• Published 17th Dec 2015
  • 1,388 Views, 32 Comments

My Little Star Wars Episode I: The Lunar Menace - MyLittleGeneration



In a universe far, far away... the Lunar Republic and the Celestial Jedi Order have fought for a century, and a new threat lurks in the space, in which must be destroyed at once. With Twilight, Sunset, and all other companions along, a new age rises.

  • ...
8
 32
 1,388

The Guard And The Jedi

VII
The Guard And The Jedi

After being dismissed, the Jedi apprentices followed Kai Gon June from the little underground room to the main floor. Kai approached a guard with black fur and orange mane. "Say, is there any place where me and these Jedi apprentices can practice freely?"

"Yes. You can practice in the Crystal Garden. It's just out in the back." the guard answered.

"Thanks." Kai said. "Much appreciated." He made his way to a large door made of glass, which led to a large, outdoor area. The terrain was grassy, the area was shielded in a glass dome, and flowers were laid in sections, but the center was very open, leaving space for the Jedi to practice. "Here we go."

Kai ignited his lightsaber, and so did the apprentices. Kai smiled as he looked at his lightsaber. "Alright," he said. He approached Twilight. "It doesn't seem like we have training droids to practice our saber skills, so it seems that... we might have to spar. Sadly, no armor, either. Is that alright, Jedi?"

Twilight nodded. "Yes, Master Kai." she said.

Kai nodded. "Then let's begin. You and I for around fifteen minutes." He then raised his lightsaber. "Let's begin."

"Wait!" Twilight screamed, alarming the Jedi master. "What if I hurt you?"

Kai chuckled and responded, "Don't worry. I'll go easy on you, and if you go hard on me, I'll do fine." Twilight smiled, and he smiled back, in which they then went to a little sparring duel, while trying not to cut limbs off. They were doing well, and in the background, Sunset watched.

She sat on a stone bench, seeing Twilight block quick and evasive maneuvers. Kai swung high, but Twilight blocked it and went for a parry, which Kai ducked under. "Very well, Twilight!" he said in joy. Sunset smiled, then a hoof touched her.

"Hello- WOAH!" Sunset swung at the stallion who was touching her before he even spoke in a reaction, but then noticed who it was when he ducked the punch. It was Flash Amidala. "Nice swing." he said with a nervous chuckle. Sunset looked back, and thankfully, none of the Jedi noticed and were in an intense sparring duel.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Oh, just thought of taking a look and seeing what the Jedi do. Honestly, this looks awesome already." He stared at the little duel between the apprentice and master, noticing Twilight doing a backflip.

"Well, it ain't easy." Sunset said.

"Tell me about it. Looks way harder than this job." He whistled. "How long have you been doing this?"

"Ten years." she answered, making Flash open his eyes wide.

"Ten? Geeze. That's about the same length as my years as a guard!"

Sunset raised a brow at him. "So, you've been a guard since you were a filly?" she questioned. "If yes, then that's rather odd."

"Well, yes and no. I was a part of the Little Crystal Defense Academy, and started my training there. I've been with them for the rest of my childhood, then eventually became a guard, myself."

"Well," Sunset said, smirking. "Why don't you show me some moves? Surely it's not just swing a spear or sword around."

Flash shook his head. "We about have similar style as you Jedi, but you know, less jumpy and like that." He pointed at Twilight, who swerved under and over Kai's lightsaber, and blocking every hit he has swung, then slowly getting back at him. "Here, I'll show you." He took out his sword, which was made of iron, and backed up from Sunset. "Look out, I-I can be a little rusty."

Sunset giggled, which made Flash blush a little. "Go on." she said with a smile.

"Okay." he said with a sheepish smile. He held his sword, and spun it in his hoof a little. He then immediately leaped forward and spun the sword like a fan in front of him, then stepping back. With three swift moves in a swift two seconds, he jabbed his sword out, from high, to middle, to low. He held it out to block him, then spun around, swinging twice. This amused Sunset a little.

"Say, not bad." she commented. Flash then threw his sword in the air, which spun mid-air, then falling down. Once it was falling, Flash leaped and caught it, then stabbing in the ground while kneeling.

He looked up at Sunset. "Not so bad, huh?"

"Not bad." she answered, making Flash smile. "How heavy is the sword?"

"Here." Flash pulled it out of the ground and handed her the sword, in which Sunset almost dropped. "Woah!" he said, noticing she almost fell. Quickly, he caught her. "Easy there."

Sunset looked at him, noticing he is holding her. "O-Oh." she said, growing a light, pink blush. "Th-Thanks." She got up and held the sword high. "It ain't that bad, but it sure has weight to it."

"Yeah, the weight is a little too much, but that's what we royal guards carry with us at all times."

Sunset smiled, and handed the sword back. She ignited her lightsaber, and showed it to Flash. "Would you like to see a Jedi trick?"

