• Published 3rd Dec 2015
  • 1,060 Views, 11 Comments

A New World, A New Map - Northern Desert



When that pirate crew know as the Volatile Hydreigon become one of the many inhabitants of Earth to get transported by Arceus. Finding themselves on a strange island, these outlaws of the sea are driven to discover this new world!

  • ...
4
 11
 1,060

Chapter 1 - A Storm's a Brewin!


Intro:




Dark clouds slowly extend across the sky, promising difficult weather for those who remained outside. Below this incoming storm lay a vast ocean, land being a rare sight in this corner of the sea. And yet, it was this part of the endless blue that attracted many visitors due to the secluded islands that did exist. Humanities hand has touched much of the world, but it was here that one could see the true beauty of nature.


This is what a certain tourist ferry would experience in the Sinnoh region, but they had more...pressing matters at hand. While the cruise had been fine and the people onboard had managed to avoid the oncoming storm, there were more dangerous circumstances that roamed these waters.


Some involved the rampaging creatures that dwelled in the sea, Pokemon. Others however...they were more nefarious. While many humans work with Pokemon for many reasons; as friends, as allies, as co workers (trainers had perfect these companionships)some people sought to work with their Pokemon in different ways. While these humans were no less kind or caring to their Pokemon friends, they were on the far side of the law. Thieves, vigilantes, extremists...pirates.


Two ships were docked on the shores of one of the few islands that existed in this part of Sinnoh. One was a normal transport ship, designed to carry many people and Pokemon on many tour groups. The other was leaner, its sides reinforced to the nail. And a single black flag ferociously flapped with the violent winds emanating from the storm.


This flag carried the symbol that many seafarers feared. The symbol of a pirate. No ordinary pirates, mind you, but one of the up and coming crews that seemed to control the peaceful world’s vast sea.


The Volatile Hydreigon

The flag was a light black, with three snarling dark black Hydreigon head staring directly towards those who beheld the sight.


While many speculate the name is based off the owner’s own Hydreigon, one renowned for its loyalty, other believe it goes deeper. The three heads representing the unison that one needs to be part of a ship’s crew, let alone a pirate crew.


So, the main issue that these tourist face, besides the fact that they were taken by pirates and a storm fast approaching, was the problem of their destroyed ship. That was something they would have trouble overcoming since this was such a remote part of the ocean. But they were far too terrified by the pirates demanding their material possessions to consider this.


“Alright,” The captain of these scallywags sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. It had been one issue after another for the pirate, these people making every single command difficult. If he had not been through these raids where stuffy rich people made this threat or this deal, he would have resorted to force.


“I will make it clear one more time,” He said as smoothly as possible, trying to contain his frustration. These people really thought that he would just go away if they whined enough. “You do everything we say, and we let you go--”


A snort of agreement came from the Charizard next to the man. While one would question bringing a fire type such as Charizard aboard a ship due to that precious flame on their tail, this one had a steel cage that protected its iconic fire. Contraption seemed to be slided over the end of the Charizard’s tail where it would be then strapped down. On the end was a metallic spike with plates that were bolted together to form a cone, thus making it airtight so that if the pokemon were to fall into the water, its flame would not die.


“Why can’t you people leave us in peace!?” Captain Dokey, the one who sailed the now wrecked tourist vessel, growled. He had lost too much to these wannabe sailors, this being his most recent of losses.


“I know, I know,” The pirate said, putting his hands up defensively at the sailor’s less than kind tone. “But we all have a living to make, am I really in such a wrong to want to make one as well?”


While many of those that sailed with the old captain did not rise up to challenge the dangerous man, two trainers were carefully making their way to their pokeballs. They knew little of the man, only his name.


Captain Hadrain.


Hadrain was young for someone in his profession, being in his late twenties. While he had gained an infamous reputation, he was also known by many as a hero. His homeland is unknown, but he has sailed around the known world searching for mysterious treasures and exciting adventures. Some even say that he had fought with Team Aqua at one point or another.


He wore a simple gray coat, with a clean black fedora with a long floppy brim and his crews symbol emblazed upon it. He was somewhat clean shaven, but one had performed better when it came to smooth faces. What made him different from all of the other pirate stereotypes was his never-dying grin. Neither happy, nor sad.


“Alex,” The male trainer whispered to his friend. He looked over to see the crew of the Volatile Hydreigon.


He counted four Pokemon and their human. A Drifblim holding a bag while a Garchomp urged the unfortunate tourist to place their possessions in. A Chatot was on Hadrain’s shoulder while the Charizard from earlier was watching over the group of tourist, looking for any signs of aggression or thoughts of harm towards his captain and friend.


This was strange...he saw seven Pokemon total when the pirate had intercepted their ship. So where was---

“Well crap,” Alex huffed as she stopped her sneaking. The boy stopped as he looked back to see what had halted his friend’s approach to their pokeballs.


The remaining three of the Volatile Hydreigon crew.


One was a cream colored cat, the pokemon’s ribbons holding the two trains pokeballs. The Sylveon had a smug look on its face, smirking at the two trainers. Next to the cheeky pokemon was an Dewott, its hands on its hips lightly clutching one of two scalchops on its thighs.


However, the most intimidating of the three was their leader. His three heads staring intently at the frozen kids, a small smile crept on the three faces.


