• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 21,239 Views, 1,036 Comments

The Equestrian Honor Guard - Honored Service



A military college student is thrown into the land we all know and love.

  • ...
91
 1,036
 21,239

The Second Encounter

The Equestrian Honor Guard
Chapter 8
By Honored Service


“And then the primer is struck causing the explosive to propel the bullet out of the gun through the barrel at an extremely high velocity.” I explained to Reggie as I pried another bullet from the mold. For the past 9 hours I had made 220 of the 224 bullets that I could make. Reggie had stayed around and just asked questions about Earth, Human culture and other small talk topics.

“So Humans themselves have no magic, but are incredibly advanced in mechanics and technology?” Reggie was very interested in the technology that we had Earth. Submarines were by far his favorite. I guess that because he spent the majority of his life in the water that would be his favorite topic.

“That’s…ugh…right Reggie.” I grunted as I pried apart the mold that held the last and final 5.56 round. Using the same rocks as I had for the last 223 bullets, I clamped the metal of the shell around the copper and purple sealing it shut. “There we are Reggie. That’s all of the bullets for the rifle. Now I can defend myself. And I dub these new magic bullets, Wonder Rounds©.

Reginald had explained that he was magic. But his magic was like earth pony magic. It wasn’t able to be seen directly, but it allowed him so survive under water for immense amounts of time without having to surface for air. His scales were also nearly impenetrable, “Just like a dragon’s,” he had explained, “But I at least have some class and sophistication.”

So I pieced two and two together. The metal I melted in the bowl made of his scales, absorbed the ability to be nearly unstoppable. Regular 5.56 bullets don’t leave that kind of exit pattern; let alone go through an entire tree.

I picked up the empty magazines and began to load them all with the new Wonder Rounds© and put the full mags into the pouches on my chest rig.

“Well Reggie, now I only have to do this 75 more times for the pistol rounds.” That surely wouldn't take as long, I had gotten the hang of this bullet making very quick and I had only cut my hand 5 times and pinched my fingers in between the rocks 4 times; pretty good for someone who only had a rough knowledge of bullet making. Thanks Uncle Leo. (You crazy redneck bastard.)

“Ah about that human… Since you now have some protection, I may head off and do my own serpent thing for a bit. Not that I haven’t enjoyed our time for conversation, it’s just getting late and I'm ever so tired.” Reggie stretched up and yawned, falling back into the river up to his nose.

I looked up from my 9mm mold and noticed the sun was almost completely set. The dark sky was creeping over the forest one again and I would have to brave the night once more. But this time… I had an old friend ready to go. She was clean and fed with new ammunition. The forest could throw whatever it wanted at me, and this time, I would be ready.

“Of course Reggie. Get out of here ya’ crazy river serpent thing. I do appreciate all the help you’ve given me, and you staying here all day keeping me company. Go do whatever you used to do, before an alien came an interrupted your life.” With that I waved good bye to my friend, that happened to be a giant purple river monster, and Reggie slipped into the water and was gone, swimming out of sight.

“I hope I haven’t been taking up too much of his time. I would hate to be a burden.” I grunted as I pulled open the 9mm mold. Inside was another copper and purple bullet. Now that I looked at it, I noticed something very strange. I mean the fact it was a magic bullet was pretty strange. But the other strange fact was that none of the metal I was using was copper. Why were the rounds coming out copper colored? Then again im asking this question and not how I ended up in Equestria; a land of colorful talking ponies that used magic… Screw it, they are now copper bullets. Fuck logic.

Alright it’s getting late. My watched beeped- 11:00. The sun was completely set and I noticed that the forest was dark. Very dark. And my fire was getting smaller. Wait what? Shit! I forgot to get more sticks for the fire. I know I have a rifle that works now, but I need light to see what I’m shooting at.

I scrambled up from the camp and with my rifle in hand I moved towards the tree line to find some more firewood. The woods nearest my camp had already been picked clean. I should have started to gather wood farther away as to avoid situations like this one.

Crack

“Fuck, Whos there?” I spun around to see nothing. “Just the shadows playing tricks. That’s all. Just find the wood. Get out. Find wood. Get out. Find wood…”

Crack

“Ok fuck this!” I ran back towards my humble little camp. From this distance I could just barely make out the dimming camp fire. And on the bed roll was the chest harness. “I’m putting that on asap!” The extra magazines and protection would make feel a lot safer in these woods.

RRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly turned around. My heart was beating very fast after it had nearly stopped beating because of that sound. As I came to look behind me, I saw a huge ferocious beast. This time it wasn’t a mosquito. I was staring at a manticore; dark blood red mane, long powerful lion body, sharp deadly scorpion tail, and massive claws. And it had its eyes locked on me. It licked its chops at me. A large drop of drool rolled over its lips and landed on the ground.

Fuck.

“That’s a nice kitty. Good kitty. I’m just looking for some wood…no need to get violent or anything.” I was slowly backing up. I don’t know why I hadn’t shot the damn thing. I just couldn’t seem to raise my arms and shoulder my weapon. This manticore was at least 13 feet tall. And the whole claws and deadly tall thing was pretty intimidating.

