventure that will reshape the world as she knows it.

  • ...
84
 5,387
 25,876

PreviousChapters Next
Dating Start!

Woona eagerly returned to Snowdin to look for Papyrus. She really wanted to try that spaghetti that Sans made sound so delicious. She was rather surprised to find Papyrus waiting for her in front of his house. She happily approached him, finding his shocked expression oddly hilarious.

"SO YOU CAME BACK TO HAVE A DATE WITH ME ALREADY?" he asked, shocked. "WOW...YOU MUST BE REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS..."

"Of course I am!" Woona proclaimed happily.

Oh dear lord... Chara whispered in her mind, struggling not to laugh.

What? Woona demanded in her mind.

You'll see... Chara replied, his laughter now wicked.

"I'M GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE YOU SOMEPLACE REALLY SPECIAL!" Papyrus continued. "A PLACE I LIKE TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME!"

"Carry me?" Woona asked hopefully, lifting her forelegs to be picked up.

Grinning, Papyrus scooped her up and tucked her into his red scarf behind his head. She happily stood on his shoulders, clinging to his skull as he began to race around town. She glanced at where they were going as they raced ahead.

Hmm...not the library, somehow not surprising...Grillby's maybe? No, he's turning around before we get there... Her eyes went flat as he went right back to where he started.

"MY HOUSE!!!" Papyrus proclaimed eagerly.

Woona sighed silently. While not what she expected, she supposed it would do. She did want to see inside it, after all. Papyrus happily carried her inside before setting her down and allowing her to explore. She noticed Sans in the kitchen...drinking mustard through a straw?

Got a joke for you to tell him, Chara whispered in her mind before telling her the joke.

Although Woona didn't get it, she decided to share it. "Hey Sans!" she called out. "I didn't know your brother was the sort to bring a girl home on the first date!"

Sans promptly sprayed mustard all over the kitchen before falling backwards against the refrigerator, knocking it over, and finally falling flat on his face.

"WHERE ELSE WOULD I TAKE A GIRL ON A VERY SPECIAL DATE?" Papyrus asked in confusion, resulting in Chara bursting into laughter.

Sans glowered in Woona's direction, just above her head. Woona quickly realized he was glaring at Chara, and could apparently see him in addition to hearing him. Woona couldn't help but giggle as she began to explore the house, hearing Papyrus explain everything she saw. There was Sans' pet rock, a dirty sock with a sequence of post it notes attached representing a rather silly debate between the brothers over moving the sock, a quantumly entangled joke book, and a rather large television in the main room. Once she'd examined it all, she went up the stairs, seeing only two doors and a picture of a bone. She approached the left door.

"THAT'S MY ROOM!" Papyrus explained. "IF YOU'RE FINISHED LOOKING AROUND, WE COULD GO IN AND...DO WHATEVER PONIES DO WHEN THEY DATE?"

"don't you dare, chara..." Sans muttered quietly.

Feeling a bit mischievous herself, she relayed Chara's message around. "Oh, how forward of you!" she squealed.

"BUT OF COURSE!" Papyrus proclaimed eagerly. "THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS NEVER BACKWARD ABOUT BEING FORWARD-" A rhythmic, hollow, 'clonk'ing sound could be heard from the kitchen. "SANS! STOP BANGING YOUR SKULL ON THE WALL! IT'S GOT MORE HP THAN YOU DO!"

Giggling, Woona let Papyrus lead her into his room. She noticed a 'computer', as Papyrus identified it, a pirate flag, and a few other things, but she could feel herself starting to get hungry, so she went straight to Papyrus.

"IF YOU'VE SEEN EVERYTHING...DO YOU WANT TO START THE DATE?" Papyurs asked, trying to hide his nervousness.

Woona nodded eagerly.

"OKAY! DATING START!"

Lines similar to the FIGHT lines surrounded them, but colored pink and in the shape of a heart, expanding to contain the entire room.