Hyyy,” It said, the look of satisfaction on its face never leaving. “Hydreigon!


The two trainers let out a cries of terror as the draconic pokemon launched towards them, as if he was ready for the kill. What they didn’t expect was the vicious pokemon halting inches away from them, giving them an amused look.


“Oh for the love...why doesn’t anyone listen me!?” A voice cried, the teenagers whirled around to see Hadrain walking towards them in annoyance.



Things could have gone better for the pirate crew. It was an easy catch, but these wannabe heroes were always looking to ‘save’ these poor rich folk from the ‘big bad pirate’.


Hadrain knew that he wasn’t a saint, but what can a guy do? While he may be a pirate, he had standards that made his job quick and clean. So murder would never be one of his charges, but this seemed to backfire on him occasionally. People always assumed that he would just kill them. But whenever he gives his ‘I don’t kill anyone and you just give me your money’ routine, his victims came to the idiotic conclusion that they could do whatever they wanted!


“What do I have to do, break someone’s kneecaps?” Hadrain thought bitterly. “Us professionals never get the respect we deserve. I bet those washed up Aqua jokes don’t have to put up with this when raiding a museum.”


The two teenagers that stood before him showed small signs of worry. The pirate assumed that this was these kids’ first time getting robbed, because when being held on a island with no chance of escape besides the guy who's holding you hostage, you don’t usually run off. But Hadrain was a professional, so he kept his smile and acted calm.


“Soooo,” The swashbuckler said offhandedly, regaining his mental composure when realizing that he properly planned for this. “Watcha doing there?” He asked cheekily.


“Ummm, nothing!” Alex said quickly, looking over to her friend to get his attention. The boy snapped back to her, giving her a ‘are you kidding me look’. “We...we were just talking a stroll!” She managed to say.


“I...I don’t know,” The captain mused, deciding to entertain his captives. “Because it really looks like you were trying to ummm, get your pokemon and fight me.”


Before the teens could reply to the nefarious seafarer, a large crack of lightning filled the sky. Hadrain growled in anger at the sound, signaling that they were in for a rough journey on the sea.


“Clammer,” The man groaned, the Dewott walking up to acknowledge it had hear its name. “Clammer, be a dear and escort these nice people, with their pokeballs, back to the group.”


Clammer the Dewott gave a skeptical look, but shrugged and did as he was asked. The Chatot on Hadrain’s shoulder looked up at the sky, giving it a thoughtful look. The colorful bird then chose to speak, slightly shocking the two teenagers that were being escorted.


“That distress signal the ship gave off should bring a search party by tomorrow,” The bird stated, still looking at the now darkened sky. “I say we sail somewhere in the storm, maybe to one of the deserted islands. This way any of the authorities coming here will be to busy looking for the tourist that we can slip out once the storm settles down.”


“Seems like a plan, Singsong,” The human agreed, giving his friend a small pat on the head.


All of this planning and mugging was stopped when a thunderous roar came from the jungle beyond the shore. All of those on the land looked over towards the source, seeing one of the tourist that had managed to break away from the group.


“No one, no one listens to me!” Hadrain shouted as he saw the deserter dashed towards them. What came behind him only furthered the pirates bad mood. A large behemoth emerged from the clearing behind the poor man that was its prey. Its head was massive and the two large and muscular legs that carried it shook the ground with each stomp.


A furious Tyrantrum was the last thing one would want to see. And it seems as if this one was more than just furious, the usually redness that came with the pokemon was even darker due to the anger that seemed to seep out of the large creature.


“You have got to be kidding me!?” The captain of the pirate crew shouted in fury. “Bloodfin, Yazer!” The Charizard and Garchomp respond quickly, not needing their captain to give them anymore orders. The two Pokémon collided with their fellow pokemon, stopping the Tyrantrum in its tracks.

This might have been salvageable, if there was only one of these dinosaurs that was chasing the tourist. Two more of these pokemon burst from the trees, one going for the tourists that were near the ship while the other going straight towards the trainers, Hadrian, and his other pokemon.


“Clammer and Hydra, get those people out of there!” The pirate commanded, the Dewott and Hydreigon bolting off the intercept the incoming pokemon. Before Hadrian could give any more orders, his eye caught something that filled him with dread.


One of the Tyrantrum went straight for the trainers. “Moondust, with me!” Hadrain shouted, he and the Sylveon jumping in front of the trainers. Before any real battle could commence, a strange feeling overcame all of those on the island, causing everyone to collapse.


Darkness filled Hadrain’s vision, a signal voice filling the quiet void that had appeared.

“Rest now my children, for when you awake a whole new world shall be your home.”



The tides dashed against the rocks, only the sound of thunder seemed to fill these forgotten isles. None who have been stranded here have ever survived, and these new arrivals will be no different. Who are they to challenge the ways of this world? They will fail to adapt, just like the rest. But maybe there is a chance…

Afterall, they seem to be...different.

Author's Note:

Hello Everyone!

So, this is my first Wayverse fic. I'm attempting to keep it close to the canon stories and not mess with the lore behind it. I don't know whether it'll become a canon story, but zeus and his friends setup a pretty nice world, so I'm inclined to stick with it :3

Let me know what you think and what I can improve on!