• Published 3rd Dec 2015
  • 2,358 Views, 56 Comments

The Family of the Season - CartoonNerd12



The royal family all comes together for this wonderful holiday.

  • ...
2
 56
 2,358

Chapter 13

The kids all slept in their beds, but Celestia knew that was about to change once she raised the sun. She greeted her sister on the watchtower as she was about to get ready to lower the moon.

"Ready, Sister?"

Luna giggled and nodded. Then, by using her magic, the moon slowly came down while Celestia lifted the sun up. No sooner had it been risen, the sisters heard excited yells.

"IT'S HEARTH'S WARMING DAY!"

Inside, the kids had got out of their beds and rushed to go downstairs, some even slid on the banister. Once they made it down, they went straight into the ballroom where the large Hearth's Warming tree was and a large stack of presents was waiting for them. They were about to dive in when Cotton shrieked out.

"Wait!"

They turned back to her in confusion.

"What's wrong, Cotton?" Screw Ball asked.

"How can we open this many number of presents when there's someone we know who is only getting one present today!"

Whirl rubbed his neck, "Oh, yeah…"

"What?" they looked to him for clarity.

He sighed, "Zoo-Zoo. She told us last night how she only gets at least one Hearth's Warming gift every year."

The fillies gasped with Gemstone proclaiming, "That's awful!"

"You're telling me!" said Cotton, "And I know a thing or two about being awful!"

Fire looked back at the pile of presents, "You know… it really is a lot more than we deserve…"

"No kidding. We have two castle homes!" Whirl mentioned.

"Some ponies aren't so lucky…" Star hung her head.

Skyla pointed, "So… what are we going to do?"

Snow Pea, Little Button, Apple Butter, Skater, Roller Blade, Screw Ball, Apple Jewel, Gemstone, Fire Spark, Starling, and Whirl Wind all looked at each other in uncertainty.

It was Cotton who spoke, "I'll tell what we're going to do. We're going to give some filly the best Hearth's Warming she's ever had!"

Every one of her cousins smiled at her.

The parents, plus Ra-Ra and Sunset, were making their way down as they talked among themselves.

Twilight said, "I bet the kids had opened their presents already!"

"I can't wait to see the look on Jewel's face!" Spike said.

"I know a couple of things Gemstone has wanted." said Rarity.

But when they got to the bottom, to their surprise, the kids were each carrying a present and were heading out.

"Uh… kids? Where are you going?" Sweetie inquired.

Cotton answered on their behalf, "We're going to spread some Hearth's Warming cheer!" She headed out and the cousins followed after her.

The parents glanced at each other in puzzlement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoo-Zoo waited by the small tree in the living room as her mother, Zipporwhill, came in with a present and gave it to her daughter.

"Happy Hearth's Warming, sweetie."

"Thank you, Mommy!" she opened her gift to see a small toy.

"I know it's not much, but hopefully it's something you can enjoy."

"I do! I love it!" she hugged her mother.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and Zipporwhill exclaimed, "Who could that be?" She opened it and all at once, the royal children shouted out while holding up the presents.

"Happy Hearth's Warming, Zoo-Zoo!"

Zoo-Zoo gasped as her fellow pageant players came in and gave her presents along with their cousins. Cotton gave her a big hug.

"How…? Why…?"

"Because it's Hearth's Warming, silly, and you're our friend!"

"You mean it?!" her eyes gleamed.

Her former cast members nodded.

Cotton proclaimed, "This is what Hearth's Warming about! Spending time with your friends and family! And so help me, I will keep bringing joy to those who need it!" No sooner had she said that, a strange glow surrounded her.

Her cousins and Zoo-Zoo looked on in awe.

The glow died down and Cotton noticed how everyone was staring at her with wide mouths.

"What? Do I have something stuck in my teeth?"

Screw Ball sputtered as she pointed, "Cotton… your… your…"

"What?"

"It's your cutie mark!" Zoo-Zoo smiled brightly.

"My-" She looked back at her flank and sure enough, there it was…a cotton candy cutie mark with sparkles resembling fireworks surrounding it. She cried and jumped for joy, "MY CUTIE MARK!"

The others cheered on for her.

"Best Hearth's Warming present ever!" Screw Ball shouted out.

Meanwhile, the parents were searching for their children in the downtown area of Canterlot.

"I'm fairly certain I saw them going this way." Rainbow pointed.

They turned the corner and they saw the kids lifting Cotton up, throwing her in the air, and catching her.

Pinkie asked, "What is going on here?"

Cotton saw her parents and got down. She rushed to them and she squeezed them. She said at a fast pace, "Oh, Mommy, Daddy, something amazing has happened!"

