• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 21,241 Views, 1,036 Comments

The Equestrian Honor Guard - Honored Service



A military college student is thrown into the land we all know and love.

  • ...
91
 1,036
 21,241

The Training Op

The Equestrian Honor Guard
Chapter 1
By: Honored Service


“Wake the fuck up shit face!”

I am not a shit face. And i wasn't shit faced. I am a poor decision maker though. I currently am a freshman at one of the nation’s hardest military colleges. And as a freshman apart of the fourth class system, I am not human being, I am shit. Thus shit face.

I looked up into the eyes of a red faced junior all of us freshmen called 'Boomer'. He was pretty heavy for a cadet and screamed a lot... Like a boomer.

"Sir sorry, I am awake now and ready sir." I said, as he moved down the bed of the truck to torture some other freshman.

"I see someone finished that history paper late last night."

I turned to my right to see a smiling freshman, one of my best friends, Patterson. He was stuck in my company and Army ROTC class. Patterson was a good friend and was always there for you when you needed him, no matter what it was.

"Yeah man, 3 in the morning." I said as I gave him a punch on the shoulder. "What's today's training op?"

Across the bed of the supply truck, turned transport truck, was another member of my company, Ryans, he was an incredibly bright kid who was just able to get good grades right off the bat, and still studied for hours on end. Like a 4.5 GPA all his life.

He looked at me and shrugged.
"Same as last week's dude; enemy took the plans for the base and we have to either retrieve them or kill all the S.O.B.s who took 'em... " He paused for a second, then chuckled, "Or you know, blow them up."

"And knowing Boomer..."

"Yup," he said, "Boom."

"And Boomer is Captain for the day again?"

From the left side of me another voice spoke up, “You know it man, he just loves to have the power. Fucking asshole." That voice was Jacobs. He was an excellent guy and excelled to be the best cadet recruit possible, just a tad cocky and boastful but he deserved it. Not to mention he was one hell of an athlete; track, football, and basketball star.

"Awesome, I can't wait to do this op. So excited. What other companies are with us?" I asked trying to figure out what kind of fun today was going to be.

Ryans was digging into his pack, pulled out a notebook and handed it to me.

"We got Alpha, Romeo, Hotel and some regimental band guys. And the big scary enemy has F troop, Gulf, Lima, and Victor."

Tucking the notebook into my inside chest rig pocket and thanking Ryans for his foresight to bring an extra ops manual, I closed my eyes hoping to get a few more minutes of sleep before we hit the training field.

"All of you shits disembark and get your equipment from the Sergeant and then meet in the staging area." That was the fastest 5 minute break ever. Screw late night papers.

An echoed mass of "sir yes sir" was heard and all of us freshmen moved out to get fitted for today's training fun time.

• • •

"Name?"

“Sir, Johnson sir"

"Identification number?"

"Sir, 109716914 sir "

"1 M16A2 and 1 Berretta side arm. How many blanks ya want Johnson?"

"Sir,8 M16 mags and 5 Berretta clips sir."

"Ok and I want them all back. Don't go throwing them around everywhere. Pick 'em up, this shit costs money." This entire time the Gunnery Sergeant hadn't looked up once from his manifest and weapon deployment sheets. I picked up my equipment and stepped back from the table.

"Sir thank you sir."

As I proceded towards the staging area, i tried to get all of my equipment in order for the training op. this consisted entierly of filling my mag pouches with loaded magazines.

The time was 10:36 in the morning. It was shaping up to be a long day out on the field.

I jogged up to my squad mates just as Boomer started briefing us on the op that was being done today.


"Listen up you worthless wastes of space," barked the junior, "We are going to stop the enemy from making off with the intel to our base. We know that they are held up in the building 600 yards down range and they know that we are coming! Expect resistance!"


I leaned over to Patterson and whispered, "So, not only do they know we're coming to get them, they also have a building to hide in?"


"Who just fucking talked!?"


The junior jumped off the stump he had been on and walked into the middle of the group of freshmen.


"Well? Which one of you shits think they know how to do this better?"


I slowly moved forward and braced in front of the junior.


"Sir I was the one who spoke sir." I may have been trembling slightly. You never gave yourself up unless everyone was going to get punished. I was just being honest and fessing up before Boomer would punish anyone.


"Well I appreciate the honestly Johnson." He walked over to me and smiled. For a second there I almost thought I would be forgiven... almost.


"Well you little fuck up; guess whose squad gets to be forward recon and possibly suicide squad?"


Well so much for avoiding punishment, at this point I was screwed so why not play the game poke the bear. Try to piss off an upperclassman when it couldn't get much worse.


"Sir would it be Alexander's squad sir?"


I wasn't prepared for the rifle but that smashed into my lower gut and sent me toppling into the mud at the junior's feet.


"No you little shit stain, your squad. Now get the fuck out of the mud you worm and back into position. Everyone synch watches. We go on 1100."

As my 3 squad mates picked me up and helped me back to my feet, Boomer leaned over to me and whispered, "Hey, Shit face! Wanna know something? My friend is the enemy leader today. I'm going to make sure he 'accidentally' picks up dummy rounds in stead of blanks. Just for you Johnson. Have fun out there."


Now I'm in pretty deep shit right? It can't get much worse can it? Yes it can. I can just keep talking. Fuck my big mouth.


"Sir thank you I feel so special and lucky."


I wasn't prepared for the second rifle but to the gut either. I went down again into the mud.


With that, Boomer about faced and strolled over to the Army ROTC Colonel and Captain to discuss his plans to win the training battle.


Ryans picked up my rifle and brushed off some dirt that had gotten dangerously close to the firing port. "Dude, you really should shut that trap of yours." He said as he handed it back to me.


I pulled the charging handle back and put the weapon on safe. "Thanks Ryans, I was being honest. I got some awesome squad mates. Now let's go be the best forward squad ever."


The time was 10:56







Thanks to Shadowabsol Check em' for some amazing editing skillz. With a z, That awsome.)
Big Thanks to Slip Kid what a boss for more editing skillz