"HERE WE ARE!" Papyrus proclaimed eagerly. "ON OUR DATE! I'VE...ACTUALLY NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE...BUT DON'T WORRY! YOU CAN'T SPELL PREPARED WITHOUT SEVERAL LETTERS FROM MY NAME!!!" He pulled out a book. "I SNAGGED AN OFFICIAL DATING RULEBOOK FROM THE LIBRARY! WE'RE READY TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!"

Woona wasn't sure if she should be impressed or pitying. Then again, she didn't know how dates worked with monsters either, so she decided to listen.

"STEP ONE...PRESS 'C' ON YOUR KEYBOARD TO BRING UP THE DATING HUD..." Shrugging, Papyrus walked over to his computer and pushed the 'C' key. "DID IT WORK?"

Woona heard Chara facepalm in her mind. It's a dating SIM instruction manual... he groaned. This isn't going to work-

Woona quickly gathered and focused her magic, pouring it into the DATE lines. Several images of various measuring scales appeared.

"WOWIE!" Papyrus proclaimed happily as he looked over the meters. "I FEEL SO INFORMED! I THINK WE'RE READY FOR STEP TWO!" He looked back in the manual. "STEP TWO...ASK THEM ON A DATE...WELL, YOU DID THAT ALREADY BUT WE CAN'T DO THINGS OUT OF ORDER! WE MUST GO BY THE RULES! SO...WOONA, WOULD YOU LIKE TO DATE ME, THE GREAT PAPYRUS?"

Woona shrugged. "Since I already asked-" apparently "-I suppose the answer's yes." What's going on, Chara? This seems really complicated.

It'll seem really funny before long, Chara promised. Just play along until then.

"I GUESS THAT MEANS IT'S TIME FOR PART THREE!" Papyrus continued, looking back into the book. "STEP THREE...PUT ON NICE CLOTHES TO SHOW YOU CARE!" He hesitated, only to gasp in shock. "WAIT A SEC...WEAR CLOTHING? THAT RIBBON IN YOUR HAIR, THAT CAP ON YOUR HEAD...YOU'RE ALREADY WEARING CLOTHES! AND EVEN THE APRON I BROUGHT TO BE YOUR CAPE! AND YOU WERE WEARING IT EVEN BEFORE THE DATE! NO...COULD IT BE? YOU WANTED TO DATE ME...FROM THE VERY BEGINNING?"

Papyrus seemed very flustered yet happy about this, so despite her confusion, Woona nodded.

All the meters vanished as Papyrus staggered back, flabbergasted. "NO! YOU PLANNED IT ALL! YOU'RE WAY BETTER AT DATING THAN I AM!! N-NOOO! YOUR DATING POWER..."

Another meter appeared, this one labeled 'Dating Power', and slowly filled with the blue of Woona's coat, only to stop about a third of the way full.

"NYEH!" Papyrus proclaimed as that meter left and a shifting line graph labeled 'Tension' became visible. "DON'T THINK YOU'VE BESTED ME YET! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE NEVER BEEN BEATEN AT DATING AND I NEVER WILL!"

He just told you he's never dated before, Chara grumbled.

Then he's obviously never been beaten, Woona countered.

"I CAN EASILY KEEP UP WITH YOU!" Papyrus declared. "YOU SEE, I, TOO, CAN WEAR CLOTHING! IN FACT...I ALWAYS WEAR MY SPECIAL CLOTHES UNDER MY REGULAR CLOTHES! JUST IN CASE SOMEONE SHOULD ASK ME ON A DATE! BEHOLD!"

"Magical transformation sequence go!" Woona proclaimed, shooting her magic through the DATE lines at Papyrus, causing him to flare in light as he spun around in a pirouette. His 'battle body' merged with his scarf as it swirled around him before flying away to reform on his race car bed, leaving a rainbow colored silhouette of Papyrus as he spun before his 'special dating clothes' revealed themselves: a baseball cap, a t-shirt with 'cool dude' written on the front and tiny basketballs for shoulder pads, sport shorts, gloves, and sneakers. Papyrus posed dramatically.