"What?" they both said. Once Cotton turned around, they gasped and the others followed suit.

"I got my cutie mark!"

Pinkie and Cheese had tears of joy in their eyes as they embraced their daughter, saying, "We're so proud of you!"

Twilight went to her children and noticed Zoo-Zoo's home life. She then went up to the filly and her mother, "You know, since the children are such good friends thanks to the pageant, how would you like to have Hearth's Warming at the castle with us?"

Mother and daughter glanced at each other in surprise before agreeing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The family gathered around the tree as well as Zoo-Zoo and her parents and Ra-Ra as they exchanged gifts and opened presents. Slowly, Sombra began to sing.

"Here we are, warm and cozy by the fire's glow…"

Celestia came up to him, "Singing songs and stealing kisses under the mistletoe…"

Luna sang out, "We've finished our feast!"

Cheese sang, "Had the tastiest treats!"

Ra-Ra sang, "But the spirit of Hearth's Warming just isn't complete…"

Everyone sang, "Without true friends and family… and the memories we recall… It's the love we share that fills the air! And makes this the best Hearth's Warming of all!"

Whirl sang, "Something special underneath the tree…"

Rarity and Fancy sang to their daughter, "We hope it fits you perfectly!"

Snow Pea sang, "I'm making a wish on a sparkling light!"

Cadence and Shining Armor sang together, "But that's not what makes this a magical night!"

Every pony sang, "It's our true friends and family… And the memories we recall…"

The guys sang out, "That we recall!"

Everyone finished, "It's the love we share that fills the air! That makes this the best Hearth's Warming of all! It's good friends, and warm wishes… that makes this the best… Hearth's Warming of all!"

It was one of the best Hearth's Warmings the family had. The family was all together for the first time in a long time, the showcase went better than ever, and the children began to understand what the importance of others had to offer. Old friends reunited and new friends were made. They doubt that there would be another one like it. But that's fine, for this was a Hearth Warming they would never forget…

Author's Note:

*Sniffles* Sorry, I'm getting a little emotional over this… Honestly, I thought I wouldn't get back to this series, but thanks to my sister, KidatHeart5, with her writing the fifth installment and since Christmas was on the way, I decided to write this. It probably was for the best, because from what I've read so far in What Lies Within, you'll be glad I had them doing family stuff. Plus, it was K5 who thought of the Windigo connection to Snow Pea, so it was her idea in the first place. I just fiddled around with it here because it will be a bigger plot in the next story. January 5th is almost here, everyone, but I wonder if I can convince her to release it a week before her birthday. Of course, it'll be an important one, so I'm doing what I can to make her happy. Well, Happy Hearth's Warming, everyone!

Comments ( 12 )

This...was...AWESOME!!!!:raritystarry:
Instant fav.:heart:

This entire story was perfection. Well, not literally, but it was wonderfully enjoyable nonetheless. :twilightsmile:

6740651 Okay, so no Tatzulwurm mucus. Err, that would have distracted from all the bonding anyway.

Awesome!!!
The next story?!?!? You mean... THERE'S MORE!?!?!?!
AWESOME!!!
You and your sister are amazing!!!
Love your story, especially the ones with this family!!!
Keep writting!!!!

This is so...:fluttershysad:*sniff* why do you gotta do this to me? Why? I... I... *sniff*:fluttercry:

I'LL CHOP YOU'RE HEAD OFF! AND MAKE STEW OUT OF IT! AND GRILL BRAIN BURGER! AKA. BB!:pinkiecrazy:

Sorry... I'm not wanted here... I'll just.. go..

Farewell, my friends.

6755515
Pretty much, I thought I was done, but ideas kept popping up. Just remember to check out KidatHeart5's profile when What Lies Within comes out.

Are you and your sister psychic or something? With Starlight disliking Hearth's Warming and the mean teacher (even if it was just a story) in the latest episode

7217591 It was just a crazy coincidence, although CN12 was happy that her headcanon was right.

7217591
7221490 No kidding, I was just as shocked at the latest episode when I realized my headcannon was right. Either we can somehow sense this things or the writers are cheating off the fanfiction writers, but hey, great minds think alike.

9049968
Why not? People celebrate Christmas in July, so you might as well. 😆

"Some ponies aren't so lucky…" Star hung her head.

Yeah, keep that in mind when you hit your teen years, kids. :ajbemused:

I'm sorry if my comments are bothering you, but just remembering the kids' behavior in Crown of Winter gets me a little salty.
:twilightsheepish:

9056769
I know, but alas the behavior was necessary to the story and the important thing was they learned their lesson in the end.

Login or register to comment