It lifted one paw and took a step closer. It had this look of hunger in its eyes. And I was what it called for to fix that.

“Goddamn it.” I looked to my right, the dark and gloomy forest. I looked to my left, a wide deep river. Option 1 it is. I bolted to the right and into the forest, the horrid nightmarish monster giving chase. I was smaller and hoped that the big fur ball would get caught in between the trees or held up by the vines. I turned my head and say in horror that the trees were simply pushed aside and the vines broke like glass as the manticore followed its next meal deeper into the forest.

“Of course, I can’t get a fucking break.” I jumped a fallen tree like a hurdle. On the bright side I had a weapon this time. Two weapons really, Bad Bertha and the M16A2 now with kickass ammunition. I ran into a clearing and stopped. This was the same clearing that a day and half ago I had fallen into. I walked to the edge of the clearing and paused. I turned just as the monster manticore entered opposite of me. We stared each other down.

“If this is where I came into this world, this might as well be where I leave it if I have to.” All of a sudden I found that confidence I was lacking earlier. The rifle was shouldered and I took my firing stance. The manticore pawed the ground, ready to pounce forward at me.

Click, safety off – semi auto engaged.

I took a deep breath. The mythological beast hurled itself at me with amazing speed. I jumped out of the way landing on my side as the monster charged by me. I aimed down the sights as I lay on my side; lining up the shot. The beast turned around wondering where its prey and vanished to.

“I plan on staying here fuzzball.” I squeezed the trigger of the rifle.

BANG BANG BANG
Tink Tink Tink

The red hot shells landed on the ground next to me. Smoke curled out of the barrel and the ejection port. I stood up and kept the rifle at the ready as I approached the pile of fur and flesh that had attempted to make me its next meal. Two massive holes covered its side and one large hole and cleaned out half of its head. Bits of skull and grey matter were scattered everywhere behind the creature. Blood was pooling around the dead creature; shining in the moon light.

I slowly turned away from the beast. Many emotions were running through my mind. I had just killed an animal in Equestria. It was just trying to eat. Yeah, but it was trying to eat me. Only the strongest will survive. But you aren’t strong. You are just a human.

I looked down at the rifle in my hands. This weapon was dangerous without magic bullets. Now with Wonder Rounds©, it was nearly unstoppable. That manticore was huge and I had just scattered its brains across the clearing in seconds.

“I will only use my weapons for self-defense or protection of sentient life here in this world. And if anyone tries to take this weapon, ill disable it some way so they can’t use it.” I was going to have take some piece of the weapon off of it whenever I wasn’t using it, to insure that it couldn’t function unless I was the one using it. Same thing for the pistol. Which means that BB needs upgrading, in case I can’t get the weapons working in time.

“Now I just need to find my way back to the camp. GODDAMNIT” I hollered at the canopy of the forest. I was lost in the forest and had 27 bullets left and a knife and no food of any type. “Why does nothing ever seem to work in my favo-ahhh”

I tripped over a root and fell down a hill. Rolling end of end I landed flat on my face at the bottom of the hill. “Oh for the love of Pete.” I pushed myself up and picked myself out of the field of blue flowers I had landed in. These flowers looked familiar; light blue petals with dark blue inside designs…oh fuck me sideways.

I stumbled through the Everfree just trying to find the river I had made camp next to. If I could find the river, I could follow it back to the camp, if I didn’t end up going the wrong direction. No, happy thought, happy thoughts, everything is going to be alright. I survived a manticore attack and so far the poison joke had done nothing to me.

“I think.” Nope same voice. Ok so nothing different here. I grabbed my crotch, “Yup, Johnson’s Johnson is still intact,” I continued plodding through the forest trying not to panic about losing my way to my home camp.

My watched beeped- 6 am. A low glow was cresting the top of the forest. Wait I could see the sun, I must be getting out of the dense forest. And with that thought I burst out of the Everfree and onto the clear stretch of land running next to the river.

“And now to find my camp,” I came face to face with my wonderful bedroll and the fire bit without a fire, “What is this, something actually went right!” I collapsed on the bed roll next to the chest rig and closed my eyes. Oh I’m going to sleep so well. This nap is going to make Rainbow Dash proud. I remembered the fire was out and saw that the metal that I needed more the 9mm bullets had solidified in the bowl. But it wasn’t copper and purple; it was silver and red. Fuck logic once again.

“I’ll worry about it after this nap.” The sun rose over the horizon as I was settling down for another nap. All of a sudden I was blinded by a bright light, I tried to shield my eyes from the light, but when I moved my hands, the bright light would continue to blind me. Squinting my eyes, I tried to find the source of this damn light. I looked down, and noticed that my hands were sparkling. I ripped off my jacket and under shirt and my entire chest was sparkling like it was covered in glitter.

“FUCK SPARKLEY VAMPIRES!” I fell back onto my bedroll and just went to sleep. The last thing I herd before unconscious sleep took hold of me was Reggie saying,

“Oh looks who’s back, and look at how pretty you are!”

Really? Fuck me. Fuck the Everfree. Fuck poison joke. And FUCK SPARKLEY VAMPIRES.















as always, any corrections, drop them in the comments or a message. Peace ya'll i got some BF3 to go play.