"BEHOLD!" Papyrus proclaimed. "PAPYRUS NEO, MASTER DATER!"

Woona giggled and clapped her hooves encouragingly, but something tickled her nose. A delicious aroma...

"CHANGING CLOTHES WAS NEVER THAT EPIC BEFORE!" Papyrus marveled. "YOU...YOU TRULY BRING OUT THE BEST IN ME! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY SECRET STYLE?"

Woona grinned widely. "It's so...you!" she declared, unsure what else to say.

"BUT OF COURSE!" Papyrus agreed. "WHAT OTHER OUTFIT COULD MORE APPROPRIATELY PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS THAT IS PAPYRUS?!"

"All it needs are some dramatic sunshades!" Woona agreed.

Papyrus goggled at her. "...GENIUS! I SHALL BE SURE TO GET SOME SOMEDAY! YOU ARE AMAZING, BOTH A GENUINE COMPLIMENT AND HEARTFELT ADVICE?" The 'Dating Power' meter reappeared, filling to two thirds full, even as Woona's nostrils tracked the delicious aroma. "BUT YOU DON'T TRULY UNDERSTAND THIS OUTFIT'S HIDDEN POWER! THEREFORE-"

"Pasghetti!" Woona proclaimed eagerly as she finally tracked the aroma, levitating herself to Papyrus' head as she knocked his cap off, tore the wrapping off the present hidden underneath, and dove into the plate of heavenly deliciousness thus revealed.

Papyrus' jaw hung. "YOU...YOU DID UNDERSTAND THE HIDDEN POWER...YOU ARE UNMATCHED AT DATING! AND...YOUR LOVE OF MY COOKING...YOU MUST REALLY LOVE ME, TOO! YOUR DATING POWER...IT'S OVER 9000!"

As he proclaimed this, the 'Dating Power' bar overflowed. Woona didn't really notice, as she was eagerly devouring the spaghetti.

"WOONA...IT'S PLAIN NOW. YOU'RE MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME."

"...hebe?" Woona asked, confused.

"EVERYTHING YOU DO...EVERYTHING YOU SAY...IT'S ALL BEEN FOR MY SAKE..."

"Well...yeah..." Woona agreed as Papyrus set the plate down, licking some sauce off her hoof.

"AND I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY..." Papyrus wiped his eyes. "MORE THAN ANYTHING, AND I...I THINK I HAVE...DEVELOPED SUCH FEELINGS AS WELL..."

Woona's eyes widened in confusion. "Uh, Papy..."

"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS!" Papyrus continued. "I'VE NEVER FELT LIKE THIS BEFORE..."

"Papy!"

"BUT I CANNOT DENY THESE FEELINGS-"

"Papy!" Woona roared out as the Royal Canterlot Voice blasted out full force, pushing him back against the wall.

Papyrus stared at her. "YES, DEAR WOONA?" he asked nervously.

"I'm four."

Papyrus gasped loudly, his hands going to his cheeks as he screamed in terror. "OH SWEET MAKERS! I WAS ABOUT TO CONFESS TO A TODDLER! I'VE BECOME THE MOST HORRIBLE TYPE OF MONSTER! HOW WILL I EVER RECOVER FROM GOING ON A DATE WITH-"

"This was a fun playdate!" Woona proclaimed happily. "We should do it again some time." She promptly went back to devouring the delicious spaghetti, ignoring Chara's howls of laughter.

"RIGHT...PLAYDATE! OF COURSE! THE GREAT PAPYRUS KNEW IT ALL ALONG! HE WAS JUST BEING SILLY FOR YOUR SAKE!" Papyrus turned away, rubbing the back of his head. "BOY, IF I HAD A FACE IT'D BE SO RED RIGHT NOW..."

Author's Note:

People were complaining Chara wasn't being evil enough.

Satisfied?

PreviousChapters Next