"Sure!" Flash said. Sunset looked at her lightsaber.

"Here goes nothing." she said. "This is a little known trick that few Jedi can pull off. I'm one of those few." She gestured Flash to step back, which he did. She took a deep breath, then immediately swung her lightsaber in a circle in front of her. Slowly, the lightsaber's tracks left from the swing lighted up, eventually glowing like a ring. Once bright, Sunset stopped her circle, and swung diagonal, in which the circle gripped to the lightsaber, like it was now a whip. Once it hit ground, it made a whip sound with a robotic shake to it, and she whipped the ground at least three times.

To just have fun, she swirled it in the air, like it was a lasso. It eventually went back to its hoop again, and she brought it down, then hopping through it twice. Sunset happily giggled.

Meanwhile, Kai and Twilight were in the middle of their duel. Twilight was kicked back by Kai, and he used a force push quickly. Out of reaction, Twilight blocked it with a force shield she produced. "Very good, Twilight." he said, about to strike. That is, until he heard giggling. He looked to his left to see Sunset, playing with her lightsaber with the Flash guard from earlier spectating.

Kai squinted his eyes, then realized he was in a fighting stance, in Twilight took the chance to strike. She didn't know he wasn't battling until she swung hard on his arm. "GAH!" Kai yelled in pain, as he quickly held his wound. This caught the attention of everyone in the garden.

Twilight quickly came up to him. "Oh my gosh, Master Kai!" she said in shock. "A-Are you okay? I'm so sorry!"

Kai shook his head. "No. It's alright, Twi..." He winced in pain. "Twilight. Hey, get me the gel from my robe, please?"

Twilight nodded and dug in his robe pocket, pulling out the healing gel from earlier. She took it out, and looked at Kai's wound, which wasn't shown due to his hoof in the way. "Can I see the wound?" she asked. Kai nodded, and showed her a bloody, deep wound caused from the strike. Twilight felt very guilty, and carefully applied it to the wound.

Kai winced even more in pain, but all felt better a couple of seconds later. Once Twilight applied the gel, Kai looked at his wound, healing already. "Thank God for the gel." he said. He looked at Twilight. "Told you it would be needed." He looked at Sunset and Flash, who were to his left. He gave her a cold stare, in which she stepped back a bit, along with Flash. "Sunset." he said strictly. "What were you doing?"

Flash decided to answer for her. "Well, she was just-"

"I didn't ask you." Kai interrupted. He stared back at Sunset. "What. Were. You Doing?"

Sunset gulped. "I... I was just showing Flash some moves... Why?"

"Doing moves without order?" he asked. Sunset looked away and opened her mouth, but Kai spoke first. "Don't say a thing, Sunset. While you haven't technically destroyed anything, and I'm not accidentally dead, you're still in trouble."

"I'm sorry, Master Kai." she said, but Kai shook his head.

"We were here for a little practice round, but you decided to do moves without an order. As much of a skilled apprentice you are, at no time whatsoever must you unleash your lightsaber and do any sort of move."

Sunset's ears dropped. "Yes, Master Kai..."

"You are dismissed." he said. He turned to Twilight. "You can come with me. Perhaps a little more training without the risk of me getting injured again, hmm?"

Twilight nodded. "Yes, Master Kai." Sunset trotted away, while Twilight trotted along with Kai. Flash stared as Sunset moped her way in shame to somewhere off, and decided to come with. He felt like coming with her... for some reason...


Twilight looked at Kai on there way to the ship, where training droids may be available. "Hey, is it alright if I speak, sir?" she asked.

Kai looked at her and nodded. "Yes, Twilight?"

She cocked her head a bit. "Don't you think you went a little... too far on her?"

Kai shook his head slowly. "No, Twilight. You know the Jedi Code of Apprenticeship: No bearing lightsaber without order or reason. She didn't do it with me allowing her, and she did it for no reason other to just simply show off to that guard."

Twilight felt pretty bad for her friend, and thought that Kai took that situation a little too far, but then again, she thought that maybe it was the right thing. She didn't know, but what she did know was that soon enough, she was going to train even further for the battle against the Lunar Republic, and one-fourth of the Four Horsemen...

Author's Note:

And what else can happen next? Find out, in the next chapter!

P.S. There might be a delay in chapter publishing, so please, bear with me. I hope I can keep my attitude to continue this story.

Comments ( 5 )

6902037
YES YES JAR JAR!!

6753420 Hi, Here is An Email I Sent to you today For your Fanbase in star wars...http://www.fimfiction.net/manage_user/messages/8372843
with thanks,
from Your Biggest Fan of All Time Ever,
Shane W.L. Nokes aka James S.K. Plasma

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING

I don't know if I'll be reading this soon, but I just want to point out how you seem to have forgotten about this, not unlike my Star Wars crossover of course.

Login or register to comment